And the survey says...

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

And the survey says...

Post by Bamfette »

posted by the ever so talented Slarti:

Okay, theres no survey yet, but thats what this thread is for!
For months Ive had a teaser up on my website for my newest fan fic epic, Cat and Mouse. Well, now Im 70 pages into the story and know where its going. The question is: Is there an audience for it?

So posted below is an extended teaser. Its from near the beginning of the story, and doesnt give away quite as much as it may seem -- so no worries there. :^D

Ill slap some of my authors notes up as well to give this snippet some extra context.

Now... feel special yall, cause so far only one other person has even seen this much of the story. ;^)

Authors notes: Ive gotten many requests over the last couple years to do a regular continuity Kitty and Kurt story. It seems people are of two camps about their relationship: 1- They are friends and/or adopted brother and sister and should stay that way. 2- Theyre made for each other and should get married and have lots of blue phasing kids.

Im ambivalent about the whole thing myself.

So, since Ive read many fics that detail their adventures as a couple, I decided to do something different.

Kitty and Kurt are close friends, and sometimes the lines between love and friendship are hard to define. What are those lines? What happens when the lines blur? Who gets hurt? Do friends stay friends when the big "L" word butts in?

Lets find out.

Continuity note: This is set after Kurt, Kitty and Peters return to the team from Excalibur, but before the Hunt for Xavier began. Operation Zero Tolerance -- the U.S. government-sanctioned attempt to eradicate mutants -- wasnt that long ago and the mansion is trashed as usual. At that time, the team loosely consisted of Storm, Wolverine, Kitty, Kurt, Peter, Marrow and Cecilia Reyes, however, the team fluctuated a bit around this time with comings and goings, so Ive included some and excluded other team members.

Excerpt: Cat and Mouse
From Part I - Swinging the Cat
Disclaimer: Dont own em, never will, not making any money.
Rating: This, PG or PG-13ish, the finished project however is a definite R.

"Oh, come on, you can do better than that!" Kitty whirled in a roundhouse kick, bringing Bobby Drake down yet again. They had been at it for a quarter of an hour as the raging storm outdoors had kept them all pinned inside. The oppression of the empty mansion and rising humidity had put them all on edge and Kitty had thought practicing in the former Danger Room would help them to work off frustrations and aggressions.

Well, Kitty thought, its helping me. But I dont think Bobby likes hand-to-hand combat without powers too much. She stepped back from the Iceman, waiting for him to regain his feet.

"I wasnt trained in this crap, Kitty," Bobby puffed, trying to regain a fighting stance. "I build ice slides and whiz around giant steel ping-pong balls. Not this."

"Oh bull, you just fight like a girl."

"You just fight like a psycho!"

Kitty grinned wickedly in agreement, assuming a simple defensive stance. "Look, since we dont have a Danger Room anymore, we gotta make do. Here, do what I do."

Bobby copied her pose, eying Kitty with suspicion. "Okay. Now what?"

"Now you try to stop me," she replied, switching to offense and startling him with a cuff to his ear.

"Ow!" Bobby ducked, just a hair too slow, and reeled back from her. "Hey! I wasnt ready." Bobby turned to their audience of Marrow and Kurt and spread his hands in entreaty. "Can I get a little backup here, guys?"

"Moron." Marrow rolled her eyes, sick of watching. "I dont know why you have to practice this in my room." She fingered a bone, grinning evilly. "Besides, I could just skewer you all before you come at me with that kung-fu shit."

Kitty relaxed, turning her attention to Sarah and ignoring the Morlocks comment about her possesion of the former Danger Room. "What if you cant use your powers? You could have inhibitors on, then what?"

"Id still gut you, pretty Kitty," Sarah sneered.

Kitty stamped on her temper. "Then why dont you try?" She smiled sweetly, ignoring Kurts warning glare.

"I just mi-"

"I just... want... the Danger Room back," Bobby wheezed, placing a hand on Kittys arm and grinning pathetically. "Come on, girls, cant we all just get along?"

Kitty laughed, deciding to ignore Marrows antagonism and break the tension. "Wuss. We didnt need no stinkin Danger Room in Excalibur, right Kurt?"

"Thats true." Kurt laughed, straightening from his crouch against the wall. "Lets show them how we do things across the pond."

Kurt traded places with Bobby, who slumped against the wall gratefully. "Good, I wanna see you kick his ass now," he chuckled, wiping his face with a towel.

Kitty eyed him dubiously. "No porting, Fuzzy."

"I wouldnt dream of it," Kurt replied, bowing to her in the traditional Japanese style, but with a slight foppish flourish of his hand. "My honor would permit no less than complete compliance."

"Right," she grinned, returning the bow. She took up an offensive stance, trying to remember if she had ever really sparred with Kurt before. Even though they shared the same martial arts background, while in England she had generally only practiced with Rachel, or later, Meggan and Cerise.

They started simultaneously, circling and watching for opportunities. Kitty rushed him, hoping to bowl him over like she had Bobby. He didnt bother with a defense, just sidestepping her attack and allowed her momentum to carry her past him. Then he attacked.

Kitty forced him back, but didnt gain much ground. She was very good, her discipline ingrained in her by Logan and years of practice. But Kurt had also been trained by Logan, and he had a natural advantage in his agility.

Looking for an opening, she remembered the time she and Meggan had come home from a day of shopping to find him beating the hell out of some practice targets outside Excalibur headquarters. He had told her that day that just because he didnt usually use offensive martial arts didnt mean he couldnt.

A few weeks later he had waded through a roomful of British government Warpies, without his powers, to save her and Cerise from the force-mutated creatures. She had seen him and the losers afterward and had been amazed he could be so vicious. She was suddenly glad they were friends. "I sometimes forget how good at this you really can be," she panted.

He grinned, backing off from her for a moment to puff himself. "Danke. Had enough then?"

"Not even close."

"Hah! Then lets go!"

She kicked, missing her mark as he jumped back from her. He returned her kick as she spun around to regain her balance. She phased instinctively, allowing his foot to pass through her and overbalance him. "Oops!" She laughed.

He turned his fall into a controlled tumble, coming back up to grab her arm faster than she thought he could. "Oh, so no powers only means me, eh?"

He flipped her before she could phase free and she decided phasing wasnt as fun as taking him down with her. She caught his ankle with her free hand, jerking as hard as she could. He went down on his back with a startled yelp and she scrambled up, tackling him before he could sit up.

He caught her, using his greater weight to flip her onto her back and pin her arms, pressing her into the mat. "Gotcha, Kaetzchen," he laughed, planting a loud kiss on her forehead. "Now what you gonna do?"

"What indeed," she replied, contemplating her next move. She had a leg in between his, but was disinclined to knee her friend in the groin and turn the play serious. His thigh was pressed tight against her groin though, and she felt an unexpected thrill run though her. She was suddenly very aware of his chest heaving against hers and his face just inches from hers. Her gaze locked on his smiling lips and her impulse was to kiss them. Hard.

No! What the hells wrong with me? She struggled for control, wrenching her eyes to his. Kurts playful grin melted away and she saw confusion turn to hurt in those eyes as he misread her expression. "Wait," she started, but he was gone in a puff of sulfur.

He reappeared standing in front of her as she sat up. He offered her a hand up, his lips tight and eyes remote. She stared at the proffered hand for a moment, trying to think of an explanation. His face hardened further and she grabbed his hand, belatedly realizing she had just made the situation worse.

"Im sorry," he said, not meeting her eyes. "I got carried away a bit."

"N-no, thats not it..." She trailed off, unsure of how to continue.

"Its okay. I... I should be helping Peter clean up, anyway. Ill see you later." And he disappeared in another cloud of brimstone.

Kitty stood still for a moment, her eyes locked on the spot where Kurt had been. "Goddammit!" She yelled, her voice echoing against the bare metal walls. She turned on her heel and walked stiff-legged to the door without a backward glance at her two startled spectators.

"That was smooth." Sarah snorted at Kittys back.

Bobby peeked at her from under his towel, his eyebrows hovering near his hairline. "So thats how they did things across the pond, huh?"

>*<

After a long, and very cold, shower, Kitty was feeling more like herself and even more guilty. She dripped water from her hair onto the slick floor all the way to the new elevator from the re-installeded Danger Room showers, not caring a bit. Her costume was rolled into a ball in her arms and she choked off the desire to throw it in the nearest trash can.

What the hell is wrong with me! She knew Kurt had misread her expression as fear of him and there was no way she could tell him the truth.

For herself, she had to figure out why she had reacted to him that way. Was it just natural? Maybe his leg just hit the wrong, or exactly right, spot, and her reaction had been all biological. She hadnt had a lover since Pete Wisdom, the ex-spy she had dated in England, and maybe she would have reacted with exitement to anyone. That frightened her. Why wasnt she in better control of her impulses than that?

In all the years she had known him, she didnt think she had ever been attracted to Kurt; but he was dear to her, and male, and had been very, very close. Perhaps that was enough. But surely Im more than just an animal. Surely.

Her confusion was one matter, but the more pressing need was to make things right with her friend. When she had first came to the X-Men as a confused teen years ago, she had been terrified of Kurt. He looked like a demon right out of myth, and the circumstances of their first meeting hadnt been the best.

She had almost been killed, run down by the flunkies of the Hellfire Club. Phoenix had saved her from the men by crushing them alive in their car. Cyclops, shaken by Jeans behavior, had ordered Kurt to carry Kitty to safety. Kurt had sounded perfectly nice on the phone earlier that evening, but to a traumatized child on a dark city night he had been a nightmare.

Appearing from nowhere, he had thrown her over his shoulder and taken off straight up a wall. She didnt get a good look at him until he turned her loose on the buildings roof. That was when she lost control. Screaming her lungs out at the monster who had seemingly kidnapped her, he could say nothing to calm her. She had phased through the roof by accident, losing control of her newly-born powers, but had been happy to be away from him.

It had taken months for her to not cringe if he came near her. He had showered her with kindness and understanding, but she knew his patience was wearing thin. It took another trauma for her to accept him, and when they were wounded and left teamless and alone in England all they had was each other.

He had become one of her closest friends during their time in Excalibur, and she had regretted her behavior intensely. She had apologized to him, and put it behind her until today. And now what, Pryde?

The elevators ding broke her reverie and the doors slid open silently. She would go to her room, to think and talk to Lockheed, and seek Kurt out later. On her way to the stairs she paused at a familiar deep, gruff voice.

She smiled despite herself. Logan. She had missed his advice and reassuring presence during her time in Britain. Maybe, now that they were reunited, he could help her deal with this new problem.

A softer, accented voice answered Logans and her heart sank. Kurt was with him. Phasing, she lifted herself a bare inch off the floor to avoid Logans detection. He may have already scented her, but she wouldnt give him the chance to hear her as well. Feeling only a bit guilty about listening in, she drifted closer to the doorway.

"-was over that long ago," Kurt finished, and a hard lump formed in her throat. They were talking about her.

"I know she is, Elf. Ill bet theres another explanation. "

"I hope so. I could care less about strangers, but Kitty? ...It still hurts, Logan. And after all that time together in England I thought..."

"I know, Kurt, and she knows too." He pitched his voice louder. "Right, Punkin?"

Kittys heart almost stopped, her breath seizing in her throat. She should have known better. Feeling like a scolded child, she phased through the wall and solidified, setting down in front of Logan. "Hi."

"Hiya, Kitty." He enveloped her in a rough hug. "How ya doin?" Over his shoulder she looked at Kurt. He didnt look at her and stared off into the room, a muscle in his jaw ticking under his dark skin.

She closed her eyes, pressing her face into his neck, her costume crushed between them. "Ive been better."

"Ill bet." He released her, eyeing her up and down critically. "Well, Im starvin and you two have something to settle."

He turned to the door, looking back before he exited. "Have a beer later, Elf?"

Kurt nodded, waving half-heartedly to Logan, and backed farther into the gloom of the room. He was only half visible to Kitty now, his power making him slide partway between dimensions.

"I dont know what to say, Kurt, except it wasnt what you thought it was," she said, only able to see his blink.

"What was it then?" His voice was tightly controlled and Kitty cursed herself, and Logan.

She took a deep breath. "Im not afraid of you. You know that."

He didnt reply, but he looked down, the glow of his eyes diffused by his eyelashes.

Oh, this is ridiculous, I cant even see him! Kitty felt a flash of annoyance and reached behind her, flipping on the light switch. "There. I see you and Im not running."

"Its okay, Kitty," he said, looking at her for the first time. "I should be accustomed to it by now. I just expected more of you."

"Dont you pull that on me." She stepped closer to him, but stopped short of touching him. She satisfied herself by glaring up at him. "Im not lying. I havent been afraid of you since I was 14 years old, and I shouldnt have been then."

"Then, you were a child. That I can forgive, and did."

"What can I say to make you believe me?" She almost shouted it. She remembered the costume in her arms, throwing it to a chair as if it burned her. "Dammit, I just... I havent been that close to anyone since Pete Wisdom. The situation scared me."

It was vague, and a half-truth at best, but it was better than her alternatives. It seemed to work, as she looked up at his surprised face from the corner of her eye. "It wasnt you," she repeated.

"The situation?" Surprise turned to suspicion. "Did something happen to you? Did Pete do something to you?"

It was her turn to be surprised. "What? What does that mean..." She trailed off as realization dawned on her. My God, he thinks I was raped, she thought. Oh hell, what now, genius?

Her silence confirmed his fears and he forgot any anger at her. "Kitty, what happened? Was it Pete?"

"N-nothing, really, you just startled me," she stammered. Any denial now would make the situation worse, she knew, but what else could she do? No, Kurt, I wasnt raped. Your knee just really turned me on and I flipped! Yeah right!

"If he hurt you, you have to tell me," he pressed, forcing an evil grin. "You know, the North Sea should be nice and cold..."

"No!" She shouted, not wanting to lie to him, but unwilling to tell him the truth. "No, Kurt, Pete never hurt me. I swear. Nobody hurt me. I just... I just dont want to talk about it anymore."

He looked doubtful. "Youre sure?"

"Yes. Please?" She forced her most charming smile. "Honest, Im okay. Are we okay?"

"Of course, but -"

"Im fine, great," she babbled, wanting to get away from this conversation before she dug her hole deeper.

"All right..." He studied her with narrowed eyes. "But if you need help, or need to talk-"

"I know where you are," she cut him off again, giving him a quick hug and kiss on the cheek. "Thanks, Fuzzy."

He returned her hug. "Kaetzchen, I shouldnt have jumped to conclusions."

"No harm, no foul," she said, fluffing her wet hair with a hand. "I better go do something about this mop." She picked up her costume, turning to go and clutching it so hard she felt a seam pop. "See ya later," she said lightly over her shoulder, itching to go to her room and scream. She forced another smile and left, keeping to a slow walk until she was out of his sight. Then she ran.

Now he doesnt hate me, but he thinks Im lying to him. And he thinks I was attacked and will tell Logan all his suspicions. Ugh! Why does life have to be so damned complicated? And she still hadnt figured out why she reacted to Kurt the way she had either. Something else to keep me up at night, she thought. Heedll love this...

>*<

She had expected the knock on her door later that night. "You might as well just come in," she called before the first knock faded from her hearing. She had recognized Logans familiar booted footfalls before he had even reached her door.

His wiry-haired head poked around the door. "Hey, Punkin, lets talk."

"Sure," she said, her voice flat. She shut down her computer with a tap of a key. Lockheed burbled happily and rose from the bed, winging his way to Logan and settling on his shoulder.

Logan scratched the dragons chin. "Hey, Heed, you keeping my girl in line?"

The dragon snorted. Logan obligingly laughed, then leaned against Kittys desk to look down at her. "Kurt just told me something, Kitty."

She glared up at him defiantly. "Did he."

"Yeah." He crouched, looking into her eyes at her level. "But I dont think I believe it."

She sighed. "Look, I told Kurt the truth. Nothing happened to me. No one has ever so much as touched me without consent. Not Pete. Not Peter. No one." She looked away. "I wish you two would just believe me and not go off on some damned blind macho trip."

"Oh, I believe you when you say youve never been raped." He said, grinning when she whipped her head to look at him with wide eyes. "I just dont know why you let Kurt believe you had."

"I... I had no choice. Besides, he jumped to the conclusion. He never really trusted Pete anyway."

Logan chuckled. "I didnt trust Pete either, but he isnt the raping kind. Why did you have no choice?"

Kitty looked away from him, wishing she could go back in time and redo the entire day. "I dont want to -- I wont -- talk about this. I told Kurt I wasnt afraid of him. I told him the truth. Thats the end of the story."

"Darlin, Im tryin to give you a chance to tell me what I already could smell on you."

She felt her face burn. She should have known. But she had taken a shower.

"Kitty, what you do is your business, but Kurts worried about you now. He doesnt quite believe Pete ever hurt you either, but that makes him think you really do have a problem with him."

"Great. Well, Ill just have to take that chance. Ill make it up to him. Somehow."

Logan leaned forward, laying a callused hand on her arm. "Why not just tell him the truth? Obviously hes clueless about this."

Her voice rose, startled he would even suggest she tell Kurt of her reaction to him. "Yeah, right! Hed freak out. Hell, Id freak out!"

"Darlin, what exactly are you feeling for him?"

"I dont know."

"Are you in love with him? Or was it just lust?"

"I dont know! Dammit, Logan, just leave it alone!" Lockheed rose from Logans shoulder, giving Kitty a disgusted snort at her outburst. They watched the little dragon flap his way to her bed and flop onto a pillow.

Logan stared at a spot above Lockheeds head for a moment, gathering his words. "You and Kurt, youre some of the closest friends Ive got. Youre family. I dont want to see this hurt either one of you." He finally looked at her, his blue eyes earnest. "Punkin, if youre hiding something from him, hell know it. Eventually, the secret will eat you both up if its not told."

Kitty returned his stare, feeling her anger at him build. "Like you have any room to talk! One word, Logan: Jean."

He blinked once and looked down, his hand dropping from her arm. Slowly he stood, looking down at her with a blank expression.

He walked to the door, pausing before he left. "Im not gonna say youre wrong. In fact, look at me and Jeannie as proof of what I said." The door closed with a click.

>*<

Well, are you still there? What do you think? If you made it this far, would you read the rest?

--------------------

===={::»ß@mƒ«::}====
~Award-winning designer of Norways lovely crinkly edges.~
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

and the responses thus far...

Post by Bamfette »

Rex Luscus: Hell yeah, I'll read the rest! Bring it on!
'Sides, you've gotten 70 pages already, why stop now? :)

Seriously, it looks great. Can't wait to read the rest

Nocturne: i like it! i always liked Kurt and Kitty's relationship, and the ambiguity of it at times. more, more!
70 pages?? wow... i think i'm gonna love this

Pandora: Please!!!!
I realize that this is no surprise coming from me, but we have so little Nightcrawler fiction to read out here and these ARE my favorite X-brats after all!
I have some mixed feelings about tossing them together too...but it does'nt stop me from writing about it.Maybe if you are all un-lucky enough, I'll get the guts to put my stuff up for scrutiny and ridicule.

I think that it's the sense that they'd be uneasy about it that makes it interesting to write about.

BTW, you are a fantastic writer and I enjoy your style,please keep it coming!

kurtlover: sweet! 70 pages! and my vacations are starting! let's read.

amethystfaire: Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm begging for more, Saille! Mmm, I absolutely love your stories. :D

BamfKat: What do I say? Look at my handle and you know who my favorite charators are... :D I have always thought that Kurt an Kit would make a good couple. Long standing or not. From personal experiance I find that the best of friends CAN make the best lovers so the whole thinfg striks me as very natural.
My only criticisim is a few choppy moments inthe fight sceen. But it is clear that you have a better grasp on these characters than many of the Marvel writers do. I would love to see your run as writer of UXM! ;)

Would I read more? Honey, I would pay to!:p

Nocturne: that is very true, i feel the same way. you see, i speak from personal experience here. an ex boyfriend of mine was 10 years older than i, and we started out friends, and we remain friends today. it started in that way with a conversation that went in a strange direction, and we decided to persue it. the relationship lasted 4 years romantically. it was the best and longest lasting relationship i have ever been in, if we werent seperated by vast distances at the moment, it'd probably still be going on. so bring on Kitty and Kurt! it can work, trust me ;)

BlueJubatus: I LOVE IT!!!!!! I WANT TO READ MORE!!!
Seriously, you have good style and a great sense of pacing. The charachters are emotional, but in a realistic way, not at all cartoony or over the top. CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO POST MORE!!!!! :)

Fasheem: Damn, I haven't been keeping up here! How long has this thread been around? Well, YEAH finish it!

amethystfaire: Just out of curiosity, Saille, when is the rest of the story due out for our reading pleasure? It's not that I can't wait -- I just don't want to. :D I is a greedy, impatient girl, I is. :)

Ces: Mama mia! If there's an audience for it? There is.
You have a very good 'read-on-without-thinking-that-what-you're-reading-is-fiction' style, I mean, the text got a calm and steady flow. The language is not too complex making you stop and ponder at the syntax, and it's not too simple either. That makes it a good balanced textual contents. Your POV's written in a good way as well, simply this is a working story!

And then the contents, the characters seems quite true to themselves, and while the plot surely isn't the easiest to write about, you do a splendid work.

I'd be grateful to read more dear Nightscrawler!

Slarti: Wow, that's a lot more of a response than I expected on this! Thanks everyone!
As I said, I know where the story is, is going and how it will end, I've just got to find the time to write it. With more than 80 pages done now, it's more than half written so I wouldn't think it would take too long.

As for the skirmish between Kitty and Kurt, I know I still have some rough spots to smooth out in it. Writing physical action is one of my admitted weaknesses. Knowing exactly squat about real martial arts, even after research, I just screw my eyes shut tight and try to picture a fight scene that's not too herky-jerky or too Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I've never been too happy with that scene myself. I'll work on that.

I agree that friends can make good lovers, but people have to be careful to not screw things up. I had a very close friend years ago whose friendship I lost when we took it to the next level. Then again, I'm married to my best friend now. How this dichotomy applies to Kitty and Kurt is yet to be seen. :^)

However, for those curious to learn more about the story, know that Logan, Ororo and Peter have large parts, as does Warren. Anyone who's read my older fic knows I shy away from graphic content. I do get a bit more graphic in this. Take that comment as you will. ;^) I'm also trying to keep a balance between the various aspects of the story. I don't want too much agnst, or too much humor, too much backstory or a convoluted plot. I'm trying to follow my own advice and Keep It Simple, Stupid!
:^D
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

And the survey says...

Post by BamfKat »

Slarti, I am still eager to see the finished product. Are you going to post it here or elsewhere when you are done?:?
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

And the survey says...

Post by Slarti »

Well, I suspect when I get it done It'll be way too long to comfortably post here. I'll post a notice and have the story itself up on my website. That sucker will be getting a major overhaul when I do post Cat an Mouse, BTW.

As for where I'm at in the story, since I've started archiving the Monument I've put off writing. I'm going to work on the story later this week though. With Independence Day coming up I'll have a four day weekend.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

And the survey says...

Post by kladyelf »

The question is: Is there an audience for it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yessssss!!!!! Yes! yep! yeah! yo! yow! ja! da! oui! hei! bongo!
wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! more nightyfic! squiggins! Snerki! I wannnnnnnt more nightyfic....... :)
We gotta outweigh the crappiness of bad Un-Marvel characterisation of our favourite characters with much spiffy *quality* fiction!!!! (ie: yours!) Squiggins! :)

....sides, ive read the teaser on your sanctuary a bazillion times and i now wanna read the whooole thing! (waitasec, graphicness? :eep: eep! {covers eyes} ok go right ahead :) )

Sleep deprived? Me? Nah...... ;)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
NightcrawlersLove
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

And the survey says...

Post by NightcrawlersLove »

uugh don't keep is waititng please dont be like chris carter and the season show enders for the x-files finish lass finish i wana finish reading what happens lol (sucker for shipper storys)
"Sure call me weird,but compared to you i'm normal!"
~NightcrawlersLove
[p]
Corner of the Crawler
[p]
Griffin Flight Models
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

And the survey says...

Post by Panz »

Slarti, your're killing us with the antici............................................pation.

put us out of our misery:naughty:
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

And the survey says...

Post by Slarti »

I'm going to work on it this afternoon, in fact. :D

I got sidetracked for a bit, and while I'm still slowly archiving the Monument, I've also been getting over a BADLY sprained ankle. When I went to the doctor for my ankle I was told my blood pressure was too high for someone my age. So now I've got to track that for two weeks and it'll be diet and exercise city for me from now on. I've also been told I need to take a big dose of chill the hell out, because my pressure gets higher when I'm nervous. *twitch*

So, you can see I've been having issues lately, but it'll get done, never fear. I hate leaving fics unfinished. Plus I find writing relaxing.... aaaahhhhhh.... Now if I can just figure out how to type while on my stationary bike and eating celery.... :?
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

And the survey says...

Post by Panz »

:ooh: Goog grief, Slarti, you sound just like me! they stuck me on Blood pressure med because I am such a stress-a-holic and Ive had high BP since I was 19...*TwitchTwitch*...Drink a bit of red wine and try to learn to relax (if you Do learn this, let me know how, huh?)

Im trying to work on my Kurt and Kitty story right now too, after getting rid of three weeks worth of house guests , it's gonna take some work to be able to write.

I am curious to see how you resolve thier sitch, but dont stress on it, ok? we will all be around for as long as you feel like tormenting us with the wait:laugh:
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

And the survey says...

Post by BlueJubatus »

the secret to a life completely devoid of stress is this....
Take one small wedge of lemon, wrap around one large gold brick, wonk yourself repetedly over the head. If you are still for some reason concious, repeat. Gaurenteed stress relief, or at least an excape from your troubles:P

seriously Slarti, take your time, relax, recover recoperate. We'd much rather have you here and healthy and wait for the conclusion. This goes for you too Pandora!!!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

And the survey says...

Post by Slarti »

It's good to know I'm not alone, Pandora! I *hate* this. The doctor's assistant didn't help, telling me I was at risk for a heart attack and then just leaving without qualifying that statement. I was scared to move and was wondering if I would drop dead if I took a walk. THAT did wonders for my nerves until I talked to a friend was a REAL nurse (and she was NOT impressed by the professionalism of that other person, let me tell you!). She told me I wasn't dying and to not stress over it.

So I'm trying not to. *nostressnostressnostressnostress* :dead:

LOL! Blue, I'll have to get me one of those non-alcoholic Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters for now! I've actually started rereading the H2G2 books to relax myself now. It's working. :D
NightcrawlersLove
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

And the survey says...

Post by NightcrawlersLove »

aye you two chill out fer awhile don't make me get out the jackets again.as much as id love to her what happens i can wait....lol
i dont think too many ppl like the doctors or hospital all that much i sure don't not after i dislocated me shoulder and i was laying in that cold hospital bed and this stupid nurse couldnt find a vein for the darn IV needle..my wrist looked like swiss cheese afterwards...
"Sure call me weird,but compared to you i'm normal!"
~NightcrawlersLove
[p]
Corner of the Crawler
[p]
Griffin Flight Models
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

And the survey says...

Post by kladyelf »

IVF needles? owie, i hate even vaccinations etc. *winces*, Yah, Slarti, just take it easy, look after yrself.
Meanwhile we can all come up w fics 4U from our own fervid imaginations!..... mnee heheheheee :)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

And the survey says...

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I love the story!! :nodyes Lot's of writers don't really explore the sexual tensions that may develop among the X-Men. Great storyline and Use of characters. Only thing I don't like is some of the language used. I'm still really excited to read it, but having wordy dirts are going to disappoint me. Good luck!!
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!