I'm getting hitched on Sunday (now with pics!)

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Remember years ago (seems like) when I said I'd got engaged?

Yeah, me neither. But after about 2 years, the dude and I are finally getting married this Sunday. I'm not super nervous yet, but I'm getting there. Hopefully, things will go well. My family's huge and crazy (read: drunk) and his family is small and shy. Both families are Catholic, but my dude and I aren't so we decided to avoid the hassle and have a judge marry us, much to the chagrin of everyone else. Right now I keep wondering why we didn't just elope. My biggest fear is fainting at the alter in my uber-constricting torture device of a dress.

Just wanted to share this with you guys since some of you were here since the start of all this. I'll let you know how things turn out and post some pics (maybe :urg). Keep your fingers crossed for me, fellow 'Scrawlers!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Awesome, bluefooted! A toast to you and your partner! :beer

Seriously though, nothing but the best wishes for you. May you both live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.

Wind to thy wings.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Congratulations! I second that toast!
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by B A M F ! »

Double DITTO!

KUDOS and CONGRATULATIONS!

BAMF!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

CONGRATS!!!!
My biggest fear is fainting at the alter in my uber-constricting torture device of a dress.
I bet you look beautiful in it though!

I wish you both the best!!!

*squeels* how cute!!! Weddings are great!!!

Love to you both *huggles*
one name: Bruce Campbell
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I don't know how I missed this, but Wow! Congratulations to both of You!
Right now I keep wondering why we didn't just elope.
You clearly must be doing something right. I've never met a single happy couple who didn't say this before their wedding.

:D

I can't wait to see the photos!

-e
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Wahoo! Congrats Bluefooted!
Don't worry about your dress i'm sure you look lovely, besides look on the bright side, there are stranger marital customs out there than a white dress - think whale-bone corsets, or gi-NOR-mous skirts or, just to be different, having to daub yourself in a combination of red mud and goose grease, just to name a few funny little traditions human beings have :D

I'm sure you'll have a great day, and i pray it will be the beginning of a good and lasting marriage *hugs*
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Congrats to both of you!

*throws rice* (or would you prefer birdseed?)

No need for the eek smilie, I'm sure everything will be fine. It just seems like it will never come together. Relax and enjoy it. Best wishes for a long and happy marriage.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Congtats bluefooted! Heh, it has been a long time....

And as for wondering why you didn't just elope...back in the dark ages when my wedding date was creeping closer like some horrible stalker, my dad kept upping the offer for if we'd just save him all the trouble and torment and elope. And we would have been more than happy to, except for one small problem...I was memum's only daughter and she would have disembowelled all of us had we deprived her of the 'joy' of planning and attending the wedding. >< It all turned out lovely anyway...but that cash sure would have been nice.... ;)

Here's wishing you a wonderful day to begin a wonderful life together. (and I hope he likes reptile mating rituals too...)
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

BF, I hope that everything went well for you yesterday. By now, I also hope you're sitting on a beach somewhere, sipping a mai-tai with your new hubbie. ;) After all the excitement (and just plain stress) of a wedding, a honeymoon is pretty much MANDATORY, IMHO.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Congratulations Bluefooted! :sausage
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Thanks for all the congrats! Sausage!!!! :sausage Things went well - no one got too drunk, everyone remembered their lines, and I didn't pass out. Yay!

Hey remember when I said I'd post pics? Well here they are ;) I won't spam you guys with pics (we gave each table a camera so we have about 6000 wedding pics.

Anyway, here's the dress, which is the most important part. Those are my dress wranglers (sisters) back there, um... wrangling it:

Flower Toss! There was a bit of a brawl. I'm happy to say that my friend Meg beat that guy down:

My cousin's daughter wanted to have the garter:

We went on our honeymoon in Zion Nat'l Park, Utah. We've been there before, but it's so awesome we really wanted to go back. Also, I had to attend a conference on animal behavior 6 days after the wedding :yech and Zion was on the way. Here's the old ball-and-chain on a rock in the narrows - that's where you hike in the river:

Conference wasn't so bad. It was at the Snowbird resort in Utah, so the area was very pretty. Unfortunately I had to spend most of the time indoors :( Here's the view from our room:

Honeymoon was followed by the ever tedious drive back to Indiana (with dogs) and then back to work. Anyway, we're now happily married, though living in different states - damn graduate school :yell but we'll be together soon. Hooray!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

You know, despite the fact that my wedding was a nice (and inexpensive) little Catholic ceremony that was all the more fun because we let family and friends handle all the stuff that professionals charge through the nose for, I was quite glad to have the wedding over with. Being married has proven to be far more fun than getting married. And I hope married life will prove to be that for you, as well.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

So cute! All the wishes that I expressed before and it looks like you had an awesome wedding and honeymoon! Hope you had a great time. :)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Wow, that's great, you looked gorgeous Bluefooted - but then brides generally do :D

hang in there with the living in the separate states, just remember there's only *counts on fingers* 4 going on 3 months left in the year! (that is if school ends in December in the US, i dunno... )
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Great dress.
Gorgeous Bride.
Handsome Groom.
Awesome Honeymoon Spot.
Animal Behavior Conference.
Tedious Drive.

Sounds like the perfect wedding! (Except for the tedious drive part maybe.)

Congratulations!

-e