Absence thread

If it's not comics, tv, or movies, this is the place! Talk about anything and everything else right here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Absence thread

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Wai?

WTH is in Chicago?

Besides the Cubs, and let's face it, they're not really worth visiting Chicago for. Maybe the stadium is, but not their performance.

Although, if you could get an autograph by Common, Mos Def, or any band member from the Roots, I would be like :surprise impressed.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Absence thread

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Wai? WTH is in Chicago?
field trip to the art institute
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Absence thread

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:X
boo.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Absence thread

Post by Freak »

If I'd ever go to Chicago I'd visit all the places from the Blues Brothers movie :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Absence thread

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

And Home Alone. That house from the movie, and the church, are actually real and actually there.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Absence thread

Post by Slarti »

I like Chicago! It's like a bigger version of KC. They have Pizzaria Uno (though we do have that here too) and the Shedd Aquarium! I also liked the art museum and the field museum.
Dragonwolf
Lubber
Lubber

Absence thread

Post by Dragonwolf »

Chicago is Epic. Especially the Art Museum. The only place in Chicago I haven't been is China Town.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Absence thread

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Ok gang, sadly I will be missing for a while.

Either I got Swine Flu (which is highly unlikely being i have zero symptoms other than achey joins and being exhausted) or, I worked myself way, way, way too hard, have had very little good food to eat as of late, and rarely gone to sleep at appropriate times. All of this in combination with final weeks of the semester jitters and stresses while trying to meet newspaper deadlines and essay deadlines and homework deadlines, and god knows what else.

Needless to say, I'm burning out.
So i'm going to burn the bridge instead, I'm going to get through this semester with a low intake of scrawlers (*taps veins... really need ma crack!*) so that I can get through scott-free.

I will be back (huzzah), and when I am I will jump right back in.
Sadly, the semester has demanded a lot from me physically and the last few months I have not been doing right by my body.

I hope you all understand, with new job and all, and if I make it out of the next two weeks alive, I'll gladly be on wishing everyone a happy May-somethingith.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Absence thread

Post by wingyding »

As of this week, I will have to give up the game for the coming semester, at the very least. I can't handle college, life, and rpg's online, and it's causing my grades to fall. I love you all, and I love the game, but I simply can't keep up, and something has to go.

Unfortunately, it's this, and my other rpg's. I won't be around much, if at all, and I'm sorry to have to do this to everyone I had plots going with, but I can't afford to sacrifice my grades.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Absence thread

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:surprise
Nu!

Well, I'll be honest, it's not easy, I can agree with you on that point wholeheartedly. Is there any chance you're going to gives us at least a good-bye fic for each of your girls?

And wingy, please drop by in chat. We'll miss your characters but we shouldn't have to miss you! ;)
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Absence thread

Post by Starfish »

I'm sorry to hear that, wingy. But I can also understand your time constraints and agree that it would be bad if you let your grades suffer. I just hope that you can try to stop by in chat every now and then. Of course, you can also play only occasionally while you're busy. We'll miss you in any case. *hugs* :)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Absence thread

Post by Starfish »

After my internet was killed by lightning last night, it's apparently still undergoing maintenance. So, I might be here or not, as it's behaving unpredictably. Don't be surprised if I dc from chat and won't be back for a while.
Kieron Gillen
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Absence thread

Post by Esynthia »

:( *huggles star*
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Absence thread

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I am repulsed by Nature at times like these. :(
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Absence thread

Post by steyn »

for the next 5 days I'll probably not be in chat that much...I...err..heh went a little overboard with the bandwidth this month and now just waiting for the 1st of June, and I can't check how much I have right now because the bandwidth usage page isn't working right at the moment, so I'm just playing it safe for now.

[Edited on 26/5/2009 by steyn]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Absence thread

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Whoa, what kind of backwards service provider do you have?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Absence thread

Post by HoodedMan »

wingyding wrote:I can't handle college, life, and rpg's online, and it's causing my grades to fall.
Join the club. :LOL
wingyding wrote:I won't be around much, if at all, and I'm sorry to have to do this to everyone I had plots going with, but I can't afford to sacrifice my grades.
You've made the right decision. Academics must come first; I learned that myself last semester and had to resign from the boards of half a dozen organizations. Good luck with your studies! :)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Absence thread

Post by steyn »

The Drastic Spastic wrote:Whoa, what kind of backwards service provider do you have?
What do you mean? It's kind of the same everywhere in SA like that. It's called a cap and I'm nearing it really quick. Actually, seeing the page is working now, I should have hit it already, so I'm just glad I can still come online and post this.
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Absence thread

Post by Raven Hare »

*Hepz shakes her fist at SA's service provider* Don't they know everywhere else in the world has unlimited broadband. Well, 'everywhere else' being Georgia and Tennessee since those are the only two places I've ever had service - can't really talk about the rest of the world. ;)

Regardless, you're being missed and hopefully the 1st gets here in a hurry. :D
:hepz :kitty
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Absence thread

Post by Esynthia »

Heading to Austin after work today for my best friend's bachelorette! Won't be back until sunday evening/monday morning. Have a good weekend, yall!
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
flashbang13
Lubber
Lubber

Absence thread

Post by flashbang13 »

I won't be on at all next week b/c we're going to Iowa to visit my aunt. We're also going to Chicago since it's nearby. See you guys in a little while!
Me: Do people that have sex with you get rug burn?
Kurt.....;)
Me: lol
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Absence thread

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Probably won't be around much this weekend, as I'm going to my aunt's. If I'm on at all, it'll be late.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Absence thread

Post by HoodedMan »

I'm off for two weeks; going to Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, and DC at various times! Any suggestions of things to do at this time of year will be greatly appreciated. :)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator

Absence thread

Post by Starfish »

My sister, my nephew, the parents, and I will leave for a trip to Berlin tomorrow morning, so I'll be gone from Sunday to Wednesday. I promise to bring plenty of pretty pictures. :D
Kieron Gillen
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Absence thread

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

This is more of a chat absence but still worth noting I think.

For an unspecified amount of time I will not be present in chat. I apologize for any inconveniences and hope you all continue to have fun. I'll bring all sorts of good stories when I get back. Promise.