My Crazy Neighbor

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

My Crazy Neighbor

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

So, I've been convinced by those in chat that I should just start a thread about the insane creepiness of my parents' neighbor. Seeing as I don't live there, she's technically not my neighbor, but she used to be. Anyway, I guess it started when she moved in next door. Being generally decent people, we assumed it was nice and normal to befriend your neighbor.

We were apparently very wrong because she's seemed to develop an obsession with my father, which came to the point where she couldn't resist being just a stalker anymore.

The condensed version of this story is that she tried to molest my dad while my mom, brother, and I were at my boyfriend's birthday party. The next week, she broke into my parents house by pounding on the door until the deadbolt unlatched, picking the knob lock, and proceeding to lock the door behind her. She talked to our dog, got herself ice for her water, used the bathroom, and passed out in my brother's bed where the police found her. She was taken away by paramedics, and my parents didn't press charges.

Then, I'll let the notes we received in the following weeks speak for themselves...
Terry - I'm sad and hurt you did not tell the truth. I see you are playing the good guy. Did you not tell Lee (a sweetie) how you really saw what was reserved for my NEW husband ONLY? Please talk with me, or I'll tell Lee the truth. I took ALL the SHAME, because one NEVER hurts people they love! I love BOTH of you!

*Payment will come when judge nails Eric! I love you and Lee and would never hurt you!
Terrry is my dad. Lee is my mom. Eric is her ex-husband who left one day and never came back.
Terry - I'm NOT intoxicated! It's OKAY. I could NEVER hurt you, as you've hurt me. We both know the TRUTH about tattoo #3. You've been so... good to me. I could NEVER hurt you!! Please don't call the police on me! You lead me to believe I could TRUST you; no MATTER the CIRCUMSTANCE!!! I'm so NAIVE!!! Too protected all my life! My 5 brothers! I've lost my friend.
Tattoo #3 being a tramp stamp of flowers that my dad would have no interest in because... Well, for one, he hates tattoos (found that out after I got mine). Two, he's married to my mom. Three... Did I forget to mention that the neighbor is, like, old and almost 60?
GUILTY! Okay. Please stop scaring me. I want to come home!! ...to stay. My dog was a gift to help me come outside without needing TERRY! Lee, I do NEED TERRY TO WTCH AND HELP ME. He has been my ONLY friend. (7/20/11)
Lee, I told the TRUTH! (7/28/11)
Brittany - Phone out ever since I got dish. :) Call Mr. Tyrone for me... Tell him pie is ready at 2:00. Love you girl!! 656-9927, $12.50 - apple. (7/30/11 @ 1:40)
Brittany and Matt - Check with LEE first. I do NOTHING if she does NOT approve. (7/30/11)
By the way... Those last two? Yeah, she left them in my dad's truck. And, she totally dates the notes herself.
No DISRESPECT to WIFE. Terry has ALWAYS tried to help me... I love him for that. He NEVER JUDGES me. I love and will miss you Terry. Terry... ALWAYS!!! Lee, read too! I told my brothers I'll leave this place!! While Indy! Also, Terry realizes I'm 59 and need help. He DOES NOT MAKE FUN OF ME. Terry, THANK YOU! Lee, I DO NOT think money is everything... But it sure helps. I want my brothers; I will ignore Terry as you wish and my brothers. This is where I'll love in CA. Judge David S. Milton. [picture of her and her brother was attached] Lee, your wish is coming true! I'll love him until I die... Your wish! He is DIFFERENT! NEVER has YOUR BEAUTIFUL Terry refused me. He is smart and understands I NEED to try a black man. I love you, Terry, because you understand drugs, therapy, California, drink, and being alone... DO NOT mix. You NEVER judge me. SWEET Terry, I love a man who helps me, so I will not make a fool of myself if Terry is a "censored slur" hater (biracial Mexican/"censored slur" kids! Me!) NEXT Lee!! Get over it! I want to be poor and ME!!! It is not about money... I owe Terry!! Money is "NOTHING" without a man who really likes you... BLACK-MEXICAN and all! Thanks, Terry. Terry, CA is a place only... (8/2/11)
We're apparently racists for calling the cops on her for breaking into our house.

Anyway, enjoy the crazy! :cracked And, I'm sorry that it's a really long post.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

My Crazy Neighbor

Post by Ferguson »

Tears, your parents' neighbour is my favourite forever, especially for that last note which...I'm not even certain if I'm tracking properly when I read it.

So has she put on her Christmas lights recently and did the slow driveby?
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My Crazy Neighbor

Not that I know of, though I haven't been over there recently. It's generally a place to avoid now. My mom's said she's not been up to much lately, so she's done or plotting. :shifty

There's also voicemails I need to get, so I can share.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

My Crazy Neighbor

Post by steyn »

Oh the pure craziness drips down from her notes like gravy.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

My Crazy Neighbor

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It's drenched in crazy.

The soaked, damp, drenched craziness leaves my eyes moist with tears. Tears of anguish for my fellow man, to allow someone to turn that crazy and never have tried once to keep that person under surveillance, not for the safety of others even, but for her own safety.

I lie.
The're tears of laughter. I can't breathe. This is the crackiest, craziest, most nutter-est shit I've ever had the (dis?)pleasure of reading in ... possibly ever.

This is what gets me through the rest of the day.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My Crazy Neighbor

Post by Angelique »

I can't diagnose, but this raises all my "behavioral emergency" red flags. Next time she acts up, your parents should get the cops and paramedics at the same time. I repeat, next time she acts up (because unless she's finally getting treatment that works, there will be a next time) have your parents request both the cops and paramedics. Don't report her as just a stalker or burglar, but as a stalker/burglar with a known mental health history who is experiencing a behavioral emergency and is frightening or possibly endangering others. The police by themselves aren't always well equipped to handle behavioral health emergencies and too often assume that someone having a psychotic break, a diabetic emergency, a neurological incident, a bad drug reaction, or any other condition that can alter mental status is an ordinary criminal of generally sound mind and body. On the flip side, EMS is well trained on treating behavioral and behavioral/medical emergencies, but will need police help in keeping everyone safe. Also, she legally doesn't have the right to refuse treatment if she's mentally incompetent.

[Edited on 8/9/2011 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

My Crazy Neighbor

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

This is scary crazy. Sincerely scary crazy. She is clearly mentally unstable, and her obsession with your family may seem to be just a "kooky crazy woman" but it could quickly escalate to a dangerous place. I wouldn't hesitate to turn all this over to the police and let them take care of her.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My Crazy Neighbor

Yeah, we have everything in a file and all the voicemails recorded for the police if anything else is to happen, which we don't think it will at this point.

The scariest thing about is that she comes off as being just crazy and quirky, but it's more like everything is calculated with some of the things she's said.

She most likely is moving to California soon and hopefully her brothers will get her help, as they know she has issues.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

My Crazy Neighbor

Post by littlebamf »

Well even if nothing else happens, this sounds serious enough to get someone involved. And as the saying goes 'there's a method to the madness' and like all the best sayings, that has to come from somewhere. Don't assume she'll be moving either as if she is unstable, then she might not end up doing that anyway. Trust me, I've got crazy neighbours and all sorts of stuff has meant to have happened with them to improve the situation and never has. I'm just glad the daughter isnt running into the traffic anymore...
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

My Crazy Neighbor

Oh, we assumed she wouldn't be moving. We think she might actually be now as she's had a new guy over and has appeared to be packing. Though, who knows.

Running out in traffic sounds like all sorts of fun to deal with... ><
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

My Crazy Neighbor

Post by littlebamf »

Yeah.I had to ring the emergency services a few times as the siblings just were sitting watching her do it. One time she had crawled out of the bedroom window on to the porch roof and she got shut out there...

Worst day was when three fire engines, two ambulances and about seven police cars/vans turned up one morning. Waking up to see that outside your house is scary, even after you realise they're not attending your own home.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

My Crazy Neighbor

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

littlebamf wrote:Trust me, I've got crazy neighbours and all sorts of stuff has meant to have happened with them to improve the situation and never has.
Strange how that works.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Indigo_Lady
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

My Crazy Neighbor

Post by Indigo_Lady »

I hope this woman's family gets her the help she desperately needs. I really sympathize with you. One of my husband's sisters is schizophrenic, but it took until she was almost thirty for the family to finally admit it. We've been dealing with her fantasies and occasional violence for years. Hubby and I were really scared of her. Once we had kids, we sort of kept away from her for their safety. People like this live in their own world and you can't believe a thing they tell you. My sister-in-law now lives in a nursing home where they make her take meds that calm her down, but she still isn't rational. It's sad to say, but in some states people like this have to actually do something to hurt someone before they get help, unless their families have enough money. Just be really careful with her.
Always a Queen of Narnia

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. G.K. Chesterton

Favorite X-Men: :engarde :storm :colossus :nocturne :gambit :rogue :hank :psylocke