Hi, then.

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Hi, then.

Post by OctoberHoliday »

I didn't know that there were so many other people out there who liked Kurt so much. I thought that I was alone. I'm happy to be wrong about that.

Now, I think that it's important for you all to know that I don't know very much about Nightcrawler, apart from what was in the movie and the two X-Men Legends games. I sadly don't have a lot of access to any graphic novels or shows or the like. All I know is that I think that Kurt Wagner is the most beautiful thing to ever come out of any comic book.

Also, I'd like to add that I'm a bit chatty. I tend to comment a lot, and I do have tons of things to say. I'll try to make sure my comments are useful and have meaning.

So, hi. Is anyone else here?:D

[Edited on 2/5/09 by OctoberHoliday]
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hi, then.

Post by Angelique »

Yes, a whole lot of us are here, and quite glad to meet a fellow fan. Doesn't matter how long you've been a fan. Some of us are pretty much lifelong fans, a lot of others only became familiar with this all around best X-Men character recently.

As for the lack of access to any good comic books, maybe we can help with that.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Hi, then.

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Welcome October! And yup, we are always able and happy to talk as much as you want (and maybe more) about comic version to fill you on in. LOL
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Hi, then.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

OctoberHoliday wrote:
Now, I think that it's important for you all to know that I on't know very much about Nightcrawler, apart from what was in the movie and the two X-Men Legends games. I sadly don't have a lot of access to any graphic novels or shows or the like.

Hell, neither do I.

Welcome.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Hi, then.

Post by Elfdame »

Wilkommen! I too am happy to bustle about with others who appreciate the awesomeness that is Nighty.

One of the members (well, several in fact) has a great website packed with info. Her url is: A Touch Of Velvet. I'm sure you'll find others too, but this is my favourite place to start. And the subforum with fanfics is fun, too, to see the different spins people put on his character, some "canon" and some "alternate universe." Have fun with it all!

So, I'd like to know what attracts you to Herr Wagner.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Hi, then.

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Elfdame wrote:Wilkommen! I too am happy to bustle about with others who appreciate the awesomeness that is Nighty.

One of the members (well, several in fact) has a great website packed with info. Her url is: A Touch Of Velvet. I'm sure you'll find others too, but this is my favourite place to start. And the subforum with fanfics is fun, too, to see the different spins people put on his character, some "canon" and some "alternate universe." Have fun with it all!

So, I'd like to know what attracts you to Herr Wagner.
Thanks for the URL. I'm really enjoying A Touch of Velvet, so thanks a lot.

And, the things that attract me to the Incredible Nightcrawler is, well, everything about him. I like how he's flirty, but super religious. And I like the way he looks, I find him strangely beautiful. Also, I absolutley LOVE the way he talks.

Weirdly, the reason I like him so much has everything to do with Alan Cumming. I know he didn't get good resbonses from the comic book fans, but he really introduced me to the character.

[Edited on 2/5/09 by OctoberHoliday]
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Hi, then.

Post by Jeremus »

Hi, OctoberHoliday!

Regardless of whether people liked or disliked the movie version of Nightcrawler, Alan Cumming's rendition did attract a lot of people to the character and lead them to find out more about him. The movie Nightcrawler isn't exactly the same as the comic version, but I really liked X2 and I loved the White House scene in the first 5 minutes.....that was the best scene in the movie (and in my opinion, better than anything they had in X1 and X3).

Welcome to Nightscrawlers!
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Hi, then.

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Completely agree with you. That White House scene was a work of pure genius. Nightcrawler couldn't have asked for a more amazing introduction. :D

And thanks, happy to be here.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Hi, then.

Post by neling4 »

Welcome October Holiday!
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Hi, then.

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Hi neling. What's the Holiday Writing Contest?
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Hi, then.

Post by neling4 »

Hi!

If you look on the main page, you will find this forum:

forumdisplay.php?fid=4

Rowena posts seasonal writing challenges for us here. Everyone is welcome to enter.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Hi, then.

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Hey, welcome! :)
Witchbrew
Lubber
Lubber

Hi, then.

Post by Witchbrew »

Hello October and welcome. I also enjoyed the White House scene in X2 and there are some animated clips I like as well.

Thanks to everyone for all the links and information. There's always more to learn!
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." E.A. Poe
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Hi, then.

Post by Elwing »

Welcome, welcome! If you like chatting, there is also a chat here. See you around!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”