Return of the 80s

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Rocketgurl23
Lubber
Lubber

Return of the 80s

Post by Rocketgurl23 »

I'm wondering, how the hell did 80s fashion stuff come back?! "My Little Pony", "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", knee length shorts, and everything else (almost). Heck the stuff is becoming so popular, the Bratz dolls that are always following the latest styles are wearing it (I saw one that was wearing a jacket with SHOULDER PADS :shocked)!

Moving on, what DO you like and what DON'T you like? Here's my list:

DO'S
Crimped hair
Legwarmers
Madonna-look
Teased hair
Heavy lipstick and eyeliner
Jelly bracelets (I don't care if people say they're "naughty")
Colored hair
Old-school rap (I'm TIRED of gangsta rap!)
Side-ponytails
Slouch socks
Spandex pants with thong leotards (Yes, I do remember saying that wearing thongs in public are skanky, but if you wear something under it's okay :).)
Tons of hairspray
Fishnet stockings

DON'TS
VERY POOFY HAIR (To be honest, I think black girls are the only ones who look good with it, especially Beyonce in "Austin Powers".)
Valley-Girl talk (Ugh, Clover and Kitty...)
Paracute pants (The only ones who should be certifies to wear these are Vanilla Ice and M.C. Hammer.)
Knee-length shorts (Short-shorts and capris are perfect...)
Waist high pants (Was it me, or did Michelle of Destiny's Child wear those in "Lose My Breath"?!)
Poofy sleeves (The only excuse to wear those are if you are cosplaying Chun-Li from "Street Fighter")
Bikini-bottoms with those waistband things (You probably know what I mean.)
CONE BRAS (Ewww... You have to have huge nipples to fit in those things!)
Neon sweatsuits
Wearing spandex other than the gym
HUGE t-shirts
Wearing see-through underwear in public (It should be opaque. I would wear a corset, but with a cute button-down shirt :D)

Well, that's all for now people!!
"I know Victoria's Secret - She's a man!"- Boy George
sapphirescimitar
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Return of the 80s

Post by sapphirescimitar »

The 80's are cool.. even though I was only alive for about three months of it.. lol.

I actually wore a side pony tail today; it was hot. And I love poofy hair (as that is how mine almost always looks, naturally). I also love parachute pants; I wanna get some, actually.

I never watched My Little Pony, but I totally used to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because my brother bought some episodes on tape. Aaaand there's about a million other toons I watched, too, but I'm not about to list them all, and I'll think up some more stuff later, maybe.
Cocnuts.
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Return of the 80s

Post by Tracker »

I miss real Saturday morning cartoons..from 5 am to noon.
Pink boom boxes
The Goonies!!
Thriller ('nuff said)
Pinball and old school arcades
Cheesy fantasy/sci-fi movies
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Return of the 80s

Post by littlebamf »

I never stopped wearing my jelly bracelets and I have two pairs of stripey legwarmers that I actually wear on my arms! And as for fishnets.... :D
Rocketgurl23
Lubber
Lubber

Return of the 80s

Post by Rocketgurl23 »

I used to like watching "Full House", "Family Matters" (I prefer Waldo over Steve...), "Facts of Life", thank goodness they have re-runs! The best games of the 80s were Pac-Man, Mario, Streets of Rage, and Final Fight. Also, can someone explain to why people always said that Jo from "Facts of Life" was gay and what this "My Two Dads" is all about?
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Return of the 80s

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Much like sapphire, I was alive for a little less than a year in the 80's, but I still think it was one of the greatest decades.....I watch Full House now.... a bit ashamed, but it's so cheesy that I need to watch it. I used to wear jelly bracelets, but I had so many that half my arm would be semi-tan and half under the bracelets were white as all hell. I watched TMNT religiously and wanted to buy four turtles and name them Leo, Paph, Mike, and DOn and paint their letter in their colors on their shell. (like a blue L on Leo, red R on Raph, etc.) I love the 80's is one of the best shows, although I wasn't alive for many of the moments...:bamf
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Return of the 80s

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

80's was totally cool.
TV shows and movies made in 80's are great.. though the music sucks
and the tv show of teenage mutant ninja turtles wich comes from tv now, is far more shittier then the original.
Rocketgurl23
Lubber
Lubber

Return of the 80s

Post by Rocketgurl23 »

The kiddie shows were far more interesting than that Teletubbies and Magic School Bus junk we have now. And remember the war between Jem! and Barbie and the Rockers? The originals are ALWAYS better (Jem!)!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Return of the 80s

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Teletubbies is for kids in the age of 2-5, teenage mutant ninja turtles was for kids in the age of 5-13.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Return of the 80s

Post by steyn »

I loved the cartoons,
Dungeons & Dragons,
Thundercats (my favourite),
Trapdoor (old claymation),
Bravestar (eyes of the hawk, SPEED OF THE PUMA!),
and of course, who can forget He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Skeletor ROCKS!)

And thats what I liked about the 80's.