Kurt's Dream

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's Dream

Post by Lauren »

For those you do not like religious stories; sorry, I just had to do it.

For those who may feel offended because I do not have a wide knowledge about the rosary; I apologize and would like any suggestions or comments you have about it! :D

Kurt had always wanted to believe that he wasn’t a demon destined for Hell. When he was younger, he had had terrible nightmares in which he was dragged screaming and kicking into the darkest pits of Hell where there waited demons that looked like him right down to the number of ridges on his tail.

That was why he prayed the Rosary everyday.

When he prayed, he made sure that he said every prayer slowly, and he thought about every word he was saying, making each one count for something. After all, the only priest that would ever look upon him as a child of God; a Father Willard, had once told him when he was little that every time he said the Rosary, he gave the Lady a crown of white and red roses to wear. Being so young, Kurt made sure he gave Her a crown of roses everyday.

As he grew older of course, he still prayed the Rosary, but it got harder every time he was called a child of Satan and told by other priests that he was destined to roast in Hell with his father the Dark Prince Lucifer.

When Kurt was twenty, he had been especially worried about this after a new priest, a man named Father Whitley, told him that no matter how many Rosaries he said, he was still going to burn in Hell for being a devil spawn and for being with the witch Margali and her band of Romani for so long.

That night when Kurt slept, he dreamt that he was standing in a garden of white and red roses, each one beautiful and fragrant in equal measures. In the dream, he smiled and walked among the roses, finding to his surprise that none of them had any thorns that would normally cut into his bare ankles and feet.

When he came upon a cluster of white roses surrounding a single red rose that was twice the size of any of the others, he stooped down and gently picked it up, smiling at how beautiful it looked in the golden light of the sun overhead.

A young Lady walked up and sat down beside him, gazing at the rose with a small smile. Kurt looked at the Lady and seeing how beautiful She was, turned his head away and quickly got up to leave Her. He was about to take a step when She gently him by the sleeve of his coat and asked him why he would leave Her so suddenly.

Kurt kept his eyes to the ground and he told Her that someone so beautiful did not need to share company with someone as ugly as himself, especially one the priests claimed was touched by the Devil and destined for Hell.

The Lady stood up and forced him to look into Her gentle eyes. She kept his gaze for a moment more before She bent down and gently plucked the rose from its place. She held the rose up for Kurt to see it better and She smiled as She placed it behind his right ear.

“I give you this rose in assurance that you are no demon, Kurt.” She said gently, looking up at him. “You have given me many fine roses over the years. These roses you see before you are all those you have given me in faith and trust despite the wrongs done to you by false prophets and those whose minds are clouded by hatred and bigotry.

“Know this, Kurt. As long as you continue to pray the Rosary, I shall always be by your side and protect when there are those who would do you harm. Remember my words, Kurt. You are not a demon but a child of God like everyone else. Never forget that.”

When Kurt woke, his eyes filled with tears and his tail snaked out and scooped up his Rosary. As he got up to kneel down beside his bed, he froze for a moment and this time, the tears came down due to sheer joy and relief.

A red rose devoid of thorns fell gracefully to his feet.

Kurt never saw himself as a demon again.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's Dream

Post by InterNutter »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaawww... that was so - so - so *fluffy*.

Given the usual tone of your other fics, I was a little bit worried about reading this, but - *damn*.

You do good stuph ^_^
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Kurt's Dream

Post by kladyelf »

squiggins! Joy! write more please!!
loves it!
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's Dream

Post by Lauren »

:eek Internutter thinks my stuff is good *faints* *wakes up* Whew, thanks!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's Dream

Post by thylacine »

That was a very good story, actually.

It reminds me of the stories they used to tell about St. Theresa, who could make flowers appear anywhere, even in the winter time when they aren't supposed to grow. This flower thing is a well known legend. My mother went to Boston to see this exhibit on St. Theresa, and when she got home there was a bunch of flowers in the driveway. That was odd, since she was not expecting any flowers.

You should write more stuff like that. It's cool. So what if a lot of people don't like religious stories, because some people do like to read them -- so you gotta write 'em for us, okay?
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's Dream

Post by Lauren »

Well actually, I all ready have an idea for a kind of sequel to this set after the sedcond movie! You'll just have to wait a bit for me to write it up! *starts writing* :computer

Ladyhawke
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt's Dream

Post by Ladyhawke »

I love this story, but then I love anything religious. You did a good job with the roses, many saints are known to offer flowers, but Mary is the only one to offer white and red roses. The white is for purity the red is for maytrdom.
"I wish upon tonight to see you smile if only for awhile to know your there."

"I believe that angel's breath"
"Faith is believing all power can't be seen."

Frodo, Kurt and Pippin are MINE!!!
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's Dream

Post by thylacine »

I did not know this about Mary & white & red roses. Cool. I think St. Theresa is associated with all kinds of flowers.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's Dream

Post by Lauren »

I looked it up with the whole rose thing. I didn't know what the colors symbolized yet though. so much information from one story.

Ladyhawke
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt's Dream

Post by Ladyhawke »

The colors came from something that happened to Saint Maxamillian Kolbe, when he was a boy the Virgin Mary came to him and offered him two roses with those meanings attached. He took them both and went on to become a priest. He was sent to a concentration camp during the war and died in the place of a Jewish man with a family.
"I wish upon tonight to see you smile if only for awhile to know your there."

"I believe that angel's breath"
"Faith is believing all power can't be seen."

Frodo, Kurt and Pippin are MINE!!!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's Dream

Post by Lauren »

Oh I remember reading about that guy. They trid to starv him to death along with a few others because two prisoners escaped. He lasted until they finally got annoyed and injected him with posion.

thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's Dream

Post by thylacine »

You really write nicely. I hate to say it, but maybe even better than me, if that's possible!!!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's Dream

Post by Lauren »

Well, where are your fics? I would like to read and compare notes!

pookizegreat
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt's Dream

Post by pookizegreat »

Aww, that was so pretty!

Yes, you read it from the Atheist's keyboard .... 'twas uber-pretty. *hugs it* Very nice, very nice indeed.
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's Dream

Post by thylacine »

Hi Lauren. My fics are in "Writing Critiques." Check out "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Anti-Mutant Rally" and "SUE THE MUTANT!"
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's Dream

Post by Lauren »

YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WROTE SUE THE MUTANT?!! I love that fic! hehehe!

Zuno
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's Dream

Post by Zuno »

So hapy fic. I loved it. Very wel written. And the end "Kurt never saw himself as a demon again." thinking of the begining, it is wery tutching.
Please visit my art side: http://the-shadowcat.deviantart.com/

I apolagise for my spelling mistakes.
English being my second language + dyslexsia = lotts of them XD