It's down to three, name the kitty for the LAST TIME

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!

Total votes: 0

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

ok, I'm finally going to be done with this... the breeder just asked if she should start calling him by a different name, so I guess i should really decide. after thinking on it a lot, I have it narrowed down to three! I chose these three because they are short and i can picture myself saying them to call a pet, seem to fit him specifiaclly, and also like the sounds of them.

again, here's the cat in question...

Darwin because he is a mutant kitty. His breed is the result of a spontaneous mutation, which is in part what the theory of evolution is based on. Darwin also apparenly means 'beloved friend' in Old English which is quite fitting. Also just sounds nice.

Ohren is German for 'ears' and even for a Devon Rex which typically have giant ears, he's got quite the set. also sounds pretty. it's pronounced with a long o, btw.

Marley I thought because of his white face he looked a bit ghost like, so C suggested Marley from A Christmas Carrol and it just seemed to fit.
JUSTOOGOOD
Lubber
Lubber

Post by JUSTOOGOOD »

He looks like a Darwin to me, plus all those reasons you gave gave are good.

Damn cute cat. *sits back and wonders how his cat is doing back home...*
I'm the best there is at what I do...
...no wait,
...that's someone else.

*ANYTHING STATED IN THE ABOVE POST IS MERELY THE OPINION OF MYSELF: UNLESS SUPPORTED BY FACTS/SOURCES ETC*
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Darwin.

The Stevie has spoken. :hypno
Call me King!
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Northstars Love »

Vote Marley. :hypno Vote Marley. :hypno Remember to vote Marley :hypno
fuzzy yukon
Lubber
Lubber

Post by fuzzy yukon »

I agree marley
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

hmm... looks like it will be a battle royale between Darwin and Marley....
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Ohren is catching up. Maybe I'm biased. :D
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Post by NightPoofer »

I clicked on Ohren but I meant to choose Darwin :oops
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by sapphirescimitar »

Ohren.. And apparently, my vote made the polls even.. for now.

I just like the sound of it.. Plus the enormous ears. :D
Cocnuts.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I like the sound of Marley, and it's the one I was originally going to vote for. :)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Voted for Marley so the my orange pound cat can be Crachett. ;)
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by NightPoofer
It was FATE. :D!
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Originally posted by NightPoofer
Poofer, you've done that over at The X Dream more than once. Silly boy.

I like the name Marley. Funny, everytime I think of the name Marley I keep thinking of Bob Marley. Ya Mon! :P
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

well. the breeder votes for Ohren
Oh my god I just went to your website and love it!! You guys are insane. I was so happy to cruise around there and see pics of your rats, Amis, your boyfriend, and of course you. I think that the comics sound very fun. I'll have to find out where we can order them. And you're both so young!! Here I am in the middle ages, trying to cope with whatever that means. I'm thrilled Amis is going to live with such fun people!

As for names, I have to say I like Ohren best--because it sounds alien, and Amis does look like an alien. He acts like one too. He's more like a dog than a cat for sure. He comes when you call him. Last night I was trying to teach him to jump up on my shoulders when called, which he did. He's food motivated and would be great for those cat agility trainings. (You can look them up on line.) He's very smart too. I saw him trying to open a big plastic jar filled with cat food the other day, using his hands.
he sounds like my Tipsy, i am so happy... Tipsy was smart in a dumb way, though, and not very agile :p but Tipsy was smart in thathe came when called, would play tag, and could flush the toilet (really should have tried to toilet train him, i bet he would have done it easy) and open doors by turning the knob with his paws. (thankfully not the doors to the outside, they were either too heavy or sliding. we did on occasion find him in the garage though after having opened the door to let himself in.

looked up the cat agility training:
http://www.showcatsonline.com/x/cat_agility.htm
http://www.catagility.com/index.html

actually sounds like fun....
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Yeah, I have done dog agility and it is a blast. We are too small of a city to have cat agility though :(. Mabey some day...
It is quite amazing what you can train cats to do. You just have to think like a cat instead of a dog. Clicker training would probabally work quite well for them.
Glad that your breeder is so enthused about you guys too!
And I like Ohren too (and not just because it was my suggestion :P ). I like non-english names.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Bamfette
ut Tipsy was smart in thathe came when called, would play tag, and could flush the toilet (really should have tried to toilet train him, i bet he would have done it easy) and open doors by turning the knob with his paws. (thankfully not the doors to the outside, they were either too heavy or sliding. we did on occasion find him in the garage though after having opened the door to let himself in.

rofl. My cat's not nearly smart enough to do any of this on command, though he sometimes opens cabinets with his paws. :p
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BamfChyck »

Bamfette, your cat told my cat his name should be Marley.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Orhen. It's kinda more original, and I like to go for more unusual names when it comes to pets.

They're all three cool names, but I do like Orhen the best!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

How in the WORLD did Marley jump ahead so far? Someone's cheating! :p

Edit: Oh, and just noticing everyone's spelling, my nitpicker side must point out that it's spelled Ohren and is pronounced as such.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I voted for Marley, because it's the only name there I would actually name a pet:LOL
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

Marley is a cute name. I'm glad its ahead. He looks like a Marley. :D

How long is this poll up for your new cat's name Jill?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

till when it looks like people are done voting.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

because C mentioned that Darwin was 'too political' i just wish to point out that it's not a political statement, and where i live, there is no real debate over evolution. it's pretty much accepted here, even by most churches (though they believe it was guided, so go for the 'intelligent design' thing, but don't push it in schools, just say in their churches that evolution was guided and leave it at that). we've got no stickers in textbooks or protests, and what i remember of my jr high and high school education, evolution was taught exclusively in regards to how life came to be in its present state. so that never really entered into the decision, and won't really affect things. I did have one friend here who tried to convince me fossils were planted by Satan, but she was the only one. on the other hand i had another friend that was seriously considering becoming a nun who did believe in evolution.

i really do just think it sounded nice.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Bamfette
I did have one friend here who tried to convince me fossils were planted by Satan, but she was the only one. on the other hand i had another friend that was seriously considering becoming a nun who did believe in evolution.
ROFL. "Planted by Satan..." ;)

I don't think Darwin's political at all. Religious conservatives can call it a backhand to Darwin's ridiculous theories, liberals can say it's a tribute. It really doesn't matter how you see it; it's just a name. :p
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Gaz »

I like the name Darwin. Totally cute.
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.