Where're you from?

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Where're you from?

Post by Bamfette »

So there is now a hack that will display what country you are from. as you can see, I'm Canadian.... (and a girl - there is also now a selection for gender) so to get people using it, figured i would start this thread. go to edit your profile get your country listed, and come back here, tell us where you're from, and show your colours, so we can all learn what all the flags represent. fun AND educational! :P
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Where're you from?

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Im from Finland, and im male.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Where're you from?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I'm a hot chica from a little place called Long Island, NY.......about an hour out of NYC (and I hardly ever go :rolleyes....trains are so expensive and parking sucks!)....now that i have a job, however, I may be visiting the city more often...until I eventually move there *fingers crossed*
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Where're you from?

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'm also from Long Island, but in this case, I'm not a 'hot chica'..:bamf
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Where're you from?

Post by HoodedMan »

The board can't figure out where I'm from... and apparently I'm a very odd person. ;)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Karl-XMB
Lubber
Lubber

Where're you from?

Post by Karl-XMB »

I live near Liverpool, England although I was born in the north of England at a place called Sunderland, near Newcastle-Upon Tyne. :)
Karl.
XMB Assistant Support Manager
XMB Administrator
http://www.xmbforum.com
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Where're you from?

Post by Maelstrom »

Female from California, USA, in the mythical Bay Area. While practically no one outside of the Bay Area has heard of San Leandro, it helps to see it as about 10 miles south of Oakland, and across the bay (about 20 miles) from San Fransicso.

(As an aside, I can't believe how relatively COLD it has been here during the month of August; 23°C / 70°F weather here on average. Ah, well: September has always been our hottest month, really....)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Where're you from?

Post by bluefooted »

I'm from California, too, though the lower half. Sadly, the OC is nowhere near as fun and exciting as it is depicted on Fox. And you all know I'm a girl already :wave
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Where're you from?

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
The board can't figure out where I'm from... and apparently I'm a very odd person. ;)
where are you from? the hack may have just not come with the flag, i can add it....
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Where're you from?

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

CALIFORNIA BABY!!! I'm from Santa Maraia (may have heard of it, Jackson trials brought tourism way up from 0 to...something:rolleyes)
I'm on the central coast...and yes, it is actually boring here...unless you surf.
Weather...hmmm usually between 74 fahrenheit and 84. It's always nice here...it gets really boring.
Female.
one name: Bruce Campbell
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Where're you from?

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by Bamfette
where are you from? the hack may have just not come with the flag, i can add it....
No, I was just kidding. ;) As you can see, I put 'Unknown' (?) as my country. Because I'm weird like that. :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Where're you from?

Post by Bamfette »

ok :) it's just that the original was missing some countries, which i had to add myself, was worried i had missed some :P
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Where're you from?

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I'm from Pennsylvania originally, Amish country. I'm not Amish myself, although I am mostly ethnic German.

However, I'm now a Florida transplant and as of this year, have lived longer in Florida than anywhere else. Maybe not much longer if I get hit by one more hurricane. :P
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Where're you from?

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Canadian all the way baby! And I am a woman, mother and all that rot.
Well, Shadow dancer, pack up your bags, I hear Florida is getting dumped on right now by hurricane Katrina and that it may loop around in the gulf, recharge again and hit the panhandle just for fun.
The thing is that it doesn't look like it is going to get any better over the next few years, hey? Are you in a "blue roofed" community - or did your area not get hit too hard yet?
I personally am enjoying my little hurricane free, tornado free, relatively flood and earthquake safe part of the world - the only thing I have to really worry about is forest fires.
Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Where're you from?

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
Canadian all the way baby! And I am a woman, mother and all that rot.
Well, Shadow dancer, pack up your bags, I hear Florida is getting dumped on right now by hurricane Katrina and that it may loop around in the gulf, recharge again and hit the panhandle just for fun.
The thing is that it doesn't look like it is going to get any better over the next few years, hey? Are you in a "blue roofed" community - or did your area not get hit too hard yet?
I personally am enjoying my little hurricane free, tornado free, relatively flood and earthquake safe part of the world - the only thing I have to really worry about is forest fires.
Paws
We still have blue-roof houses in my town, after almost a year. We were one of the hardest hit communities, by first Frances and then Jeanne. Thankfully, the only thing Kartina is giving us are gusty rain storms. Most summer afternoon thunderstorms are worse.

One interesting factoid is that yesterday was the 13th anniversary of the landfall of Hurricane Andrew. Notice it was A, the first named storm of the season. We are now getting hit by a K storm and we're only half-way through. And our president still denies global warming. Sheesh.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Art_Mage
Lubber
Lubber

Where're you from?

Post by Art_Mage »

I hail from a wee country at the tip of Thailand which is constantly mistaken as, or grouped along with Indonesia and next to never makes it to big news...until a scandal or bombing arises. Malaysia being home to he biggest towers on earth helped get us on the map alright...about 0.003% more than previously.
Where beffudled ministries make boardroom bickerings over the capitalisation of 'j' in Jabatan (Office) and where the serious readers of X-Men are predominantly male Chinese in their teens who own gaming consoles and are into art and writing. Small percentage. Of course, girls and kids get it to, but only ever bother to recognize Wolverine (Children), Gambit (Teenage girls) and Apocalypse (Hardcore gamers) From a travel guide, I'd take it that we're also home to annoying tourism musical ditties.

So....now you know Malaysia. :D Heheheheh...
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Where're you from?

Post by theatrepirate »

Hailing from the southern portion of the US of A. (Go Atlanta, Georgia!) Where it's October, but still pushing 80-82 degrees!) I am ready for Autumn, and I want to put away my short sleeves! Lately, down here it's gone straight from summer to winter, and we've hardly gotten a fall season at all...just a couple of weeks. :(

Theatrepirate

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Where're you from?

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

I'm Portuguese.
You can find it on Google Earth.
:bamf
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Where're you from?

I have a cousin who lives in Portugal
Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Where're you from?

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

Originally posted by Casshern
It's a nice place to live :)

And we have a lot of brits here :) As you have some Portuguese over there too :)

Cristiano Ronaldoooooo!!! :LOL
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Where're you from?

Post by kurt_the_quick »

currently studying at UAlbany, (NY, USA :P) but I've lived all over the state at various points in my life. my grandparents live in Buffalo, I <3 the city and have a handful of friends down there, and my parents live in Fulton NY near the Eastern-most point of Lake Ontario.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Where're you from?

Alkuperäinen postittaja Nightcrawler_o63
Originally posted by Casshern
It's a nice place to live :)

And we have a lot of brits here :) As you have some Portuguese over there too :)

Cristiano Ronaldoooooo!!! :LOL
Portuguese? i dont think so.
most people are turkish albanic russian and umm.. african..
i mean the ones that move here.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Where're you from?

Post by Nandireya »

My birth certificate lists my place of birth as Waratah, which is actually a big red flower, but is also a suburb of Newcastle (which is just outside Sydney). I don’t really remember it ‘cos I was an Air Force brat and lived all over the country…so I just consider myself Australian. I’m currently residing in Toowoomba (which apparently means, in one of the native tongues, ‘Place of Swamps’) which is the largest inland city in Queensland and sits in the crater of an extinct volcano…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Where're you from?

Alkuperäinen postittaja Nandireya
which is the largest inland city in Queensland and sits in the crater of an extinct volcano…
Thats something different.

this city was in the bottom of the ocean about 200 years ago. Thats why there are boat attach hooks in allmost every big rock that you can find.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Where're you from?

Post by littlebamf »

I'm a Brit! I'm living in Winchester, the ancient capital of England, but it is only temporary as I'm at university here, I was living in Birmingham before.