who wants me to illustrate their story?

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

well? would you like me to illustrate your story in comic form? ;)

here's the catch. i am putting together a portfolio to mail to companies and bring to cons. i need several short stories! they should be written in comic script form, between 3 and 5 pages. peerferably silent but one 'talky' script is still needed to prove i can do talking heads and keep it interesting.

Crawler is already doing one for me, with Nightcrawler, and Stormwatch is doing a Stacy/Chamber buddy story for me, and i have a Spider-Man story from Marvel's website. but i need more! i probably wont use all the stories for every portfolio, but practice is practice and different stories will be better suited to different situations. Crawlers is a giant fight scene, SW's is comedy, i need one 'real life' story with no costumes no fights, no superheroics. i need a team story, and i need a 'talky' story....
Rex Luscus
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Rex Luscus »

Hey, I'm working from that Spider-man plot right now, too! Yeah, Mister Hyde! We should show them to each other when we finish, just to see how the other one conceived it.

I'd be happy to write a three-page (or were you looking for a six-page) plot for you! Maybe we could trade! I posted this over at the 'Workshop' at X-Fan but didn't get any responses: I just think it's valuable to work from someone else's plot because they won't be tempted to give you 'easy' stuff to draw. Writing your own plot, especially if you don't have much experience, is like playing tennis without the net! :D

-Rex
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

bamfette, go to the fuzzy picture three toed antics thing, i'm working on a story, and i think it would be a very good plot. Telleme what you think!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

oops, sorry bamette, it's in off-topic antics.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

the story so far is now in Fuzzy visions and etc...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Rex Luscus
Hey, I'm working from that Spider-man plot right now, too! Yeah, Mister Hyde! We should show them to each other when we finish, just to see how the other one conceived it.

I'd be happy to write a three-page (or were you looking for a six-page) plot for you! Maybe we could trade! I posted this over at the 'Workshop' at X-Fan but didn't get any responses: I just think it's valuable to work from someone else's plot because they won't be tempted to give you 'easy' stuff to draw. Writing your own plot, especially if you don't have much experience, is like playing tennis without the net! :D

-Rex
:D yeah we should definatley show them to eachother. but i dunno how writing from a plot written by me would help ya. i suck. that's why i'm getting *other* people to write them for me :p i could give it a try tho... i may be able to do it sicne it should be silent and my big hang up is dialogue... i'll have to tihing about it :D
Rex Luscus
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Rex Luscus »

Originally posted by Bamfette
i may be able to do it sicne it should be silent and my big hang up is dialogue... i'll have to tihing about it :D
Whatever, don't worry about it. I'd still love to write a couple plots for you. :D I'm happy to do any kind of plot ... team, humor, "ordinary folks", whatever. Just let me know what you need to flesh out your portfolio, and name the characters you want to use.

-Rex
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

hmmm... i think i will try and do one for you, but no promises on quality :laugh: i think i would be most comfortable with a fight scene as that is very visual, my kinda thing. one of the few things i write well. (i used to write... i wrote damn well actually... i had 10 chapters of a novel finished. but i am sadly out of practice)

lets see. well since most everyone i have asked so far is an x-Men fan, i am getting a lot of X-Men stories thrown at me which is cool and all as i looove the X-Men, but i think it would be good to show a bit more diversity :laugh: so surprise me. writeme something non-x-men that i may even have to *gasp* research. batman, iron man, avengers, thor, wildcats, something completely made up, whatever, i don't care :p
Rex Luscus
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Rex Luscus »

Okay, will do. I'll e-mail the plot to you (it'll probably be 3-4 pages) by tomorrow at the latest. I'll surprise you with the subject... :)

:bamf:

-Rex
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by BlueJubatus »

does it have to be a humanoid subject?;)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

thanks Elwing!

and no, not necessarily. i am doing one based on a short story in The Goblin Companion.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I e-mailed ya a little something...which I wrote just for ya...but I won't be upset if ya don't wanna use it...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BamfKat »

Okay Bamfette, I emailed you a MS Word doc with the script we discused. This has been a lot of fun. You know where to find me if there is a question or problem. :bamf:
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

i no mine ain't too good yet, i'm gonna try to at least get ruft draft done before camp, but like Nandireya said, i won't be upset if you don't use it!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by BamfKat
Okay Bamfette, I emailed you a MS Word doc with the script we discused. This has been a lot of fun. You know where to find me if there is a question or problem. :bamf:
wow, GREAT script!! :D thank you so much, i love it. :D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Nandireya
I e-mailed ya a little something...which I wrote just for ya...but I won't be upset if ya don't wanna use it...
and as i already said in the e-mail, great stuff ;) Ultimate Nighty! :D
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BamfKat »

thanks for the encouragement, I had fun working up this story! Boy, limiting it to 5
pages was a challenge! I have a new respect for the writers and artists who do this for a living. ;)
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

i just realized mine is like 7 to 10 pages long, sorry! I'll try to shorten it, but... might not happen. ::(:
(I hope that's a face, cuz it will look stupid to have some mumbo jumo cluttering after the word happen...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

yah it is!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

i can't use yours bamfman, it needs to be silent, BamfKat's and Nandireya's both have no one speaking in thier scripts at all, and i am using a story by Slarti for my single solitary script with talking in it
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

ok... good, that makes me happy, i can't shrink down to 5 pages, I only have it down to 6...PHEW! If you think i was going to be sad don't worry I'm not! It would've been cool to see it all drawn, but I try to take my time writing! o well, nother day, nother chane
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

We are gonna get to see 'em when they're done, right? :oops:
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
bepalin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by bepalin »

Yeah! Please oh please share with the less talented!!
:read::?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

but of course! :) now i just have to get my butt in gear and actually do it.. :p