this coffee tastes astounding!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Re: this coffee tastes astounding!

Post by HoodedMan »

Yay, paid off all credit card debt! (Accumulated a bit of it while my father was relocating and I was putting all income into an emergency fund in case it was needed.)
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Replacement keyboard arrived for my netbook and it works! No more virtual keyboard for me! xD
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

I got my birthday present from Kez today, a shiney new copy of Mass Effect 2

MY COLLECTION IS COMPLETE ONCE AGAIN!
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

My kids + lazer pointer + our kitten Stormageddon = too much hilarity.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I got a refund check from the hospital for Kiley's birth saga! Only took them two years...

We TOLD them their billing was screwed up back then! Hur! Look who was right!!!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

So maybe it was too soon for me to get back into running. I backed out of a 5K I'd wanted to do in favor of taking a long, gentle stroll with my son through town, which was very nice even with the unsettled weather. And I did very well considering I'd spent a great deal of the past couple of weeks passing kidney stones.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Which guy's just had his third appointment and got into treatment to go from 'intersexed it' to 'full-blown male'?

THIS GUY THAT'S WHO.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Blanc
Lubber
Lubber
Nightscrawlearth Character: :gambit

Post by Blanc »

Getting to see estranged family members over Christmas is actually going to make having to deal with my ... unique ... mother bearable. I've missed my younger siblings so much :)
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Only took them a frigging week, but I got my new bank card. Halle-fucking-lujah!

ETA: Also got some free time to give myself a facial... mind out of the gutter.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

While it looks like Mr. Ange will be spending a lot of time in Missouri, and no one in the family is very keen on another long time with him away from the family, or even the possibility of us all having to move if this ends up being long term, but... Mr. Ange got a job! Look out, St. Louis/Festus area!
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Since this is December 21 2012 , the official End of the World, I thought I'd spend my last few minutes of existence posting here. :)
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Guess who got him a swanky new red top hat? :D
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I would have posted this sooner, except I'd spent most of yesterday in the hospital and a great deal of today trying to sleep or figure out how to get things done today with my new collection of injuries. Yesterday, I was on my way to work when someone ran a red light at full speed and struck my car on the driver's side, crunching my car so badly I had to be extricated, and resulting in multiple injuries.

Why is this in the "astounding" thread? Because several eyewitnesses pulled over to give their reports to the police. One called 911 for me. Another asked me if I needed to contact anyone else, then called my office for me to let them know I wouldn't be at work. Another, who was an off-duty EMT, helped me start treatment before the paramedics arrived. This reminded me of just why I love living in eastern Idaho. We do a pretty good job looking out for each other here.

Then, after I got everything that hurt (which was nearly everything) CT scanned, we discovered a little Christmas miracle. Yes, I've got to stay off my left leg for a few days and take it easy for a while. I've got a couple of sprains and some nasty bruising all down my left side, but everything else looks good, much to the ER doctor's surprise.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I'm so glad you're okay, Ange!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I was still too sore to see my daughter off or greet her on her return at the hangar, but still, I get to brag.

My daughter got her first actual in-flight training today and piloted a single-engine Cessna some forty miles, letting her instructor only take care of takeoff and landing. She was a little nervous at first, but took to it very well and called it the best early Christmas present ever.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It's drunk and I'm Christmas! I live you guuuuuyyyyssa!!!

Go Celtics!!!!!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Last day in hong kong and it was a blast! Heading back to SA tonight.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

The upside of being sick as a dog was after being completely miserable last week, this week after my clinic visit Kiley and I will be staying with my dad. Scott won't have to miss any work, we won't be intruding on my mother's crazy, and I won't have to worry about taking care of her when I feel like hell, or passing it on (though she said I probably wasn't contagious anymore).

I can mostly relax and hide in a bedroom and drink hot tea by the gallon until the meds kick in. :content
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

WOOHOO! Sounds like a plan, Slarti. :D
Bamf Girl
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bamf Girl »

My sister just bought me a Klingon Bat'leth. And, after my head practically exploded from amazement, she slugged me in the shoulder and called me a nerd... That's love, man. :D
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

So, four weeks later, I'm on new mediations to help manage the long-tern physical and psychological complications of the car wreck. I'm sleeping a little better. I drove to work and back only being mildly annoyed rather than scared half to death at other people's bad driving. My left leg is still pretty stiff, weak, and sore, and the lift restriction's still in place, but I got the okay to try a couple of gentle runs down the bunny hill this Friday, which means... I get to go skiing!
Bamf Girl
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Bamf Girl »

Hang in there, Angelique! It took my mom a long time to mentally get over her wreck, too. Baby steps helped, though. (And a few spa days didn't hurt either. ;) ) Have fun on those bunny hills!!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

A rare drop of astounding coffee in my life! Had a residents meeting today to talk about what was going on in our building because two car fires and over a hundred complaints in two months is ridiculous.

So there were police there and a senior surveyor and our housing officer person. And I actually feel like we got somewhere, even if it was just the catharsis that I'm not the only one driven to distraction by the antics of 2 and 14. Mostly 14. (Both of whom, coincidentally, did NOT show up for the meeting despite every one of us knowing that they were at home)

So we've been promised new lights, keys for the back door, a self closing fire door so they stop sneaking in the back and repairs to the fence so they CAN'T sneak in the back. The police have given us their direct contact details and extension so we can report any suspicious activity as and when it happens and everyone is keeping logs now and writing down number plates so we can get rid of the drug dealers and (apparently) prostitutes using our carpark.

We've also been promised a breakdown of our service charge so we know exactly what is supposed to get done and WHEN so we can complain when it doesn't happen, have been promised a new bin for outside so they stop overflowing and there's talk of a skip within a week to clear the communal area of number 14's shit. Because everyone agrees it's a fire hazard (especially the surveyor and the fire department) and is in breach of regulations. Everyone's also agreed not to buzz people in they don't know and Roshan said she'd send a letter around reminding residents to bring their keys when they leave their flats (which you'd think would be common sense but apparently not).

Lastly, the best part, they're looking at getting us CCTV. At least inside (which, imo, is the most important) because with outside the building is Grade 2 listed which means they have to apply for permission and they generally don't like people drilling holes into grade 2 listed buildings. But I'll be happy if they can just fix the lighting and keep an eye on the back door and who is smoking inside the communal area (illegal).

Finally feel like we might be moving in the right direction and I actually met some of the other residents - all of whom were surprised I've been here three and a half years because most of them have never seen me. Stealth mode! It's because I don't cause trouble.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Hey guess what!!

My nephew was born on the 6th! His name is Jack Kapitan Duggan!

I'm so happy!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

As a much more positive follow up to the post of ass coffee I did a while back, I'm happy to say that Momfish came back from the hospital today. The surgery went really well and without complications, and aside from a small, quickly healing wound, she's almost complety recovered already. In addition, they gave her a really thorough exam and as far as things are looking, the doc's were able to attest her completely clean bill of health. And while she has to take some radiation therapy, which is standard procedure for tumor removals, it appears like this really will be the end of this troubling chapter.

Thanks so much everyone for their kind wishes! :)