this coffee tastes like ass

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I had a dream that we were at a party at a friends house and my husband was peeing all over the lawn and I was ticked.

I have NO idea what that means, but it took me a minute to remember that it was a dream and not be pissed off in waking life. Poor hubby.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Why is it so fucking hard for people to put stuff back from the rail they got it from, rather then just dump in on the sale rail so I have to move it myself? Do I LOOK like your fucking mother?
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

You. Government. 4 wheels = car. 2? Is a bike. Well done!

So.

Explain to me WHY I need a licence for a CAR? Why??
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

To my dear technical theatre tutors - you gave me a referral. Okay, that''s cool. I get to hand in a second time, a portfolio I couldn't do because I couldn't go to the sessions as you told me to go away and go to the docs, who said I shouldn't be in. That's peachy, seeing as you told me you'd help me. I'd like to take this chance to thank you, for ignoring my emails and messages right up until today when the damn thing has to be in tomorrow. Jooooooy.

Oh well. Least my manager at work trusts me with the keys now. Quite amused and suprised me. Hell, I wouldn't trust me with the store keys...
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I know nothing about driving in the UK, but I know in the U.S. our process to get a driving license is a road and written test that is applicable to any motorized vehicle that drives on roads (car, motorcycle, tractor, etc.)

The drivers license tests for a car demonstrated I understood the rules of the road. (Road test was not "car driving skills" as much as what do all the signs, lights, etc. mean. Written test was about laws - alcohol and DUI's were focused on particularly.)

My motorcycle license test build on the auto road test. It was not taken on a road, but in a parking lot with cones and lines and obstacles. They already knew I knew how to drive on a road so it was a test of my bike handling skills of my bike's engine class (there were 3 classes in WA - 50cc and less, up to 250cc, and unlimited. In IL there are 2 classes - up to 150cc and unlimited). I had to demonstrate I could weave in cones, drive over or avoid fairly large obstacles, stop and start, make tight circles, etc. It was pretty technical and I saw a lot of people fail because they hadn't practiced. I took mine in WA on a 1200cc monster and got an unlimited class license so I would be eligible for classes in advanced riding. The written test was motorcycle specific laws in regards to your relationship with the cars and various motorcycle specific rules (like passengers, lanes, and riding in groups).

All of it built upon the very basic driver's license tests that I took.

So, just off the cuff (and in the U.S. at least) that's why one looking to get a license for their motorcycle needs to get a car license, even if they never drive a car again.

I really really recommend advanced riding classes if you can find the cash. This is where I really learned to ride - not to mention I had fun. I have a 100% track record in accident avoidance (so far - fingers crossed) and I've been riding for over a decade. I've had cars blow out tires in front of me, had to do the 180° turn to a stop thing to avoid cars turning in front of me without looking, and have had some pretty huge obstacles that I had to run over because I couldn't avoid them. It was scary every time but it also felt good to ride away safely because I knew how to handle the bike well enough to stay safe. I learned and practiced it in class.

Even if the rules seem like a bunch of bullshit in the beginning, I kind of understand why it was done this way. There are a lot of really crap drivers on the road (and even crappier motorcyclists - I always cringe when I see unsafe riding) so I would hate to think what it would be like if we didn't have the process of getting a license.

:)

Good luck!

-e
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

....I know, SK, did the research already :D was just....bitching. In the bitch thread. Because sense it makes none.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

I got it.

I was sharing how I once had your bitch (I have to take HOW many stupid tests?) and then admitting ... well, it was okay after all was said and done because there was like a system that actually made sense (in the government and all!) and I was finally legal to drive everything, despite the hassle. (Try finding a 1200cc bike that someone 1 and a half meters tall can still touch the ground on. LOL!)

Plus, (not a bitch) how great motorcycle riding lessons are for preserving your life so you can ride tomorrow. :)

The good news: it will probably easier to find a car to take your test with, than it was for me to find a really short motorcycle with a large engine displacement. :P Though I don't know for sure. Could still be a pain in the ass. Could belong as another post in this thread.

:)

-e
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

You know what my daughter once called a man we saw riding with a bandanna in lieu of a helmet? Suicide on Wheels. Out the car window. Loud enough for him to hear.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

And that's something to be angry about?
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

bitchin about Steyn not being able to come into chat until the weekend. *grumble*
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by steyn
And that's something to be angry about?
He wasn't thrilled, and, well, my state doesn't require adults to wear motorcycle helmets, in the name of "individual liberties" so they claim.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

I would rather shoot myself in the foot than shop with my kids for go-back-to-school clothes again.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Formally quit my job on Monday. Informed them that I was going to be sick all week. Found a new job on Tuesday, started the apartment hunt. Two hour commute both ways for the rest of the week, except Friday, when it was three hours both ways because the immigration office is in the fucking middle of nowhere. Found an apartment on Wednesday but it won't be ready until Sept 7 and I had to be out of my place Friday morning, so on Thursday I moved in with a woman I met for the first time in a bar the night before. On Friday I cried at the immigration office in the morning, then had an 8 hour training shift in the afternoon and evening stretching on into the night.

Best. Week. EVEEERRRRR.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Wow. Spaz, dude, you need some chocolate hun!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:(

I dropped my ice cream.

:bawl
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Power outages SUCKASS.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

I hate college. Regent's Test can eat me. -__-
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
I would rather shoot myself in the foot than shop with my kids for go-back-to-school clothes again.
One more reason I'm grateful my kids wear uniforms! Shopping for school supplies is tough enough, especially since my daughter will go to another school once a week and is required to have a completely separate set of supplies for that day.

That, and the people responsible, knowing full well what my schedule was, picked the worst day of the week to have me drive her across town to the other school.

At least the kid appreciates the hassle we go to on account of her gifted self. Heaven knows the school district couldn't care less.

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

When at a friends house a tree up the street blew over and took the power line out going to that house, causing much sparkage and for the entire road to be blocked off by a fire truck etc as the tree fell across the road with the power line wrapped around it.

The girls watched it and nearly shat themselves.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

On-call until after 2:30 am.

Cat vs. car.

Cat euthanized.

:(

-e
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

Okay. Never mind.

Now I've been in a motorcycle accident. I totally jinxed myself with my earlier post damn it!

-e
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Are you okay???

Speaking of things that worry me to no end, Hurricane Gustav is expected to score a direct hit on New Orleans tomorrow morning. My brother-in-law, who ended up having a book written about his experience surviving Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath called to notify us of his plans...

...not to evacuate. :doh!

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I bought some sparkly high heels.

I love my roommate and almost don't want to move out.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm all revved up...

but I got no place to go.

Except school-which starts today. :rainy
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Ult_Sm86
I'm all revved up...

but I got no place to go.

Except school-which starts today. :rainy
Did you quit that stupid job yet?