this coffee tastes astounding!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: this coffee tastes astounding!

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Star, I'm relieved to hear this. Good for you, good for your family.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Star, I'm go glad to hear that! Give Momfish a big hug!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Also,
Alternator was replaced. Yay. Just $221.01 which is nice. He let me keep the penny.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

This coming weekend, I might get a chance to meet Stan Lee and Chris Claremont!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Going to New York City for a college journalism convention.

Staying in the Sheraton Towers hotel.

$1500 a night.

Awwww shiiiit.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Had an overall great time at Wizard World Portland and got to meet Randy Emberlin, Jim Parsons, Tommy Castillo, Gail Simone, Dean Cain, Chris Claremont (who says hi!), and many other fantastic people.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

This isn't really astounding, but it's better so that's something worth celebrating.

The cops got the jerk who stole and trashed our car. Hubby identified him today. Apparently he's a bit of a career small-time criminal who's been causing the police problems for years, so hopefully they'll be working on making this stick to get rid of him for a while.

Also, the insurance adjuster looked at our car and said "Yep, it's screwed up." Thaaaanks. But he gave our regular mechanic the go-ahead to see how bad the mechanical damage to the engine is, and there's a body shop next door to get an estimate on the rest of the damages. Also, the tires are shot. The car still has a fair shot at getting totaled, and that's really what we want if the engine is really badly screwed up. This car was brand new and we don't want to have problems with it forever because of what this asshole did.

Also, the adjuster is willing to give us $500 cash to cover the replacement of our garage door opener, door locks, and our stolen GPS.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That's actually pretty great news. It sucks that the car may have re-occurring problems after this, but depending on your auto-insurance you might have more wiggle room there than you think.
Both my parents work in Auto/Home insurance (my mom is actually an Insurance Agency Representative whereas my dad actually sells). I know a bit about this stuff and I should think, with proper coverage, you should be exempt from any heavy costs for this. Good luck, Slarti-Party!

;)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Slarti wrote:Also, the adjuster is willing to give us $500 cash to cover the replacement of our garage door opener, door locks, and our stolen GPS.
I love it when insurance adjusters are nice like that. :)
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

So glad they caught that ass and you got money to replace the 'incidentals' that never seem that incidental.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Thanks, guys!

Also, I HAVE to put on this thread that Nightcrawler tonight got a MAJOR pop culture reference on Talking Dead - the companion show to The Walking Dead.

Buckle up, buttercups, we may get some Google hits this week!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Getting a nice little gig as a managing editor. I think that should keep me busy enough while my recovery continues- and then some.

Speaking of work-related stuff, I finally got a check from workers compensation. The Ange Family gets to eat!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I got to start therapeutic riding this week. Feels great to get back on the horse, literally, and because it's bareback rather than western riding, I'm learning something new.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Got an iPhone.
Had fun in NYC.
Girl I like can't date me because her brother is too judgmental which is a super downer :/
But I saw Coheed & Cambria.
My sister comes home for a week today!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

So I was having a shit day today.

Then I hit maximum ridiculous overload when I realized the guy mom and I were having dinner with (an old friend of my dad's) actually believes Obama is trying to control the weather. I've just went beyond amused now so this coffee is awesome and my mind may be a bit broken.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I had not intended on this happening, but it being the miracle of life and all, I suppose it goes here.

Because my cat was sick with an infection, we were told to wait until she recovered before we could get her fixed.

Now that she's better, I thought I'd take her in to get that taken care of.

No such luck. Now that she's not sick, she's pregnant.

Thankfully, we know a lot of people who'd like a kitten.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

The oil leak that was mentioned a couple weeks ago in ass thread, today got a second opinion. The mechanics(plural because one is not enough at this garage, so they put three guys on my case just to be extra sure) had a look at my engine. The head mechanic said the oil leak is so minuscule that the oil doesn't even make it to the bottom of the car, much less to the ground. He wouldn't even say it's leaking oil, it's more like just sweating oil. He suggested not spending thousands on fixing something that small that doesn't even leak properly. So woot!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Horseback therapy was awesome today. My equine friend and I performed S-turns and tight circles for about an hour, and I could even stand some trotting before my leg told me we'd had enough.
SimonTemplar
Lubber
Lubber

Post by SimonTemplar »

I know Magic:TG is super lame, but there's a certain amusement derived from ripping an 8/8 with trample out of a friend's deck and placing it on the field under your control, then cloning five more of them on the next turn. Rock, hard place, meet my friend. He's going to be stuck between the two of you.

Realtalk: It feels kinda good doing pro bono work for the muslim food bank. What is this new emotion I am feeling? I have heard tell it's called... empathy?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

So the day after my cat lost her litter of kittens, we found the perfect balm for her grief. A couple of nursling kittens in need of foster care took up residence in Stormageddon's basket. It looks like we'll actually be adopting them now, because Stormie is quite smitten with the new babies and is treating them just as if they were her own.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So today, I helped save some kittens and a mama cat that got DUMPED at Rhode Island College. The mom was under the steps of Craig-Lee (the English building) and she got very upset when her kittens began to get randomly picked up by students. We, (the students who were also volunteer animal shelter workers-- and myself) started rounding up responsible students to agree to take the kittens (when they were old enough, another week or two probably) and help us wrangle them and get them to a good shelter.

The full picture set and story are found at the Anchor Lifestyles twitter account!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:So today, I helped save some kittens and a mama cat that got DUMPED at Rhode Island College.
Given that the new additions to my family were rescues, how much they've already helped a grieving mama cat, and how much they've cheered up my whole family, I've got to say thank you for saving those kitties.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Slightly more back to being sociable again (after dropping off the map - sorry guys, and I missed you all) and with some good news regarding the becoming-fully-male thing. Those that have been following my blog/facebook know that I've been fighting for medical treatment, and I've finally got it - within the next month, I'll be starting on my life-long shots of testosterone.

Honestly, that is 100% the reason why I'm being more...people-y now ^^
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, it's been a difficult four years in the works, what with real life on my end and my worthy collaborator's couple of overseas deployments interfering, but we finally got my first professional superhero novellas out on Kindle, and soon to be out in print!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CNI9UK8/ref ... Hrb0N4H8QS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

So, boyfriend's tire blew out today on his way home from work... Since my brother had gone to Boy Scouts, I had to drive my dad's truck, which I find terrifying. When I got there, the stupid tire iron didn't fit the lugs. Luckily, a dude driving by stopped and got them off for us.