Kurt's First Son

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's First Son

Post by Lauren »

Kurt could not believe that this was happening to him. He stayed up all night, staring at his son’s crib, dark rings under his eyes, his beads clicking softly as he silently performed the Rosary.

After Ororo and Kurt had finally gotten married in an accepting church, they had started on working on a family and their first born; their son named Willard was born. The boy looked like his father with the same shade of blue skin and the shape of his feet. His hands were normal like his mother’s and he shared her hair and eye color. His tail was only a tiny little thing, the spade looking like a simple glob of flesh.

There was a problem though. At only six months old, the baby fell very ill. Hank administered all the antibiotics he thought would work, but the baby just stayed as ill as ever. Kurt and Ororo were at a loss as to what to do about it.

Raising his head slowly, Kurt looked at his son through the crib bars and he stood up slowly, swaying a bit from fatigue as he went to his baby’s side and he fell to his knees beside the crib and wept bitter tears.

“Please, don’t let my baby suffer like this!” he whispered. He bit his bottom lip until it drew blood. “Please, end it!”

Kurt felt a hand on his shoulder and he sighed softly as he turned his head and looked up at the Lady. His smile died away slowly when he saw the sad look on Her face.

“What is the matter?” he asked, standing up slowly.

“Kurt, there is only one way to end your babies suffering.” The Lady told him gently.

“How?” Kurt looked into Her eyes and his own started to fill up with hot tears, as he understood. He bowed his head and he looked down at his sleeping baby, able to hear its struggling breath.

“He’ll be all right when it’s over.” The Lady assured him, resting a hand on his arm. “But it must be done tonight.”

“I don’t think my wife would like me simply letting You take our baby away.” Kurt said, a bit too harshly to his own ears.

“You will have other children.”

“But what about Willard? Why can’t you heal him?” Kurt asked.

“It is not my place to interfere with everything the Father does.” The Lady pointed out gently. “Please, do not fight me with this, Kurt.” Kurt let out a shuddering sigh and he closed his eyes, nodding very slowly.

“You must be the one to take him.” He said softly, looking down at his son.

The Lady slowly walked up to the crib and with Kurt watching Her; She gently reached down and picked up the baby’s soul. The child let out a gurgling laugh in Her arms and his tail waved faintly from underneath his blanket.

Kurt turned his head away and shut his eyes tightly.

The Lady rested a hand on his arm and squeezed it lightly.

“You gave up your child freely, Kurt. Did you forget the story of Abraham and his son?” she asked gently.

“His son was allowed to live.” Kurt said.

“And so will yours, and when you and Ororo are ready, you both shall meet him again and see how strong a young man he will become.” The Lady told him. “The pain will pass in time, and Ororo will bear more children for you both.”

When the Lady left him, Kurt stood there for a moment, looking at nothing in his son’s dead room. He turned his head slowly and he looked down at the still body. He gently scooped up his son in his arms and he sat down in his rocking chair, rocking his baby back and forth the entire night.

Upstairs, Ororo was unable to sleep but Kurt had told her not to go into the baby’s room that night, saying that he was going to try and ask the Lady to spare their child. So, she tended the giant rose bush that had sprung from the single one Kurt had received years ago.

As she started to water it, her eyes grew wide and she dropped the watering can.

Slowly, she picked up a rosebud that had died and fallen to the ground. She remembered this rosebud distinctively because it came to bloom the day Willard was born. When Willard became ill, so did the rosebud.

She knew without going downstairs that her baby was dead, and she watered the plants with her tears.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
thylacine
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's First Son

Post by thylacine »

That is way too sad.
Zuno
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's First Son

Post by Zuno »

Ow, so sad. *Lok's at a 3 weaks old girl sleaping neckst to me* So sad. :bawl
Please visit my art side: http://the-shadowcat.deviantart.com/

I apolagise for my spelling mistakes.
English being my second language + dyslexsia = lotts of them XD
Lady_Deathstrike
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt's First Son

Post by Lady_Deathstrike »

What a tear-jerker......:(
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's First Son

Post by Lauren »

Aww, I'm sorry guys...I'll work on a happy one to make up for it.

Give the 3 week old girl a huggle for me pwease?
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Zuno
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's First Son

Post by Zuno »

*Give's a nice big hug to little Helene from Lauren*
Please visit my art side: http://the-shadowcat.deviantart.com/

I apolagise for my spelling mistakes.
English being my second language + dyslexsia = lotts of them XD
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's First Son

Post by Lauren »

awww such a cute name...

KinkyTails
Lubber
Lubber

sad..

Post by KinkyTails »

awww very sad..but i guess in life we cant always be happy ..but im sure lauren you could continue the story and make it a happy ending :)
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's First Son

Post by Lauren »

I plan on making one nice and fluffy!

KinkyTails
Lubber
Lubber

yay!!!

Post by KinkyTails »

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's First Son

Post by Lauren »

I am the queen of fluff and sadness! WHOOOOOO:shocked

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Kurt's First Son

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:bawl :sob OH DEAR GOD! *bawls more* I don't think I've ver almost cried from a fan fic! EISH! ....nicely done.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Kurt's First Son

Post by Lauren »

Awww shucks, tweren't nothin'