Thought I'd drop in and say hi

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Hey, I've just joined the forum like 5 minutes ago and I wanted to say hi to everyone.

About myself, I'm a fellow Nightcrawler fan from Mexico. Though Kurt is my fav X-man of all, I also like Scott, Logan, and Kitty. Other fandoms I can be found lurking around are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (fav turtles are Leo and Don), The Lion King, Harry Potter, LOTR, Cats the Musical (youtube videos more than stories), Bleach, and Disney stuff.

Aaand I think that's enough for now!
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Welcome!
Ninja turtles! awesome!!! You are a favorite!!!
Look!
:sausage SAUSAGE! :sausage :sausage :sausage
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Hey, welcome.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Hello! Do you write any fanfics? I am fond of Kitty as well. Hope you enjoy the forums etc. :)
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

hey! welcome to the crazy place!! :D
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Hey, I'm pretty new too!! Us newbies gotta stick together, ya know?

Welcome. You'll find the people here are super friendly... as a newbie, I've already found this out!!!

Glad to have you! Again, welcome!

Don't mind the insanity... It grows on you after awhile.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Bienvenidos!

What city in Mexico are you from, if I may ask?
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

It's nice to find a forum like this that is actually in use, you know? I've found so many abandoned sites...

Elfdame, I'm currently trying to write a few fics I've been working on for a few weeks now. I say 'trying' because the whole story is in my mind but I can't seem to be able to put it into words. *grumbles*

Angelique, I am from Mexico City. Biggest city in the world. ;)

[Edited on 7/8/09 by wizardelfgirl]
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Dang, I hate when that happenes. I sort of know the feeling; I've been stuck on the thirteenth chapter of a book I'm writing for about a year and a half. But whatever, it'll come to you. :D

Anyway, welcome down the rabbit hole. It's a strange sort of family/group/thing we've got going here, but I'm sure you'll have enough fun so long as the conversation keeps.

I have a certain, if not strange, need to know nicknames for the others on here (Dedicatedfollower467, aka Def, can vouch for me). You may call me Tober if you like, but what shall we call you? I have the strangest urge to call you Twitch. Don't ask why, I'm not sure myself :rolleyes. Do you have any preferances?
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Hello and welcome! :D
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Hey! Welcome to 'Scrawlers! Hope you enjoy the site - and the people ^^
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I know a lot of lovely people from Mexico City.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

Bienvenidos, Wizardelfgirl!
:D
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Well Hell Welcome
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Welcome wizardelfgirl! :bamf
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Tober, I'm usually simply called 'elfgirl' or even 'elf' in other places but 'Twitch' actually sounds nice, original and funny (even if I've no idea where that came from :LOL) so sure, why not, it'll be a nice change :D

Thanks again to all for the welcome to the forum. Due to work issues I can't log in as frequently as I wish, but I'll do my best to be around and participate. And if I ever manage to write those dang fics that are running around my mind I'll be sure to post them here too!
~Twitch~

OctoberHoliday
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by OctoberHoliday »

Well, I think I chose Twitch because a female wizard is a witch. It wouldn't be too polite to call you witch all the time, and would no doubt put a damper on some people's spirits, so I thought adding a 't' would be, well, nicer.

Of course, I'm unsure of your gender, so it may not even work as a nickname. :D
Let no one who loves be unhappy, even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~ J. M. Barrie
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Um, I did add the 'girl' to wizardelf to kinda make my gender known ;)

I dunno about the Witch thing, but I liked Twitch cuz it sounds mischievous, and since I am an elf, I think it suits me.
~Twitch~

Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

OctoberHoliday wrote:
because a female wizard is a witch
Wrong. There's quite a big line between a witch and a wizard.

Both can be either men or women.

Witch = More or less "real".

Wizard = In fantasy.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

1) Stop scaring the new girl.

2) You're actually wrong. Witches and Wizards are both equally "fantastical" and equally "real".

Be it Wizard, Warlock, Sorcerer, or Mage, they're all not exactly realistic (being magic is indisputably hard to "prove"), and wizards, it most novelized forms, or other works of fiction, are the male version of witches. In act, almost always this is the case.

See Sword in the Stone.
Harry Potter.
Once & Future King
The Winter King, Enemy of God, & Excalibur (Great trilogy btw)
Wizards of Waverly Place (Avoid this but it is still an example)
Hocus Pocus
Sabrina the Teenage Witch

also... Some wizards are real

Anyways, welcome W.E.G.! :sausage
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Ult_Sm86 wrote:1) Stop scaring the new girl.

2]
See Sword in the Stone.
Harry Potter.
Once & Future King
The Winter King, Enemy of God, & Excalibur (Great trilogy btw)
Wizards of Waverly Place (Avoid this but it is still an example)
Hocus Pocus
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
1) Scaring, I don't see how one get's scared of messages on a board, if one does. It's not my problem since there is nothing to be scared about there. Stop being a smartass.

2) All works of fiction, and indeed a wizard is more of fiction than a witch.

A witch might not really be a person of magic, but people have been killed for being witches for centuries.

Where as a wizard is nothing more than a magical person in mostly literature.

The original false comment: Witches are female.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Chill out, the both of you. Thank you.

And welcome! I've been to Mexico City - biiiig. :D
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Crocodile Hunter wrote:
OctoberHoliday wrote:
because a female wizard is a witch
Wrong. There's quite a big line between a witch and a wizard.

Both can be either men or women.

Witch = More or less "real".

Wizard = In fantasy.
I'm guessing you mean the use of "witch" as referring to those who practice Wicca?

But here, at least, we're talking about witch/wizard in the fantastic sense. My original nick, wizardelf, was in honour of a chara I played in D&D long ago when I played RPG. I used this for my livejournal. However, when I realized my gender would not be clear, and not wanting to need to tell everyone what I am over and over, I added the 'girl' part.

I admit, the idea of changing my nick to 'witchelf' or something like that never crossed my mind, and I'm glad because it doesn't sound as nice. Also, I've never seen female beings, humans or elves or what have you, being referred to as witches in fantasy novels (other than Harry Potter, and that's a different kind of fantasy). They're wizards or sorcerers or even sorceress... es? (I dunno the plural for that one LOL)

So I repeat: I'm going with the Twitch nickname cuz it sounds funny and mischievous and it fits.
~Twitch~

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

wizardelfgirl wrote:
I've never seen female beings, humans or elves or what have you, being referred to as witches in fantasy novels (other than Harry Potter, and that's a different kind of fantasy).
*chokes violently* Quickly, dear heart, run out and start reading some Discworld novels. Or start with The Wee Free Men. Oh, do!!!

It's a "different kind of fantasy" indeed. :shifty
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Discworld?? That's written by Terry Pratchett, right?

LOVE THOSE BOOKS!! FRIGGIN' HILARIOUS!! 'Course, I've only read one...

Twitch, you have gotta go check these out if you're at all into fantasy. Much, MUCH better than Harry Potter... the one I read "Interesting Times" was one of the best, funniest books I've ever read!

Gotta go find more of those... *snoops around bookshop looking for Discworld novels...*
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.