How do you see yourself?

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

How do you see yourself?

Post by Scumfish »

So. Here's the story.

I'm a Fine Art student in college, doing the Foundation course. We've just started a new year, and with that I have to come up with my own brief for the final piece.

I've chosen, so far, to look at the concept of sex changes/Dissociative Identity Disorder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_p ... y_disorder) and the concept of Identity and how we view ourselves/each other.

"Awesome, Scum." I hear you say. "But what the hell has that got to do with Nightscrawlers?"

Simple. I want you lot to help me with this. It's really simple, and the more people the better it'll be.

Just give me an answer to How do you see yourself? Be as honest as you can, and it doesn't matter on the length of the answer or whatever. No rules.

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with sharing it publically, u2u it to me :D It'll all be anonymous so yeah.

Cheers, guys!!
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

How do you see yourself?

Post by Nightwind »

Hmm... I'm a grade 12 student at an all girl's school. I'm a major tomboy, and obviously a huge Nightie fan-girl. Comics and videogames are like my life. I'm hoping to get into george brown college for a baking program because baking is awesomness. A lot of people see me as being a vampire, but honestly all I see is pure, 100% nerd. I'm very childish, and... yeah... childish... many people say I'm overly quiet... I call it the role of the quiet observer...
Sexual orientation? I'm straight, but a lot of people tend to think otherwise. hehe...

hmm, I really hope that helps you out somewhat ^^;

[Edited on 19/1/2008 by Nightwind]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

How do you see yourself?

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I find myself rooted completely in identifying with being female, however I do not feel that I am 'girly'. I am comfortable with who I am as a person which is many things; a mother, a wife, a friend, helpful, kind...but I have had to re-establish a lot of my previous definitions because they were based on the actions that I made - now with me being less able, I cannot pursue some of the activities - like volunteering - that I used to define myself through. I've had to realize that I am still the same person, even if my activity level and abilities have changed.

I've had extreme problems with self-esteem and what not as a child, which I am still to subtler degrees dealing with. Now instead of thinking I'm a crappy person (which I do not - I'm happy with who I am) I still feel like I should be 'more'.

Sexually I would define myself as straight with a bi-lean. I don't think that sexuality is an 'either/or' situation for everyone, or even the majority of people. (which may get some reaction here, which is not my intent). Not to say there aren't people that are rigidly 'straight' or 'gay' - but I think there is a definate spectrum of sexuality out there. I am very definately attracted to men. There is the very odd woman who I could see being attracted to (though my experience is limited to men) - but its more a rare exception to the rule than my 'regular' tendancies. I am however in a committed monogamous relationship with my husband, and am quite content and fulfilled with that. I just recognise attraction for what it is. If he was not in the picture I would most likely seek out another male partner.

Hopefully that helps. If not, ask more definitive questions ;).
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

How do you see yourself?

Post by Freak »

huh :shifty

I see myself as an easy person, which probably in the context of life makes me a very complicated one.

Remember the old cartoons, where you got a good advice for life at the end of each episode? I follow them and take them serious. On the other side, I don't think I am a very tolerant person, since I simply don't care for things like sexual orientation, gender, colour of skin, etc. so, instead of doing anything proactively, I stay rather inactive. This helps me to also make fun of each and everything, although probably making me a shallow person in return.

I tend to dislike "extreme" views, so saying that you hate or love something will probably rise antagonistic thoughts and words from me (well within ethical borders, though).

Apart from the personality, I think I am able to be good at many things, or at least can seem to be.

And finally, althought seeing my faults and what I could do to improve myself, most of the time I'm not interested in changing anything, because I prefer a rather regular and staatic life.

There :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

How do you see yourself?

Post by Angelique »

I see myself primarily as an enigma. I don't think I fit into any pigeonhole, I can't be bothered to try and find out, and I'm not interested in defining myself, anyway. For one thing, it's too much trouble.

As a kid, I liked dolls, rainbows, and unicorns, and wanted to be a mommy when I grew up. I also enjoyed my brothers' Star Wars figures more than they did, preferred sci-fi and adventure to romantic comedies (still do), and considered being many other things as well as, or even other than, a mommy. (A nun, an alternative-folk-rock singer/songwriter, a doctor, a lawyer, a cheerleader, a dance instructor, an astronaut, a pro basketball player, an Olympic swimmer, a Broadway triple threat, a track star, an author, a political activist, a concert pianist, an opera singer, a UN diplomat, a police detective, et cetera,.)

I also like adventure. I like to try different things, even to push myself, but in the end, I always retreat to the comfortable and familiar.

Sexually, I don't accept any label other than "faithfully married to one husband."

[Edited on 18/1/2008 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

How do you see yourself?

Post by Ferguson »

Hee, this is probably a question I ask myself every day when I wake up and find that the answer has changed. It hasn't really but I like to think that it has.

So I think I'll answer this in two parts, how I like to see myself and how I generally am.

I like to see myself with more conviction than I actually am. Stronger willed, more decisive, that sort of thing while still being liked which is probably the reason that I have this focus on being funny. If I can make people laugh then I feel like I've made my own unique impact as well as doing something very 'me'. I'm none too good with seriousness. Getting into the how I really am part I don't take a stand on issues that, while I do have strong feelings about, don't always feel that it is exactly my place to do so. Once in a while I'll make a decision about something important but I'll let it be swept away. I'll think something that is iron-clad but then I will bend too easily.

I have an issue with finding 'my place' sometimes. I like to think of myself as much more outgoing than I know I really am. I'm surprisingly shy most of the time though I don't want to be at all. I won't always speak up about something and will end up letting opportunities slip by, things I wanted to do, things I really wanted to say, friends and really anything.

As for sexuality I'm basically straight but if the most wonderful person for me in existence passed by me that just happened to be matching me anatomically speaking it wouldn't be that that would stop me, just me in general would. I'm not one to take chances at all when they actually matter.

Me at my purest form though is most importantly amused. I may not be what I always want myself to be but if I can keep laughing at myself then that's just fine. I don't take too much seriously if I can help it because for most things being serious all of the time just doesn't help. The amused part of me spills all over into the creative part of me. My main creative outlet is writing and most of the projects I have are stuffed with everything that is me but I hope that I mostly carry that amused tone through it all.

Feel free to prod me for any more of my nerotic tendencies, Scummy. Another thing about me is that I'm a bit obsessive about helping when I can. ;)
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

How do you see yourself?

Post by Slarti »

I was joking in chat that I can be summed up as somebody who is 31 years old and hangs around on a comic book forum - eternal kid. Though, I know that makes it sound more simplistic than it is.

I have a career, I'm married, I live in the 'adult' world, but I've always kept that sheen of pure geeky kid, I think. As a kid, I was a tomboy. I played with Transformers and blew up Barbies. I'm still a tomboy.

I also had a lot of anxieties as a kid and younger adult. I was a shy kid, and learned the class clown trick in high school. In college I figured out if somebody put a name to it I had social anxiety. So, of course, I ended up in a career field where I was forced to talk to people, and even in a supervisory position. I still wonder how the heck that happened. Over the years, I've learned to be what I have to be to get the job done.

As far as orientation goes, I'm pretty darn straight. There are always the moments of bi-curiosity though, more so when I was in college. Even though it's an interesting academic thought, it's not something I probably would have ever really done. Now of course I'm married.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

How do you see yourself?

Post by Saint Kurt »

I don't think I can answer this post as deeply as everyone else has because I'm pretty simple.

When I was a freshman in high school someone told me about the concept of a "renaissance man" - someone who dabbled in a bit of everything and did it well. I decided I wanted to be a "renaissance woman".

I came up with the idea to "never turn down an adventure or a chance to learn a new thing" in order to achieve my goal. I was 13 years old at the time.

I am now 36 years old and since then I have never seen a reason to change that maxim. It continues to work and has even come to define me on many levels. I may not be a renaissance woman yet, but I've been lucky to have a lot of cool and not so cool experiences that make me the person I am.

I expect to have more of the same in the future.

-e
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

How do you see yourself?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I identify myself as 21 and male. I'm a flawed human being who has lots of problems, but I see myself as a regular human being, everyone has problems. I identify myself as someone who wishes they were a lot younger than they were, afraid of what's coming.

I'm a comic book fan.
I'm a hopeful writer, and I'm a dreamer. I'm a liberal minded person but I associate myself with no politics or certain type of thought.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

How do you see yourself?

Post by Scumfish »

Just want to put in a word here to say thank you to all those who answered - I've finally had an oppertunity to use all these :D

All of these answers are fantastic - and don't worry, names aren't mentioned ;) If anyone else would like to answer or add anything then feel free :D

Wish me luck - it's my assessment today!
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

How do you see yourself?

Post by Elwing »

I'm an eternal 13 year old girl- egocentric, shy, temperamental, low self esteem but also friendly, tolerant and innocent towards others. Another tomboy- or maybe rather a nerd. If anything breaks in my mother's house I'm the one to fix it. I'm proud to be a loner, quietly going my own way even if sometimes it sucks monkey balls.
I suffer from occasional attacks of Fernweh, and I have sudden autistic special interests that blow over after a while. Nightcrawler was one of them, you could say it blew over and I'm sticking around here for the good company.
Used to win at trivial persuit- used to be a bit of an artist. Unfortunately, none of that at the moment due to a severe and long bout of depression. It's probably my subconcious telling me to grow up already...I'm reasonably sure I will get over it and be a more mature person for it.

I love picking apart things like urban legends, religions and superstitions, but no offense to the believers, I realize very well I might be wrong. Sexually, well I woulnd't mind being gay, it seems so much more interesting and fashionable actually- but I seem to fancy the male mostly, so I guess I'm straightish.

Well I think that's about it. Thanks for putting up with me! Oh, and good luck Scummie...
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

How do you see yourself?

Post by german_gremlin »

I am a 22 years old turning 23 in May. I have a twin and yes....we are very identical only in looks, but completely opposite in attitude. People describe me as outgoing, loud at times, hilarious, compationate, and artsy-fartsy. I agree.
I have a little O.C.D. I have to check things a million times and I hate myself because of it. I feel like I'm wasting my time and look like a car thief when I check my doors. I laugh about really...I such a dork-a-tron!
I am also very open-minded and a great friend. I love to listen. Just to help, you know? People also go to me for ideas like designing stuff. I LOVE stuff like that.
Sexually...straight. I respect gay people and I think they have every right like anyone else. I'm just not into women..that's all. :P
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
GreenLanternGrl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

How do you see yourself?

Post by GreenLanternGrl »

ok, i tend to see myself as a nice person who wants to see the deeper part of life at all times. Without seeing the deeper side of life (the underlying reasons to everything and how the world works) i'd feel like life was more meaningless. I hate cocky/arrogant people and would love to throw them out a window because i feel everyone should treat each other with respect. I dont like hurting people's feelings, however,r if i do its because i wasnt thinking or i did something out of insecurity. People also say i have a good sense of who others are and arent easily tricked by people that might have bad intentions. I like to talk to people, but at the same time i get tired if i talk to people too much. So i'm always balancing my introverted side with my extroverted side. My friends are typically those i can trust and if theyre my best friend i luff them to death! :D. Work wize i can be a procrastinator :shifty. And its gotten really bad at times :/.

ok. sexuality. Going to be brutally honest with this one :P. For a long time i wasnt sure of my sexuality. I had a friend tell me "GLG, i think youre bisexual" i asked them what made them think that and they just said, i dont know i've just had that feeling for years." i got all freaked out and began doubting who i was and going over all my past memories. I was confused and weirded out when i was around girls for a while. You might even say i developed a sort of homophobia. But i wasnt ever mean to lgbt, just avoided them because i didnt know how to deal with it. Eventually though, the dust settled. I decided that I didnt think i could ever love a girl like i did a guy and the thought of kissing them made me go "ew". So, based on that, i decided i was straight and didnt feel weird around girls anymore. I mean even now i'm a little homophobic because if a lesbian were to walk up to me and start talking to me, i'd feel awkward. I wouldnt know how to act/ treat her because of her sexuality.Its sort of like meeting a disabled person, "normal" people feel awkward meeting them because they dont know what to expect.
* GreenLanternGrl gets defensive of star
no one touches star
-.-
Awwww
* sage huggles star
* Josh touches star...
* Starfish is huggled and touched
* rachel glomps Star
o.o
and glomped
stop all that touching!
xD
Hee
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

How do you see yourself?

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I get up, look in the mirror, and wave hello.

:wave

!!

In all honesty though, I'm a 21 year old guy who likes to write/read and is just trying to make/find his way. :D
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
GreenLanternGrl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

How do you see yourself?

Post by GreenLanternGrl »

lol, ult, you already did this post! :P
* GreenLanternGrl gets defensive of star
no one touches star
-.-
Awwww
* sage huggles star