"Nothing Better" *LAST* PART ADDED. 12/6!!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

"Nothing Better."

By Steve & Lisa

Disclaimer: Neither Lisa or I own these character, so dont sue. All characters Copyright Marvel.

---

Tired. That’s what it was, Wanda was tired.
Tired of fighting, tired of costumes, tired of "Villains, tired of being an Avenger in general. She was a mother, that’s what she was and that’s what she wanted to be.

Wanda slowly opened the door to her bed room and walked over to the corner where a small crib sat. inside and under the red satin sheet lay her child. A beautiful little girl by the name of Talia Josephine, Baby T.J. She looked just like her father, a cute little tail, soft blue fur, big yellow eyes

Wanda played with her daughters swaying tail and sighed.

She missed him.

She was the infamous Scarlet Witch of the avengers, he was Nightcrawler of the X-men.
How two people with such similar lives could be worlds apart she never knew. She kissed her daughter on the forehead, changed clothes and went to sleep hoping these thoughts would be gone by morning.

The next morning Wanda sat at the breakfast table drinking a cup of coffee in her big red mug and watching the news when all of a sudden, to her utmost excitement, it was time for them to do the Avenger thing. "Yay" She scoffed and got up.

Hex this, hex that. whatever.
The whole thing was a giant blur. Saving the day has become a chore, It didn’t even register to her.
---
Call me King!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

my turn!!! :D

~&~

They‘d swooped in, beaten the villain, done their duty as protectors. ‘Good times,’ she’d scoffed to herself. ‘What I’d always imagined my life would be.’ Her thoughts were interrupted by a soft hand on her shoulder.

“Wanda, are you ok?” Janet asked, concerned evident in her expression.

Wanda flinched slightly. “I’m fine,” she snapped, before regaining herself. “Maybe I’m just a little off, that’s all.”

“I’d say you were off. Had you waited another second there, Wanda, we could have lost the damn battle!” Steve Rogers stormed over, throwing his shield to the ground.

“Well, we didn‘t,” Wanda answered. “So just...just lay off for once.” She threw her hand up dismissively and walked away from the group.

“I’m getting sick of this attitude you’ve had lately!” Steve called after her. She simply kept walking.

“Give her a break, Steve,” she heard Janet saying. “She’s having a rough time.”

“I don’t care! This isn’t about her problems! This is about what we do and-” His voice droned out as Wanda moved further from the group, tearing her head piece off as she made her way through the city blocks. She ignored the stares she received as she trekked back to the mansion. Hadn’t these people ever seen a spandex clad super hero before?

The team was already showered and dressed by the time she had finished walking. She brushed past them all, ignoring as they tried to gain her attention. She finally found her bedroom, and pushed the door open. She moved to the crib, checking on her little cherub, fast asleep already. Turning, she saw as her babysitter waking.

“How was the fight?” He asked, brushing sleep out of his eyes and ruffling his pure white hair.

“Same as. How are you doing?” she asked, sitting next to him.

“Some days are better than others, ya know?” Pietro gave her a pathetic half smile, telling her all she needed to know.

Wanda leaned forward and captured her twin in a hug. “It’ll get better. I promise it will.” She felt as his tears began to wet her neck and uniform. The divorce had been hard on her brother, but not nearly as hard as his child being taken. They hadn’t seen Luna in nearly four months, with no guarantee he’d ever see her again.

Pietro pulled away, wiping his nose on his hand in a childish manner. “I think I had better head to my room and get some sleep.” He stood and headed for the door, before turning back. “Oh! I almost forgot! TJ crawled today.”

Wanda’s eyes widened. “She did?!”

Pietro nodded, sniffling again. “Yeah. From the bed all the way to the bathroom door. She’s a quick one, too.”

“Wow,” Wanda said to herself. “Crawling already.”

“Yeah. They grow up quick,” Pietro added, a few tears leaking. “Goodnight, Wanda.”

She didn’t look up as he closed the door. Just stared at the floor. Crawling? Her baby was crawling? Where had all the time gone? It felt like just yesterday she was bringing TJ home for the first time, seeing her first smile. Now she was crawling! Soon she’d be walking, speaking, going to school.

Crawling. Her baby girl had crawled. For the first time. And she’d missed it. She’d missed a milestone in her daughter’s life, over this Avengers shit.

Wanda looked to her daughter’s crib once more, lip shaking quietly. She curled herself up into her bed, pulling the covers up over her head, and cried herself to sleep.

~&~

Go, stevie go!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I really like this. I can't wait to see what you two come up with.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
sevati
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by sevati »

Yay Baby TJ!

Good to see you trying to add something to that ever elusive 1% Steve and Lisa.
I've left the board. Friends know where to find me :)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Neat! i wanna read more! *sits and waits for Steve's part*
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

*gasp* We loves it! *joins Armi in waiting for next chapter*

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
RavEnigma
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by RavEnigma »

:love This is so good! Put more Pietro in it, please? And more TJ! (Rav+Pietro=:love)
:bunny Naz-Bunny Lover Club member #1

"God help the outcasts, or nobody will"

"That's not a cat, it's a minion of the antichrist!"

Pietro Fan Club Member #1
:evopietro = :love
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

Originally posted by RavEnigma
:love This is so good! Put more Pietro in it, please? And more TJ! (Rav+Pietro=:love)
Pietro will be in it, alot.. trust me, he plays a big part. *will post his update later*
Call me King!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

So is Kurt even in the picture here? Or is he just off saving the universe or something?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

--
Even in her dreams, Wanda couldn’t escape it

“So what? You think I’ll just drop everything for you?”
“That’s not what I-”
“That’s exactly what you’re saying! You want me to drop everything for you without you doing anything in return!” Wanda snapped.
“Nein, Liebling, I-”
“Don’t you ‘Libeling’ me, Kurt! All I wanted was for us to be able to be together without all this nonsense that surrounds us. I thought you wanted the same… It looks like I was wrong, goodbye Kurt!”

Where had it all gone wrong? It was impossible for them to even look at one another after…
--

The next morning Wanda awoke to the sound of her little girl’s cooing. She rubbed her eyes and started over just to notice Pietro already holding and feeding the little one.

The young woman walked over and lay a hand on her baby brothers shoulder. Barely a minute younger, but to her, he was still her baby brother.

“Even your nightgown is scarlet..”
Wanda yawned “… it’s a thing.”
Pietro turned and look at his sister “Tell me something, Wan.”
“Yes?” Wanda replied sweetly.
“Does… does he know?”
“About Talia?”
“..yeah” Pietro said sadly.

Wanda just stood and bowed her head as a single tear ran now her cheek

“..Wan?”
“..no. I never told him I was- ” The young mutant began sobbing quietly
“ He should know, Sis…”
“.. I know.”
“I cant have my little girl, he should at least get to know his.”
“… He didn’t want me.. why would he want to know about her..”

Pietro just stood silently, Wanda never actually spoke about what happened… and he was never brave enough to ask.

She quickly changed the subject “I need to get Talia cleaned up and dressed…”
"I'll do it...and.. I thought maybe..I could take her to the lake or something, she seems to really like the ducks.."
Wanda looked over..
“Um..” Pietro spoke softly. “Could I? …Please.. Its just..”
Wanda bent over and kissed her brother on the forehead and whispered “Of course”
“You be good for your uncle Pietro, ok honey?” Wanda gave her baby a kiss and walked out..
--

“Mornin’ Ms. Scarlet.” Clint said playfully.
She couldn’t help but grin “Good morning, Clint.”
“You always this proper at 9 AM?”
Wanda filled her coffee mug and began over to the main room where Janet and Jennifer sat. As she got by the doorway she turned and looked back at Clint. “Of course.”

"Just keep smiling Wanda, just keep smiling.." she said to herself

"Wanda!!"
"Steve..."
---
Call me King!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

hehe i love tag ficing!

"Wanda!!"
"Steve..." Wanda acknowledged without turning.

“I think we should talk, Wanda,” The Captain grabbed her shoulder gently.

“There really isn’t anything to talk about. I just need some space.” Wanda turned, taking his hand off her should. “If you’ll excuse me.” She began to exit the room.

Steve’s tone became terse. “I understand you have some kind of personal problems, Ms. Maximoff, but YOU have to understand that YOUR problems take a back seat when we’re working.”

Wanda tensed. “I’m done talking, MR. ROGERS,” she informed. She knew if she turned to face him, she’d rip his head off.

“Don’t you DARE take that tone with me. I decide when we’re done talking! And I am NOT,” Steve moved forward and turned Wanda to face him. “WE are public servants. It is OUR JOB to put our lives on the lines EVERY DAY to ensure the safety of this city. We have to be efficient. And we are NOT when one of our own is so wrapped up in herself she can’t act as a team member.”

Her glare cut right through him as she roughly pulled her arm out of his grasp. “How dare you,” she said in a eerie calm. The television flickered on and off. “You know what? Fuck the team. And fuck you Steve.”

Wanda turned, and stormed out of the room. The rest watched in utter shock. They had never heard Wanda use such language before. Whatever was wrong with her, it was serious.

~&~

TJ giggled as her uncle passed bread to the gathered ducks. The small laugh brought a warm smile to his face and he gave her a small piece of the loaf.

“See pixie?” Pietro threw his bread out to the ducks. “The ducks like bread, huh? Now throw it out to them.”

Talia laughed again and sat back in her stroller, chewing on the bread herself. Her golden eyes widened, as the two looked at one another. She sucked on her piece, holding it with one hand, the turned her attention to her raised foot, reaching with the other.

Pietro watched her lovingly, thinking back to the days when his own child was this age. Tiny hands reaching up for her Daddy. His own arms wanting nothing more than to hold her, as she bunched her fists around clumps of his white hair. He ignored the pain as she tugged curiously. And watching her grow from that tiny baby into an energetic four year old. A miniature beauty, with long blonde hair like her mothers. And large expressive eyes. And the tears, the day she was taken from him.

His thoughts suddenly shifted from his daughter to Nightcrawler. Someone he never expected to be thinking of as much as he had been recently. He didn’t agree with his sister’s decision to keep Talia from her father. Pietro felt like he’d been blessed to see his daughter grow, and knows the pain of having her kept from him. It hurt him that his own sister could cause this pain in another man.

TJ’s squeal pulled him out from his thoughts. She cooed and giggled as her mother pulled her into her arms.

“I didn’t think you’d be joining us, Wan,” Pietro said as she sat beside him.

“I had to get out of the house,” she patted her daughters back, as the babe buried her head in mommy’s neck. “It’s just not the same there anymore.”

“Of course it’s not,” Pietro put his arm around her shoulders. “You’re a mom now, Wanda. Things change. For you, at least.”

“I don’t feel the same about the whole super hero thing as I used to.” She stroked her hand through TJ’s short, fuzzy hair. “I used to get such a rush. It was fun. Now, it’s a chore.”

TJ’s head snapped up, and turned toward the lake, watching the ducks. She looked at her mother and laughed loudly. Pietro smiled at his sister watching her daughter with pride.

After a few moments of silence, Wanda continued. “I missed the first time she crawled, Pie.”

He looked at her. She was fighting to hold in a few tears.

“I missed something so important, because of what? They didn’t even need me out there. But my daughter did. Talia needed me, and I wasn’t there.” A tear slipped, falling onto TJ’s head. She turned her golden eyes up to her mother. “I don’t want to not be there again.”

Pietro pulled wanda into a hug. “I know, Wan.”

~&~

Aight...its my Stevies turn....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

and to answer Nandi...Kurt will be in the picture..but this is a serious work in progress....so we dont know when...but he'll be there ;)
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

Oh, sorry! i didn't realized you posted more of the story!
keep going, keep going, me wants to read more. :thumbup
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Ooooh!! This is really goood!! More Pietro!! We likes Pietro!! I liked the duckys as a baby too....
Me hopes you get some more soon!!
Mistress D
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Mistress D »

Must... Have... More... FICCIE!!!! :eek :eek :eek Me likey this story! Write more, please!!
"I am Phil, Prince of Insufficient light! I darn you to Heck!!" :devil

"Quick, get the video camera! The Professor's sloshed and he's doing wheelies in the rose garden!"

"It's just a flesh wound!"

I AM THE VIRUS SIGNITURE. PUT ME INTO YOUR SIGNITURE BOX SO I MAY REPLICATE!
Warbird
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Warbird »

Awww I really like this story so far. Of course I always get sad when Cap is written all mean and Cyclopseque, but I have to admit that it really works with this story. Nice job.
"Sweet crackers I'm blind!!!!" - Stormy
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

MUST....READ....MORE!!! I love this fic! You must write more!
one name: Bruce Campbell
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by fallacy »

hellooooooooo together

we are waiting 5 days of more and more and more *jump around* :bamf

grüsse alex
grüsse alex
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

March 21st Update

Post by Tatu »

--
Clint & Jennifer sat with their jaws to the floor.
Janet could just blink
"Was that.. Wanda?" she thought

"Well whats her problem!" The Captain snarled
"You just don't get it do you?!" Janet snapped from across the room. "I told you she was having a rough time! I told you to back off of her a bit! But somehow you got the idea that acting like a tyrant was a good idea!" She shouted as she stormed off
Jennifer just shook her head and followed Janet.
Dumbfounded Steve turned to look over at Clint whos mouth was still wide open

The Captain just shook his head..

"I don't get it.."

--

"God! I just can't believe him!" Janet hissed "He's being so damn stubborn!"
Jennifer lay her hand on Janet's shoulder "I agree, but.."
"He's treating Wanda like shes his child..no.. his damn puppy!"
"Janet.."
"Her father is already a nut job! She doesn't need Steve acting like him!! I'm gonna go find her.."
Tired of being interrupled, Jennifer finally snapped. "Janet!"
"What?"
"You're acting just like Steve is.."
"... I am?"
"Yes, just give Wanda some time.."
"But.."
"She'll be fine and she'll be back."
Tears forming in her eyes, Janet let out a small "I hope.."
--

"Anyway," Wanda pulled away from her brother embrace. "I think we should get back.. its getting late."
"Yeah, you're right.."
She sat her little one back into her stroller and grinned.. she was so proud...
"Wan?"
"Hmm?"
"You gonna be ok?"
"Of course, I always am, aren't I?"

Pietro thought about it.. and she was right. There had be nothing his sister hadn't overcome..well..except..
"Yeah sis, you are."

As they walked up the the Avengers mansion Wanda filled with dread.
*Please, just let them all be in their rooms..*

"Wanda? Something wrong?"
"Huh? No. It's nothing."

Pietro opened the doors and to Wanda's utmost joy.. the place was empty.
She sighed hugged her brother. "Goodnight Pietro."
"Night Wan!"

As Wanda lay her little girl down a tap came at her door
"Wanda?"
"Oh, Good evening Janet."
"Do you have a minute?"
"Sure.. just let me tuck Talia in."

Up came that dread again. *Great.. Just what I wanna do.. Talk..*

Wanda tucked in TJ and sat upon her bed. "What's on your mind, Janet?"
"I just, I.. I wanna know whats bothering you Wanda.."
"Alot of things."
"..like?"
"Life."
"Wanda, talk to me.. Tell me whats wrong.."
"Everything.. I'm supposed to be a mother, Janet.."
"You are a mother."
"No, I'm not! I'm never even here for her! I'm too busy with the dress-up super hero save the day fairytale nonsense!"
Janet just stuttered. "I..uh..I"
"I missed the first time she crawled, what else am I going to miss? Her first words? Her first steps? Her first day of school?!" she sniffed as a lone tear ran down her cheek.
"Wanda.. I don't know what to say.."
"Exactly."
"So what are you gonna do?"
".. I dont know, Janet."
"Anything else?"
"Yeah.."
"What is it..?"
Wanda looked down at the floor..

"Kurt tried to call again yesterday.."
--

Go Lisa!
Call me King!
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

You guys are doing a great job. I'd love to read more. Kudos for you!
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Caer
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Caer »

I am so enjoying the story line. Keep up the good work.
Some mistakes are too much fun
to only make once.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Im glad yall like it! I'll be updating soon ;)

bump bump bump bump bump
Tatu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Tatu »

thanks guys!

We wanted to do something more realistic so the fact you like the story line means alot.

and this being my first time at ficing, it really means alot.
Call me King!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

oyy is so dramatic, so angsty!! i want to read more!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

"Kurt tried to call again yesterday.."

“And?” Janet poked.

“And…..and what? I hung up.” Wanda crossed her arms with a stubborn look.

Janet sighed. “You are ridiculous, Wanda.”

The Scarlet Witch stood, gesturing wildly. “Oh, I’m ridiculous! Yeah, I’m ridiculous! I’M not the one who gave up on us! HE DID!”

“And how am I supposed to know that? You never told ANY of us what happened. One day, you were crying and we never saw Kurt around here again. I’m your best friend, and you couldn’t even open up to me,” Janet’s voice had the slightest hint of disappointment. “We were all worried. Especially when Talia came along.”

“You sure had a great way of showing your worry,” Wanda snapped.

“Just, open up for once, Wanda. Let me help you.”

Wanda rolled her eyes, sighing, before sitting again. “I wanted us to settle down. I was prepared to give up this life, for him. If he would give up the Xmen. But he wouldn’t do it. He chose that damn team over me.”

Janet looked slightly suspicious. “Why would he do that?”

“Well, he said he wouldn’t leave the Xmen. But, I could move in with him. So, I’m supposed to give it all up for him if he wouldn’t do the same for me? It was an all or nothing deal, Janet. And he chose nothing.”

“Why did it have to be all or nothing?” Janet questioned. “Why did there have to be an ultimatum? Why couldn’t you just keep the relationship until you were both ready to settle down?”

Wanda paused, shocked by this line of questioning. “Because-” She started, before realizing there wasn’t really any answer she could give. It all made so much more sense a year ago. “You just don’t understand, Janet. It’s complicated.”

“Well, maybe I don’t. But your not exactly helping me to understand.” Janet stood, moving toward the crib. “And if it was just between you and Kurt, I wouldn’t ask you all this. But it’s not just between you and Kurt.” Talia lay asleep peacefully, blanket clutched in one tiny hand. “I think your daughter deserves to know her father.”

“You sound just like my brother.”

“Well, he has a point. It’s not right to keep Talia from Kurt, even if he doesn’t know about her. He’ll find out eventually, Wanda, and you know it’ll hurt him. I’m not saying forgive him for whatever he did, or be with him again. Just let him into her life. It’s whats best for her.”

Wanda stood, furiously. “I can’t believe- You don’t think I know what’s best for my daughter?”

“I didn’t say-”

“You think I can’t raise her myself? I’ll tell you, I DO know what’s best for her, and I will be the one to decide JANET.”

“Alright, sorry, Wanda. I’m just saying-”

“I don’t CARE what you’re saying-” Wanda was interrupted by Talia’s small cry. She rushed to the crib and lifted her into her arms. “It’s ok, baby. Aunt Janet was just leaving.” Wanda glared at Janet, sending it home.

“Whatever you want. But I suggest you seriously consider what you’re doing.” Janet turned and left the room.

“Shh shh,” Wanda soothed, sitting on the bed. “It’s ok. Mommy’s got ya.”

TJ cried into her mother’s neck. Slowly, her cries turned into small hiccups.

“Did we scare you, sweetie? Mommy’s sorry. Mommy’s so sorry.” Wanda rocked back and forth, holding TJ close. Soon, her cries died down, and Wanda remained clutching her sleeping child. She didn’t want to let go.

Clint knocked then opened the door slightly. “Wanda, Steve wants us downstairs in five, in full uniform. We got a problem on the upper east side.” He left as quickly as he’d come.