What A Mess ( An Ultimate Fan-Fic)

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

ENTERING S.H.I.E.L.D. FILES: PLEASE WAIT...
Thank You, Password Accepted.

Remy LeBeau/Gambit: A mutant who charges objects with kinetic energy allowing them to explode. Presumed dead...until now.

Peter Parker/Spider-Man: A teenage boy who was bitten by a genetically altered spider, turning him into the amazing wall crawling Spider-Man. Now as a super-hero Peter has faced down the barrel of the gun numerous times but nothing could prepare him for what is about to happen next.

Matt Murdock/Daredevil: A blind lawyer by day and costumed vigilante by night, Daredevil is the guardian of the meek and down trodden in Hell's Kitchen, a domain of the infamous Kingpin of Crime. After the murder of his father Murdock has been out for Kingpin's blood and has come famously close numerous times. It is that driving force that separates the villains from the heroes, the good guys and the bad guys, that has stayed Daredevil's hand when most others would have taken the chance.

Eddie Brock/Venom: A failed experiment, created by James Parker and Eddie Brock Sr., the symbiotic suit took hold of Eddie, transforming him into the demented and blood thirsty creature known as Venom. Now as this hideous monster, the once mundane and pitiful Brock has it out for Peter, to earn back his life before Venom. However; the suit feeds off him, is parasitic, and his sanity is often crossed and blurred when he can't fight... his hunger.

Ben Urich: The world famous Daily Bugle investigative reporter who was the one who cracked the story that slandered the Kingpin's name (with the assistance of a certain web-headed hero). Needless to say he's in the good graces of both Spider-Man and Daredevil, which is why his next focus piece just happens to be about them. And Venom. And S.H.I.E.L.D.. And just about everyone else... this could be problematic.

General Nick Fury: The leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. and squad general for the Avengers Initiative, a.k.a. the Ultimates. Fury has seen his share of violence and war, insanity and aliens, and even Norse Gods from on-high coming to smite humanity. And like the man that he is, Fury takes it all in stride with a cool and gathered composure.

Bruce Banner/The Hulk: A top-scientist in the field of Gamma Radiation and other areas involving radiation. Assisted in the "Super Soldier Serum" tests, resulting in his less-than-better-half, the Incredible Hulk, a gigantic, child-minded, unstoppable force. Banner has learned to holster the Hulk with the help of injections and serums that moderate the amount of "hulk" he can let out when called upon. However; this doesn't mean episodes are wholly impossible.

Tony Stark/Iron Man: Weapons Tycoon Tony Stark had a life-changing experience when shrapnel from his own weapon exploded into his heart as he was attacked by terrorists who were out to hold him hostage. Building a device to keep him a live, Tony then set out to create a almost completely indestructible suit that would grant him the ability to make sure that his weapons (nor anyone elses) would ever be allowed to fire again. Once in his suit he is publicly known as Iron Man

Professor Charles "X" Xavier: Owner of the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning & Gifted Youngsters and mutant rights advocate, Charles is one of the most power telepaths on the planet but is still held to be one of the most respectable diplomats in the mutant/human "problem". He is usually sees things the other way of General Nick Fury, especially if it endangers any of his students, his team (the X-men), or mutants as whole, but lately the two seem to get a long.

Logan (James?)/Wolverine: Supposedly the first mutant, very little is known about this man. He has an incredible healing factor as well as adamantium claws given to him by a now closed S.H.I.E.L.D. program known as Weapon-X (which helped to contribute a multitude of members to the X-Men team.) While unable to remember much of his past, Logan still is able to retain all his training and instincts, making him an incredibly dangerous mutant, and a deadly foe. Especially if you cross him or the ones he cares for.

Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler: A Bulgarian, fuzzy, blue, and demon-looking mutant who just happens to teleport and also be irrefutably adorable and pirate-like. He is fun-loving and usually happy, but is able to hold back and become reserved when needed. One of the most religious members of the X-men, Kurt has an admirable spirituality that has helped him and others through very hard times. Here's hoping it helps them against Venom.

Dr. Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic: During a terrible space-flight accident, Reed and three of his friends were changed into the Fantastic Four and despite recent disagreements with both the Ultimates & the X-men based on ethics and personal issues, Reed rarely refuses a chance to assist them when called upon. Being one of the most intelligent minds one Earth (rivals the pre-mentioned Tony Stark) Reed also has a relatively close relationship with Spider-Man after assisting him on a multitude of personal dilemmas as well. Reed has the ability to stretch himself to fantastic lengths, much like an elastic band. He has basically zero bone structure but essentially a "return-frame" that his body always comes back to. His organs are kept in a sack in his "belly".

The Beetle: So little is known about The Beetle that his name was actually given to him by Spider-Man as a joke. All that is known by S.H.I.E.L.D. is that he is a super-high-tech person in a robo-suit, or navigated, pilotless, robot creation of ROXXON, a company that has been out to collect both the Venom suit and the data on it from Spider-Man and Eddie Brock Jr. since its recent discovery. It has also been linked to many other S.H.I.E.L.D. related crises, such as the release of villains from Triskellion (The base of the Ultimates and prison for their top-level criminals), and the stealing of samples of Sand-Man, Dr. Doom, the yet to be talked-about Hydro-Man, and documents on both Electro and Doctor Octopus. It appears someone is hoarding in all of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s secrets.

Hydro-Man: No data.

Dr. Curt Connors/ The Lizard: The Lizard is the reptile alter-ego of the good doctor of genetics. Having focused most of his studies on gene therapy, he was searching for a way to for humans to regrow their limbs. Having studies the ability and DNA of Lizards who are able to regrow tails or toes after an attack, he used this data and these traits on himself in a selfish attempt to grow his very own arm back, which he lost in a research assignment as a young scholar after having it pinned for so many hours under a truck. In this attempt to regrow his arm, he turned himself into the terrible Lizard.

Raven Darkholme/ Mystique: Blue skinned, sexy, and seductive, Mystique is a shape shifting mutant who is easily bought for an assassin but is renowned for her double crossing and deal breaking. She has close association and ties to the Brotherhood of Mutants, especially to Magneto.
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

Hell's Kitchen

The dripping of the water was enough, but just to be sure, Daredevil separated the heart beats of the two people in the alleyway. The perp and the victim. The punk and the old woman. The cocaine induced heart rhythm versus the pacemaker. This kid was too easy. But then again, that's why this punk had chosen an old woman as well. She was probably too easy to resist. Daredevil snorted and then prepared himself for the leap.

It wasn't a very flashy fight. In fact it wasn't much of a fight at all. He had landed on his hand, knocking the gun out of it of course. The man was so stunned and surprise it only took two axe kicks to the face to knock him out. After returning the purse to the old woman he bid her good evening and dragged the hoodlum to the police station where he dumped his dumb ass on their front stoop. It was getting close to three a.m., it was time for him to retreat home.

A gunshot sounded off down the block. No squad cars, nothing. Daredevil grunted again. Hell's Kitchen never slept, so why should he?

"Okay, so he says not to patrol Hell's Kitchen." Spider-man said aloud to himself as he slung down the darkened alleys. "But honestly, and I mean this honestly, as Spider-Man, aren't I obligated to respond to a gunshot? Especially when I just got back from whooping Boomerang's bank spree, which took way too long, and I'm putting myself in time-out for later." He turned the corner and saw a man running out of a church with a gun in his hand. "Of course, a church. I mean a gunshot at three in the morning, it's-" he yawned-"Gotta be a church right? Probably some father pissed his priest took their son into the-"

He landed on the man's back and smashes his face into the sidewalk. "Back and had his way with him." He picked the mans gun out of his hand and tossed it aside. Crouching on the man's back he knocked on it as if it were a door. "Y'know what I'm saying man?"

"Don't kill me mister please! I'm desperate! I had to get money Kingpin was gonna kill me!"
"Dude, you stole from a church. At three in the morning, did you really expect to not run into one of us?" Spider-Man webbed the man from head to toe and left him dangling from a lamp post.

"Spider-Man." A voice from behind him said. Spidey turned around to see the Daredevil standing on a rooftop only about two stories off the ground. "You mind explaining what you're doing on my turf?" He asked in a disgruntled tone.

"This is your turf?" Spider-Man shrugged. "I'm sorry I didn't smell your urine back at 54th, I'll go give it another sniff."

"Shut up and go home kid." Daredevil said.
"Bite me." Spider-Man replied. "I just handed you a goon who robbed a church, now I'm off to go home and pretend to do homework, and the most you can tell me is to shut up and go home?"
"Go. Home." He demanded. Spider-man rolled his eyes beneath his mask and shrugged.
"Have it your way." He shrugged as he flung a web out onto a building and zipped out into the darkness.

Then Daredevil felt it. A bang in the church, like a metal plate...the collection plate, hitting the floor. Maybe some candles. Definitely some candles.
"You." He roared as he leapt down to the man dangling from the web. Grabbing him by the cuff of his shirt Daredevil pulled his face close to his own and snorted. "Who else was in there?"

"N-n-noone man! I think there was a drunk guy in the confessional!" He blubbered. "The priest never even left his side of the booth, he was probably fessin' up some good shit! I didn't even have a problem, just walked right in and out! I swear!"
"Sounds like you should've been in that booth with 'em." Daredevil said as he shoved the man, making him swing under the light.
"D-d-dude I'm gonna be sick! All the blood's rushin' to my head man!"
"Good luck with that." Daredevil said to him as he strolled off and into the church.

"It's not good enough father!" Eddie Brock roared. "Why can't I get rid of this demon! This thing!" He pulled at the black shirt ripping it off his skin. It expanded like plastic wrap...well more like some kind of rubber band, but it snapped back onto his skin with a threatening hiss.
"Son, the demon inside you is easily destroyed if you simply accept Christ back into your good gr-"
"It's not enough!" He screamed, almost crying. He banged on the door of the confessional.

Daredevil could see all of this of course from just the door. Well not "see", his accident had caused him to be unable to use that God-given sense. Instead he heard the vibrations of Brock's fist pounding onto the door, the pitch of their voices indicated how far away from the walls and eachother they were, and their heart beats, blood pressure, twitches, and even scents, each gave him all the information he would need to find them again, if he ever needed to. Everyone has their own twitches and rhythms just like everyone has their own fingerprints, and Daredevil's enhanced senses allowed him to find all of those, and more.

"Son, you best leave the father alone now, it's awfully late." He wasn't sure what to expect, but he knew it couldn't be good. "Let's take a breather, step out, maybe get some fresh air."

"We don't need that...." A voice said from behind the door. This wasn't the same voice he heard screaming before though. It was raspier, and almost deeper at the same time. It was as if he was hearing the young man from before...with another deeper voice saying his same words at the same time.
"We?" Daredevil asked. "Who is we?" He could "feel" the vibrations and he knew from his radar that the mass of the man inside had suddenly, and drastically, changed.
"We...we are your doom. We are your demon. We are what is going to eat you up and spit you back out. We are fear..."
"That's good..." Daredevil said slowly as he crept to the door, his billy clubs clutched tightly. His superbly enhanced concentration allowed him to peer through the wood with his radar and he did not like what was waiting for him. This was not human. He almost wished he hadn't told Spider-Man to head back. "That's good, because I'm the man without fear..."
"We are more than just fear. We. Are. Venom!" The voice hissed as the door exploded open, shards of wood flying about the church. Daredevil kicked the door the father was in open and yanked him out.
"Confessions over father! Time to go!" He ran to the door and threw the father out onto the steps. "Get the police!" He yelled. He slammed the doors shut and barely had enough time to lock them when suddenly Venom came flying from behind him roaring and drooling everywhere. Grabbing Daredevil with both hands he shoved him against the door.
"We will eat your brainsss!" It gurgled to him, saliva spilling onto his shoulder.
"Rather you not." Daredevil said as he high-kicked Venom in the abdomen and then using the momentary distraction to push himself up and over Venom. Dropping down to the floor Daredevil weeped Venom's feet out from under him. With a boom the monster fell to the tiled floor and growled.
"We do not like putting off our dinner!" It hissed to him.

[[TBC... This is gonna be very long. I have huge, huge plans brewing you guys are gonna love this. Lots of cameos, lots of faves dropping in, maybe even some unfriendly faces!]]

[Edited on 26/10/08 by Ult_Sm86]

[Edited on 2/5/09 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

that's it?? MOAR dood.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

"We...we are your doom. We are your demon. We are what is going to eat you up and spit you back out. We are fear..."
"That's good..." Daredevil said "because I'm the man without fear..."
That's just precious!

And this little gem perfectly captures Spidey's voice: Especially when I just got back from whooping Boomerang's bank spree, which took way too long, and I'm putting myself in time-out for later.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

"We will eat your brainsss!" It gurgled to him, saliva spilling onto his shoulder.
"Rather you not." Daredevil said as he high-kicked Venom in the abdomen and then using the momentary distraction to push himself up and over Venom. Dropping down to the floor Daredevil weeped Venom's feet out from under him. With a boom the monster fell to the tiled floor and growled.
"We do not like putting off our dinner!" It hissed to him.
"Well your reservation is-" Daredevil struck Venom right across the face, knocking out some of his teeth, "canceled!" The symbiote hissed and lunged again for Daredevil, scraping at his chest. He barely had time to leap out of the way, the scratch cutting through his suit and leaving scratches across his breast.

Daredevil threw his billy club into Venom's face, making it bounce back and into Daredevil's hand. The creature screeched and clutched where the club has smashed.
"Fool!" it roared as it ran towards him again. Wasn't very smart was it? Quick, but not sma-
Venom grabbed Daredevil by his leg and threw him into the pews. Leaping into the air he landed ontop of the hero as he tried to get his bearings. His sensory projection was askew, as if the monster was some sort of un-sensible beast. Venom grabbed Daredevil's head and smashed it through one of the pews.
"You will die!" it growled to him. Suddenly there was a great loud sound, like a gong. Or... yes, a church bell!

"Hold on Murdock!" Spider-Man cried from the church's steeple. He pulled on the rope making the bell ring-out. Venom grabbed the sides of his head and screeched.
"Hsssss-raaaaarrrrr!" Is screeched and screamed in pain. Daredevil too writhed in pain, the vibrations from the bell too close and too loud. But he knew it was hurting Venom more. Forcing himself to his feet he grabbed the beast by the shoulder and began to slug him repeatedly in the head.
Finally the creature slumped to the floor and the black, moving goo that made up it's shape slithered away, like a snake or spider, and disappeared behind the young man's back. Daredevil flipped him over but nothing was there. Just the hardwood floor.

"You okay?" Spider-Man asked as he dropped down. "Good thing I stuck around huh?" He picked Eddie up by the feet. "I'm gonna go bring this guy to Fury, thanks for buttering him up!" He shot Daredevil a thumbs up and dragged the unconscious jackass out the church. "Oh by the way!" He called back to his ally, "That guy didn't have gun residue on his fingers, I went back to make sure. He never fired his gun man! Someone else did, sorry to throw you off!" He waved and kicked open the doors. Heaving Brock over his shoulder he shot a web into the dark and disappeared, again.

"Stupid!" Daredevil said, kicking a hunk of the pew aside. "Stupid! Stupid!" He should've smelled that, or heard it, someone's heart beat always changes when they fire a gun. He was too pissed though, let his anger at Spider-man get in the way of protecting people. Looks like the night still wasn't over, he still had to find who fired that gun. Daredevil took off his mask and felt the warm sun peering over the city. Sun rise was here now. Whoever shot that gun wasn't going to be here anymore. Or anywhere near here either. He'd have to wait until tomorrow night.

As Murdock threw on his mask and walked out of the wreck he had made of the church, he was unaware that a little black glob was stuck to the bottom of his boot. A little black glob that would bide its time and wait...just as it had before. This one was also special, this one could be used as well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three bar fights in one night was a good night for Logan. He was never actually "thrown" out of bar, just asked to leave before anyone else got hurt. Tonight he had three good fights in a row and caught himself enough whiskey in between them to walk back to the mansion, leaving his bike behind. He'd find it in the morning if anyone took it. It was easy to sniff out.

As Logan stumbled through one of his short cuts in a dark alley he heard his X-communicator go off. He pushed the large metal "X" that acted as both a microphone and speaker that was pinned to his jacket.
"Logan. What now?"
"Mein freund, when do you plan on coming home?" Kurt chirped on the other line.
"Sometime between now and when I arrive probably. What do you want Elf?"
"Could you perhaps pick up Ali and Warren and I some of those cheap donuts at the local Goodie-Mart?" He asked. "We're having a bit of a late night rumbly, and it appears you ate the box. Before you left. Tonight."
Logan realized the point they were making and grunted. "Powdered or -"
"Powdered." He heard all three respond from the other line.
"Awesome." Logan turned the corner and stepped into the first quick-stop store he came across. It didn't really matter which one he got 'em at. As he opened the door he sluggishly made for the back aisle, being sure to pick up a case of beer as well. He walked to the desk and put the donuts and beer on the table.

The clerk stood there, frozen.
"You got a problem bub?" Logan asked.
"N-n...no it's just..."
"It's just what?" Logan said, moving the toothpick in his mouth to the other side as he leaned on the table. "You need my I.D. or somin'?"
Logan then smelled it. Adrenaline, sweat, fear, pouring from the desk clerk. He turned around and saw a man in a mask holding a gun to his forehead.
"Yo punk you better put your face to the desk man, because I ain't shittin' around! I'm the Prowler sucker, and I'm gonna fuck you up old man if you mess this gig up for me." He yelled behind his ridiculous purple mask.
"Uh-huh." Logan nodded. "Shoot me or I'm going to really make you want to regret even walking in here."

The man was clearly shaking now. "Sh-sh-shit man, I'll shoot you don't think I won't." He set the trigger and pushed the gun against Logan's temple.
"You know what's weird bub?"
"What's that old man!?" The worried voice said.
"You have no idea what I am capa-" The man took the gun off Logan's forehead and pointed it at the clerk. He was about to pull the trigger when a bright pink card, an Aces of Hearts, flew through the air and lodged itself in the man's gun, bursting it apart in a bright pink and purple explosion. "Gah!" The man fell back and Logan caught him by the cuff of his shirt and slammed his head onto the desk.
"Call the cops." He said gruffly to the clerk. Grabbing one can of soda and the donuts he ran out the door. He looked to the left and the right, but there was no one.
He could smell the charge though, the scent of ...dirt... and spicy foods...and cheap cologne. It was him, somehow. He was definitely back. "Gumbo." He muttered under his breath. Best not tell Rogue Logan thought to himself. It might upset her...
Logan made a mental note to go sniffing for him the next morning. This dirtbag had some answers to give up before Logan slit his throat and ended him for good.

[much more to come stay tuned!]

[Edited on 25/5/08 by Ult_Sm86]
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Interesting development. Cant wait to see where it leads.
ImageImage

wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Why does venom make me think of the things from Pitch Black? o.O Otherwise, nicely done thus far.
(Some sfx clues, though: Hiss-raarrr rarely makes the audience tremble in fear.)
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

that's true, and i felt the same way when I read that exact wording in Ultimate (:LMAO) I'm trying to stay true to the Ultimate series, or as best as possible
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Made a new edit...though...i supposed I could've just put it here now that I'm already double posting but I figured it wasn't fair to constantly make updates for a long ass fic three or four posts apart everytime. :hypno
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GAMBIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:dance:dance:gambit:dance:dance:dance
ImageImage

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The Next Night...
Wake up.
Matt Murdock stirred in his sleep and shook off his bed sheets.
Wake up Matthew.
He shook his head furiously. He was dreaming... it was a terrible dream too. A nightmare. He was on the side of the ring, calling out to his father.
"You do it Da'! You do it!" He screamed, throwing his fist up. "Hit him, hit him hard!"
His father was the original Man Without Fear. The Daredevil Brooklyn Brawler, throwing out punches that no one could dodge, dodging punches that no one else could. He was untouchable, unfathomable, and he was dead. But not now, not in the dream Matt was having.

Matt saw his father stumble. This never happened, his father didn't stumble in the ring. "Da, watch out!" He roared to him. He could see it all, he wasn't blind anymore, he was six, and just as scared as he had been back when he was a kid to watch his father box. A large man was hitting him, pounding his face in. He was cornering Murdock's father, being so huge there was no way to get around. It was a large man, an evil large man. It was Wilson Fisk.
"Da! Look out he's gonna kill you!" But it was too late. Fisk pulled out a gun and blew a hole right through Jack Murdock's skull.
"Daaaaaaaaaaaaad!" He screamed. The blood that poured out of his fathers skull as his limp body slapped against the made splattered against Matthew's face. It was black, sticky, and tingly. It started stretching across Matt's face.
"No! N-no! Stop! Get off!" he shook it and pulled at it but it started spreading. The black goo was consuming him, taking him over. The last thing he saw before he plunged into the total blackness was Wilson Fisk's face grinning.

Matt Murdock awoke. He looked around to a room filled with armed men all pointing guns at him.
"Honestly Matthew, have you lost it?!" Fisk roared. He looked up and saw Wilson Fisk, in his pajamas, being held up by Murdock's very arm. But it was black, a clean deep shade of black. He looked to Fisk's wall mirror and saw a sight that terrified him.
"If someone doesn't shoot this demented man right now!" Fisk roared, "I will personally crush his skull in! This is my bed chamber da-" Murdock dropped Fisk to the floor and fled to the window. Gunshots broke out and he felt some of them beat up against his back, but it was as if they were shooting into a swamp. The bullets stopped against his skin and were sucked into the blackness of the... suit, that consumed him. He leapt out the window, shattering it, and dropped from Fisk's tower. The wind screamed past him, screeching in his ears. It was too much, too much sound.

"Skreeee!" Something inside his head, and yet still outside of him screeched. "Gah!" He grabbed his ears but suddenly they were pulled apart and clawed at the tower. It's as if something else was forcing him, using him. But the sounds, the sights. How was he seeing? What was going on? There was no radar! But still, the sounds of the city were piercing his brain. "It's too much!" He roared, hearing that screech again.

"Stop!" He yelled at the black suit. He began to tug at it, falling still. His arms kept getting pulled back until finally he clawed at his face, tearing off black and finally seeing...seeing nothing.

Then it all suddenly, very suddenly, stopped. With a bang. And then a loud ear-piercing car horn.

"Ahhhhhh!!!" He yelled, banging against the hood of the taxi he had landed on, instantly trashing. "Skrrreeeeeccccckkkrraaaaakkk!" The suit roared as well. Murdock clawed at the hood, tearing it off and throwing it into the windshield. The horn kept bleating though, draining Matt's energy and hurting his head.

The man in the long coat was walking calmly down the street when he heard a violent bang. Suddenly there was havoc all about, people screaming as they ran away from the Fisk Tower. It wasn't incredibly late at night, only about midnight, and this part of town was hopping. Well, had been hopping. Now everyone was running. A taxi cab horn was blaring and there was some kind of high pitched screeching mixed with roaring and sounds of metal being torn apart. He pushed his way through the crowd and saw it, a large black creature with horns ripping through the taxi cab. This was clearly the source of the hysteria. It appeared to be angry or irritated, almost writhing in pain. It repeatedly grabbed the side of it's head, it's ears he supposed, and would punch the engine making pieces of the car go flying. Sparks and smoke began to emote from the car. The cabby was unconscious and his head was resting against the wheel.
The man stepped out to the front of the crowd, about six feet from the trashed cab. He looked quickly to the cabby to make sure he was just unconscious. Thankfully he was still breathing. Looking up at the beast he whistled.
"Hey! Why y' so upset, mon ami? Y' ain't dat ugly." he called out.
"Hsssss.....Hellllp meeeeee...." DareVenom said as he swung his head towards the man in the coat. The crowd now was gone the streets almost totally abandoned. There were squad cars coming down the street, but the man in the long coat knew they would probably be useless, if anything muck the situation up more.
"I would, but I dunno-"
"Hsss....you can diiieee!" The creature leapt off the car, arms stretched out, screaming as it came for the man in the coat.
"Prefer not...." The man said, throwing back his coat and tossing out six playing cards from his inside pockets.
Each one lit up with a pink hue and then exploded in a puff of purple light in the DareVenom's face.

"Hkkrraaar!" DareVenom cried out.
"'Name's Gambit, an' I already died. So 'scuse me if y're threat ain't particularly titilatin'."
"Hrrraaarh!"
"Sorry, didn't quite get 'dat." Gambit said, pretending to be hard of hearing.
DareVenom vaulted again towards Gambit swiping at him. Gambit was quick though, but barely quick enough. His jacket was torn and the claws cut his arm.
"Gah!"
*Fshoom, fshoom, fshoom* He quickly flicked three more cards into DareVenom's chest, sending the creature sprawling backwards into an abandoned Caravan. Kicking the door to the taxi cab in, he flung it off and grabbed the cabby.
"Time t'go." He said, carrying him off to an alley. Setting him down Gambit turned just in time to see DareVenom rushing towards him. "Relentless!" Gambit rolled behind a car and grabbed a hold of it's back bumper. DareVenom, as Gambit predicted, landed on the roof of the car.

"Hsss...."
"Yeah, yeah." Gambit smirked. "Hiss at 'dis." Suddenly the car became a hue of pink until- *Ka-krooom!!* The car exploded. Gambit was thrown backwards into the car behind him while DareVenom burst into pink flames. Rolling on the ground the black suit screeched as it started to seep off the half naked Matt Murdock.

"Down! Down! Everybody down!" Someone from behind Gambit yelled. Suddenly men in S.W.A.T.-looking uniforms began to drop from the sky, carrying very large guns. A few of them came out of a van that screeched to a stop and those men quickly grabbed the groggy and achy Gambit.

"Gah! I know I'm a catch, but y' gotta be kiddin' me. All of y'? C'mon now. Save some for d' ladies."" Gambit said, fighting the men. They held him down and took off his coat.
"Name: Remy LeBeau. Alias: Gambit." A man said as they threw him onto his stomach and slapped handcuffs made of lasers around his wrists. "Ability: manipulate kinetic energy. Currently Deceast." The man grabbed Remy by the hair and held up his head.

"My name is General Fury and you got a lot of questions to answer Gumbo." the black man with the one eye said gruffly. "I'm taking you in and when I see you again you had better got some answers for why your croaked ass has shown back up in my country!" With that a man injected Gambit in the neck with some sort of drug.
Gambit's vision tunnled and then faded to black.

"Charles."
"Nicholas. So good to hear you again, how're we?" Xavier asked as he rolled around his office and re-organized his books, his bluetooth squaking Nick Fury's grizzly voice into his right ear.
"I would be a lot better Charles if you kept your team's life status up-to-date. I got a fresh one here, I'm gonna be bringing him by in about two hours."
"Honestly Nicholas, why must you talk about mutants like they're freshly caught fish?" Charles grinned wickedly, baiting Nicholas.
"Look Charles, this one you told us died. You said the Juggernaut bashed his head in-"
"Remy LeBeau is alive?" Charles interrupted, putting the book back down quickly. "Nicholas this could be very dangerous for a few of my students maybe it's best you not bring him by right away..."
"Yeah right, look Charles, get down here and tell me what the hell I am supposed to do with this guy. He can be kept at Triskellion, no problem, but I know you got problems with me barring up mutants so the faster you're here, the faster this works out."
Charles Xavier frowned and hung his head. "Nicholas, I got an idea. I'm bringing Logan with me, he'll be able to deem whether he's actually the Gambit you believe him to be. Apparently Logan has forgotten to tell me he might have had a run in with him recently, so the two of us will be coming by to further-"
"Save it Charles, I don't mind if Logan comes but I don't want him hanging around. Wait outside your school I'll have a S.H.I.E.L.D. vehicle join you in ten."
"Absolutely," Charles said, opening the doors with his teke. "In ten minutes then."

{{TBC...special thanks to Esy for help with Gambit. Lord knows I can't figure that accent out for CRAP}}

[Edited on 27/5/08 by Ult_Sm86]

[Edited on 28/5/08 by Ult_Sm86]
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

WHEEEEEEEE GAMBIT :D Stupid Fury. :hrumph

{you're welcome :P}
ImageImage

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I love writing this thing. This has to be one of my all time favorite fics to write. Anyone got any requests of characters you want to see appear?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

"He's Remy. I can smell him through this wall for God sakes. He's wearing more cologne than last time." Logan grunted.
"How can this be Logan?" Charles asked as he rubbed his chin. He stared with great concern into the See-Thru Mirror that held Remy LeBeau on the otherside. Remy was looking into the mirror, his arms still bound by the de-powering hand cuffs. He kept trying to shake some hair out of his eyes.
"Merde!" He said shaking the hair repeatedly.

"Yup." Logan chewed on his toothpick. "That's 'im alright."
"Good." Charles said spinning his chair around to face Nick Fury. "General, if you don't mind, Logan is going to go in there and discuss some of my terms on mutants-who-rejected-my-invitations-only-to-return-from-the-dead."
"'Course. Can't think of anyone else who'd be more suited." He said sneering at Logan.
"Yeah, yeah, keep ya panties from bunchin'." Logan said, spitting the toothpick out into the trash can as he stepped through the door and into Remy's containment cell.

[TBC]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Image of DareVenom

Courtesy of Tears!! :worship:worship
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

"Name?" Carol Danvers said sternly.
"You know this." Murdock said gruffly. "You know who I am, you know all about me, you probably know where I ate this evening...I know who you are and I know when you're following me."
Carol Danvers rolled her eyes. These supers were all the same.
"Mr. Murdock, we know perfectly damn well you know about us, but just like a Court of Law, there's procedure here and we need you to fol-"

"Matthew Murdock." He interrupted. "I was taken over by that stupid Symbiote that Parker has informed me of before. My fault, I paid the price, now let me go home."
"No." Carol Danvers said slamming her files on the metal table. The bang echoed about in the equally metal surrounding room that Daredevil was being confined to while they interviewed him. It was a standard procedure for S.H.I.E.L.D. but with double intentions. One was to get the straightest story possible and the other was to procrastinate as much as possible to keep them off the street long enough to cover up any/all damage. This was a tactic thad had been perfected via the many Hulk outbursts.

"Agent Danvers," Murdock said "I appreciate you trying to make sure I'm okay and that the symbiote suit is off of me completely, but I assure you I would know if he was on me or not in any shape or form and I really, really, do not want to be in this room anymore." He ran his hands through his thick red hair. "Please, let me out now, I've answered your questions and I-"

"You are far from answering our questions Mr. Murdock. For instance, why is it that Venom was suddenly attracted to you? Why did it so feverishly leave the side of Eddie Brock, it's until now, longtime host? If you can answer that for us, you are free to go."
Murdock slumped back in the chair.
"Exactly."

Peter Parker was quite frankly stunned to find Nick Fury standing outside of his home, alone. He had seen so little of him as of late, it was almost a complete surprise to find him waiting. However; Peter had learned better than to let Nick Fury surprise him.

"Fury! Buddy!" He called out waving.
"Save it Parker. We're talking and walking, then flying." He stepped quickly to get along Peter's side as he directed him to the other side of the street and away from the safety of his home.
"First off, can I get some confirmation you're Nick Fury?"
"You blame yourself for Harry Osborne, Gwen Stacey, and Captain Stacey's death, and quite frankly, so does S.H.I.E.L.D." He said sternly. Peter frowned.
"You're an ass hole."
"I try. Peter we have a predicament."
"If you even mention Jessica I will-"
"She's under wraps, she's fine. Tabs are kept on her daily, don't worry. This has nothing to do with clones. Yet." Peter shuddered at the yet.
"So what's it about then?"
"Venom."
"Eddie?!" Peter stopped and threw up his hands. "What?!"
"No... Venom. Venom is no longer with Eddie. He tried to bond with a masked friend of yours. Daredevil."
Peter's jaw dropped. "No way. Wait, why?"
"We were hoping you could help us with that. I'm bringing you to Triskellion. There's been some other minor problems tonight, you may run into some of the X-men. I'd prefer if you stay on task with us however, they are there for their reasons, you are there for yours."
"What if I say no?" Peter tested.
"I'll knock you out and drag you there myself." Fury assured him.
"Sounds like I don't have a choice..."
"Do you ever?"

[TBC with: All Together Now]]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

All Together Now

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

"Comprehensive coverage?!" J.J. screamed at Urich. "You call this Comprehensive coverage?! This is worse than when you were looking into boogey stories about vampires and vampire hunters! Now you want to try to-" J.J. stopped and looked him in the eyes. "Now make sure I got you straight here-try to prove that S.H.I.E.L.D. is feeding these villains like Magneto, Von Doom, and Spider-Man! By interviewing the very people! You're gonna waltz right into a secret prison!" J.J. laughed so hard that it hurt Urich's pride more than it hurt Jameson's gut.

"Sir, with all due respect, Spider-Man is one of the heroes. And as for interviewing, I'm going to find the place by using what we here call investigative reporting." Urich's face got clenched and bitter as he pointed to J.J.'s face. "And I don't need your permission to do this story! I know for a fact that this will blow the lid off the S.H.I.E.L.D. operations and maybe the people need to know what their tax dollars are really going to! Why there actually was an economic crisis! About how half these "super-villains" aren't created until super "heroes" show up. They're all connected-"
"Urich, you're mad. Not only will I not publish that story, but I don't want anything to do with you while you're writing."

Robbie finally spoke up. "Jameson, you know damn well that this story is too important to let Urich walk away with it! Don't be a dumb ass! I already know you're a stubborn one, but you don't need to be ignorant just because you're afraid of the-"
"That's enough Robbie! Urich, I want you out of this office, away from your desk, count yourself suspended. You do this article, you better quit or get fired, because you are not under my employment when it comes out! Clear?!"

Urich dropped a manilla folder on Jameson's desk. "Consider myself resigned. Pig." He walked out and slammed the glass door. Robbie shook his head and followed suit. "You just cost this publication a possible prize in journalism excellence and you let a good friend walk out the door because you're too damn afraid! You, sir, are an ass hole!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in Triskellion

"Well obviously this place had a major fixer-upper since the break out." Spider-Man pointed out as he walked by Fury's side down the long brightly-lit metal walls.
"Save it. No one cares for your sarcasm or satire. Not here."
"So they're all as happy as you then?" Spider-man asked.
Fury responded with silence.

[TBC]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

"So, mon ami, why couldn't Chuck share this wonderful news of recruitment with moi?" Gambit asked as he leaned back in his steel chair, putting his feet up on the metal table. Metal everything in a cement jail cell. This place is a horrible one to stick someone who blows stuff up, or at least that's what Logan kept saying to himself.

"'Cuz he wants me to talk to you about why you and I bumped into each other last month.." Logan grumbled as he kicked the chair out of place and caught Remy by the cuff before he could fell. Hoisting him to his feet he looked him in the eye.

"What're ya talkin' about Old Man!" Remy said, giving Logan a charged shove. "I woke up in a hos'p'al not two days 'go. How d'hell would I a'run into you?!"

Logan looked to the window and frowned. "Little help on this one Wheels."

Xavier said in Logan's head.

"You mean lyin." Gambit interjected as he pawed at his head, trying to shake the voice out.

Charles put his finger tips of each hand together and concentrated. Fury had been gone for some time now, so it was just him and a guard in the surveillance room.

Logan raised an eyebrow. "Missed what?"

Gambit looked to Logan and looked back at the screen. "Would really help if I c'see who's talkin'."

"Shut up." Logan spat. "Charles? Charles, you want to explain to me what you mean?"

Gambit looked to Logan.
"What does 'dat mean?"
"Aww... fuck." Logan's claws came out and though Remy already knew of this ability, it still startled him.
"What're ya' doin' Ole' Man!"

Logan lunged for the glass and shattered it as he broke through.
"Rraaaaarrgh!" He swiped in the open air as he saw the empty wheel chair Xavier had come into Triskellion in. And the guard helmet on the floor.

And the distinct smell of some lucky bastard.
"Gumbo, feel like makin' good on your bargain to Xavier?"
"Why's 'dat?" Gambit asked, as he calmly used the door to enter the room.
Logan sniffed the air and snorted. He turned to Gambit with an expression of anger and hostility.

"Because Longshot just captured the Professor."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile

"So that's all you know?" Daredevil asked Spider-Man.
"Look, dude, if you're going to be in that thing, and I'm going to wear this?" Spider-Man pulled at his uniform and let it go with a snap. "We gotta have a code of trust here between each other. I'm not going to lie to you about this."

Having only just gotten his uniform, instead of being ass naked as he had been for a good three to four hours, Murdock was now speaking with Spider-man as they waited in their "Comfort Cells", which were an upgrade from "holding cells" but, in all honesty, were still cells. They were still behind some kind of bars.

"Does it feel like that this scared everyone into some kind of lock down? Of supers?" Daredevil asked Spidey as he surveyed the area.

"You ask me as if I know how these people work. You do realize I can bend these bars."
"You do realize they'll electrocute you. I can hear the electricity surging inside. Some kind of elaborate metal compound. Impressive."

Spider-Man sighed as he crawled to the ceiling and hung upside down from a strand of web, rocking side to side like a pendulum.

"Why do you do that?" Daredevil asked him.
"Because it's more fun than standing there like a blind guy looking at the walls." Spider-Man stated.

*Bamf*
Spider-Man dropped to the floor and caught himself on his finger tips. Springing to the wall he prepared to launch himself for an incoming attack.

"Vait! I am here to get you both out!" Kurt Wagner shouted.
"Nightcrawler?" Spider-man asked, confused.
"Uck, what's that horrid smell?" Daredevil asked. "Smells like.... sulfur or something... is that brimstone?"

"Ja." Nightcrawler said, rather annoyed.
"You want to explain to me why you just 'bamf-ed' in here to get us both out? We're not exactly being held captive."
Daredevil snorted.
"Well, not Yet." Spider-Man finished.

"Ze professor is kidnapped by Longshot, one of Magneto's lackies."
"Again? Really?" Spider-Man said. "Why us?"
"Ze X-men were already in mission when we got ze call. Logan, Kitty, Bobby, and Pietor are all on it." Nightcrawler was clearly out of breath. "Logan told us he smelled you here Spider-Man, we need your help with another problem."

"Oh, fantastic. And what problem would this be?" Daredevil asked. "And why do you need him he's just a kid."
Nightcrawler teleported to the other side of the bars and shot Daredevil an aggravated look.
"I am a 'kid' too, and yet we have the decency to leave our 12 block radius and help ze rest of the ze world. Loser."

"Okay, okay, hold on. What do you guys need me for?" Spider-Man stepped in between the blue-grey elf and the dangerous blind man.

"We were in Mexico fighting off Mutant hate groups when we got a call that right outside of the city some crazed Mutant was making trouble! I was sent here to get some info and I saw him... it's horrible! I need your help!"

"Okay?" Spider-Man looked around as if he was expecting someone to say 'Well go get 'im Peter!' "Description? Maybe I've tossed knuckles with 'im before..."

"He's big. And green. Sort of looks like a crocodile..."
"Like a Lizard?!" Spider-Man asked quickly, concern slipping in his tone.
"Yes!"
"Oh, great. Connors." Daredevil slapped his forehead. "I'm coming. He might need a lawyer at the end of this."

"Deal. Let's go..." Spider-Man looked to Nightcrawler. "Do your thing..."

There was a loud bamf, a puff of purple and black smoke, and the three were gone.

Needless to say, the guard for S.H.I.E.L.D. watching the cameras that day was fired.

[TBC]
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Daredevil crumpled to the ground as the instantaneous teleportation process ended and he quickly released his stomach's contents to the dirt beneath him. Wiping his mouth with the back of his arm, he shuddered at all the sensations and scents and general confusion that he was picking up on.

"You okay?" Nightcrawler asked, bending over and touching Daredevil's back.
"Yeah..." he said, shrugging the three fingered hand off. "I don't think I should do that again though..." He didn't feel like describing what he was going through, but it wasn't good. Uck, and that brimstone!

"I sense him!" Spider-Man said with a hushed tone. "I think he went into the marsh over there... Nightcrawler can you?" There was the sound of a bamf followed by a series of other bursts of teleportation in the surrounding area.

"No sight of him!" Nightcrawler said, teleporting back to Spider-Man's side.
"He's under the water..." Daredevil said, holding his head with both his hands. "It's only about shin, maybe knee deep, but I can see him scurrying around down there."

"You can see?" Nightcrawler questioned.
"I'll explain some other time. Or won't, whatever."

Spider-Man zipped to the tree limbs and waited for the two to follow him.
"Where is he? And by the way, this is way over compensation, you know you could have easily handled this guy, right Nightcrawler?"

"Really?" He asked, now feeling a little stupid. "I honestly was scared, I haff never seen anything like this before. He didn't feel like a mutant to me... just something in his eyes."

"Yeah, that's not Doc Connors right now, I'll confirm tha-" Daredevil put his hand over Spider-Man's mask, where his mouth would be.
"He's coming up!"

As Daredevil predicted, Lizard's head emerged from the waters.
"Pounce?" Spider-Man asked.
"Pounce??" Daredevil retorted, a confused expression beneath his mask.
"Bamf!" Nightcrawler exclaimed. And as quickly as he had said it, Nightcrawler was gone in a puff of black and purple smoke. Daredevil coughed and cleared his throat.

Nightcrawler appeared right above the Lizard and landed on his back. Instantly the animalistic instincts of Connors kicked in and he began to thrash about, but Kurt already had a grasp around his jaws and had wrapped his prehensile tail around The Lizard's, the two tails wrestling for control.

"I haff him in a hold! Someone do something else!" He called.
"Rocks, paper, scissors?" Spider-Man asked Daredevil.
"Child." He spat back.
Elegantly and with grace and style to which no one Spider-Man knew, Daredevil flew from the limbs of the tree and after a few trapeze-esque stunts, landed both the flats of his boots firmly into The Lizard's belly. With a hiss and a roar, the claws came out and latched onto Nightcrawler's back, flipping him through the air and into Daredevil.

"Mooks." Spider-Man said to himself, webbing down and connecting his fist to Lizard's jaw. There was a gurgle from the beast as it grabbed Spider-Man's ankle.
"Whoa-now!" Spider-Man shot a ball of web into the eyes of Connors and landed a firm fist onto the top of his head. After what Peter would later say was a nifty back flip, Spider-Man landed in the water and searched his belt for the antidote that Connors had given him in a shatter-proof cartridge to insert into his web-shooter, complete with stinger. As he found the correct pouch, a sudden sensation of 'get-the-fuck-outta-there' came over him, which was strange because both Kurt and Murdock were currently tussling with Connors and the tail of that erratic monster was no near him. So why were his feet moving when he wasn't-
Oh.
Hydro-Man.

'Course! was the last thing Spider-Man thought as he was pulled under the water and the unforgettable face and shape of Hydro-Man showed its form beneath the surface, wrestling him to stay under.
You have got to be kidding me! What the hell is going on today!

[TBC]