What if Kurt was at the WTC on 9/11?

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
desaa
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by desaa »

I wonder what Kurt would do if he saw the plane coming toward the Trade Centers....Maybe he'd bamf into the plane and fly it away.... What do u think:?
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Post by rockstar »

it depends on how much time he had.
i think he'd bamf into the plane (while praying) and bamf the hijackers out. that would've been nice....
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

The plane would already be on a crash course. Bamfin' de 'jackers out wouldn't help. He'd probably bamf as many innocent people out as possible.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
desaa
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by desaa »

True True but what if he had a premonition *cue x files theme* :idea
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Unfortunately, Kurt isn't the precognitive type. I think where he would have been the most useful would have been porting past those two or three flaming stories on each floor. The vast majority of the civillians who died were those trapped above the "flame level" of the crashed jet, cut off from any avenue of escape.

He might have been able to save five or ten more people before he collapsed. Which would have been heroic, and fantastic, but not enough to "turn the tide". :(
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
desaa
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by desaa »

Damn! Still woulda been cool though!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I agree. I would have been way cool, and we can use all the living heroes we can get. There were far too many brave souls who made the supreme sacrifice that day. :cry
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
crow
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by crow »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
I agree. I would have been way cool, and we can use all the living heroes we can get. There were far too many brave souls who made the supreme sacrifice that day. :cry
I agree also........*begins to weep just a little*.........This subject always tends to give me a few tears....
If Kurt had been there....He would have prolly been 'porting in so many different directions saving as many as he could.
~CROW~
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by jogurt »

unfortunly was 9/11 real. Kurt isn`t .
So i think on the real heroes like Maelstrom. They did the best they could do.
And we should be thankful they risk their own life and did so much without haveng superpowers.
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Yes i agree with them, unfortunally superheroes aren't real...who wouldn't like to have Superman to save us everytime something like this comes? spiderman or the X-men?

But we have real heroes!, like those who gave their lives for the people trapped inside the towers, they did the ultimate sacrifice, i respect them very much and they have a place in my heart.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I am trying to stay away from all 9/11 centered threads, but i have to share this story now that this was brought up.

I used to babysit for a couple. The husband died in tower 2. And I remember the most heartrenching thing I had ever been through was when the wife asked me to sit while she went into the city in hopes of finding her husband alive. As she was walking out the door, her four year old son walked up to her and asked "Why couldn't Superman save the people?" I could tell the woman had a VERY hard time answering this, but she told him: "Superman lives in a far away city, and he couldn't get there in time." And she gave him and her other two children a kiss and left. The boy then looked at me and said "If Superman had been there, I could have met my Dad." It was absolutely awful, because I could tell that the kid really didn't know what was going on.

It really was a TERRIBLE day, and I know alot of people who lost someone, and alot of really heartwrenching stories about that. These comic superheros aren't real. It's nice to think about what they would have/could have done, but it's a futile thought. There were over 300 real heros who lost thier lives that day, and even more who helped in the aftermath. That's who we should be thinking of.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Oh Lisa that's really sad, in fact it made me cry, *hugs* i bet it was really hard for you to witness something like this that day.
:cry
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

NachtcGleiskette, that story is heart breaking.

God, days like that made you appriciate ordinary people so much more.

Sorry to go off topic, but there was a comic mini series called The Call, written by Chuck Austen. Was it written in response to 9/11? I'm actually do a project on superheros in comics and what they represent, and I'de like to do some research on The Call...
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
crow
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by crow »

I have a cousin that works for the Penatgon & his office was among those that were blown up. He had left the building only 5 or 10 minutes before it was hit. & We didn't know where he was of if he was alive or dead. We found him about 3 hours later. HE ended up being safe on the other side of town some how. So I am thankful for him being alive.
I know that Night Crawler isn't real.... But who knows.....maybe his comicbook self was one of those real hero's Hero as a child, when they were llittle........:)
~CROW~
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

ok, guys. as has been eloquently been illustrated by Nacht, what happened that day was REAL LIFE. many people lost thier loved ones that day, and frankly, talking about superheroes in that situation is distasteful. lets please try to respect the feelings of those that were directly affected by this and not cheapen it with talk like this, ok?

Vee_EmmCee - it was. sorta. after seeing the heroism of the police, firemen etc then, Joe Quesada wanted a series to show how people in those professions would fuction in a world populated by superheroes. what would thier roll be? how would they deal with a threat that would normally be handled by the world's super-beings? and it grew from that. when it turned from CoD miniseries' into The Call, it became a series to explore how ordinary people woud deal if suddenly granted powers that are more a curse than a blessing. unfortunately the series was seriously shortened and much of that exploration could never make it to the printed page. there should be some interviews scattered around the net about it....