Awesome Christmas/Chanuka gifts

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Every now and then, my husband has these moments of total awesome-ness. (Is that even a word?)

Today, for Christmas, he gave me Robin Hood on DVD. Yes, The Robin Hood, with Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone. And he said he would have gotten me a complete Errol Flynn box set, except his other present for me was too expensive. More new fencing gear! I kid you not!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

i got, Madventures Box Set, Three boxes of chocolate, Che Guevara Mug, Finding neverland dvd, new harry potter book etc.
i gave Luc Bessons Nikita dvd to my brother, and a new axe.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I got a $50 itunes giftcard from my parents (I'm addicted to my ipod).
And I got to attend a Tridentine High Mass with a full choir and orchestra.
-e
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Hubby got an extra big Christmas bonus this year, so he got me something I always wanted but couldn't afford, a HP pocket computer and a one gig card to go with it. Now I can write when we are traveling and I don't have to retype it on my computer, plus I can use it as an ipod as well. XD
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I didn't get much this year: legos, cologne, a few shirts, the Batman Begins video game and the Batman Begins dvd, but my Mom took us to see Movin' Out a few weeks ago as part of our present, so that adds up too:bamf
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I got some cool stuff, firstly a remote start and keyless entry installed on my new car from my parents (my 2006 silver Scion XA I bought meself in September!). Arrested Development season 1 and Mystery Science Theater 3000 vol 7 (including The Prince of Space!) from my sister and brother respectively, as well my sister bought me some earrings. A sweater, candles, jewlery armoire (which I was in desperate need of for all my jewlery thats been flung all over my room..until now) some gloves, and a few other little things. Oh, and an excersise ball with a dvd. AND (because my father is hilarious) a pair of silver earrings from: Mr. Hanky.

It was a nice christmas......I bought my cousin a Pop Art Toaster (it burns pictures onto the toast) and got my father a few books on WW II as well as one on Festivus. A successful yuletide...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I got money from my aunts uncles and parensts...so I can buy what I want, in addition to some dangling earings (love shiny dangly things) An nice sweater from my mom, A fuzzy blue house coat, two pairs of really fuzzy blue socks and gloves to match (my mom knows very well my obsession with Nightcrawler) I got a nice Silver neclace with a pendant with the Letter E for my fist name from my Grandma. A christmas ornament from my neighbor who also got personalized bandanas for our two shelties (so cute)

well that's me.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Angelique
Every now and then, my husband has these moments of total awesome-ness. (Is that even a word?)

Today, for Christmas, he gave me Robin Hood on DVD. Yes, The Robin Hood, with Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone. And he said he would have gotten me a complete Errol Flynn box set, except his other present for me was too expensive. More new fencing gear! I kid you not!
I prefer my Robin Hood cheaply animated and furry.

That Maid Marian is a fox. ;)
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I don't want to get off topic, but now that you mention the cartoon version opposed to the live action one, in Gym we are doing archery and were all given Robin Hood nicknames (I'm Little John:D) and my partner refuses to accept that the cartoon isn't the only Robin Hood.. anywho, I'm just stating that basically I'm considered a big doofy bear:LOL:bamf
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Hsu

That Maid Marian is a fox. ;)
*rim shot*
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

Thanks to my students and family, I have been completely "Narnia-fied" for Christmas. For an old Chronicles of Narnia fan like me, having the movie come out has been a dream come true, because you can find all sorts of Narnia related things in the stores nowadays...

I now have calendars, jewelry, movie books, a framed Narnia map, and many other collectables.

I'm happy. Very happy indeed...

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

We Narnia-fied the kids this Christmas so badly, that when we experienced above-freezing temperatures and a bit of snowmelt on Christmas day, the kids got all excited and asked if Aslan was coming!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Hsu
As long as he speaks with an English accent, I'm cool...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

The main present: I'm going to get a dog. *__* (Well, they say, it's sort of my dog but she'll be the family dog, I guess.) My birthday shortly follows Christmas so it's kind of a present for both events. But the dog can't be taken home right now because she's still too young so we're going to pick her up in mid January. I'm excited and a little bit scared, too. It's been ages since our last dog died of old age.
And I just can't come up with a really cool name, not something like Turbo or Pluto or Nelly. If it was a male dog I'd name him Gambit. First I intended to give her a genuine comic name but imagining my family standing on a field calling for her with that German accent ("Noctööö-örn", "Maa-väääl", "Rooo-oog", "Tschii-in") really gave me the creeps. I've thought about Himiko (after the legendary Japanese empress). (Sanakan isn't catchy and cute enough and Pandora would be like a bad omen and I don't know the appropriate pronouncation of Nuala and now I've ran out of ideas...:shifty)
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Nuala would be pronounced NOO-la.

I would suggest going ahead and naming your dog whatever you want. (Few of my German relatives pronounce my name correctly.)

Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

I got all 6 of the currently available Masters of the Universe "stactions", which are basically statues that are the same size as the action figures, sculpted by the same guys that did the action figures (as the action figure line is dead, this is the only way for it to continue.)

I also got 65 (yes, SIXTY-FIVE!) episodes of Thundercats on DVD...and I've watched my Fantastic Four DVD about 10 times already. Dunno why I'm so obsessed with this movie right now, but I can't stop watching. :D
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.