Your Favorite Director And The one you hate

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

My favorite director is Peter Jackson
whom has directed

Lotr Trilogy.
Bad Taste.
King Kong.
Brain Dead
and so on.

Ive loved all of hes directions, except King Kong (wich i have not seen (yet))

The one i hate is..
Uwe Boll.

he has directed

House Of The Dead
Alone In The Dark
Blood Rayne
going to direct.
Dungeon Siege
Shadow Hunter
and many more.

All of hes hollywood movies have been from games.
And imo hes movies suck thats why i hate him from the bottom of my heart.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

LOVE
sam raimi (hope i spelled it right)
-evil dead (i LOVE Bruce Campbell:love)
-& spiderman 1 & 2

bryan singer
-x-men 1 & 2

hate
Joel Schumacher
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

love
Guillermo Del Toro

- Hellboy
- Blade 2
- Mimic
- Cronos

Hate
Joel Schumacher (he destroyed batman for me, until recently when Batman Begins came out.)
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

For some reason people always leave out The Frighteners when they mention Peter Jackson. (Great movie that didn't do so well in the box office because the spent all the money on the movie rather than advertising)

- Tim Burton makes great movies and some less than great ones.
- David Fincher makes weird, cool movies that somehow gain mainstreme popularity.
- Brad Bird hasn't made a whole lot yet but so far has only made gold.
- M. Night Shyamalan is a great auteur, who needs to make some non-twist-ending movies so he doesn't become a one trick poney.

I don't really have a hate list because I like to think that even a director with some really bad films under his belt can make something good.

Like hopefully Michael Bay will do a decent job with the live action Transformers film, even though his films so far have been movies I've avoided like the plague (Bad Boys, The Rock, Armagedon, Pearl Harbor, Bad Boys II: The Inexplicable Sequel, and The Island)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Like Spielberg, Lucas, Jackson, Singer, Raimi

Don't much like Scorsese, Tarantino, or Tim Burton. (Well, okay, most of his work was tolerable, but he did ruin Planet of the Apes.)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja Garble

Like hopefully Michael Bay will do a decent job with the live action Transformers film, even though his films so far have been movies I've avoided like the plague (Bad Boys, The Rock, Armagedon, Pearl Harbor, Bad Boys II: The Inexplicable Sequel, and The Island)
Bad Boys was funny, The Rock is good, Armagedon was.. good, the part where japanese started attacking in pearl harbor was cool the rest of the movie was again that hero bullshit, Bad Boys II was very funny, The Island was good.
so, you havent watched any of his movies and you think hes a bad director?
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Post by Garble »

to be honest I've only seen Armagedon and while I don't think it was badly made, it just wasn't my kind of movie.
I don't exactly have a strong feeling about him as a director one way or another. But typically I avoid summer OMG IT BLEWD UP! movies.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

But the point is, you cant say a movie suck if you havent seen it.
I mean ive done that mistake, but not anymore i dont.

what i can say is that, i -belive- that Uwe bolls newest and all the rest of hes movies are bad, because of hes skills on directing hollywood movies.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

What you have to remember is that the director is only one small piece of the movie puzzle, and a lot of the things people tear up directors for are actually the fault of the screen writers or the editors or the actors or the producers interfering.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator

Alkuperäinen postittaja Crawler
What you have to remember is that the director is only one small piece of the movie puzzle, and a lot of the things people tear up directors for are actually the fault of the screen writers or the editors or the actors or the producers interfering.
what you should know is that its Uwe Boll that made Alone In The Dark suck. It was him who said in an interview "yes well all my movies are based on to an island so i cant make this movie in an island", and "no no no, you cant have only three people fighting in the movie, if you do that people will not like it" etc.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Casshern
what you should know is that its Uwe Boll that made Alone In The Dark suck. It was him who said in an interview "yes well all my movies are based on to an island so i cant make this movie in an island", and "no no no, you cant have only three people fighting in the movie, if you do that people will not like it" etc.
I'm pretty sure Tara Reid and Christian Slater had a lot to do with it sucking as well. ;)

And Garble is correct, Michael Bay makes nothing of substance. The commercials for the Island couldn't even manage to have decent pull quotes. The one they used most was "A movie like on Michael Bay can make!" (read: crap)
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]