The Nightscrawlers FV&TTT Summer Writing Challenge Poll!!!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!

Total votes: 0

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi Everyone! :wave

Welcome to the Nightscrawlers FV&TTT Summer Writing Challenge Poll! :D The entries are in and now it's your turn to vote for your favorite story. As always, the winner of this poll will receive a specially created banner that will link directly to the winning entry.

Not all the entries were completely finished, so I'm afraid I can't include those stories in the poll. I will include them in the entry list, though. Our authors submitted some truly great stuff for this challenge, and I think it all deserves to be showcased.

Here is the list of stories submitted for this challenge. The ones marked are unfinished but still very much worth the read. :read

Battle By The Numbers by Angelique

Devil's Plaything by steyn

Shadow Play by BlueVelvet14

Natural Selection* by Love das flockige

We Never Sleep* by Saint Kurt

This poll will close in two weeks, so be sure to get your votes in by September 15! That's when the winner will be announced and a new Halloween Challenge will be posted. Stay Tuned!

Thank you to everyone who entered for all the effort and hard work you put into your stories! And best of luck to those of you who made it to the poll! :D :D

:bamf
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Steyn and I are running neck and neck! The suspense!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

My life has been, erm, crazy lately, but I hope to have time to finish reading the entries (poll-worthy and unfinished). I always enjoy the Challenges even though I don't enter them any more. And for myself, I usually enjoy OC's and their interactions with The Fuzzy One. Guess I get bored with all the Marvel characters after a while. I mean, you can only watch people die or go psychotic so many times before it gets to be passé. *rude snicker*

Thanks, Rowena, and all who entered, for giving this ol' gal a chance to read some FUN stuff once in a while.

BTW, all you current Challenge authors (of finished or unfinished stories), d'you have a problem if I burn your entries to a disc so that I can read them in privacy on my ancient computer in another room? I'm not going to, like, sell them or anything. You can U2U me if it's okay or not.

[Edited on 4/9/08 by Elfdame]
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

you can copy mine as much as you want, but the minute you sell it, I want royalties, woman!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Would that be in the form of beer, or cash? I can find a way to bill Marvel, as you borrowed their copywrited characters. Heh, heh.

So, we pick a continent in between us and meet there for a beer, a'right? Mine with lime, if you please.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I'll accept royalties for this delivered by a blue guy in a tux.

Have at it, and enjoy!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Angelique:
Fine, as long as I get to sit in his lap.

{Note to self: find blue fur outfit and tux in Hubby's size.}

Thx.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Okay, just to let you all know, participating in these challenges has been a blast, and I will miss it very much, even if I haven't actually won one. Please note that I've never participated in any other site's fic challenges for a reason. All the best are here! (I do believe a couple of my challenge entries which I posted elsewhere might have helped get me noticed. The big companies won't read that stuff of course, but the smaller ones, on the other hand....)

I hope that, as I take my writing different directions, you will still be able to see some of what you have, if I may be so bold as to say, enjoyed in my fic, as well as some improvement.

I know I will continue to find inspiration from my kids and their enthusiastic support, from the wonderful creative sounding board I married and his mother, from my cousin, who said quite simply "The world needs more superheroes," from my increasingly bizarre collection of resources like "The Physics of Superheroes" and "The Science of the X-Men," from Paty and her pep talks, and of course my favorite fuzzy blue muse and his friends.

Just because I won't be posting fic any more, however, doesn't mean I'll be a stranger on FV&TTT. Of course I'll keep everyone posted when I'll have stuff coming out.

Most of all, I want to say thanks for the fun, thanks for the challenge, and thanks for the opportunity to bow out with writing a scenario involving Nighty in a tux with a dozen roses. You deserve them all.

:beer

BlueVelvet14
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BlueVelvet14 »

oo! steyn's winnin! watch out! (exclamation fun!!!!!)
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Drat ... we've had sick grandkids and sick hubby and grandkid birthdays and wet weather (no hurricanes, but still helped us discover a hole in the roof, *sigh*) and all kinds of other distractions. I'm going to have to ignore my Beloved and hie myself unto my private space to read so I can vote.

Oh, the suspense!

Although it seems Steyn is ahead. At the mo.

Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Hi everyone!

Don't forget, tomorrow is the last day to get your votes in before the poll closes and the winner is announced! A new Halloween challenge will be posted on Tuesday, so vote while you can! :D

:bamf
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei