Kurt meets Sabretooth Finished!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

WARNING: THERE IS A LOT OF VIOLENCE IN THIS STORY. IF YOU DONT LIKE READING STORIES LIKE THAT, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO TURN BACK!

Pyro was causing problems in the name of the Brotherhood. When Xavier made a scan for him as he sat in an airplane heading for Germany, he found that the youth was in a city right now, setting everything he saw on fire as fast as he could, laughing the entire time and chanting about Mutant rights.

Since Xavier was engaged elsewhere, mostly to visit the circus Kurt came from and explain the situation with him, that left the rest of the X-men to deal with Pyro alone. One of them needed to stay behind and watch after the students and Kurt volunteered for the job, perching on the sofa and wishing them luck.

An hour or so after the X-men started to engage Pyro in combat, Kurt heard someone walking up to the front door of the mansion. Cautiously, he walked up to the door and he opened it a crack, looking out. He smiled and opened the door wider when he saw it was only Ororo.

“You are back early!” he said.

“Scott thought it would be better if I stayed here with you.” Ororo said, gliding past him, her hips swaying side to side. Kurt looked at her curiously and he cocked an eyebrow as he shut the door.

“You are walking strangely.” He pointed out. His eyes suddenly grew wide but before he could do anything, Mystique shifted back and sent a high kick at his head. He took the blow fully and was thrown hard against the door. Before she could strike him again, Kurt teleported to his friend Piotr’s room.

“Piotr! Get up!” he shouted, shaking the giant Russian. “We have a problem!”

“What kind of problem?” Piotr asked groggily. There was a loud smashing sound from below as a roar erupted amid the children’s screams.

“That kind!” Kurt cried, teleporting down to see what had caused the sound. He found himself looking at Sabretooth. The giant mutant shook chunks of wood and plaster from his fur and pelts and when he saw Kurt, he slowly smiled and licked his lips.

“Newbie flesh!” he hissed, stalking up to him. Kurt was too frozen with Sabretooth’s black eyes to react until it was too late and Sabretooth had swiped him across the face, sending him smashing through a wall, his face bleeding profusely from the claws that sank into his flesh.

He could hear children screaming and most of them heading for the escape routes. How many times were they going to have to do this? The question went through his head out of nowhere, nearly making him laugh out loud, despite the fact that he was in great pain.

Sabretooth appeared above him and smiled, baring his lethal fangs as he reached up and grabbed Kurt by the throat tightly and raised him into the air, his claws digging cruelly into his neck.

“No! Put him down!” Looking over his shoulder, Sabretooth snarled at Mystique. “I told you that you were not to kill anyone here. We’re only here to steal some information and get out of here!” she added, narrowing her eyes.

“I haven’t heard an X-man scream for so long.” Sabretooth snarled, turning his gaze back to Kurt, who was gasping for every mouthful of breath. He squeezed tighter and Kurt started to grow weaker. “Let me have this one!”

“No!” Mystique drew a gun and aimed it at Sabretooth’s head. “Put him down!” Angrily, Sabretooth threw Kurt to the side and he turned to Mystique, charging at her like a raging bull.

Kurt shook his head to regain his senses and he teleported up into the dormitories, smiling faintly when he saw that most of the children were down in the safe tunnels. Piotr was about to run by when he stopped and knelt down, looking at Kurt worriedly.

“You’re hurt!” he cried, helping him to his feet.

“Ja, someone down there is like a giant cat!” Kurt said. “How many children are left?” he asked.

“Not too many. What are we going to do?” Piotr asked.

“Well I am going to try and distract Mystique and the giant cat long enough for the others to come back. You are going to go and stay with the children.” Kurt said, slowly holding himself up by leaning against a wall.

“I can help you. Besides, your throat is badly cut and so is your face!” Piotr protested. Kurt sighed softly and closed his eyes, unable to deny the pain in his face as warm liquid still flowed from the wound.

“If you want to help me, promise you will be careful.” He said finally. Piotr nodded, but a second later there was a loud explosion as Mystique suddenly came smashing through a wall, landing in a crumpled heap not too far from them. Sabretooth wasn’t too far behind.

“Run!” Kurt shouted, running at Sabretooth as fast as he could. He leapt at him but the giant mutant caught him in mid-air and threw him like a football player does to a football after making a touchdown with such a force that he was smashed through the floor and landed on the main floor.

Before Piotr could do anything, Sabretooth leapt down into the hole and landed on top of Kurt’s chest, making him scream hoarsely as bones were heard clearly snapping. Blood came from Kurt’s mouth and he looked at Sabretooth with quivering eyes.

“You owe me a lot of screams!” Sabretooth hissed, kicking Kurt into the sofa. He raised a hand and was ready to slash into his body when Piotr in steel form grabbed his wrist and stilled his hand.

With a loud clang of metal, Piotr punched Sabretooth in the face, breaking his nose. Things were smashed and plaster sprayed all over as the two fought, Sabretooth’s wounds healing and Piotr’s body safe under his steel shield. Piotr punched Sabretooth repeatedly in the face, driving him back bit by bit.

As the two fought, Kurt slowly forced himself to his hands and knees. He spit out a large amount of blood from his mouth and he looked up at the two fighting. He gritted his teeth slightly and he slowly started to crawl towards the stairs; ignoring the burning pain in his chest. He climbed the stairs with only his arms, his legs not wanting to work as he dragged them, trailing blood as he went.

Sabretooth picked Piotr up by the throat and hurled him as hard as he could, sending the teen through three walls and outside into the snow. Piotr’s head struck a rock and he fell senseless.

“Finally.” Sabretooth snarled, turning back to deal with Kurt. He laughed at the man’s attempts to get to the stairs and he was about to grab his tail when a red wolf suddenly latched onto his hand and started to rip at it.

Screaming, he stumbled backwards and fought with the wolf, trying to throw it off. He grabbed it by the back of its neck and was about to throw it when it became half wolf and half teenage girl.

“Dinnae mess wi’ mah frien’s!” Rahne Sinclair snarled, slashing her own set of claws across his face. The two partial animal mutants fought wildly as Kurt made his way up the stairs and over the rubble to his room.

Rahne could not stand against Sabretooth for long and soon she was thrown away like a rag doll, turning back into a full teenage girl with fire red hair.

“Oh Kurt!” Sabretooth shouted, walking calmly up the stairs. “Does Kurt want to come out and play? He’s leaving such a large trail of blood behind!” He stopped in the hallway and he tilted his head to one side, smiling evilly as he heard the raspy breathing coming from Kurt’s room.

“There you are!” he shouted, entering the room. He found Kurt on his knees digging rapidly from under his bed. “What are you looking for?” he asked, cracking his knuckles as he slowly walked towards him. There was a flash of light and Sabretooth found that he was staring at the blade of a rapier held in Kurt’s right hand.

Without thinking, Kurt slashed at Sabretooth five times; making sure each stroke was in a different spot. He smiled at the damage as Sabretooth reared back and screamed wildly, banging his large feet on the floor. Kurt slowly backed up against the large windows and he smiled.

His smile faded when he suddenly realized that Sabretooth was laughing at him. When Sabretooth turned his face to him, the wounds were healing rapidly.

Swiftly Sabretooth grabbed the hand still holding the rapier and he crushed it, making Kurt scream so loud that it rang out into the night air. He smiled and he looked at the window.

“Healing factors are very useful!” he snarled, pulling Kurt into a tight bear hug.

With a loud crash of glass, Sabretooth flew out the window, hugging Kurt to him tightly. The two fell with a crunch to the ground and when Sabretooth got off of him, Kurt was barely breathing.

“You’re no fun!” Sabretooth snarled, ready to finish his plaything off.

“Bastard!” Looking up in confusion, Sabretooth was thrown off balance as Wolverine barreled into him and sent the two rolling in the snow, claws flashing as they fought wildly.

Pyro hadn’t been prepared to face off nearly the entire team of X-men by himself. Once they had him subdued and learned of the real plan; they had flown as fast as they would back to the mansion to try and help Kurt before it was too late.

Unable to withstand Wolverine’s berserk fury; Sabretooth ran as fast as he could, finding himself being chased by furious thunder bolts.

Ororo fell to her knees beside Kurt and cradled his head in her arms. Wolverine wiped an arm over his mouth and he looked at her worriedly.

“How is he?” he asked.

Ororo lifted her face and Wolverine knew it wasn’t good if she was sobbing so hard.

To Be Concluded!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Ororo was outside, making winds lightly wipe the snow away as she searched for something. She stooped down and picked up another maroon colored bead, sighing sadly as she slipped it into a small baggie.

Kurt was in the intensive care unit in the med lab, surrounded by thousands of machines that beeped and monitored his heart rate and other things. His chest rose very slightly, sometimes making Hank and the others worry that he wasn’t breathing at all at times.

Hank had found that a lot of bones had been broken, his hand being the most difficult to mend considering most of the bones had been broken into a lot of small pieces. His lung had been punctured by one of his broken ribs and Hank was not too optimistic about his agility and gymnastic performance ever being the same again.

Ororo just wanted Kurt to be able to come out of it and live again.

Frowning, she wiped away some snow and found two more beads that had been smashed from the fall. Most of the beads on Kurt’s Rosary had been smashed beyond recognition, but there were a few that could be used again to make a new one. She was sure that she had found as many beads as were possible; all she needed now was the cross.

“Looking for this?” Turning her head, Ororo found herself looking at Logan who had his hand outstretched, the cross resting in the palm of his hand.

“Yes, thank you.” She said, taking the cross sadly. She stood up and looked around slowly. “I can’t believe this happened.” She said softly.

“Me neither. I was sure that bastard had died at the statue of Liberty!” Logan growled, his hands balling up into fists. He looked up at where Kurt’s window had been and he sighed. “I hope the Elf makes it through O.K.” He said.

“Elf?”

“He looks like one doesn’t he?” Logan asked, cocking an eyebrow slightly. “With the pointed ears and high cheek bones?”

“I suppose so.” Ororo sighed, looking at the ground. Logan rested a hand on her shoulder and squeezed gently.

“I think you should go inside. Maybe even visit him in the med lab.” He said. “It might do you some good, ‘Ro.”

“Maybe you’re right.” She said, turning and walking into the mansion.

The same construction workers from the first time were back, wondering how the hell a school could possibly be destroyed twice in the same year.

When Ororo got to Kurt’s room, she found that he had another visitor there. The Russian Piotr was sitting by his bed, his head bandaged tightly from the wound he received from hitting his head. He looked up at Ororo and quickly wiped his eyes, blinking rapidly for a few moments.

“Hello.” He said softly, standing up. “Do you want to be alone with him?” he asked.

“You can stay if you want to.” Ororo said, taking a seat beside him. Piotr sat down and looked at Kurt, unable to stop his eyes from tearing up again.

“I should have fought Sabretooth harder.” He said softly. “Maybe Kurt wouldn’t have been hurt so badly if I had punched harder or...”

“It wasn’t your fault.” Ororo said, looking at him with a gentle smile. “From what I hear, you were able to help Kurt get to his rapier upstairs. Anyone who can fight Sabretooth and only sustain a little wound deserves some sort of praise.”

“Save the praise for Kurt if he makes it out alive.” Piotr said, trying not to make his voice sound harsh. He sighed and bowed his head for a moment before he stood up and finally left, unable to hold his emotions in any longer.

Sighing, Ororo turned to Kurt and she looked at his battered and broken body. Slowly, he reached out and she rested a hand over the one that had not been shattered. She looked up at his face and she lightly adjusted the oxygen mask over his mouth.

“How are you feeling?” she asked him quietly. “I found as many beads as I could from outside. Most of them were smashed up though so I may have to buy the rest. I just wish I knew how exactly the beads go. Rahne said she would help me when it got to that part.”

She looked at Kurt’s unmoving face and she sighed, gently running the back of her hand along his scarred cheek.

“Oh Kurt, why didn’t you just teleport away with the kids and let them take what they wanted?” she asked. “We wouldn’t have blamed you if you did you know!” She closed her eyes for a moment, stopping the tears that had been forming in her eyes. Taking a shuddering breath she stood up and looked down at Kurt.

“I’m going to go and buy those beads now. Don’t you dare let yourself slip into anything more dangerous than what you are now, Kurt. I don’t think we could take that.” She said over her shoulder.

She had never worked on anything harder in her entire life. Rahne let her borrow her own set of Rosary beads so that she knew which beads went where. It took a while for her to get used to the thin chain, but when she did the beads slid down and into place easily enough.

She used the same cross, having to ask Logan to bend it a bit so that it did not resemble a swastika anymore after having been crushed under Sabretooth’s immense weight. When the Rosary was done, she took it to Kurt and placed it around his neck gently, smiling as she gently straightened it out a bit.

Kurt found himself alone in an empty plain most of the time. He often wandered around, trying to find someone that he knew but all he found was more rolling hills and blue sky. At one point, he thought he heard Ororo’s voice, and he followed it until it finally stopped. He gave up and simply waited for some kind of sign for what he should do next in this strange place.

Mystique was in another room, her arms lightly strapped down so that when she came through, they would be able to ask her a few questions about her visit to the mansion.

She woke in the middle of the second month of being there, her brain working as soon as she saw where she was. She made herself thinner and she slipped through her bonds and walked slowly and silently towards the doors.

She walked down the hall slowly when she came to an open door and looked inside. She found Kurt lying inside and her heart wept. Looking around for a moment, she entered the room and she walked up to Kurt’s side, resting a hand on the side bar of the bed.

She hadn’t meant to get him so wounded in such a fast amount of time! She had tried to knock him out at the very start so that he wouldn’t put up a fight and face off with Sabretooth, but she had forgotten that he could teleport and he was out of there before she could do her job properly.

Now, he was lying in a hospital bed, covered in monitors with needles all over his arms, feeding him his meals.

Sighing, she shook her head and thought for a moment about taking him with her, but that would only cause more trouble than it was worth. It was better to leave him here with her enemies; at least he had a chance with them.

She kissed her fingers and placed them on his forehead before she turned and snuck out of the mansion.

At four months, Ororo was a wreck and everyone knew it. The woman practically lived in Kurt’s room, always sitting beside him and even going so far as to have her meals there. She insisted it was because she felt that if she were not there, Kurt would never come out of his coma.

It was as if she was to be his guide out of the coma somehow.

At six months, Ororo was ready to just give up. Kurt’s condition had never changed at any point during those months, and she didn’t expect him to suddenly heal in one day either.

“I tried, Kurt.” She said softly, standing up to leave. “I stayed with you like this for six months, but in those six months not once did you make some kind of improvement! Kurt, I’m giving up!

“I don’t know if your God exists or not, but if He does, I wish I could kick His ass for this! The least He could have done was get you out of this for me! He can’t even do that! I’m sorry, Kurt.”

Turning around, Ororo headed for the doors.

Wherever Kurt was in his mind, he heard Ororo’s words clearly and he couldn’t let her give up. Gritting his teeth, Kurt looked around desperately for a way out of the place.

In the distance, he saw a door standing up by itself. Swiftly, he started to run towards it, praying to God that Ororo didn’t give up before he got to it.

Dammit, the door was jammed.

Gritting his teeth, Kurt pushed all his weight against the door and he pushed as hard as he could. When that didn’t work, he started to pull, his tail lashing around him in fury as he tried his best.

“Gott, help me open this verdammt door!” he screamed as he gave it one last pull. With a loud creak, the door swung open and Kurt was flooded with light.

Ororo had her hand on the knob of the door when the machines started to wail crazily. Turning around, she ran to Kurt’s bedside and she tried to figure out what was the matter when he suddenly opened his eyes and grabbed her by the wrists.

The two stared at each other, their eyes wide with surprise and joy at the same time.

Slowly, Ororo calmed her heart down and she smiled down at Kurt.

“I didn’t think you’d…”

“Don’t ever give up.” Kurt panted. “Understand?” He didn’t bother waiting for a reply, he pressed his lips to hers tightly and that was that.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Very nice! You've handled an action scene with amazinf fluidity.

One thing, the football thing is called a 'spike', like in volleyball.

The death part was nice too.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Oh, i don't know what they call those things, i'm not a real sport fun actually