A little something for the costumers

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I saw this golum costume on my Halloween forum and just had to share:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHl6QkC9__8
This Stone Golem was constructed using about 5 foam mattresses, over 50 sticks of hot melt glue, and 8 cans of grey and black spray paint. The foam is glued in large thick sheets (approx 20cm thick) to a fabric bodysuit, and the deep cracks are carved into the foam surface. The bodysuit has a zip up the back to allow the wearer to enter it, and the zip is concealed by abutting foam. The soles of the feet are made of corflute that has been sliced in half to expose corrugations that act as grip. The arms are about twice the length of the wearer's arms, and act as swinging weapons made entirely of soft foam. The golem took about 100 hours of work to construct, between 3 people. On its first appearance, the Stone Golem sent twenty bold adventurers into a hasty retreat without so much as touching them.
How fun (but hot) would that thing be! And I can see possibilities for a Thing costume along those same lines too.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

How people suffer for their art....

That thing (get it, Thing!) makes my nightcrawler costume suddenly seem light and unencumbering!

-e
Chlorine
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Chlorine »

Cool!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

That's pretty incredible!! How would you go for a pee in it though? :toothy

But you wouldn't face the problems that I faced in my own Nightcrawler costume - someone elbowed me at the bar, knocking my Sambuca shot out of my hand, that then splashed down my cheek, stripping off a layer of paint....I felt like Michael Jackson until I could sneak off and reapply my makeup.