All-American Passtime: Baseball

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

All-American Passtime: Baseball

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I finally got sick of being the guy at the party/social gather who only had so many things to talk about.

Movies, comics, general geek stuff. My friends and family go to me for the release dates and cast of upcoming movies, questions about why Spider-Man is "black", and everyone goes to me to ask about what shows are coming back when. Pop culture, that's my bag. (Baby).

But I realized that all my friends and family talk about one other thing: sports.

I know enough about them to usually skate by. My family is very athletic, my sister and brother both earning large scholarships for their favorite sports. My uncles and aunts and cousins are all hardcore Red Sox fans (they fight about being Patriots fans and being just general "American Football fans"), and my brother and everyone I know loves the Celtics and Bruins and to love anyone else is basically slanderous.

(Though Tom has spent so much time in Arizona he has become a Phoenix Suns and Arizona Diamondbacks fan).

So I chose to follow some Baseball teams this year. Two of them, specifically, and keep up with a few others.

I chose based on some very important features that I was looking for from each team.

First, the logo had to be cool. Or at least novelty. Not so novelty it was corny, but interesting.

Secondly, I had to be able to memorize at least 4 of the team members' names. I'm already on memorizing member 8 of each of the two teams I chose.

So, based on these important things I chose my teams as such:
Boston Red Sox (family reasons, can't go to a party without know how they're doing. They're tanking btw.)
and Miami Marlins. They used to be the Florida Marlins, but the team was moved, redesigned, new players, new stadium, new logos, new uniforms.

New Stadium: Image

New Logo: Image

New Stadium from the inside: Image

(this stadium is supposed to get them money but ... let's see)
This was a break out season for them. This is their first season and we get to see what all that money/effort did for this team. So far, not a lot, but it's only May. Until August most times there's no real need to worry. (Unless you're a Cubs fan).

Anywho, I follow these teams on this site MLB Live Updated Scoreboard as well as watch parts of a few games, when I can catch them.

Anyone else enjoy Baseball?