Bomb threat!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Sussi
Lubber
Lubber

Bomb threat!

Post by Sussi »

Here in the town of Södertälje, Sweden, there is a oil harbour at the other side of the channel where I live (and can see from my home), that has been bomb threatened. Workers found three plastic tuped with blinking lights near a big gas tank on Thursday afternoon, and they police is now atemting to take away the "bombs" (they still haven't been able to determen if they are real or not). They police say they have goten a threat, but they won't say if they got it before or after that people found the "bombs".

Here is a swedish article about it: Link
If you look at the map in the article, the greay/striped area is the oil harour and the X marks the spot for the "bombs". I live just where it says "Östertälje".

They police say that people in Södertälje are safe from the bombs, there ar no homes around that area, only buiness.

... And thay say nothing ever happens here in Södertälje... :X
I want a Blueberry-Muffin!!!:lick (Read Uncanny Xmen Nr 423...).

Wana see my art? Go to DeviantART. (You know you want to :toothy)
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Bomb threat!

Post by steyn »

How's this one:
When I was in High School (Mossel Bay, South Africa) there was a bomb threat at my school. I was either in grade 10 or 11, can't remember, anyway it was exam time when the school got a bomb threat phone call.
There was no bomb of course, it turned out the guy (genius that he is) called from his home, he was dating one of the grade 12 girls and she never studied for that day's test.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Bomb threat!

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

There has been one bomb alarm in helsinki too, allthought the bombs were fake. Man people can be stupid <_<
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

Bomb threat!

Post by NightPoofer »

That's strange... when there was a bomb threat at my school. They all tried to huddle us all in a single place. Just so that if the bomb was there, we'd all die together... :rolleyes

They made us leave the school one by one, just for the snipers to get us easier as well... :LOL
hellbound
Lubber
Lubber

Bomb threat!

Post by hellbound »

Originally posted by steynedvelvet
How's this one:
When I was in High School (Mossel Bay, South Africa) there was a bomb threat at my school. I was either in grade 10 or 11, can't remember, anyway it was exam time when the school got a bomb threat phone call.
There was no bomb of course, it turned out the guy (genius that he is) called from his home, he was dating one of the grade 12 girls and she never studied for that day's test.
wow, thats genius! can wait till back to school exams start (kidding)
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Bomb threat!

Post by Maelstrom »

At San Jose State University (SJSU), it was almost expected that some $*%&@ing MORON would call in a "bomb threat" during finals time. Someone was always trying to disrupt finals. I was never sure what they thought they would accomplish: whether they thought they could some how get finals "cancelled" completely. or just wanted to gum up the works. I distinctly remember one bomb threat called into the "business" section of the school, where people got their MBAs and so on. The business building was cleared out, as were the buildings directly adjacent to it, but since my classes were on the other side of the campus, I wasn't affected. All the students, faculty, and even most of the police knew it was just an empty threat, but kept people away just in case *this* one was real (out of the last 20 or 30 that weren't....)

These hoaxers really don't think very well. Whenever you do a bomb threat, the FBI gets involved automatically, and they don't take kindly to practical jokes of this nature. It's also pretty easy for the FBI to figure out who, among all the students, would have done this. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes when the gov't caught up with them.... :whistle
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Bomb threat!

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

if you caught up, dont you get put in to jaill or something? :p
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Bomb threat!

Post by Maelstrom »

Oh, yes, they put you in jail... for a very, very long time....

Note that these bomb threats happened before 9/11, and the FBI would still grab your happy little ass, lock it in a room, and "misplace" the key for several months while they interrogated the hell out of you, just to make sure you aren't a "sleeper" threat. And, of course, it's a serious felony to even make the threat, let alone carry through, so now you've got that hanging over your head, AND jail time on top of it.

Now, *after* 9/11, I have the feeling they'd lock you in a room and throw away the ROOM.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil