Your shoes indoors policy?

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

If you're not wearing your shoes in my house I'm going to wear them while I put one up your butt.
Mud? Fine. As long as I don't have to smell those corn chip socks of yours.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:If you're not wearing your shoes in my house I'm going to wear them while I put one up your butt.
Is that specifically to me or a generalization? Cuz my socks smell like roses :P
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

Yes, that's funny. My feet have never smelled either. In fact I don't have and never had nail fungus, athlete's foot, calusses, burning, corns, flat feet, bunions, hammer toes...and I blame this on not wearing shoes whenever possible.

...But I'll keep my big muddy doc martens on if I ever have the pleasure of visiting your place of course;)
Seriously. There is no excuse for rudeness and a guest should always honour the wishes of the owner of the house. The fun thing was, my parents visited me this weekend and I welcomed them with my best clothes on, tights, and high-heeled pumps on my feet. Being dressed rudely improperly without shoes is so deeply ingrained in our culture the thought of sticking to my normal everyday routine never even occurred to me.:toothy
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

In my house, I don't wear shoes. I don't really care what anyone else decides (though I do have a thing about strangers seeing my feet) but if you wanna wear shoes, fine. I just feel odd if I do because I've got into the habit of taking them off.

As for smelly feet, I don't have them. My docs reckon my feet are as good as they are because I don't wear shoes if I can help it. I can't be on my feet in shoes for long anyway because it starts to really hurt. I guess the non-smelly is helped by the fact when I do wear shoes, they tend to be boots.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:If you're not wearing your shoes in my house I'm going to wear them while I put one up your butt.
If someone wouldn't be wearing shoes in your house, which means they wouldn't probably wear them anywhere else either.

I think their feet wouldn't smell anywhere as bad as yours.

Do... You usually wear socks for more than a day or two at a time?

Where did this "people who don't wear shoes indoors have smelly feet" thing come from anyway?

[Edited on 21/10/2009 by Crocodile Hunter]
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Crocodile Hunter wrote:
If someone wouldn't be wearing shoes in your house, which means they wouldn't probably wear them anywhere else either.

I think their feet wouldn't smell anywhere as bad as yours.

Do... You usually wear socks for more than a day or two at a time?

Where did this "people who don't wear shoes indoors have smelly feet" thing come from anyway?

[Edited on 21/10/2009 by Crocodile Hunter]
No one has said people who don't wear shoes indors have smelly feet. We're making fun of the stereotype you tend to see in movies and cartoons that when you take your shoes off your socks smell like bad cheese.

Or at least I am making fun of that, and assuming the rest are too.

One thing I don't get: many have said they don't war shoes in their house, but is it just because they're comfortable that way or is it a general thing in their countries/areas? Because hey, I don't usually wear shoes in my house either (do slippers count as shoes? I can't be barefoot cuz 1. the floor is cold and 2. spiders and crickets tend to get in the house and... you know...), but if someone comes to visit, and I'm not too close to that person, I'll put my shoes on cuz it's not polite to not use them.
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

I think it's a Western thing (not American Western, but like West vs. East). Like hats.....in the West, like in a church, you take off your hat to show respect, but in synagogues you wear a headcovering to show respect. In the Bible, Moses was told to take off his shoes on holy ground. I think Muslims take their shoes off before going into the mosque, but most churches I know would think it disrespectful to go barefoot in church. So westerners show respect by taking off their hats and leaving on their shoes....and easterners show respect by taking off their shoes and leaving on their hats. lol
So, IMHO I think it's ancient customs that trickled down into our cultures and some cultures are more strict about it than others. In the west I think we still think of it as respectful to put our shoes on when meeting new people or having guests over.....but that's very general and it's come down to a modern day personal preference.

(...and I could be completely wrong.:D)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

15 More Images You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped is a great list with a few good examples of some natural wonders.

The other two "15 Things..." Before it were also pretty conducive to this thread, however I can't really find them so, that's that.

Scratch that, found one!

17 More Images You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped!

[Edited on 24/10/09 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

i dont waer shoes indoors, cause its just rude and gets the germs for outside indoors! thats why you waer shoes, so your feet dont get cute or filthy, i dont waer the in are yard though still, speacaly if you have babies that lay on the floor! i am not asian and i dont have a new carpet or coach
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

<-doesn't wear shoes inside or out unless I have too
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)