Lauren's Stories!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Wolvertique »

Erm...just FYI, Holstein is a cattle breed, not a kind of horse. :) Threw me off in that last story of yours.
Mystique: "How would you like to come see some really awful black velvet paintings of bullfighters?"
Wolverine: "What, no etchings?"
Mystique: "Just bullfighters...that's all they have on my motel room wall."
--Wolverine #51, "The Crunch Conundrum"

"Scott, everybody knows J-P would slap us all silly and make us little French speaking clones of him if he could." -- Bobby Drake
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

I went on Encarta and they said that there is an old German breed of horse called the Holstein. It was a war horse bred by monks in the 12th century.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I beleive Lauren Might be right. I have a horse encyclopedia that I can dig out of my garage to check, but I'm not really sure where in my garage it is.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Wolvertique »

:eek If you say so. I think the normal reaction, unless you explain, however, will be to think it's a cow.

Of course, I have no problem with Kurt riding a cow. "Trusty steed? I thought you said steer." ;)
Mystique: "How would you like to come see some really awful black velvet paintings of bullfighters?"
Wolverine: "What, no etchings?"
Mystique: "Just bullfighters...that's all they have on my motel room wall."
--Wolverine #51, "The Crunch Conundrum"

"Scott, everybody knows J-P would slap us all silly and make us little French speaking clones of him if he could." -- Bobby Drake
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Mistress D »

Yay! I like this story! :) I love the part with the horse. I'm not the best with money, so I probably would have taken it for the 100. :LOL
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by RavEnigma »

:D Love this! Once your finished, can I have it for my site? It absolutely rules! Especially the part with the horse, I'm obsessed with horses. And Holstein is a breed of horse. Two of the horses I took care of last summer, Kaya and Chiharu, they were Holsteins. Very fast runners, and very playful, trust me.
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Return

Post by Lauren »

Author’s Note: I kind of play around with actual historical facts in this one. It was actually in 1561 in England that had the law that any Rom found were to be branded with a “V” on their chest and be a slave for two years. If they escaped and were then recaptured; they received an “S” and were the slave to whoever captured them for life.

The part about Moravia however is the truth, sadly enough.

Does anyone else see a pattern here with our history as a species?

This was it.

After three years of enduring Logan and his madness, Kurt only had to complete one final test and he would officially pass Logan’s martial arts training.

All he had to do was beat Logan in a kind of hide-and-seek game in the forest.

Beat Logan in a hide-and-seek game while blindfolded.

He stood in the middle of what he hoped was a small clearing, trying to keep his mind blank and focused like Logan had taught him as he tightened his grip on the katana Logan had given him when he finished his sword training.

The wind slowly blew on his back, and he stiffened, turning his head side to side as he tried to figure everything out. He was thinking too much, and he couldn’t hear anything except for his heart pounding in his ears.

This wasn’t going to work; Kurt could tell right away. Taking a deep breath, he let it out slowly, trying to feel the elements as Logan had told him to do. The sound of his heart pounding in his ears soon died down, and Kurt soon got a mental picture of what was around him.

His feet flexed and unflexed, telling him that he was on grass that was still wet from the drizzle they had had in the morning. He slowly tilted his head to one side; he heard branches from trees banging lightly against each other, telling him which way the wind was blowing.

The thing he noticed was that all around him the branches in the trees were swaying and making some sort of sound. All of them that is, except for one on his left.

Slowly, Kurt turned his katana around in a full circle before he started to move forward and slightly to the left, trying not to let on that he knew. He made his tail slowly sway towards the left, feeling out how far away the trees were. After he had made his guess, he teleported and hoped to God that he didn’t end up impaled in a tree.

Luckily, Kurt didn’t end up impaled on any branches, and he was rewarded with a Snikt sound as Logan leapt back and got ready to fight him.

“I thought you said I only had to find you!” Kurt said, bracing himself for a fight.

“Never make assumptions, Elf!” Logan said, charging at him suddenly. Kurt held his katana to the side and he deflected the claws that came at him. He moved all around, using his tail to tell him where things were as he deflected Logan’s blows, listening to the whistling noise they made when they cut through the air in a slashed motion.

He kept it up until he felt that his hands and arms would get too numb to hold the katana anymore. Narrowing his eyes behind his blindfold, Kurt teleported behind Logan and he stabbed as hard as he could, thinking that Logan would deflect the blow.

Instead, he felt it stab into something soft, and Logan growl softly in pain.

Gasping, he let go and he took off his blindfold, finding that he had stabbed Logan in the side pretty deeply. Clapping a hand over his mouth, his eyes grew wide as he tried to think of what to say as Logan pulled the katana out of his side.

“Logan…” he started.

“Nice move, Elf.” Logan said with a smile. “The use of the tail helped you get better connected with everything in your surroundings.”

“But your wound…”

“Is nothing.” Logan said, waving his hand dismissively at him. Slowly, the wound started to close up and it was as if nothing had happened. Smiling at Kurt’s surprise, Logan flipped the katana around and gave it to him handle first.

“You won.” He said. “Congratulations, Elf!” Kurt smiled faintly, sheathing his katana as he followed Logan back to the mansion.

“I can’t believe I did that!” he said. “I was so scared at first!”

“I know.” Logan nodded. “I could smell the fear on you.” Kurt blushed faintly, looking down at the ground.

“You could have at least lied about knowing.” He said. Logan snorted softly.

“Ya beat me, what else do you want from me, Elf?” he asked. Kurt shrugged helplessly, placing a playful arm around Logan’s shoulders.

“How about a kiss?” he asked. Logan calmly shoved him away by pressing his hand on Kurt’s face as they entered the house.

“In your dreams maybe.” He said.

“Kurt.” Looking up, Kurt cocked an eyebrow slightly at Scott.

“Were you waiting for me?” he asked. Scott nodded, uncrossing his arms slightly.

“The Professor wants to see you. He says that some people came to see you.” He said. Looking over at Logan with raised eyebrows, Kurt shrugged and he climbed the stairs and entered Charles’ study, finding the man sitting down and leafing through a manuscript.

Looking up, Charles smiled and he stood up, taking Kurt lightly by the arm and leading him over to the front of the school, keeping his back to the door.

“Scott said that some people were here for me.” Kurt said. Charles nodded a bit, smiling faintly at him.

“Yes, that’s correct.”

“Who is it?” Kurt asked, looking at Charles anxiously.

“Now calm down, Kurt.” Charles said seriously. “You need to be under control when you see them and…”

“Is it my tribe? Have they come for me?” Kurt asked excitedly. Charles sighed softly, looking down slightly.

“Yes and no, Kurt.” He said. Kurt frowned slightly, tilting his head to one side.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“They’ll be able to tell you better than I can.” Charles said.

“Who are they though?” Kurt insisted.

“Stop asking so many questions!” someone laughed from behind. “That’s what always annoyed mother you know!” Looking over his shoulder, Kurt’s eyes grew wide at the sight of his brother Stefan waiting just outside the door for him. Stefan was nearly knocked down to the ground as his little brother leapt up and hugged him tightly around the neck. Laughing, he patted him lightly on the back.

“*Devlesa avilan!*” he cried happily. Stefan smiled faintly at him.

“*Devlesa araklam tume.*” he said, before he realized that Kurt was hugging a bit too tightly around his neck. “I’m happy to see you too!” he said. “But I would like to breathe too.” Laughing, Kurt let go and he looked around, tears of happiness falling down his cheeks.

“Where are the others?” he asked. “Tell me!” he said desperately. Stefan laughed, shaking his head a bit.

“You don’t need to cry about this, Kurt.” He said. “Everything is all right now!”

“But where are the others?” Kurt asked, looking at him anxiously. “Where are mother, Jimaine, Gummi, Haus, and the others?” Stefan’s face became sad for a moment, but then he smiled faintly and tilted his head to one side.

“Turn around.” He said simply. Confused, Kurt did so, and his mouth opened slightly in awe.

Jimaine was standing in the doorway beside Charles, her hands clasped in front of her slightly. A large headscarf was placed over her head, covering most of it except for her face, which sparkled with the light of her smile as she waved lightly at Kurt.

Something was off however, but Kurt couldn’t put his finger on it. He shrugged it off and he ran up to hug her, but she stepped back slightly, taking his hands in her own instead.

“I’m so glad to see you again, brother.” Jimaine said. Kurt smiled and tried to kiss her on the cheek, but she moved her head away, making him look at her in confusion.

“What’s going on?” he asked, looking from Jimaine to Stefan. Stefan looked over at Jimaine, and he sighed softly, turning back to Kurt.

“We’re the only ones left, Kurt.” He said softly. Kurt looked at him in horror, slowly shaking his head as he turned to Jimaine.

“He’s lying.” He said. “Tell me he’s lying!” He tried to touch her face, and she looked away, her eyes watery and sparkling with her tears.

“Jimaine?”

“Show him what happened, Jimaine.” Stefan said softly. “It’s the only way that he’ll understand.” Nodding sadly, Jimaine undid the knot under her chin and she let the headscarf fall to the ground.

Kurt and everyone who was in the room at the time stared at her helplessly, looking at her shaven head and missing left ear. It looked like someone had taken a knife and attacked it crazily, hacking it away to nothing but a hole in the side of her head. All that was left of her hair was enough to make a ponytail, and it was the headscarf that kept it in place and made it look as if she still had her hair.

“We tried to go to Moravia.” Stefan explained softly, showing Kurt the “V” that was branded on his chest. “We were captured on the border however, and we tried to escape, but their laws were to kill whoever resisted, and almost everyone was killed right away in that.

“When it was over, only Jimaine, Gummi, and I were left alive. They shaved Jimaine and Gummi bald, and Gummi died when they started to cut off her ear. They branded us with these V’s on our chests, marking us for slavery for two years.

“We broke out after a year and a half, and we’ve been looking for you ever since.”

Tears flowed freely down Kurt’s cheeks and he turned to Jimaine, lightly running a finger down the hole on the side of her head. She looked down, ashamed at her scarred looks.

Kurt slowly hugged her, burying his face in her neck, feeling completely helpless.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered. “I’m so sorry.”

Romani Translation:

Devlesa avilan: It is God who brought you

Devlesa araklam tume: It is with God that we found you
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

well of course you can! I'm not a story hog you know! that's why I'm sharing them with you people.

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:(How sad...people can be so cruel...It is a happy thying that he got to see his brother und sister again.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

yeah...*goes back in time and starts to smack random people* KNOCK IT OFF PEOPLE!

kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Lauren's Stories!

Post by kladyelf »

Gah, the things that people do to each other.... horrible

Of course, I have no problem with Kurt riding a cow. "Trusty steed? I thought you said steer."
:LOL
Now there's a mental image!
:oops "Ach i think i need glasses, oh well. -Rollin' rollin' rollin' .... Raww hiiide!"

heh, i can just imagine Kurt (maybe in his later years) peering shortsightedly at a cow and declaring it a fine steed ... and getting out a bridle :D
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

This IS in England

Post by Lauren »

“There’s a room upstairs where you can have some privacy if you wish.” Charles said softly, his eyes filled with sorrow. Kurt slowly pulled back and he nodded faintly, unable to speak due to the sobs trying to come up and strangle him. Bending down slowly, he picked up the ponytail and headscarf, looking at Jimaine and Stefan sadly as he led them up the stairs into an empty room.

He shut and locked the door, indicating to them the bed and chair for them to sit on. They were all quiet as he sat down beside Jimaine, gently putting her headscarf and ponytail onto her as they had been before.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered again, looking away. Stefan and Jimaine looked at each other in confusion.

“Sorry for what?” Stefan asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“Maybe if I had tried to stay in Prussia, or ask the Professor to find and bring you here…” Shaking her head, Jimaine cupped his chin in her hand, and she made him look at her.

“You didn’t do any thing wrong, Kurt.” She said, smiling weakly. “I might have forgotten it too if I was in such a big place like this!” she said with a laugh.

“But I didn’t forget.” Kurt said. “I still thought about you everyday.”

“Stop kicking yourself.” Stefan said, resting a hand on his shoulder. “It’s not like you were in league with the Gadje who did this to us.” He said with a laugh. “Now come on, this visit was supposed to be a happy one, and here we are sobbing in a room like old women at a funeral!”

Kurt laughed weakly, shaking his head faintly.

“I’m sorry.” He said, wiping his eyes slowly with his tail. When he saw the look Stefan and Jimaine gave him, he laughed and held up his hands in defense. “I meant about the sobbing!” he said.

“Are you hungry?” he asked, tilting his head to one side. “It’s about time for lunch and I can show you around afterwards!” he offered.

“Thinking with your stomach; brilliant Kurt!” Stefan said, putting an arm around his shoulders. Kurt poked him in the side with the tip of his tail.

“If I remember correctly, someone in this room ate in vast quantities for EVERY meal.” He said. Stefan calmly looked over at Jimaine, raising his eyebrows slightly.

“I think our brother is trying to tell you something, Jimaine.” He said. They all laughed at that, and Kurt couldn’t help but shake his head a bit at his brother.

“You are impossible!” he said. “Come on, I think I smell food coming out of the oven!”

When they reached the kitchen, Jean was taking out a stack of her hotcakes. The kitchen became quiet, and everyone looked over at the three warily. There was a moment of odd silence until Stefan snorted softly, shaking his head.

“We came here to cheer our brother up and here is everyone with such long faces!” he said, turning to Jimaine. “I think we should leave, don’t you agree?” he asked. Jimaine put on a serious face, acting as if she was thinking for a moment.

“I would have to agree.” She said finally. “We should go before they start crying on us!” They turned to go and Kurt held them back, laughing.

“Give them a chance.” He said. “Especially Bobby! He must be bursting with hole-in-the-head jokes!” This caused Bobby to burst into laughter.

“It’s true!” he said. “Oh my God it’s true.” This broke the ice and everyone opened up more, acting as they would usually during lunchtime.

Ororo rested an arm around Kurt’s shoulders, smiling at Jimaine.

“You are his sister?” she asked.

“Yes.”

“He talked a lot about you and your brother.” Ororo said with a smile. Jimaine looked from Ororo to Kurt, slowly starting to understand.

“You had better keep my brother happy.” She said. “Or I’ll put a curse on you!” Kurt started to blush and Ororo laughed, nodding a bit.

“Don’t worry, I will.” She promised. She looked over at Kurt and she played with a lock of his hair. “As long as he keeps me happy too!”

“Oh you don’t have to worry about that.” Stefan said. “Didn’t Kurt tell you about all of the girls he had in the past?”

“Stefan…”

“I’m surprised that he doesn’t have five kids by now!” Kurt frowned, narrowing his eyes slightly. Ororo laughed, shaking her head slightly.

“You know what happens now?” he asked.

“No, what?” Stefan asked. In answer, Kurt pounced on him and startled to tickle him mercilessly.

“Kurt’s never been this animate before!” Jean said. “It’s like your coming here brought something out in him. I hope you both will stay with us.”

“If it’s not too much trouble.” Jimaine said, holding onto her glass so that it wouldn’t fall over as Stefan and Kurt banged into the table, still tickle fighting each other.

“Of course not!” Jean said. “We’ve got plenty of room.” She suddenly flinched, narrowing her glowing eyes slightly.

“What’s the matter?” Jimaine asked. Jean got to her feet swiftly.

“Men are coming.” She said. “Three soldiers who think they saw you come here.”

“Code yellow!” Scott said, leaving the kitchen swiftly. “Kurt, Hank, Warren, Ororo, and Kurt’s brother and sister! Head on up to the attic and don’t leave until we give the signal. Remy you’re blind so tie on a piece of cloth to cover those eyes of yours and John; you’re just a servant for us again. Come on!”

Kurt and the others went up to the final floor, and Hank pulled on a cord that opened up a flight of steps to the attic. The attic was cool but dark with a few old statues and furniture all around it. Bending down, Warren removed four small boards that revealed a good view of the main room as Ororo brought up the steps.

They waited there for a while, Kurt telling in a whisper how Jean knew who was coming and what they were thinking.

“Shhh.” Warren whispered, his feathers ruffling in agitation as he watched Charles walk up to the front door. Everyone fell silent and they crowded around the hole to watch and listen.

When Charles opened the door, he found himself looking at three soldiers. Their leader looked like a strong man with long golden hair and blue eyes that would make the sky envious.

“Can I help you gentlemen?” he asked.

“My name is Brian Braddock; general of His Majesties clean up squadron.” The leader said. “We spotted two Gypsies heading this way and we order you to let us search your house for them.” Charles cocked an eyebrow, stepping aside calmly.

“How can I refuse such a polite request?” he asked as the soldiers started their search. They were quite rude, brushing by people as they entered their rooms and dug around. Brian nearly received a charged card in his boot, but Rogue stopped Remy from doing that right away.

Charles did not enter their minds, but Jean didn’t want to take any chances and she dove into Brian’s mind right away.

What she saw was a young woman, hiding in a room she shared with her brother. A purple and pink light surrounded her eyes, taking the form of a butterfly.

Her name was Betsy Braddock, sister to Brian Braddock.

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Interesting, my Queen. I will be honored to wait for the next installment.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Trouble Averted

Post by Lauren »

Author’s Note: In one point in this chapter, it is mentioned that Holland once gave shelter to Rom before taking it back and kicking them all out; this is all true, except that the year may be different.

The same goes to the trial in the American Colonies were a group of Rom were arrested and accused of being cannibals. They were found innocent however of the charges and I think they were just exiled for being Romani. *Waves finger in the air* Whoo hoo for mankind’s understanding nature.

Jean’s surprising discovery of Brian’s sister was interrupted by a mental warning sent by Charles.

Brian had been poking the walls with the tip of his sword, looking for secret passages and such. He had poked the ceiling on the last floor and he had heard the sound made by the attic’s door.

“You savage!” he said, turning to John. “Lower those steps now!” John’s left eye twitched in anger but he kept his silence, waiting for Charles and the others to come and do something.

“You don’t really expect anyone to be up there do you?” Jean asked, swiftly walking up to him. “We have so much stuff up there that it’s impossible for us to hide anyone there!” Brian looked at her and narrowed his eyes slightly.

“I was not talking to you, woman! Stay in your place and stand down. I’ll see this for myself thank you!” He said. “What are you waiting for, savage? Open it!” John looked over at Jean and she shrugged helplessly. Slowly, he reached up and he pulled down on the cord, bringing down the steps.

When Warren saw Brian walking away from view, he instantly started to form a plan, figuring that this guy wasn’t an idiot like the others.

“We need to hide!” he whispered to the others.

“We don’t have anywhere to hide!” Ororo hissed back. “There’s nothing here!” Looking around Hank noticed a few toppled over statues whose bases were still in good condition. He smiled faintly and he turned to the others.

“I think I might have an idea!” he said. “We need to hurry though!”

That’s why when Brian and his men came in followed by Jean and Logan; they found nothing but statues up there; some of them apparently made of wax and real clothes. One of them was of two people, a man and a woman dancing the flamenco. Another was of an angel with his wings spread out wide holding a spear against the throat of his fallen enemy, a blue shirtless demon whose fangs were bared in a feral hiss or snarl. The last wax statue was of a blue ape, holding a Negro woman over his shoulder, one fist against his chest as if letting out a victory howl.

Logan had to restrain himself from bursting into laughter.

“What are these things?” Brian asked, tilting his head as he looked at Hank and Ororo.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Logan asked. “They’re wax statues our teacher sometimes likes to collect.”

“Who would make a statue of a Negro woman?” he asked. Her face hidden, Ororo narrowed her eyes as they sparkled with lightning, ready to strike the bastard down at that very second.

“I think you’ve seen that there is nothing here.” Jean said, sensing the danger at once. “Now I want you and your men to leave our home now!” When Brian had gone down the stairs, everyone let out a sigh of relief, getting out of their poses.

“I think you got me in the neck with that thing!” Kurt said, rubbing his neck lightly. Warren shrugged and put the spear down.

“Sorry about that.” He said.

“I’m going to fry him.” Ororo snarled softly.

“Don’t, Ororo.” Jean said. “Please?”

“Why not? I don’t think anyone would really miss him do you?” she countered.

“I think that just might be the case.” Jean said. “I’ll explain it in the den with everyone.”

“So you’re saying that Brian has a sister that is also gifted like us?” Hank asked, looking at her over the rim of his spectacles.

“I saw it Hank.” Jean nodded. “I think she might have the same powers as me and Charles. Her eyes were surrounded by lights in the shape of a large butterfly.”

“Where is she, Jean?” Charles asked.

“She shares a house with her brother.” Jean said softly, slowly concentrating to see where exactly. “In the slums of London. She’s not happy there, because her brother has to keep her hidden from the people who would want to harm her.”

“What do you suggest we do, go there and get her?” Ororo asked. “We can’t risk messing with someone whose brother is a soldier. He could find out about us through her.”

“Would you prefer that we let her stay in there in misery?” Jean asked, cocking an eyebrow slightly. Ororo sighed, looking down.

“I suppose not.” She admitted. “But who do you want to send on this mission?” she asked.

“I think that Kurt, Jean, and Rogue need to go on this mission.” Charles said. “The fewer people the better, and we need to move fast too. No wasting time there. It shouldn’t take more than five days ride to get there, maybe less if your horses run at long intervals before going to walks. In two weeks at most you should be back with her. You should get ready to leave by tomorrow morning.”

“Are you sure about moving this fast?” Remy asked.

“We don’t have time.” Charles said. “Not if we want to beat Brian and his men to her.”

That night, Kurt sat with Stefan and Jimaine out in the garden, talking quietly about the old days when the tribe had once had shelter in Holland before it threw out all of the Rom living there.

“When I come back from my mission, will you two still be here?” Kurt asked hopefully, raising his eyebrows slightly.

“No.” Stefan said with a straight face. “With soldiers out looking for us, we’re just going to go and wander all around England for a while until we can reach America where we’ll most likely be put in jail and accused of being cannibals.”

“I’m being serious.” Kurt said.

“Well where else can we go?” Stefan laughed softly. “We’ll be here when you come back, don’t you worry about that. We’re worried about you though, going out to London in these times.”

“I’ll have a disguise on the whole time.” Kurt assured him. “Nothing will go wrong for us.”

“If you say so…”

“I do.” Kurt said with a smile. Standing up, he patted away the dust on his pants and he helped Jimaine up.

“Now come on.” He said. “It’s getting late and I’m sure you both are tired from all of the excitement today!”

The next morning, Kurt, Jean, and Rogue were getting their final things ready for leaving.

“And you had better be safe.” Jimaine said, poking him on the nose with the tip of her finger. “We don’t need to hear that you and your friends had some troubles in London and have to come and rescue you…again!” Kurt groaned, shaking his head.

“I was only captured four times.” He said. “You were captured six, seven if I want to count Moravia!” he told her. Laughing, Jimaine hugged him gently, kissing him on the cheek.

“Good luck.” Stefan said, clasping his hand. Kurt winked, waving it off.

“That’s the only kind of luck I’ve been getting lately!” he said.

Ororo didn’t need to waste time with words or phrases with him. She simply grabbed him and kissed him on the lips for so long that Charles had to clear his throat to finally make her end it. Smiling, she winked at the dizzy Kurt.

“Swift journey.” She said. Nodding faintly, Kurt mounted Koro Grast and he, Rogue, and Jean rode off for London and Betsy Braddock.

RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by RavEnigma »

Nedrasha, you outdo yourself. And actually, if they wanted, Jimaine and Stefan -could- escape to the Americas. Many Native American tribes welcomed outsiders who had been persecuted, as long as they promised to help protect the tribe. The Cherokee and Seminoles did a lot of that. (I'd know, I'm part Nya Cherokee) They'd be safe with the Cherokee until the Trail of Tears, and that was in the min 1800's, so no problem there. And some Cherokee escaped that, anyway. Just an idea.
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Mistress D »

Wow, I'm actually learning something by reading this! :LOL I know I already mentioned the cool historical aspect of this story, but I just can't get enough of it! ^_^ By the way, are you still doing the prank thread, Lauren sempai?

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

that depends on if Wolvertique wants to do it.

I don't stefan and Jimaine would do that; they just want to stay with Kurt. Aww family togetherness...

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

*bows to the honorable Queen of fan fiction*....*searches for something to say yet come up with nothing because no words are good enough*
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Intermission

Post by Lauren »

“You see, Charles? They can never go beyond their aggressions and old hatreds. Humans will always be a violent and primitive race in the long run until our people take over this world and make it better.”

Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr were near Ground Zero, looking at the utter destruction in front of them.

“Look at this, Charles.” Erik said in disgust. “Thousands of innocent lives lost just because some fool was jealous because they actually have jobs and self respect! Not to mention an actual education that will help improve themselves!

“It’s nothing but a fierce cycle, Charles. Have you heard the news about Israel? One side starts something, and the other reacts with slaughter, and then the other side reacts with violence and so on and so forth until no one knows who started the trouble anymore!

“I really don’t understand what you see in these animals, Charles. I wish you and your X-men would just agree with me and fight with my Brotherhood for a better world for everyone.

“Just look at this! This is a true show of human emotion. What do you say?” he asked finally, turning to Charles.

Charles was silent, looking at the destruction before them. What he saw was firefighters, policemen, and rescue workers, risking their own lives as they dug through the rubble to look for survivors and bodies. These men and women were working through their weariness and aches to help those in need.

He could also see regular people, helping complete strangers with their wounds and such, probably meeting them for the first and last time.

There was nothing but complete companionship here.

“Yes, Erik.” He said, slowly smiling. “This is a true show of human emotion.” With that, he left a confused Erik behind as he went to help in their search for people.

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

:huh? Is this part of the same story or is it truely an intermission, my Queen:?
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Lauren »

well as far as I know, I don't think the Twin Towers were toppled in the 1700's do you?

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Lauren's Stories!

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Oh:oopswoopsie...I kinda read it in a rush so I didn't exactly catch that heh heh :blush Sorry*pleads for dear life*
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Lauren's Stories!

Post by Mistress D »

Okay, you're probably tired of hearing this from me, but I LOVED THAT STORY!! *wipes tear from eye* :*) That was beautiful! Lauren sempai is queen! :D

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

In London

Post by Lauren »

When they reached London, Jean had them put their horses in a stable and paid for a few days for the horses to be in there while they looked for Betsy Braddock.

“How do you want to do this?” she asked, looking at Rogue and Kurt.

“You’re the one wi’ the mind powers!” Rogue said. “Just look for her wi’ yer mind!”

“If we were going to be so simple about it, I could have gone alone.” Jean pointed out.

“Both of you know it off.” Kurt said calmly. “Jean, go and look for her with your mind. It’s the fastest way we’ll be able to find her now just do it!” Sighing, Jean closed her eyes and she reached out, blocking out everyone else’s thoughts except for Betsy’s.

She was sitting in the room alone, wondering when her brother would come back from his mission. She was lonely and scared when her brother wasn’t there with her. She really wanted him to be there, and she felt like she was going to scream because of the voices coming into her mind all of the time.

“She’s scared.” Jean said. “She can hear everyone’s thoughts and she thinks that it means she’s going insane.”

“Do you have a place yet?” Rogue asked.

“A tavern.” She said slowly. “With the head of a bloody pig as a sign.”

“Lovely.” Kurt said. Jean nodded a bit, sighing softly as she slowly concentrated more on Betsy’s location.

“It’s called the Filthy Swine.” She said finally. “We need to break up and find the Filthy Swine. When one of us does, we should go up to her room and send out a mental signal to the others and give directions. If I’m not the one to find her, I’ll be the one translating to the other.

“Are we all ready for this? Good, let’s go.”

They split up; Kurt taking the slums, Rogue the marketplace, and Jean taking the nicer part of London.

Author’s Note: The next two chapters will be the experiences met by the two who do not find Betsy. The third and continuation of the story afterwards is of the one who obviously finds her.

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Rogue's Journey

Post by Lauren »

Rogue found herself surrounded by people buying and selling goods, along with a mix of those begging for spare coins for bread. Her heart ached for these people, and in the end she gave away all of her money to them, hoping that someone did not come and steal it from them.

She thought of asking people where the Filthy Swine was, but she thought better of it, noticing the looks she was getting all ready from her garb in men’s clothes.

Calmly, she took off one of her gloves and she lightly touched a burly looking man who seemed to be the kind of person who went to taverns often.

What she found made her want to throw up, and she staggered away before anyone noticed to an alley so that she could throw up in some sort of peace.

The man’s name was Victor Creed, and he was killing people over in the rich district daily.

When she had finally stopped throwing up, she wiped her mouth and she went out only to find that the man she had touched was gone.

Sighing, she placed the glove back on her hand and she went on, figuring that that was a stupid plan in the first place, so she might as well ask people where the Filthy Swine was.

She went up to a vendor selling jewelry, going to the side to avoid blocking anyone’s way.

“Excuse me.” She asked. “Ah was wonderin’ if ya’ll could…”

“Can’ ya see I’m busy here?” the vendor demanded. “Go bother someone else ye bloody nuisance!” Taking the hint, Rogue went to find someone else. On one of the less crowded streets she found a young woman selling matches.

“Excuse me…”

“Why are you dressed like a man?” the woman asked, tilting her head to one side slightly. Rogue sighed, waving it off slightly.

“It’s how Ah am.” She said.

“You could get put in jail for that you know.” She said.

“Yes, Ah know now please…”

“Why would you risk going to jail over that?” the woman asked. “Are you some kind of rebel or something?”

“Ah’m just lookin’ fer the Filthy Swine.”

“Who are you looking for that’s a Filthy Swine?”

“No, the tavern.”

“The tavern that the person you’re calling a filthy swine is in?” Rogue really wanted to bang her head on the floor or something at this point.

“No, Ah’m talkin’ about the tavern that is CALLED the Filthy Swine, honey.” She said. “Do ya know where it is?”

“Oh, you’re one of THOSE people.” The woman said, shifting away from her slightly. “You’re really lost if you’re looking for that tavern in the marketplace you know. It’s over in the part of town where I live, but in the worst part of it!”

“An’ where do ya live?” Rogue asked, wondering why the Hell she was cursed to ask THIS person for the answer.

“The rich folks call it the slums, but it’s not all filthy you know.” The woman said. “At least we have self respect you know! Care to buy some matches, love?”

Rogue walked away before she was forced to jam some of those matches in her eyes to forget the pain she was feeling from listening to this woman talking to her.