Stupid things you should know...

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

Never let a Coke freeze in the freezer. If you do take it outside.....

Forgot I left a coke in the freezer so I took it out then set it on my desk whilst I anwsered an email. I heard a weird sound... Looked over and there was the coke can expanding. (the top and bottom parts) I could barely form the words "That can't be go..." when POP! I am covered in icy cunks of coke not to mention the ceiling, the floor, the wall, the etc...

Anyone else know something and still do something idiotic.????
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Like put 6 glass bottles of beer in to the freezer for overnight, and clean the big chunks of mix of ice and glass. Or putting an boiled egg in to the microwave?

[Muokattu 11/7/06 Lähettäjä: Crocodile Hunter]
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Putting a glass measuring cup on a stovetop? I've still never lived that down..
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Hmm, putting a metal rimmed cup in a microwave - pretty but not clever. Using a tea towel to hold a bowl of metling chocolate over a pan of water on a gas cooker - I set fire to it and my work station in my cookery class in school.

Don't chew the end of a felt tip pen. I was washing ink out of my mouth for three hours.

No matter how tough you are, if you're 4'11'' you'll always get laughed at and picking fabric out of your teeth from biting people's knees isn't plesant.....
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

Don't stand on rolling office chairs. My neck and elbows all still click.
(And having an itch on your face with two arms immobilized arms is TORTURE.)

Don't tie your scooter to your brother's bike unless he understands the physics of stopping. (He doesn't. He wont. So just don't do it.)

Don't get too confident while throwing bundles of newspapers into a recycle bin or you may find your knee popped backwards when the pain subsides enough for your vision to return.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

1. Never remove a broken journal lock with a tiny screwdriver - it will rip out part of your fingernail when you slip.

And you will slip.

2. Never melt wax in a pit on the stove and walk away.

It will catch fire.

3. Never put your duty notebook in your shirt pocket when you are tired. You'll end up washing it.

And it will fall apart.
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
Saffire
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Saffire »

For the boiled eggs thing. Just because you peel the shell off of a boiled egg iut does not mean it is safe to microwave. When you go to break it open it will explode all ovber your face...And it is very, very hot.
I am no longer a knight who says NEE! I am a knight who says Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Slipping a few hersey kisses in your pocket, 'to save for later,' is a very bad idea - because they will melt out of their wrappings and make a horrible mess, and chocolate stains are so hard to wash out. :

You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now :shakeno

[Edited on 23/7/06 by chicory]
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Never dance in a room with a low ceiling. You will get brained by a light fixture.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

It doesn't matter how well you know the lay of your living room. Without a light on, YOU SHALL STUB YOUR TOE!
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

Originally posted by steynedvelvet
It doesn't matter how well you know the lay of your living room. Without a light on, YOU SHALL STUB YOUR TOE!
*looks down at freshly bandaged toes* Even with a light on.
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Ketchup
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ketchup »

NEVER take something that's HOT out of the oven with your bare hands. :shakeno
"Humor is the great thing, tha saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."--Mark Twain
Saffire
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Saffire »

Never put chocalate in a black purse...Then leave it in you car.:shakeno
I am no longer a knight who says NEE! I am a knight who says Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

Never startle the shy (but fiesty) kitten.
Saffire
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Saffire »

When ridding a spooky horse....
Always dismount before going through a door, don't just lay on your horses neck....The horse WILL throw up its head and make you bash your head on the top of the door frame.
Never raise and shake your crop ((crop=whip)) at another ridder....The horse WILL see it and panick and run away as fast as it can, probably leaving you lying on your back in the dust.
Never close your eyes and pretend to sleep. It may seem funny at the time.... BUT the horse WILL choose that moment to spook and take off at a gallop. Once again leaving you on your back in the dust.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Heath Ledger has been cast as the Joker in the next Batman movie...probably not what I should be posting here, but I think it's pretty stupid...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

Um... if they can cast a batman with a lisp I don't see a problem with a Joker with an Australian accent.
Darkstalker
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkstalker »

Yeah, I was surprised too to see Heath Ledger as the Joker, but BAMFCentral's right, if Batman can have a lisp, what's wrong with an Australian Joker? Wolverine is Australian after all. And I think anything they decide with Batman is brilliant as long as they don't involve Joel Schumacher! :eek

As for me, I've done lots of stupid stuff, like never walk in a garage with your eyes on the ceiling, or you'll trip over a lawnmower! But the stupidest thing I remember is putting out a grease fire with water. One word: POOF! :doh!
BAMFCentral
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BAMFCentral »

Originally posted by Darkstalker
Joel Schumacher!
LONG LIVE JOEL SCHUMACHER !!!!

just kidding.. Isn't he doing the Transformers???

On topic.... Its best to turn off the power source of a light before you try to unscrew it....

Got some new umbrella reflectors and all of a sudden the bulb started smoking. I didn't remove something from the bulb before turning it on, not sure what it is pretty much evaported now. My new toy was in trouble so I panicked and tried to remove the bulb... not wise.... not wise at all...
Darkstalker
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkstalker »

:LOL Oh, I would die if he was! :faint Just Kidding. There's a website for the movie already at transformersmovie.com. Michael Bay is directing, I don't know how to feel about that.

But back to topic, I've had that happen too. I think it was crayon wax or something. It is kinda scary at first, but it does evaporate. I got another one, never go in the shower after a combination of Xanax and Benadryl! :eek I knew it makes me loopy, but I still went in. Long story short, I was black and blue from my waist to my knees for over a week! :doh!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by BAMFCentral
LONG LIVE JOEL SCHUMACHER !!!!
There's nothing wrong with Joel Schumacher's movies...as long as they involve Keifer Sutherland :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Always close the toilet seat before opening up your over the toilet cabinet. Such is the wisdom of the paws. Combined with a distaste for dunking her items in toilet water.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

After you've managed to clean up all the dirt from a tipped-over house plant, do make sure it's not going to fall over again before setting it down.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Saffire
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Saffire »

Never try to cuddle a cat when its tail is puffed up to three times its normal size and it is snarling...you will get clawed