People are just odd

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Amatheya
Lubber
Lubber

People are just odd

Post by Amatheya »

I was chatting to one of my friends the other day about the Wolverine movie and I got started on my rant about how fantastic Nightcrawler is and how they really need to get back to the version I like (and give him fure for God sake!) when just before falling asleep from bordom my friend pointed out that it's slightly odd that I found Nightcrawler as attractive as I find Hugh Jackman's Wolverine or even Gambit (doesn't matter who playes him as long as he has the accent *drewl*) Which got me thinking. Yeh, that is bloody odd.
What's worse is when I though about it the majority of the movie/book characters I go all dreamy about are either odd looking or are just plain not human :?
Maybe that says a lot about me (probably does come to think about it) but in my many years of waisting time on the internet I'm convinced that I'm not alone in my oddness.
So what is it about a character that can completely override and rewrite the laws of sexy in such an extreme way?
I wanna run away with the circus :)
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

People are just odd

Post by steyn »

Pfft, that's nothing, I'm a furry, 'nuff said.
Anthropomorphic characters :naughty

[Edited on 21/5/2009 by steyn]
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

People are just odd

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Hence the Avatar... gotcha...

I think what makes them sexy IS the fact that they are different. Something you don't see everyday. Bleach blonde hair is common; brunette with a white streak is not. Plus everyone is turned on differently: certain colors, textures, smells... So it's not weird. Well it is, but it's normal.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
flashbang13
Lubber
Lubber

People are just odd

Post by flashbang13 »

I am attracted to anything that is specifically not human, but ESPECIALLY pointy ears, radical skin color, and different skin texture. If it gives the character a more animalistic look, I'm on it like a prostitute on crack XD I walk the fine line between humans with animal features and anthros

[Edited on 22/5/09 by flashbang13]
Me: Do people that have sex with you get rug burn?
Kurt.....;)
Me: lol
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

People are just odd

Post by steyn »

Come on Flash! Embrace the fur! :cracked

Joking aside, yeah, I agree with Bamfing_Bob, every person's tastes are different. I believe the only time when people's tastes are the same is when the mob mentality comes into play and you just go along with the group not wanting to stick out. I just feel sad for people getting poked and made fun of because of their taste in oddness.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

People are just odd

Post by Jeremus »

Personality matters. Would you really like Nightcrawler if he was like this:

http://www.the-nightcrawler.net/images/ ... fullsize=1

(Wasn't this what his character was going to be in "The Outsiders"?)

(And thanks to Neling who found this image.....I don't know where she finds all this stuff.)

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
OneItalianFlower
Lubber
Lubber

People are just odd

Post by OneItalianFlower »

I don't think Kurt's appearance is sexy, necessarily (though he is *cute* when he has his little gadget on in Evo), but his personality is, and I've always gone for guys with great personalities--regardless of appearance.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

People are just odd

Post by Angelique »

Definitely the personality.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

People are just odd

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I dunno, I think for a blue elf, they went out of their way in drawing him, nearly every time, in making him "handsome" or "cute". He sometimes appears cuddly other times he appears brave, heroic, and Errol Flynn like. Sometimes he's got a nice fro thing like Dave originally gave him.

I think the art work in his 12-part (Was it 12?) Where he gets shot and is involved in some... I think it's trade of women or something against russian thugs...

Anyways, he's stylish looking in that story. I was very impressed with the cover work and in-comic work for that set. I believe artists do try to give him refined chin, some kind of chiseled appearance, undeniably handsome.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

People are just odd

Post by steyn »

I bet they're going for :shifty Devilishly Handsome
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

People are just odd

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I always like the weird-looking characters in animation and comics but when it comes to real life attraction, and a live action movie is close enough to real life for me, my type is pretty much standard hottie.
flashbang13 wrote:I am attracted to anything that is specifically not human, but ESPECIALLY pointy ears, radical skin color, and different skin texture. If it gives the character a more animalistic look, I'm on it like a prostitute on crack XD I walk the fine line between humans with animal features and anthros
This is fairly close to what I like too. Somewhere between a full-on anthropomorphic animal and an anime character with cat ears. It might transfer to real life maybe, but I can't think of any time I've seen it done well. It would have to look REAL. Movie Nightcrawler looked like a (ugly) guy painted blue plus some random monster make-up with the yellow fingernails. Fake and yucky. And then the Lord of the Rings movies... the elves had pointy ears which might have been hot but it was not very noticeable and they were SO BORING personality-wise, I had no interest in them on any level.

Give us some examples! Do you have any from "real life" or is it all cartoons and stuff? TELL ME. Speaking of being like a hooker on crack. Man, I thought I gave up on this years ago... :shifty
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

People are just odd

Post by Scumfish »

I like Sabretooth. 'Nuff said. XD But no, seriously? I like weirdness too. Anything that sticks out. I'm a big one for 'fantasy' - anything from demons to anthros etc. And wings? The more the better.

But yes, personality has to play a big part. Part of the reason I'm such an avid Sabes fan is because I like the fact he's an insane psychopath. You can throw a pretty lion boy at me all you like, but if he has a personality like wet cardboard I'm not interested.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

People are just odd

Post by puppygirl »

Me and Scumfish's boss fangirl over movie Hellboy ... he's just so goddamned sexy, and I'm not sure why.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
flashbang13
Lubber
Lubber

People are just odd

Post by flashbang13 »

Actually, I like Abe! He looks so tall and sleek ^^ not to mention the second movie's Barry Manilow duet XD
Kurt.....;)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

People are just odd

Post by Nandireya »

Heh! I watched that last night...that scene still cracks me up :D

I remember reading a snippet from whoever the artist was who designed the original AoA looks for the characters...at least I think that's who it was...he said something like: "...Kurt's this really good looking guy who just happens to be covered in blue fur..."

I liked that...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
flashbang13
Lubber
Lubber

People are just odd

Post by flashbang13 »

lol at least nighty gets plenty of love....

poor Abe, the one girl that likes him dies while hellboy's makin' whoopie with his
Kurt.....;)
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

People are just odd

Post by steyn »

I'm actually glad they didn't have a fish sex scene in HB2. :shifty Can't imagine doing the naughty with a guy that smells like fish and rotten eggs :yech and that's why personality alone can't help you. It may be a big factor, but if it offences the nose, then you gotta rethink your strategy.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

People are just odd

Post by Angelique »

steyn wrote:I'm actually glad they didn't have a fish sex scene in HB2. :shifty Can't imagine doing the naughty with a guy that smells like fish and rotten eggs :yech and that's why personality alone can't help you. It may be a big factor, but if it offences the nose, then you gotta rethink your strategy.
Maybe Abe goes for girls with major sinus allergies.....
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

People are just odd

Post by Jeremus »

Surely Abe smells like the salt sea....or maybe coconut suntan lotion.

They say Hellboy smells like peanuts.
flashbang13
Lubber
Lubber

People are just odd

Post by flashbang13 »

steyn wrote:I'm actually glad they didn't have a fish sex scene in HB2. :shifty Can't imagine doing the naughty with a guy that smells like fish and rotten eggs :yech and that's why personality alone can't help you. It may be a big factor, but if it offences the nose, then you gotta rethink your strategy.
lol nice XD I still say there's gotta be someone out there for the guy, though. It would suck to be alone
Kurt.....;)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

People are just odd

Post by Angelique »

flashbang13 wrote: lol nice XD I still say there's gotta be someone out there for the guy, though. It would suck to be alone
And there's where I part ways with romance. Being alone doesn't suck for everyone, and even for the attached or those who feel meant for someone, somewhere, it doesn't always suck.

JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

People are just odd

Post by JSherlock »

Here's someone for Abe! :shifty
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
flashbang13
Lubber
Lubber

People are just odd

Post by flashbang13 »

JSherlock wrote:Here's someone for Abe! :shifty
hahaha! that's too funny XD
Kurt.....;)
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

People are just odd

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Lol. I love Nightie because of his personality. I mean, the smile is awesome, and the fur is great, and tail etc, is cool and kinda hot. But I fell in love because of his personality.

Let's see, my favorite character in pretty much any huge fandom is usually odd looking: Spock, Data, Darth Maul, Professor Lupin, etc.

The guy I really think is hot is usually pretty normal looking: Chekov, Bones, Qui-Gon Jinn, Snape, and... dare I say it.... okay, WARREN when he doesn't have blue skin and metal wings. :cracked

:shifty Nightie was never my "he's super-hot" character. Nightie was my "I'd love to hang out with him" character.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

People are just odd

Post by Nandireya »

Angelique wrote:Being alone doesn't suck for everyone...
Indeed it doesn't. I'm quite happy being on my own.
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D