Art - Walking Home Second Draft

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

"Where'd you get that alibi? Did it fall right out of the midnight sky? Did you find it by the side of the road?" ~Patty Loveless, Where Do You Go

Walking Home

Another Remy pic. For Lauren, because her fic "The Gloves Are Off" told me exactly who would be looking at that box.

Sketched, watercoloured grey and then blurred on the computer. The watercolors wrecked my paper. Grrr. :mad It's very stylized, like most of my stuff.

Goes with a poem - Walking Home

Walking home
With a tapestry unnoticed above your head
Where you've sunken so deep inside yourself
You can't even remember
What it was like to feel the surface

Walking home
Where the light you've trusted burn eternal dimmed
And whispered goodbyes taint the air
The metallic tang isn't blood
It's the scarlet paint from a heart

Walking home
With your eyes on the endless expanse of black
And only white lines stain the dark
You could get lost
If those white lines weren't there to hold onto

Walking home
Where the jar of wishes broke
And scattered
Like ants
Onto the table and onto the floor

Walking home
With the smoke in your eyes
To remind you of the fire waiting when you're
Walking home

Comments?
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

I hope you were kidding when you said this sucked. If you weren't, I think you're nuts. I do have a tiny bit of advise... I wont post it unless you say I can though. oh please, oh please, oh please!!!! If not, I just posted a schpeil on body proportions in the seriouse crit. *hinting, hinting, hinting* *hoping to peak an interest*

It's not bad by any means though. look at the shading!!! it's beautiful!!!
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Yeah, it was the body proportions that sucked. Say all you want. He reminds me of Clay Aiken for some odd reason. :urg

I screwed it up halfway through. Blah.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Originally posted by SheCat
Yeah, it was the body proportions that sucked. Say all you want. He reminds me of Clay Aiken for some odd reason. :urg

I screwed it up halfway through. Blah.
Phff! Clay Aiken...Must not...snort up Coke...!! :LOL

Sorry; *is anti-Clay, for some reason*

This is just fine, luv!! If you say "I suck" or "this pic sucks" one more time, I will strike you with a herring or the moon will fall on me!

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

And then cut down the tallest tree, my dear Siona! With the herring!

No, I like Clay's voice, but he looks like a total geek minus the shoulders. No offense to anyone.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

This won't hurt I promise!!! The male body is about 8 heads tall, so from the top of the head to the bottom of the heal it should fit 8 of the sized head you have. It's an easy way to check your proportion. Also, the crotch is the halfway point. Not the hips or stomach, which most people will tell you. The arms should hang to about half way between the knee and th crotch, yours in this pic are a little long. Try forshortening the feet too. You can do this by drawing them with a more blunt front.

Your shading is wonderful and you have a great quality to the faberic. It actually give the impression of wind. Gesture in inanimate objects can really enhance a picture and you did a really great job of that here.

See!!! That wasn't so bad, was it? People in college still mess up proportions every now and then, myself included. If you use the visual cues I gave you, it's easier to keep it close. It's tough to do. To this day I have a tendancy to draw my figures closer to 7 heads than 8.

Like I said, you have some really strong aspects to your drawing which means you're capable of correcting and learning to deal with the parts you find difficult. I wouldn't bother if I didn't think so.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Thanks for the great crit! I'm going to do a second draft of this baby soon, so I'll defintely keep those in mind.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Second draft is up, though I didn't use the watercolor for this one because it wrecks the scanned picture.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

That looks so much better!!! Way to take advice and really run with it. The proportioning is fantastic this time around. By the way, I love what you did with the sky.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Thank you again. I owe all that proportioning improvement to you. Because, :blush, I used a ruler once I read it.
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

propor proportions ar the biggest pain in the butt, yet it's so important you can't escape it. I try to get around it when ever I can by drawing my figures mid-action, or at angles, that way I have extreem forshortening and prespective.... It's harder to tell if it's off that way. My one professor teases me about it alot. If I can find some one to help me do it, I'll post some of mine.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

That what I do too. I have some Deus pictures somewhere where he's always got his hand in front of him. But then the hand has to be detailed. Feh.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

You are your own worst critic, SheCat! I really like this picture, the box is kinda funny

And no.. I don't mind being advertised. I'm a whore for recognition;)
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Because the box is dead!

Sorry. I like my boxes skewed. A box left out in the wet would be skewed, I guess.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

wouldn't it be all melty and breaking apart and stuff?
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Not the rain, just the mist. Heck, I don't know. It's a frikken' box.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

but the box is very important because it makes the picture kind of funny!