Monk Enters Final Season

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Monk Enters Final Season

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So apparently the hit USA Network show about the OCD Detective, Adrian Monk, titled "MONK", will be entering its final season this Friday at ten pm (EST).

Enjoy this Tribute video on the USA network as various characters from their other original line ups make a special nod to the unique detective.

Monk Tribute

:(

I for one am very sad. As some of you may recall from last fall, I am a huge fan of this show. I respect Tony Shaloub's decision to say the character is dry and he feels there is no further explanation that can be done, however, what time I did have with this wonderful and inarguably hilarious character, I enjoyed thoroughly.

Apparently the Creators of the show and Shaloub himself felt Trudy's murder (The car bomb that pushed poor Monk over the edge with his OCD, keeping him out of the San Francisco Force, but not away from Private Detective work) should finally get a wrap up.

Whether this means it is solved or Monk decides to call it quits is unbeknownst, but I would hope it would be solved being he is so close as of late.

The season premiere starts off with a "bang", a car bomb actually. Looks like it might be his handler's car, so I'm assuming the hitman goes for Monk this time.

Regardless, the show has come a very long way and I for one feel that a show like this should be seen, even if only in its final season.

To the people out of the States, I apologize for wasting your time, LoL, naturally there's not a lot you guys can do here with this. Not my fault though, so please hate on my country's copyright laws, not myself. :toothy
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Monk Enters Final Season

Post by steyn »

:bawl When it started up here again, they moved it to a horrible timeslot. I think it's 10pm on a sunday. Maybe 11 pm. Anyway, I actually wondered when they would get back to Trudy's murder, and I am so glad they are wrapping it up with that. I would hate for it to just die away like most great shows. Anyone remember Stark Raving Mad? Loved Tony Shaloub in that.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Monk Enters Final Season

Post by Jeremus »

I love Monk....I will definitely miss him.:(
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Monk Enters Final Season

Post by OctoberHoliday »

:stunned

Dang. This is what I watch when House isn't on, and I love House enough that if it wasn't on I'd shut off the T.V. if it weren't for Monk. It's sad to say goodbye to a truely well done series, and it's going to suck without it. Hopefully the good ol' re-run syndrome will kick in and it'll still air now and then. Man, that show makes me laugh . . . Dang.
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Monk Enters Final Season

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

it's already shown on either NBC or ABC in afternoons around the same time as stuff like Simpsons I believe. And I know I've seen it in late night syndication (the way Fraiser was for a few years, on at like 12-2 am)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS