Two Roses

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Two Roses

Post by Lauren »

Kurt was terrified. He hadn’t known anything was happening when a bullet suddenly pierced into his shoulder and he woke, holding a knife over the president of the United States.

Everything after that was done through sheer fear.

He wasn’t afraid mostly about almost committing murder, although it did trouble him greatly. He was worried because he feared when he returned to his sanctuary, that the rose the Lady gave him would be gone and that She had taken her protection away from him because of his actions. He had prayed the whole way that that wasn’t the case.

When he made it back to his cathedral, he walked up, stumbling the whole way, to a statue of the Lady holding her Son in her arms. He fell to his knees with a thud and he wept bitterly, pressing his head against her stone feet, his tears landing on them and washing them of the dust that was starting to collect there.

“Holy Mother,” he begged in his native tongue, his words sounding hoarse from his tears, “Don’t abandon me! I did not know what I was doing in that place. I cannot remember anything. Please, don’t take your rose away from me in this foreign country!”

He kept his head bowed and he wept softly, his blood having soaked through the shoulder of his jacket was slowly starting to drip onto the statue’s feet along with the rest of his tears. He closed his eyes tightly and he rocked back and forth slightly, pleading with the Lady with all of his heart.

He gasped and snapped his eyes wide open when he felt a warm hand on his cheek. Turning his head slowly, he saw the same Lady from his dream kneeling down beside him and looking very sad. Fearing that her sadness was because of him, Kurt bowed his head and he started to beg her forgiveness when she placed her hand under his chin and tilted his head up to meet her gaze.

“Why do you beg like this?” She asked softly. “Rest your head and tell me your troubles.” Unable to resist the urge any longer, Kurt slowly rested his head in the Lady’s lap and he told her all that he remembered happening to him since he came to America, weeping softly as he spoke.

The Lady ran Her fingers gently through his cobalt curls and when he had finished, She rested a hand on his wound and She eased the pain there.

“Have you forgotten the promise I made to you only a year ago?” She asked him softly. “I said as long as you continued to perform the Rosary, I would always be by your side. Isn’t that what I said?” she asked.

“Yes.” Kurt nodded, slowly sitting up and looking at her. “But, what happened in the White House was just so terrible and I hurt those people so badly. I thought that You would take Your Grace away from me because of that.”

“The attack you did was not your own doing.” The Lady assured him gently. “I understand this, as does my Son and the Holy Father. Nevertheless, people are not kind towards children like you and I am going to give you another gift.”

“Oh but I could not take another one.” Kurt said. “You have given me far more than I deserve.”

“I am going to give you two more roses, Kurt. One red rose and one white rose. They will come to you on the morrow.” The Lady explained softly, smiling softly. “You will understand what I want you to do from there.” With that, the Lady left Kurt alone in the cathedral with her message of a gift of two roses.

When Jean and Ororo first entered the cathedral, Kurt was of course afraid of them and his fear became terror when lightning struck the arc he was on and he was frozen in mid-air, finding himself looking at two women.

They seemed friendly enough and the woman named Jean gently placed him back on his feet when he promised not to run away. Taking a closer look at the two women, Kurt suddenly understood what the Lady had said and he held back tears.

The woman Ororo’s hair was a pure white color the color of the Lady’s white roses, which symbolize purity.

The other woman, the one named Jean, had red hair the color of the Lady’s roses symbolizing martyrdom.

He accepted the Lady’s gift gratefully.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Two Roses

Post by thylacine »

That is really wicked awesome. You gotta write more like this. Marvel should take a hint from you, kid. I hear that "Draco" story is lousy & is about the devil & etc. Why can't Marvel do stories like yours? You really write awesome stuff, I'm not just saying that either! I wrote two fan fics & I think they're good, but not as good as yours. Mine are just cute & funny. Yours are awesome.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Two Roses

Post by Lauren »

aww thanks :blush But really, the arc does kind of suck. As I've said before. I'd like to read your fics and see how they are too!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Two Roses

Post by Mad With Power »

This rose theme is really quite neat. Very interesting angle.
MoonbeamDancer
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Two Roses

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

:) Very cute, I like it. Are you going to continue it or is this it?
"You cheated."
"Pirate."
-Will Turner and Jack Sparrow

"But why is the rum gone?"
-Jack Sparrow
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Two Roses

Post by Lauren »

hmmm well, if I get more ideas for the roses, I may continue with them:D

elvenenchantress
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Two Roses

Post by elvenenchantress »

Wow, that was very well written. And the rose theme, dang that was good :D You should write more, pweese? :puppy
They call it "PMS" because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.

:bunny Bunny Warrior # 6 :bunny *rawr*

My deviantart gallery :browse
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Two Roses

Post by Lauren »

I'll twy!

elvenenchantress
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Two Roses

Post by elvenenchantress »

Originally posted by Lauren
I'll twy!
Yay!
They call it "PMS" because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.

:bunny Bunny Warrior # 6 :bunny *rawr*

My deviantart gallery :browse
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Two Roses

Post by Mad With Power »

Dudes! You're giving me cavities here. :D
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Two Roses

Post by Siona »

Severe prettiness! I enjoyed this very much.

But, I must ask...is the rose something about Cathlocism or is it just a theme in the story?

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Two Roses

Post by Lauren »

It has something to do with Catholosicim. i read about the roses in a book about the Rosary and it got my brain juices flowing! ewww! *cleans brain juice mess*

rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Two Roses

Post by rockstar »

Hey hey! Brain juice is a good thing!

BEAUTIFUL story!!!!! You portrayed not only Kurt, but also the Blessed Mother wonderfully. Amazing story and I love the rose theme.

I think it would be cool if someone drew a picture for this. I'd try but A) My scanner dont work and B) I can't draw too well.
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Two Roses

Post by Lauren »

! you mean I'm good enough to get fanart from people! *squee*! I've lived a successful life!

thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Two Roses

Post by thylacine »

That's right, Lauren. My fics are in the Writing Critiques section, check out Sue the Mutant and A Funny Thing Happened... Bye for now.
Zuno
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Two Roses

Post by Zuno »

I loved it! You tell storys so great! *Loks fore other storys by you*
Please visit my art side: http://the-shadowcat.deviantart.com/

I apolagise for my spelling mistakes.
English being my second language + dyslexsia = lotts of them XD
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Two Roses

Post by Lauren »

*Takes a pin and pops head to stop it from growing so large*