A Portrait of Kitty, THE NIGHTSCRAWLERS FV&TTT HALLOWEEN WRITING CHALLENGE!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

It was a cheerless day. The sky was a dreary gray, and the ocean waves washed listlessly upon the sandy shore.

Piotr walked out to the beach, carrying a folding chair and a sketch pad. He shook out the chair and sat upon it, then placed the sketch pad upon his knee. He took a pencil from his shirt pocket, and began to draw.

First he drew an eye. It was a sad eye. A lost and lonely eye. An eye, the original of which was, at that moment, speeding into outer space inside a gigantic silver bullet. Piotr sighed. He sketched Kitty’s beautiful little nose. Piotr gazed at it sadly. A tear dropped on the paper. Piotr hastily wiped it off.

“Nice picture, Petey!” Logan clapped a hand on Piotr’s left shoulder.

“Very beautiful, Piotr.” said a soft voice, as a fuzzy hand gently clasped his right shoulder.

“Thank you, my friends.”

“Wanna beer?” asked Logan, indicating the large cooler he had lugged down to the beach.

“No thank you, Logan. I just wish to be alone for a while.”

“Sure thing. Wallow in your…urf! Whatcha do that for, Elf? Oh! Right. Jeeze, you’re insensitive, Elf. Let’s leave Petey alone. Catch ya later, Petey.” and Kurt and Logan left Piotr to his sorrow. They set up shop a few yards away from Piotr. He watched as Logan thumped the large cooler on the sand and Kurt shook out two folding beach chairs. As they settled in with their beer, Piotr returned his attention to his drawing and miserable musing.

The wind was blowing gently from the North, and it blew Kurt and Logan’s voices over to where Piotr sat sketching:

“I found blue fur on my soap this morning, Elf.”

“So?”

“Are ya molting?”

“Birds molt. Animals shed. I do neither.”

“Baloney! That wasn’t my blue fur on the soap this morning.”

“At least I take baths.”

“How about I dip you in Nair?”

“How about I replace your hair gel with Super glue? I doubt you would even notice.”

Both took a drink from their respective beer bottles. They were silent for a while. Piotr had been absent-mindedly sketching Kitty’s mouth as he listened to his friend’s conversation. Why were the corners of her mouth turned up? It looked too cheerful. He had intended the mouth to look miserable, the way he felt. He pulled his eraser out of his pocket to correct it.

“Oktoberfest is this weekend. Do you want to go?”

“No! Last year you wore those God-awful tight leather short shorts. Even worse, you polka’d in them. The beer didn’t make up for it.”

“They are called ‘lederhosen’.” said Kurt.

“Yeah? And that means ‘tight leather short shorts’”. Logan snarked.

“The ladies liked them. I danced with some very pretty young frauleins. Besides, you wore a skirt to the Renfaire last month.”

“It ain’t a skirt! It’s a KILT!” said Logan. “I only wore it ‘cause ’Ro told me I looked good in it an’ the ladies liked it, didn’t they?”

Kurt and Logan were silent for a minute, drinking their beer, then Logan said,

“Seems to me Elf, that you were trying to look up my skirt…I mean kilt.”

“I was merely wondering what you wear under a kilt.”

“And ya found out, didn’t ya?”

“Unfortunately…yes. You seem to make a habit of wearing dresses. Didn‘t you wear a kimono once?”

“Why…I oughta….”

“What? Look up my skirt? I don’t wear a skirt. I wear tight leather short shorts, remember?”

“I oughta tie a knot in your tail, you wiseacre! Speaking of dresses, I hear you once wore a red dress, AND a yellow wig!”

“Who told you that?” cried Kurt.

Piotr looked around and saw that Logan was smirking smugly while Kurt looked distressed.

“I’m not telling. I also heard you danced with Brian Braddock. So…what’s the story?”

Kurt stammered, “It was…um…undercover work…..Ja…undercover work!”

Piotr chuckled to himself. He returned the pencil to his pocket and surveyed his work. This was puzzling. It wasn’t at all the portrait that he had intended to draw when he first came out to the beach. He had intended to express all the sadness and loneliness in which he had been indulging himself for the past several months, however…this portrait of Kitty looked happy, even…amused.

Piotr covered the sketch. He folded up his chair and walked over to where Kurt and Logan were once more drinking beer. He placed his beach chair next to his two friends. Logan handed him a frosty beer.

As Piotr leaned back in his chair, drinking and watching the waves in silence, he smiled to himself. It seemed that his friends had made peace. Piotr was unaware, fortunately, that Kurt and Logan were signing “thumbs up” behind his back.

[Edited on 17/10/08 by neling4]

R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Awwwwww ... so sweet. And hilarious!!! Too many gems to specify, but a few of the best:

[quote]Originally posted by neling4
"Jeeze, you’re insensitive, Elf."
“At least I take baths.”
“How about I dip you in Nair?”

“You seem to make a habit of wearing dresses. Didn‘t you wear a kimono once?”
“Why…I oughta….”
“What? Look up my skirt? I don’t wear a skirt. I wear tight leather short shorts, remember?”

Kurt and Logan were signing “thumbs up” behind his back.[/quote]

So nice to see a story like that. Wish I could do the beginning-middle-charactergrowth-end thing that well, and without needing fourteen freakin' pages.

Well, done, Lady, well done!!!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Thanks! :)

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Sorry to bother you, but can you give me the number and series (Uncanny, Astonishing, Ultimate, etc) in which this happens?
An eye, the original of which was, at that moment, speeding into outer space inside a gigantic silver bullet.

One of my fanficcers wants to know.

Thx!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Elfdame wrote:Sorry to bother you, but can you give me the number and series (Uncanny, Astonishing, Ultimate, etc) in which this happens?
An eye, the original of which was, at that moment, speeding into outer space inside a gigantic silver bullet.

One of my fanficcers wants to know.

Thx!
Elfdame, It happened in the Astonishing X-Men series. I didn't read the entire series, but I did buy this issue, which was the culmination of the bullet saga:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/sh ... dAuto=4436