Mutant puppy!

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Mutant puppy!

Post by Slarti »

Lookit this little guy!

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... sec=nation

I'm just happy the monks are adopting him. I do wonder if he's okay internally to be able to survive to adulthood. It looks like he fused with a twin, but he looks probably 6-8 weeks old so I guess he's okay.

*goes to hug her dog*
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Mutant puppy!

Post by Bamfette »

:o well. the legs look to be placed properly and are of the right size... everything seems symetrical.... i had seen a sheep with 6 legs once, but they were severely atrophied and tiny. seemed happy enough, though, jsut had a couple extra legs dangling from it's body, coming a few inches shy of the ground. I wonder if he walks on the extra legs or they just dangle.

if the puppy's lived this long, as a stray, no less, I'd imagine he'll probably live a long happy life...
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Mutant puppy!

Post by Maelstrom »

Spiderdog, Spiderdog, your friendly neightborhood Spiderdog....:yawn

Sorry, I couldn't resist... even if arachnids have 8 legs and this little cutie only has 6.....

But I also have to wonder how the insides are doing. Obviously the plumbing's hooked up right for the most part, or he wouldn't be in such great shape, but does he have only one bladder feeing out two "exits"? And do those two legs actually work? He'd be able to sit up and beg and run around at the same time!
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Mutant puppy!

Post by Slarti »

I know! I had those questions too! And, actually, I got that link from one of my Halloween groups. Somebody posted it as, you guessed it, Spider-Dog! LOL!

*tries to picture that dog running*
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Mutant puppy!

Post by taekwondodo »

Posted the link in the OOC section of my RP board and one of our players, who's a science geek extraordinaire, actually knows what caused this. Apparently it's called a Hox mutation, if anyone's interested, and is not the result of a fused twin. Little sucker sure is cute, isn't he?
KittyWillow
Lubber
Lubber

Mutant puppy!

Post by KittyWillow »

I used to have a cat with 6 "toes" on each paw...

we called her clod-hopper.
"I'm not even supposed to BE here today" - Dante
"they say its as big as four cats, and it has one leg that can retract inside its body so it can leap up at you better, and you can't leave it by itself or it goes mad, Its got magnets on its tail so if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you. And instead of a mouth its got four arses..." - Dougal
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Mutant puppy!

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

That looks, cute ^_^

If those 6 legs work, it would be a great pet. :P