Wolvertique's Wondrous Works Part Deux!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Power -- Continued, The Next Morning

Post by Wolvertique »

She woke up the next morning in intense pain. Her whole body ached. Her throat hurt, her eyes burned, she was dizzy, and her head felt like it was flying away from her neck. She had been having the weirdest dreams, about a normal-looking Toad who sang her to sleep.

The room she woke up in was sparsely furnished. It was paneled in golden oak with a basic brown carpet on the floor. The bed fit her narrow body pretty well. She was lying under a green bedspread with a pretty pattern of darker green leaves on top. There were two small paintings on the wall, one of an Irish setter jumping, the other of a forest with a small creek bubbling through it.

A rocking chair sat, empty, by the room's only door. In the gray light from the large window, the single lamp on the mission style end table looked old and worn. A small bookshelf set into the wall across from the bed, half-full of books, completed the room's contents.

Lockheed had sneaked under her covers sometime during the night. She looked under them and blushed. She wore a pink nightgown and nothing else. "Lockheed?" she asked, nervous.

The dragon yawned and crawled out, scratching himself. He carefully placed his tail across her forehead and yipped, pulling it back as if it had been scorched. She plucked at her nightgown, still concerned. He cuddled into her neck. "It's okay Kitty Kitty," he said in a light, flat, unaccented voice.

"So. You're awake." The voice didn't sound happy as it blasted into the room from above her head. "Suppose you'll be wanting your breakfast. I'll be up with it in a bit, then we'll discuss the rules." His voice cut off. She frowned. One of the panels above her head must conceal a speaker for an intercom system.

"Lockheed? I'm in Toad's house, right?" Lockheed puffed out a spark and nodded.

She clutched him to her pink ruffled chest. "It's not going to be easy to pick up a phone and call the Professor, then."

The door opened and the man himself entered, carrying a tray. His hair was clean and neat, his khaki pants had fresh creases, and his light green sweater covered his shirt to just below its brown collar. The tray had a mound of yellow scrambled eggs and a tall glass of orange juice on it.

His dark eyes flickered over her and her friend. "Sit up." He waited as she struggled into a sitting position. Lockheed pushed a pillow behind her head to prop her up. She clutched the covers to her neck and stared up at Toad.

His mouth twisted in cynical amusement. "Oh, please, give it up. Who do you think put that gown on you, Jehovah?" He settled the tray across her lap as she fidgeted at the idea of him seeing her, uncomfortable under his regard. She sniffed, but couldn't smell the food through her stuffed up nose.

There were two round white pills on her tray, as well as two pieces of buttered toast. He tapped the tray to get her attention. "Now. Pay attention, honored guest." His sarcasm was apparent. She looked up as he began pacing, glancing at her between steps. "To continue enjoying the hospitality of Toad Hall, you need to follow a few simple rules. They tell me you're a clever girl, so it should be easy to understand, even through this nasty flu you've got. Do not attempt to contact anyone outside my humble abode for any reason. No one will contact you." Out of the corner of his eye, he caught her disbelieving expression. He turned and looked at her with arrogant confidence. "All that time I spent with Magneto was not solely spent bootlicking and cringing, you know. I have some talent."

Kitty's face cleared and she began thinking. He sounded defiant, but there was an undertone of something … what was it?

"So." He walked away from her again. "I disabled your communicator and all communication devices on your craft, with the help of your little scaly friend, of course."

Her mouth fell open. "Lockheed!" Her cry of surprise caused him to raise his nose from the toast he had been licking on her plate.

He cleared his throat. "Kitty Kitty needed help." He cocked his head at her and opened his eyes wide, batting his eyelids.

"Yes. Your animal agreed to these terms already, on your behalf." He towered over her again. "Right. You don't try to raise your friends. I care for you and let you leave when you are well. You come up with a story, any story at all, to explain where you've been and what you've been doing. But you never mention my home or me to anyone else. I don't care who asks or for what reason. Not for Xavier, not for Wolverine, not even your God should he show his face again. Got it?"

She nodded. "I won't tell anyone." It settled over her in a flash and she gave a sudden smile. Hurt. Toad had sounded like many of the new mutants did when they first came in to Xavier's, desperate to prove his worth, though he doubted anyone else would believe him.

"Good." He backed up. "Eat and drink all of it. Take the pain medicine." He turned away, heading to the door.

"Thank you." She took a forkful of eggs. "What should I call you? What's your real name, I mean?"

He laughed, stopping but not turning to face her. "It's so bad that being called Toad's an improvement, believe it or not."

She nodded as he opened the door. "I liked the song. It was beautiful."

He pirouetted gracefully and mock-bowed to her in the doorway. "Just call me Andy."

The door closed and she put the eggs in her mouth. They didn't hurt her throat. In fact, they felt kind of good.

She looked at Lockheed with her achy, burning eyes. "At least you're here with me."

Lockheed ate the last of her toast. "Gleep."
Mystique: "How would you like to come see some really awful black velvet paintings of bullfighters?"
Wolverine: "What, no etchings?"
Mystique: "Just bullfighters...that's all they have on my motel room wall."
--Wolverine #51, "The Crunch Conundrum"

"Scott, everybody knows J-P would slap us all silly and make us little French speaking clones of him if he could." -- Bobby Drake
theindigojester
Lubber
Lubber

Post by theindigojester »

Yes indeed, that is a very nice story. What exactly does toad look like in this story though? I understand he is "cleaned up," but does he have green skin and warts? Wierd eyes? I'm just having trouble picturing that part of the story, otherwise great work. Keep it up!
"A face only a mother could hurl into a river."
:):evokurt:moviecrawler:ultimate;)
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

awww Lockheed said gleep! me likes the story too! and me gives beau a big Easter hug *huggles him*

AND WHY ARE YOU STALKING ME?!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wolvertique »

Toad has very clear dark eyes, very liquid, much like Ray Park's in the movie. Otherwise, I imagine he doesn't look too much out of the ordinary. Everything I've seen of him in the comics mainly shows him looking weird because he distorts his face with hateful looks and wears medieval style clothing.
Mystique: "How would you like to come see some really awful black velvet paintings of bullfighters?"

"Scott, everybody knows J-P would slap us all silly and make us little French speaking clones of him if he could." -- Bobby Drake
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wolvertique »

Lauren, I'm stalking you for fun and profit. And, I confess, to see how long it'd take you to notice. ;) Besides, you said I might be stalking you, pal, in your location thingie.

StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

Thoughs were very nice up dates. Most animal don't like noise unless they have been raised with it.
Also thanks for leting my know I spelled it right Wolvertique.
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Are you continuing 'Power'? Toad/Kitty would actually be an interesting pairing in this scenario. I love how you portray Toad, it's very good. It takes a lot of talent to take a character and show a side that's totally unexpected, yet makes sense (believe me, I'd know. My only attempt at portraying Boromir from LOTR went down in flames) Lockheed is really funny, at first he was kind of a draconian Lassie, sort of. Very cute.
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wolvertique »

I'll sure try, though I'm not sure how much time I'll have with tax day approaching...please, friends, be patient.

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

*grabs Beau and puts him in a bag* I'll just kep this until you stop stalking me missy!
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

Oh, and BTW, Wolvertique, your fic 'Power' just converted another of my friends to Nightscrawlers. I printed off the first two parts and gave them to him. When he was done, he said, and I quote, "Man, this is fantastic! Please tell me there's more! This Wolvertique person is a great author!" So now you might have a stalker...:D Yeah.
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lost?

Post by Wolvertique »

Beau was exhausted. He had been put in a dark, scary place, with no flock, and stuff touching him all over. He had tried biting it. The stuff was still there. He tried running away. It was still there. He tried calling to flock, now, but heard nothing.

Lauren awoke with a start. She had logged in to chat with her friends and post more stories on Nightscrawlers, but had been tired and fell asleep soon after accessing the computer. She frowned. What had awakened her?

Beau wanted Out. He furiously attacked the thing holding him again, biting and hissing viciously.

A sudden loud noise came from the corner of the room, rustling, as well as the sound of an air leak. Lauren caught her breath as the noise startled her. She looked away from the computer, trying to locate the source of the sound.

"Ahem." A short, thick, hairy index finger was tapping on her shoulder. Lauren looked up to see the not-entirely unexpected wild hair, unshaven face, and clear, challenging eyes of Logan. "Think ya got something of ours in that bag over there, kid."

His Flock! His Flock had come! Beau screamed as loudly as he could to get the Flock's attention. He wanted to warn the flock. He wanted the flock to save him. Flock usually gave him good things. Flock would help!

Lauren's hands flew to her ears as Beau started screaming at the top of his lungs. His piercing cries mixed bird noises and calls of "Remy!" in Logan's voice. Logan sardonically grinned as Beau's shrieks came from the bag she'd stuffed him in.

"So, ya gonna give him up, or am I gonna have to drag the elf into this?"

(Whaddya say to him, Lauren? ;) Dare you to reply...)

SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Sorry I haven't been around. I'll be catching up on your stories on ff.net. Please forgive me?

That last piece with Beau told me that you still have your touch for keeping the reader interested. Really nice job. I give you kudos. :kiss So sorry I haven't been around!
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wolvertique »

SHHHEEEECAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!! ::runs and hugs her:: How the heck are you? Has that pesky real life stuff been keeping you off here? Darn it to heck!

Ahem. SheCat. Cool.

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Lauren smirked slightly, taking the bag and taking Beau out, but since she was wearing protectively gloves, she wasn't bothered by Beau's bites.

"We can have a trade off if you want." she said, petting the cute little 'tiel. "You give me Kurt, dressed in a leather sex slave outfit and wearing a power inhibiting collar complete with a leash, and you get the cute little birdie back! If not, I write a story where you and Victor get together and have a threesome with Toad!"

Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Bargaining

Post by Wolvertique »

Beau struggled in Lauren's hands and hissed and tried to bite. He could see his flock now. Why hadn't his flock come to him? He cringed as the not-flock scary things touched his head.

Logan frowned and growled a little, his eyes flickering from her to Beau. "I ain't a pimp, and I never wanted to be one. Let's try something more realistic. Say, I bring Kurt here and you talk to him about what you want, while I hold Beau."

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

"Right, and then you and Kurt teleport away with the bird. Nothing dong pal! at least bring him out here in the outfit and collar, and MAYBE we'll think of something." She looked at Beau and smiled, stroking his chest feathers lightly

Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wolvertique »

Beau panted and creeled piteously. The not-flock had him imprisoned. He hated it.

Logan watched Lauren, wary. At least she wasn't demanding that Kurt do anything right off the bat. He pulled out his communicator. "You been following things back at base, Bobby?"

Bobby Drake nodded, his communicator held to his face by his ice powers. "We don't really have a 'sex slave' outfit, but Kurt's willing to put on some leather and go with a power inhibitor wristband to get Beau out. He's standing by beside me."

"Is he all right?" Kurt was nearly dancing in agitation, sweating a little from the (all right, a little too tight) black leather pants he was wearing.

"Beau's okay, right, Logan?"

Logan frowned. "Don't know. He's getting pretty stressed." He looked up from his communicator. "Any chance you got a cage or a box or something to put him in? He ain't happy, and that could be trouble." He looked at Lauren, the threat obvious. "If Beau gets too stressed, no deals. He could die."

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

"I used to own a parrakeet mister!" she said, pulling out the old but still nice cage, she gently put Beau inside and put some nuts and stuff in there for him to munch on. "You see? Now let's get on with this all ready!"

Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wolvertique »

Beau hopped eagerly into the small cage. It wasn't his home, but it was better than the bag or the evil not-flock stick things that had been confining him. He climbed around the cage a little, then picked at the stuff in the cup. There might be food in there.

Logan watched the bird, then gave a crisp nod. "Come on, elf." His communicator chirped.

The room filled with the stench of Kurt's teleportation, then the man himself appeared. His slender, athletic form was clad in a black leather vest with silver buttons and black leather pants. His dark hair was somewhat disordered. He attached a slim black velvet band to his right wrist as he appeared, his golden eyes fixed on the cage with the bird in it.

The go to bed flock was here! Beau looked up from the food and hissed a little. He did not want to go to sleep yet.

Kurt frowned, glanced at Logan, then looked to Lauren. "So. You wanted me here. I am here, ja? Let us talk."

Logan pulled out a chair and sat in it, absentmindedly pulling out a cigar from his pocket.

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Lauren leapt on top of Kurt, wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck as she immediately kissed him. In between kisses she said, "You can take the birdie!" then she went back to attacking Kurt with kisses

Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wolvertique »

Beau ate. The go to bed human didn't seem to be trying to make him go to sleep right now. The fun to preen human was making some odd noises, though. He cocked his head and opened his beak, wondering if he could make these noises.

Logan dropped the cigar and cleared his throat. "Elf, ya gonna be okay?"

Kurt sighed. "I have...endured...worse," he admitted between kisses. "Just check...out...some really...bad fanfiction."

Logan shrugged. "At least they usually don't try to do slash with you and Scott." He picked up the cage. "Bobby, I'm coming in with Beau. Kurt'll be coming back when he's good and ready."

He looked down at Lauren. "Hurt him, and what I'll do to you will make Sabretooth look like a choirboy."

He left the room, not waiting for her reply, Beau's cage in his hand.

Flock had him. He was okay. But flock was being left behind! He screamed for the blue flock as he left the room.

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Lauren waved her hand faintly and continued to kiss Kurt, and then she turned out the lights...

Five hours later...

"That was fun." she said, playing with his tossled hair. "You can go home now." she smiled twirling his tail around one finger slightly

Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wolvertique »

He shrugged, gathering together his clothing, which had been strewn over the room. "By the way, could you do me one small favor, liebe?" He grinned widely, pulling his pants back on, his tail lashing the air slightly.

SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Hey, but Toad's a sexay beast!

Really quite amusing, you two. I especially like the Scott/Logan reference. =D
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

"Don't kidnap the birdie again?" she asked, cocking an eyebrow slightly.