Preeeeesenting, the ugliest car in the world: the 2004 Toyot

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I'm serious, folks. I've seen this thing running around here in California. At forst, I thought it was some kind of joke or kit-build. This thing literally looks like someone's four year old kid designed the body. It's made up of horizontal and vertical lines only. There's a teeny tiny little slope on the windshield. Aside from that, the only curves are the tires.

Here's some of the advertising text I saw on a dealer's site:

There's simply nothing else that looks like the xB on the road. So as you drive it, expect lots of honks and waves from the people around you. and once you see what's inside they'll start getting really friendly.

Starting at $14,165 for manual

Oh, yeah, there's nothing like it on the road. MAYBE THERE'S A REASON FOR THAT??

Take a look at this little gem, folks. And make sure you arn't drinking anything, because it may make you spooge out your nose. :shakeno

http://www.intellichoice.com/reports/ve ... _nmb/11194
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
BLUE_2007
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by BLUE_2007 »

Holy crap, it's been awhile!
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mistress D »

Whoah! :yech ...Hmmm... It makes me think of a dog... Like a pitbull or something. One thing's for sure, I'd never be caught dead driving that. o_O
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

That's pretty bad, but I still think the Hummer is the ugliest car in the world. The only thing that could make it worse is maybe if they started doing airbrushed Sean Penn portraits on the sides of the cars or something....*shudder*
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
Darkholme
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Boxy! But safe!

Post by Darkholme »

I like the idea behind the Scion line, but the XB is just...well, I wouldn't drive one either.

I have thought about the XA though...I'm going to have to check out some reviews of it...the TC doesn't look too bad either.

I'm still probably going to buy a VW Touareg or Jetta though. Midnight blue of course.
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

yeah that's a butt ugly car, but i'm still thinking than the Aztek is the ugliest of the ugly :D
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Yes. That is ugly Mael. But Gaz is right . Hummers are pretty ugly too.

Here in Vegas they have limos that look like long long trucks. God I hate those! They are sooooo ugly. I'm not sure what they call them.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Limers? Hummos? I think they're called "stretch Hummers". Sounds really obscene, doesn't it? ;pant

The worst thing about a Hummer, to me... Okay, maybe there are two "worst things":

1) The obscene price. These things literally run as much as a house. 100K. (Of course, the same could be said for the average Jaguar, but at least it looks really, realy sharp....)

2) Pathetically obscene milage. I think the Bradley gets better fuel economy than a Hummer.

I don't mind their existance in a rural area. The HUMV was originally a military vehicle, designed as the ultimate troop transport, and it does that very, very well. But nobody in all of the California Bay Area has any need for one! They're nothing but expensive, gas-guzzling, environmentally disastrous status symbols!

Now, the Scion xB? Apparently it has good fuel stats and runs literally one tenth of the Hummer. But, man oh man, is that ever damning it with faint praise....:urg

It's just butt ugly. There's no other way to describe this car. It makes the Pinto, the Gremlin, and every other mass-produced 60s-80s piece of shit look like a Rolls Royce Silver Ghost. :yech
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

It looks like a shiny lego car :LOL Pretty ugly! I wouldn't buy it, even if it were the only car I could...
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

What were they thinking? "Hm...We don't have enough cars that look like boxes...or like turtles...That, and I don't think that I'm laughed at enough anymore..." :idea "I know!"

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Blech!! :p If this is their idea of attractive, I really really hope it doesn't catch on. Who in their right mind would buy that butt-ugly car. My 4 year old nephew can draw nicer looking cars than that. I looks like a metal breadbox on wheels.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mad With Power »

I think it's totally freaking adorable.

I imagine it going "bzzzzzz!" instead of "vroom-vroom."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Sweet hairy and grossif, that is ugly, and not the "been bobbin for fries at Miccy D's" kind of ugly, oh no, this is waaaay worse.
It brings back that old saturday box car racing memories which I never had. I swear that is an oversized breadbox with wheels.
I imagine someone in japan screamin' "OH no, Godzilla's searching for his breadbox, RUN!"
Not only that, but I think people in egypt is getting really ticked off of people stealing the pyramid's blocks and putting wheels on it.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

I think that the Element or Aztek still gets the crown for ugliest car ever. Toyota usually has a reason for their designs though... at least when they're that ugly. I have to give them credit for the Prius though. Has anyone seen them? They're the only hybrid car that I wouldn't be embarassed to drive. They're kinda cute, relatively inexpensive and get 60 MPG. If toyota can make cars like that, they're allowed to F* up every now and them.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

If we're voting on ugliest cars, Pinto takes my vote; it looks like a duck's head!

That, and the fact that if you were struck from behind, you'd blow up never really made it popular with me. :dead

~Siona

-- SheCat.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Cll me stupid but I kinda like it. It's got that quirky "I'm an individual in a world of product replacements!" sense. Really cheesy.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by SheCat
Cll me stupid but I kinda like it. It's got that quirky "I'm an individual in a world of product replacements!" sense. Really cheesy.
Exactly! Just like that car commercial where everyone had cardboard boxes for cars! :LOL

~Siona

-- SheCat.
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
I don't mind their existance in a rural area. The HUMV was originally a military vehicle, designed as the ultimate troop transport, and it does that very, very well. But nobody in all of the California Bay Area has any need for one! They're nothing but expensive, gas-guzzling, environmentally disastrous status symbols!
Well, you can thank Governor Hassenpfeffer (what, you think I can spell his last name? Fat chance. That's German too, you can live with it) for that. He was the one who lobbied for the Hummer's civilian release; he got the first one. The good Governor also has a tank he drove in the Austrian or German army, and another army transport he drives around LA.

No one needs to overcompensate for a small penis that much. :X
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
The French Biscuit
Lubber
Lubber

Post by The French Biscuit »

Originally posted by NightPoofer
It looks like a shiny lego car :LOL
That's it! That's what it reminds me of! :LOL Thanks Night Poofer.

Personally, I still think those PT Cruisers are more hideous than this recent abomination. :X
Don't mess with me, I'm French!
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

Yeah, the PT Cruisers are freakin ugly. I still think Hummers are the ultimate ugly. They take up like three times as much room on the road as other cars. They are unbelievably impractable. *stab*
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

From the description (ugliest ever, boxy) I was expecting something that looked kind of like a boxy SUV. In other words, I was picturing a Hummer. :X *pathetically under-informed on vehicles*

In some ways, that car is worse, though. Look how low it rides. Ugh! I'd sooner drive a Hummer that that POS there. Basically a stupid-looking toy.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Nighton
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nighton »

:o What the drokk? That car makes me feel undescribably disgusted.
The greatest X-team possible:
:) :wolvie :emma :gambit and :icey

Just so you know, some words in my posts are in Swedish.

"Yes." -Einstein, Aristoletes, Alan Cumming, David Prowse, Bruce Springsteen, Tori Amos and many more

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE! PUT ME IN YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

OH. MY. GOD. I saw one today. *sobbing* I thought I'd be safe in Utah, of all places, but it's everywhere! :bawl

~Siona

-- SheCat.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

UUUHG!! our neighbor has one of those and it is such an eye sore. Our family calls it the chinese takeout box car cause it looks like the takeout container. My grandma calls it the 'True box car" why the heck would anyonewant to waste money on it, I want a Spyder or a nice Black Jeep, or my Dad's 150 ford Lariat supercrew and get it lifted.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

:shifty

They're spreading around here, too, like some horrible creeping disease. I'd label it the automotive equivalent of kudzu, but at least the horribly invasive kudzu looks pretty. I've seen three or four different ones around here. Three (count them, three) of them are silver, and the only way I know they're different is because they have different drivers and I saw two of them within a few seconds of each other.

I know that they made fun of the ever famous 60s VW beetle, my favorite pregnant rollerskate ;). They claimed it was absolutely hideous, grotesque, and a host of other things. But it had curves and a sense of the ridiculous. The only curves this sucker has are for the wheels. Everything else looks like i was planned with an etch-a-sketch.

At least the Aztek has some plastic parts to give a bit of texture and interest (as ugly as it is). And the pinto had some slopes. I have to wonder how this thing gets such good milage when it's as aerodynamic as a shoebox.... :yech