Random Acts of Kindness

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Random Acts of Kindness

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I know many of you have heard me yodel on about this, but it's always cool to see and do these small acts of kindness and I think it also inspires everyone to do these small things. So maybe it'd be cool if people are into it to post some of the things they do here. I know a lot of us do things like donate to charities regularly, but this is more the small things that we do out of the blue.

For example I offered a lady who I bumped into in an elevator a ride the other day because she couldn't walk far due to a foot injury. It made both of us feel great and it wasn't much out of my way.

There are so many ways to connect to people in these small ways that will give you just as much as you give them. You could put a post it note with a jaunty greeting onto a strangers windshield, help a person with their groceries, give someone needy a coffee...

So...anyone into it?
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Random Acts of Kindness

Post by Angelique »

Can I mention stuff other people have done- small things that made a big difference? A young drowning victim had, upon her recovery, decided to write a thank you letter to the volunteers who rescued her, one of whom is a good friend of mine who was at a crossroads in his life. He was in a position in which he had to choose between a well-paying job he liked, or a much more stressful and lower-paying job that he nonetheless suspected he might love. That card ended up being the deciding factor, and as a result, one of our best volunteers now gets to do firefighting and EMS full time.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Random Acts of Kindness

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

This is an op-ed article Allison Palombo wrote for my student newspaper, the Unfiltered Lens about the very subject.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Random Acts of Kindness

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Heck, I think anything like this is great to mention Ange - it's amazing sometimes what things come in play together to make a difference. And when you're looking for these things more, it just opens you up for more positive stuff in your life and to be a positive difference in others.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.