I suppose I'll introduce myself...

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Ummm... hi. I'm Dedicatedfollower467. Well, actually I wanted to be dediecatedfollowerofnothing467 but that was too long, so i shortened it. When I did, i discovered that it actually sounds like I'm a dedicated follower of Nightcrawler.

I found this site in the middle of June, but decided not to join until I came back from my month-long stay in England.

Where to start? I got addicted to comics last summer (yeah, I'm a youngling who needs to be initiated) when my friend who has loved them since he was about two finally coerced me into reading an X-Men Encyclopedia and the "Quest for Magick" arc from New X-Men.

I fell in love.

It wasn't too long after that when I discovered Nightcrawler.

So, as far as Kurt fans go, I'm woefully out-of-place. He gets a quick cameo every three or so issues, where he's been completely taken out... woopdedoo... and he only recently got over being a priest. Definitely not the best time to be a Crawler fan.

But I did just buy myself a collection of Uncanny which has not only the "Yeah, I'm religious," scene with the Sleazoids BUT ALSO the "I'm nekkid in the hot tub with my gf, only to be called out on a desperate mission and wander around the comic wearing nothing but some judiciously placed shadows."

I was very lucky to get it... when I bought it I didn't even realize that was what I had.

Ok, umm... I'm a 15-year-old girl... I live in Oregon... I write, read, and draw... I'm a trekkie... I was reading books on a fifth grade level when I was in first grade...

I debated calling myself Uber_Mega_Nerd_Queen, but that was also too long.

I've really got into writing Nightie and other X-men fanfic... should be posting some soon.

Anyways, Hi. Glad to be here.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Wilkommen!

I love to read new fics (when I have time), so be advised taht it's not too late to enter this Summer's Challenge which, so far, has about *2* entries. You go, girl.

I don't do the RPG and am prolly waaaayyy too prudish for you, but who knows? You'll meet a lot of very interesting and friendly types here. Many of us write other fics and non-fanfic-related things as well.

I was always a big Spidey fan (old skule) but discovered X-men a couple of years ago and was entraced by the soft-skinned, brave-hearted, witty Elf. I did not find this site, alas!, until after Dave "The Creator" Cockrum had already passed away. But I enjoy the company and love to read what everyone writes. Hope you will too.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Heya hun!! Welcome to the nut house. ;) We've got a really wide variety of fans here, from newbies to die hard-life long to a few who aren't really at all... Which is where I say, that'd be me... LOL. I joined for the RPG we do here (sorry hun, gotta be 18...) and am a devoted fan to Remy (Gambit) and Rogue. I do like nightcrawler a lot, but I'm not an OMGIKNOWEVERYTHINGABOUTHIM type... I only know a few things... and knew even less before I came here. ;) Anyway, getting to the point, this is a great place to be. We're all very friendly and welcoming and are a pretty tight-knit community. Drop by chat sometime if you have any questions or just wanna talk. We typically have more than a few people in there and its usually the same ppl.

Esy
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Welcome! We are always very happy to see a new enthousiast arrive. There are all sorts of fans here- the real fanatics, and the slightly less so. Also, there are quite a few Trekkies.
We have a chat, and if you like that kind of thing come look us up there some time!
Cheerio! :wave
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Thanks!!! Like I said, I've been lurking as a non-member for a while, so I've seen how friendly you guys can be... I guess I wanted into that comradeship! And, of course, a chance to talk about my favorite superhero OF ALL TIME with people who love him like I do. Because while I do have another comic-lover to talk to... he's into Spidey where I'm an X-man gal.

Speaking of Gambit and Rogue-- best couple in all of X-Men history! Rogue and Kitty are constantly fighting for the place in my heart as #2 X-Men character.

I really, really want to get into some of the old issues with Nightcrawler... which is why I find the FAQ incredibly helpful!

It's great to be here!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Well I guess I'm old fashioned but I still like the old stuff best. The big fat cheap black-and-white paperbacks with all the great art by Cockrum and Byrne...Those were the days...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Welcome to the madhouse!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

LOL... it's not the first madhouse I've been a part of, believe me!

Old stuff... black and white by Cockrum and Byrn... lessee here....

My new enormous collection of comics (Titled Essential X-Men, Volume 4) has Uncanny X-Men #162-179 and Annual #6

Written and drawn by (drum roll please)

Chris Claremont
Paul Smith
Dave Cockrum
John Romita Jr.

All in b&w

:toothy

Hahaha... SOOO glad I got this book... it was L10 (about $20) but it was SOOOO work it.

(It's also got some GREAT comics... the whole deal with the Sleazoid Queen, where Nightcrawler admits that he is at least Christian, Binary, the X-Men meet the New X-Men, the nekkid hot tub thingie :tub Angel gets kidnapped by Morlocks, Ororo's transformation into mohawk gal, Scott meets Maddie Pryor, Rogue joins the X-Men, Mariko leaves Logan at the altar, Mastermind convinces the X-Men that maddie is jean and phoenix has returned, scott marries maddie, mystique and the brotherhood nearly kill colussus, nightie has issues with if mystique is possibly his mother, and kitty gets kidnapped by morlocks. Absolutely jam-packed full of INCREDIBLE stories.)

[Edited on 8/7/09 by Dedicatedfollower467]
~Def.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Hey! Welcome to the site :)

I'm the resident (and, apparently, only one in existance) Sabretooth fan who knows pretty much nothing about Nightcrawler but everything there is to know about Victor Creed :shifty Also one of the insane Brits you'll see hanging about and making a nuisence of himself. We're all a friendly bunch, as you've probably seen, all got our own things to bring to the mad picnic that is Nightscrawlers.

So yeah. Welcome, hope you have fun and decide to stay! :)
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Really? A Sabretooth fan? Those, from what I've seen, tend to be few and far between...

But then, I thought the same about Nightie, so don't take my word for it!!!

But if you know everything about Victor Creed... (Ideas begin to creep into fanfic head :idea)

Mind if I pick your brain about him sometime??? Fanfic, y'know. I don't know nearly enough about him to do him justice, but with a DEDICATED fan....

:D
~Def.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

*snicker* I totally read that "dedicated" as "decapitated"... and scummy knows where I'm going with this. *coughdeadcough*
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Hey, welcome. :)
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Welcome! We hope you enjoy yourself here, and please do drop by the chatroom some time. :D
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

WELCOME!!!!! :cracked :cracked :cracked

look! Sausage!
:sausage:sausage:sausage:sausage

[Edited on 7/8/09 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Look!!! Bananas!!!!

:banana:banana:banana

Lololol...

Chat is not usually a big thing for me. I tend to do forums where real time isn't necessary and I can leave the computer for an hour and a half and come back and nothing has changed!
~Def.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Welcome Dedicatedfollower467!!!

I guess I am one of those "die-hard life-long fans" Esynthia mentioned. Started reading comics at the ripe old age...I dunno....7 or 8 maybe. Been reading ever since and I'm now in my fifties. I think I am the oldest poster here, besides Paty Cockrum. I have been a Nightcrawler fan since 1975 and I have nearly every book he has been in for more than two panels.

Welcome to the kingdom of fuzzy elf fandom.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

When did we get dancing sausages?

Welcome, Dedicatedfollower!!!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Jeremus wrote:When did we get dancing sausages?
The dancing sausages have been dancing at least since I joined.
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

What's happening, hot stuff? :D

Anyway, welcome to the big wide world of this thing we do here! You can call me 'Tober, if you call me anything at all. I'm trying to figure out what I should call you for short. Any suggestions?
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I'm really enjoying the Claremont collection I have... a lot cooler than I had ever guessed!!! Much better than "Let's ogle Scott and Emma!"

Gees Louise... I never liked Emma. EVER. She needs to go back to being a bad guy. What is it with Scott and crazy telepaths?

Lol... Tober, I have NO IDEA what a good short for me would be. Elfdame tried "Deddie." I have no idea... but maybe DF?
~Def.
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

OH, what if it was Mos Def, like that one famous dude? Just Def, of course, unless you like the Mos part. Haha, what do you think? :LOL
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Hey, Def is cool. I can do Def.

LOL, I'll always end up spelling it "deg" though.

Thanks for the nickname, Tober! It's gonna be a lot easier than people writing "Dedicatedfollower467" all the time!

~Def.
~Def.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

and if you fall blindly in love someday, you'll be {prepare to groan} Def-blind.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

:LOL I think you may have made my day just now, Elfdame.
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

:rolleyes If you were looking for groans, Elfdame... you got 'em!!!

Haha... I've only been a member for two days and I'm all ready loving it!!!!

:cracked Heh heh... heh heh... heh...

What a wonderful madhouse!!! I didn't know everybody who liked Nightcrawler was stark raving bonkers!!!
~Def.