Things that tick you off

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Things that tick you off

Post by SheCat »

Okay, here we go. A constant complain fest. If you're going to write a rant, give an explanation please.

Things that tick me off -
People spelling Rogue's name Rouge. Rouge is a color, godd***it! A rogue is a rebel, rouge is French for red!

People talking too loud in theatres. I know I'm not perfect, but do you have to scream EVERY single frikken' time the bad guy comes on? Please, people, that was fun in third grade. Not now.

People sniffling all the time when they're not sick. People, we don't need your stupid sound making our heads bleed all the time!

Whiny people who complain that they don't have the money to donate a can of tuna to charity but own a Beamer and a Jaguar. 'Nuff said.

Dumb pet-peeve lists like this. I can't believe I'm actually posting this.

What about you?
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by lonewolf »

Home work
School
Annoying people
Football hooligance (That's english football and hooligans are thugs basically)
Maths
Physics
Bad Movies
Eggs
Mushrooms
Trust me people the list does go on.

I agree with she-cat iIT IS SPELT ROGUE DAMNIT
Today i didn't fell like crying because i realised that life is just to short.

People got killed. Bad things happened. But at the end of the day, life was only another ride, like it or not, I'd been given a ticket, so what else could I do but hang on and enjoy it and save the tears for when it was time to get off.

Both quotes from 'Sex and the City'.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Things that tick you off

Post by SheCat »

People who don't list reason after being specifically told to...just kidding lonewolf.

People who say "Oh, you just want your cake and eat it too." What the f*** does that mean? What's the point of a godd***ed cake you can't eat? What, should I eat someone elses cake?

People who complain about gay people. God, you guys, I thought that America was a tolerant place! So what if their a bit different! They're people too, and usually a whole h***uva lot nicer than you idiots complaining!

Child molesters. Ugh. Sorry, that is so wrong on so many levels.

People who cuss consistently every other word. I know a few at school who e-mail me with their S*** and F*** all the time. Use symbols (&#$@) or asterisks (***) dangit! If you must make the point known use the first letter only, D***it!

Uhhhh, yeah...and I hate insomnia too...........
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Things that tick you off

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i HATE it when people talk during a movie- it happened when i went to see X2- there were some STUPID people who ALWAYS had a little comment- ohhhh theres shadowcat ohhhh its collossus, its syren- look its PHOENIX!-remember the Bobby's mom's line "could"nt you just stop being a mutant" & some jacka$$ yells "can you stop being a woman," also the scence where mystique puts the pills in the guards drink- some genius yells "its mystique"- no, really- just SHUT UP some of us are trying to watch the f@#%$ movie i didnt pay 10 bucks to listen to shouting at the screen
another thing that bugs me is- when people talk on their cells phones during movies & in restraunts- (another X2 story)-when i went to see it i had the misfortune of setting in back of some stupid, teenagers (they looked about 13 or 14- all they did the entire movie was TALK on those DUMD CELLS PHONES THE WHOLE TIME-
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by lonewolf »

The cake shecat that cracked me up lol. That is how you spell Rogue isn't it? lol

People got killed. Bad things happened. But at the end of the day, life was only another ride, like it or not, I'd been given a ticket, so what else could I do but hang on and enjoy it and save the tears for when it was time to get off.

Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Things that tick you off

Post by Maelstrom »

Cell phones + movie = complete and utter jerk. I once went to see Scorpion King, way after it was released. No crowds: there was just me, my husband, and two other people in the entire frikkin' theater. And what happens ten minutes in? THE IDIOT BEHIND ME GETS A CALL ON HER CELL PHONE AND STARTS TALKING FOR FIVE MINUTES! I don't mind so much in restaurants, because everyone talks there, but MOVIE THEATRES ARE FORBIDDEN! FORBIDDEN! DO YOU HEAR ME!?

**dodges a tranquillizer dart**

I also hate to see people on their phones when they're driving. I know, stats say it's just as dangerous to eat and drive, and most of us do that at one point or another. But think about it. People who eat in the car might do that for one minute, two tops. And they'll do it once. People who own cell phones do so because they use them a lot, and so many of these dummies who talk while they're drive talk all the time while they're driving. Considering the fact that I ride a motorcycle, I give phone yakkers a wiiide berth....

Number three: fundamentalist "Christian" dipsticks who stand on the street corner, screaming that God hates everyone but them, and that we'd better shape up or go the way of Sodom. (Are we both reading the same Bible, buddy?? :?) Way to go, buddy: give God, Christianity, and religion in general a bad name. Nothing like scaring people away from Jesus to make your point, right? :mad
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Things that tick you off

Post by SheCat »

I got this one off a website, but it fits. I hate this:

People who point to their wrist to ask the time. I know where MY watch is, where the h*** is yours? Do I point to my crotch to ask where the bathroom is?

When internet servers shut down. Period. I hate it.

When characters in books are almost dead and miraculously live. God, how unimaginative are the writers? I only liked this scene once, and that was X-Treme X-Men (because if they killed off Remy I would have commited homicide).
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by sapphirescimitar »

*No where to go and you have a motorcycle.
*Somewhere to go and you don't have a motorcycle.
*The short life span of a mouse.
*The loss of your childhood stuffed animal, Brian.
*The fact that you got over the last thing years ago.
Cocnuts.
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Things that tick you off

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by Dark Rose Siren
another thing that bugs me is- when people talk on their cells phones during movies & in restraunts- (another X2 story)-when i went to see it i had the misfortune of setting in back of some stupid, teenagers (they looked about 13 or 14- all they did the entire movie was TALK on those DUMD CELLS PHONES THE WHOLE TIME-
...At the theatre I go to, there's a message on the screen (several times) before it starts, saying to please shut off all the pagers/cellphones, etc.

Okay... Rant time.

I really hate the ditzy girls and the showing-off boys in my class; they never work in the work periods, they always yak to each other, all class, stopping all of the hard-working people who just don't want to bring any work home (ie me and my friends) from concentrating! :X

...And there's this new girl in my sister's class (me'n Danfred are twins, but in seperate classes), and she's suddenly barged her way into our group of friends. She moved here just this summer, and I've tried to give her a fair chance, but... Well...She sits with us at lunch (my friends and Danfred's friends know each other, so we all hang out together), and she interupts all of our conversations, saying about how her old friends have 'abandoned' her because they haven't sent any letters, or e-mailed her, or anything (gee, I wonder why?!), and she's never serious, always talking in this high, baby voice, and she has no shared interests with us; she doesn't like to read, she doesn't like LOTR, X2 or LXG, or any of the other movies or books we're all into... :X I mean, I could overlook it, if she actually made an effort to be nice and look at the stuff we do, but... *sighs* And on Friday, it was Pizza Day, right? I brought my pizza slice to the table, and I'd been standing in line for like, fifteen minutes, right? I was so hungry, and she sticks out her arms, and says, "Ooh, pizza! Give me a bite!"

...Needless to say, I didn't. She came to the bottle drive for the school, late, and me'n Danfred had already gone on one run with another one of our friends, and she just plopped herself down in the van for the second trip, without even asking if she could come with us! And she didn't do too many houses, and got less than half bottles we each got....*sighs* Sorry, it's just the little things...
/ERROR 406: file corrupt:Earth.config/reboot:universe? (Y/N)

:poke

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Things that tick you off

Post by Beboots »

Hmm...Okay, and you know the sequel to the movie, Lilo & Stitch? The first was wonderfull! Sure, it was a kid's movie, but it had adult interest...The second, well, for lack of a better word (it doesn't deserve better words! :mad), sucked. If you want to know all of what I thought of 'Stitch: The Movie' (I wrote a whole author's rant in one of my fics), click here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?stor ... &chapter=6

[shameless advertising]Oh, and while you're there, you could read some of my fics, if you want. :P [/shameless advertising]

Snape: Nonsense, Harry...I harbor no ill will towards any of my students, you accursed little worm.
Tergon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by Tergon »

Swiss cheese. You buy a chunk of swiss cheese, and it's full of holes. Why the hell would I want to pay for holes in my cheese?

'Cat' people. I prefer dogs. Now, I can appreciate it when a family has a pet cat, but I draw the line at those old ladies who have two dozen cats and spend all their money on pet care.

Angry old people at work. I work part-time at the local supermarket, and for some reason whenever old people can't find some ridiculous specific product, they take it as a personal slight and give me a ten-minute lecture. It's NOT my fault, and I DO have work to do, ya know?

People who bring screaming kids into movies. 'Nuff said.

The voices in my head.

Getting a stone in my shoe.

Every second Tuesday. Don't ask me why, I just don't like it.
"All empires fall. You just have to know where to push."
- Jebediah Radec
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Things that tick you off

Post by SheCat »

Another annoying thing is when I'm in drama, people who talk while we're putting on a show. It's really rude, especially considering most of them are related to someone in the cast. Or they bring little kids and don't even try to control them. In the Importance of Being Earnest play we had three triplets who ran around ON STAGE while we were performing. We're not a daycare, people! We slaved for 2 months over learning these lines, this blocking, and you let those little hooligans go wild?

Also, Mondays and Tuesdays. They seem pointless. So does Wednesday. A perfect week would be Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Things that tick you off

Post by Beboots »

Originally posted by SheCat
Also, Mondays and Tuesdays. They seem pointless. So does Wednesday. A perfect week would be Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Hear, hear! :rolleyes *runs out to burn some calendars*

malicous_monk_muppet
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by malicous_monk_muppet »

Ok here is my main pet peeve. Stop talking 1337 and comp speak in real life danmit! If i hear one more teh pwn, gg, fgt, negative ghostrider, teh suk, gee fgt k thx, or any more of that im gonna kill someone!
Yes, i know malicious is spelled with another I. It is my protest agaisn't my smarter half. Him with all his knowing and stuff. Wow...shiny....
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Things that tick you off

Post by hilowey »

Things that tick me off?...do you have time?

I hate when people go to amusement parks and don't ride the rides.

I hate when people think my name is Hilorey and that I'm 9...*glares at Stevie*

I hate terrorists, racist, sexists, Bush, bad people, anything having to do with tomatos, people who think Nightcrawler or Xmen is stupid...

I HATE when people only talk in stupid baby voices (this girl does this ALL THE TIME and it drives everyone nuts! and nobody says anything....) I hate when people think being gay or bi is wrong. I have a friend who is bi and shes afraid to tell people...not that I blame her.

I could go on, but I think you get the point...grr:mad
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
malicous_monk_muppet
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by malicous_monk_muppet »

Let's just say anyone who isn't me. yeah they piss me off. but eh i like you all so i shall kill you last. :D

*turns on his doomsday toaster* oh crap! well you're dead when i get cream cheese. Man...i gotta lay off the paint chips eh?
Yes, i know malicious is spelled with another I. It is my protest agaisn't my smarter half. Him with all his knowing and stuff. Wow...shiny....
Ladyhawke
Lubber
Lubber

Things that tick you off

Post by Ladyhawke »

Originally posted by SheCat
Another annoying thing is when I'm in drama, people who talk while we're putting on a show. It's really rude, especially considering most of them are related to someone in the cast. Or they bring little kids and don't even try to control them. In the Importance of Being Earnest play we had three triplets who ran around ON STAGE while we were performing. We're not a daycare, people! We slaved for 2 months over learning these lines, this blocking, and you let those little hooligans go wild?
Amen to that! My friends and sister were doing the play Six Character's in Search of an Author, which you have to listen to to get. It was the LAST PLAY some of these guys were going to be doing at my university! The football team turned up drunk off their *A****! They hollered at the actors, spoke out of turn, loudly cat-called some of the actresses, laughed when the character's kill others, or themselves, and wouldn't let others listen. And no one did anything about it! *Although the whole theatre, and most of the academic groups, were royally mad about it.
"I wish upon tonight to see you smile if only for awhile to know your there."

"I believe that angel's breath"
"Faith is believing all power can't be seen."

Frodo, Kurt and Pippin are MINE!!!
Tergon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by Tergon »

I think I have the winner:
Having a really, really nasty itch in a socially inappropriate spot (crotch, butt, inside of nose, etc) and being in a public place, unable to leave for some reason, and therefore unable to scratch. You also can't concentrate on whatever is going on around you, because the damn itch is so distracting.
I honestly can't think of anything more annoying than this...
"All empires fall. You just have to know where to push."
- Jebediah Radec
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Things that tick you off

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Tergon
I think I have the winner:
Having a really, really nasty itch in a socially inappropriate spot (crotch, butt, inside of nose, etc) and being in a public place, unable to leave for some reason, and therefore unable to scratch. You also can't concentrate on whatever is going on around you, because the damn itch is so distracting.
I honestly can't think of anything more annoying than this...
Ooooh, yeah; I can agree with that. It happens to me enough. Even worse, it happens when I'm riding my motorcycle. :shocked

I can think of something just as annoying, though, because it lasts longer and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. I used to camp a lot, especially backpacking and summer camp (during my grade school and high school years). In summer, while we're out there, the mosquitos come out. You can keep them from biting you with something like "OFF", but they keep hovering nearby with that annoying high-pitched whine. And when you curl up in your sleeping bag, completely covered with your pillow over your ears, you still hear that high-pitched, inconsistant whine! It just cuts through everything! AAARRRRGHH!! :bawl

Oh, and Monk? You're right. "Leetspeakers" deserve to be repeatedly flogged with a computer cable.... Well, all right, a well-wrapped cable... padded with foam...

I just hate leetspeak, folks. I can understand shorthand text messaging like "Im OK, hwru? C U 4 lnch?" In that case, you're spending less effort and typing fast. But Leetspeak takes more effort just to stick in all those improper numbers. It looks so damn pretensious to me. :mad
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
crow
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by crow »

I hate people that stand so close to me in a line that they are almost on top of me.... God I cant stand that. I also hate to be touched all the time.it's that "personal space" issue.

& I hate the operators of drive through windows... no offense if anyone here is one... I have to repeat my order all the time.

& I hate people that sit at green lights.... GREEN MEANS GO, PEOPLE. I can't sit in the middle of the road all day.
~CROW~
lonewolf
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Things that tick you off

Post by lonewolf »

I agree with lee here if you do jhave somewhere to go then you will never have the thing that you need; a motorbike.

Hmmmm the mouse thing is kinda debatable

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Things that tick you off

Post by Siona »

- Liking someone who doesn't give a damn for me. :bawl

- Bad grades.

- Name-calling.

- Not having good things to munch on in the house. Namely, Cheetos.

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
jimmy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

GRRRR!

Post by jimmy »

squirrels
and little people
people that walk slow through the halls at school
my electric pencil sharpener
and annoying pests (all sorts of people) :poke
:bunny :bunny :bunny

jimmy (girl)
:jubilee
:respecttoad nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nickelodeon :D yeah! The First Kids Network :thumbup
And Now you know, 'cause its Mikes Super Short Show!
Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Things that tick you off

Post by Beboots »

Things that tick me off...

-Whoever decided in school that the grade nines, the oldest in our school, get all of their lockers in the narrowest hall.

-People who like to stand in the center of that narrow hall and talk in loud voices about this party or that sleepover, and block the rest of us from getting to our classes.

-Whoever it was that decided to have white boards, right next to the windows. (("Aaah! The glare! :eek))

Beboots
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Things that tick you off

Post by Beboots »

- Migrane. With sniffle. On a test day at school, without any Kleenex in sight. End of story. :

-People who think that they can just jump into grade nine band with people who've been playing for two or three years, and expect to learn an instrument, learn to read music sheets, and complain when they can't keep up with the rest of us. :guitar