New X2 fanfic: Behind Glass

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

This one hasn't been seen by anyone who hasn't visited MWP's site, Thunder and Brimstone. In a nutshell, Kurt falls deathly ill, and Ororo has to deal with her feelings for him as she and Henry McCoy try to save his life. It's told through a series of flashbacks and current-happenings.

If you want background of Kurt, you'll find a lot of it here, much of it humorous, but be warned: this is something you'll probably need hankies for. :cry
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

I did tear up a few times reading this. It's very very good.

I'm guessing it's yours althought you didn't specificy and it doesn't say in the txt file :D
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Yeah, it's mine. I guess I need to put my name in on the header, huh? :oops

I've rectified it with the latest text file. Thanks!
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Melylott
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Melylott »

Whee! Sick!Kurt. That was a great fic, I read it on Thunder and Brimstone! The world needs more sickkurt, yo. :)
:abyss Abyss's Number Two Fan! I Love Nils!!! :abyss
:austen
"The Shire is THAT way!"
---Frodo, One Ring to Rule Them All 2 (Greatest Flash EVAH!11)
#1 Fan of Blue!Jill. Sorry Bamfette. ^_^ :jillian
I love Wither!
bepalin
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by bepalin »

Ohhh that was good. Sad, but good. I love this line "the audience doesn't pay to see your troubles; they pay to forget theirs" I just love it!!!! *claps* very nice story, very nice :D
Sandy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Sandy »

Maelstrom, you did it again! I LOVE your fanfic - I think I said that before, but the thread got lost in the big crash...you write so convincing it almost hurts...:love :faint

Funny enough I knew what Kurt was suffering from even before the story mentioned it....we've had a few cases here last year and you get to recognise the symptoms... :yech

I also admire the way you get those scientific details into your stories. Makes them even more realistic. :sick

Sandy
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by bepalinOhhh that was good. Sad, but good. I love this line "the audience doesn't pay to see your troubles; they pay to forget theirs" I just love it!!!! *claps* very nice story, very nice
It's kind of a universal performer's creed. Believe it or not, that's something I learned from my Grandpa (may he rest in peace :halo). Everyone in my family is a musician in one way or another: my Grandpa played standup, jazz base, my Grandma was a cabaret dancer, my mother and I both played piano and sang.

It's a lot nicer than "the show must go on". Why? Because originally, PT Barnum said...
"The show must go on... because I'm not giving the sons-of-a-bitches back their money." :smirk

Originally posted by Sandy
Funny enough I knew what Kurt was suffering from even before the story mentioned it....we've had a few cases here last year and you get to recognise the symptoms... :yech
Sandy
Wel, I was kind of hoping anyone familiar with the disease would have that reaction... but... :urg oh, man, did you have to deal with the viral kind or the bacterial kind? The viral one is nastily contagious. We've had a few "viral meningitis" scares here in California, too.
hilowey
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by hilowey »

*sniff* THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!*sniff* I'm going to be okay.....:content
"God sneezed. What could I say to Him?"- Henny Youngman

"In Los Angeles, McDonald's quickly reacted to the highway shootings. They came out with 'Happy To Be Alive Meals'"-Al Clethen

"What was the name of the little boy whose nuts grew every time he told a lie? Pistachio."-Tommy Sledge
Sandy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Sandy »

Wel, I was kind of hoping anyone familiar with the disease would have that reaction... but... :urg oh, man, did you have to deal with the viral kind or the bacterial kind? The viral one is nastily contagious. We've had a few "viral meningitis" scares here in California, too.
The viral kind...the last time it was some teenagers, so several schools had all pupils tested for meningitis, and at my university they even had leaflets... :X
Personally, the earache thing reminded me of my childhood - I had infections of the middle ear three or four times, and I can relate to that kind of pain. :die

I also liked the way flashbacks intertwined with the rest of the story - you can pull that off really good! :nodyes
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Sandy
Personally, the earache thing reminded me of my childhood - I had infections of the middle ear three or four times, and I can relate to that kind of pain. :die

I also liked the way flashbacks intertwined with the rest of the story - you can pull that off really good! :nodyes
:blush :blush Thank you.

Unfortunately, I, too, have vivid memories of earaches in my youth :bawl. I had them all the time, it seemed, and the pain was so bad it'd have me rolling on my bed screaming and crying. But once I had my adenoids and tonsils removed (I was 10), I never had an earache again, and I think I know why. It turns out that overgrown adenoids don't just make you sound like you've got a head cold; they also block off your eustacean tubes, causing them to get infected more often.
xstechfreak
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by xstechfreak »

i just want to say that i have always loved reading others fan fiction. I cried :(

Good job:)