Anyone attempting NaNoWriMo 2010?

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

gammy-the-slug is, Lord willing, gonna be back in action.

I kinda got volunteered as a City Liaison since we had no Municipal Liaison the last couple yrs and I organized a few write-ins, encouraged locals on our Regional Forum, etc.

Am clueless as to what to write; started a thread called "Yet another 'Pick My Novel Idea For Me' post :-)" and am leaning toward a humorous novel about a girl who comes to a small tourist town and gradually finds out that most of the citizens are running one sort of scam or another. I still have a couple weeks to dream up scenarios and plot it out -- might be fun.

So ... any other Scrawlers gonna try? I figure, 'tis better to start and fail than to never have started at all. Even if you get into it and something arrests your ability to churn out the words, you'll have done more writing and self-discovery than if you hadn't attempted it. If you are unfamiliar with it, here's a link to National Novel Writing Month. Any questions or doubts, U2U me here at Scrawlers.

If a few of you are going to do it, I can start a "NightScrawlers" thread in Forums>Groups>Writing Groups & Clubs. Let me know if you'd like that, or if s/o else has started one.

PS - they allow FANFICTION now. *not so subtle wink*

[Edited on 9/10/10 by Elfdame]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Will attempt this year and this time I won't be near as distracted. I'm just not sure as to which idea I will be going with at this point.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Okay I think I'm gonna try it again this year. I got distracted last year ><

So assuming I can remember my login details I'll be there :)
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I had several ideas but even as I was cooking today, rememberd a short story I've tried to write several times without success. Maybe it's crying to be a novel.

But I'll prolly stick with the silly scam one. More fun = more inspiration.

Sorry to keep editing, but at my age (early 50's, younger than neling but waaay older than Angelique, haha) one's mind tends to wander a bit.

Here's the new topic in the Groups section.

[Edited on 9/10/10 by Elfdame]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I notice that Scummy far surpassed most average word counts. Hooray!

Finally hit 50K tho the novel is more or less patchwork. I didn't even need another fantasy about Will Smith to make the word count, either!

Dedicatedfollower is hot on my tracks. Svartfreja, too. Wow, you guys know how to get it done! :dance

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

Ha! I made it!
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.