The Odd Couple Challenge!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Yeah, I felt the same way after writing that thing. I have no idea where it came from. This wacko idea just came up and hit me out of nowhere, and I wrote it out in about ten or fifteen minutes. Glad you guys liked it, though!

Your story was cool, SheCat, even though I don't know who Dead Girl is. Or Doop. Please pardon my inexcusable ignorance, but I've never heard of X-Statix. Is Dead Girl really a living corpse, or is she more like a tangible spirit?

Lauren, your Rachel story was sehr interessant! I never really would have seen them together. Are you going to give it a title?
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

there now it has a title! I liked all of these stories people posted. They're all so creepy and weird! muayhahahaha
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Thank you, X-Statix is a comic book about a grgoup of mutants who participate in a reality TV show. Dead Girl is a (sadly often overlooked) character who is a revived corpse. Technically, she's the metaphor of be careful what you wish for, because immortality bites.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Coolness! Thanks for the explanation!

Great title, Lauren! :D
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Wolvertique’s Challenge II - The Lion’s Apology

Fool’s gold used to be mistaken for the real thing. Settlers found it, peddled it off for sums of money, and only the jeweler who tried to change it realized what it really was. By then, though, it didn’t really matter. For all the places it had been, it might as well have been gold.

“I’m sorry!” He roared, loud and angrily and anything but sincere. At the door, Wanda turned back to him, feeling like the sound itself had bruised her.

“You always say that! You always say that!” She screamed back, just as loud but more shrill. “You don’t know what sorry really is!”

Victor got up from the couch, where’d he’d awoken to find Wanda packing her things. She hadn’t even been planning to say goodbye. “What do you know about sorry, you bitch?”

Wanda flinched, half-expecting him to rush over and break her neck. She thought she loved him, but he terrified her. “I was up half the goddamn night-“

“No, you couldn’t just leave when it happened, could you?! You had to drag it out!” He was livid, but Wanda thanked God that he was sober.

“Do you realize I could have you in jail for what you did? Do you realize that they could lock you up like the animal you are? Well, I wouldn’t give a damn! They need to lock up beasts like you!”

Victor looked less enraged than just injured. “I was drunk-“

“It doesn’t matter if you’re drunk or not, you’re a goddamn animal! You’re an animal, and I hope you rot in Hell for the rest of goddamn eternity!” She screeched, than turned to face the door. She tried to open it, but it was locked. Cursing, she plunged her hand into her pocket in search of her keys. Victor didn’t move from next to the couch, and it made her nervous.

This wasn’t how it was supposed to be. She was supposed to just open the door and walk away into the rain, no struggle over a lock that refused to budge, as if it were telling her something. Every additional second she was in that house she felt like she was going to break down. She was about to hex the damn knob of the door.

“Wanda?”

She didn’t turn to look at him, just let her arms hang limply. The ring on her finger glittered.

His voice was unnaturally meek. “You forgot your suitcase.”

She hung her head. The tears started to rim her eyes.

He came up behind her like the monsters in B-movies, towering and shadowy. She didn’t move, and she felt the suitcase handle pushed lightly into her hand. His fingers, tough and calloused, gently brushed over the top of her hand.

“Victor, I…”

She turned, still expecting him to be angry, or to retreat. Instead, she found herself enveloped in his arms, tight but soft. “Wanda, I’m sorry, I’m an animal and I’ll never hurt you again…”

No, no. He wasn’t an animal. Animals didn’t apologize. The tears in her eyes started to trickle over her cheeks. “I shouldn’t have said that…”

“Please don’t leave me, please don’t leave…” He repeated this again and again like some perverse lullaby.

“God, I don’t care if you hurt me.” She didn’t want it to be this way, but she didn’t know how to change it. She didn’t want to be dependant, but she couldn’t go out on her own.

“I won’t ever hurt you again, just please don’t leave.”

“I swear to God, though, if you hurt the baby I’ll bring this house down on your head and leave you.” She said fiercely, struggling weakly against his embrace.

He looked surprised. “Baby?” She nodded. “How long?”

“S’been eight weeks so far.” She sniffed and wiper her nose on her sleeve. “Hurt the baby and I’ll kill you.”

He nodded in consent. She didn’t even struggle as he held her longer. He loved her, he couldn’t live without her, and for this sweet Goddess’s sake he’d right all his wrongs.

Victor Creed was never made of gold. But from that day until his last breath on Earth, he might as well have been.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Until wolverine came and gave him a lobotomy with his claws, because of the things Victor did before, because he's EVIL!!!!

hehe I liked that odd couple.
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wolvertique »

Oo. Vic/Wanda. Nice. I did a Sagertooth pairing once, myself, on a site y'all probably shouldn't go to. :)

Thanks. This was fun.
Mystique: "How would you like to come see some really awful black velvet paintings of bullfighters?"
Wolverine: "What, no etchings?"
Mystique: "Just bullfighters...that's all they have on my motel room wall."
--Wolverine #51, "The Crunch Conundrum"

"Scott, everybody knows J-P would slap us all silly and make us little French speaking clones of him if he could." -- Bobby Drake
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Cheaters Beget Cheaters

Post by Lauren »

Author’s Note: This was a challenge given to me by someone else, but I figured that it really fit here since it is an odd couple kind of thing so…here it is!

Scott was yelling at her again. Scott was always yelling at her. It was enough to make one make his head pop like a grape one day.

But Jean wasn’t supposed to do that now was she? No, she was supposed to be the calm and collected student of Charles Xavier, and also the one who held the Phoenix inside of her.

So she just sat there, looking into space a bit as Scott raged on and on about how she and Logan were having an affair behind his back, and how she was going to break their marriage apart.

First of all, she knew for a fact that he was cheating on her with that whore Emma Frost. Second of all, she wasn’t cheating on him with Logan, it was someone else that she was going to for comfort. Lastly, she wouldn’t be cheating on him if he would just listen to her sometimes. Scott was always insensitive to what she thought and felt.

All she wanted was for someone to listen to her, and now she was starting to cry as Scott continued to yell.

“Go ahead and shed those damned crocodile tears!” Scott spat at her, watching as she placed her head in her hands. “It doesn’t hurt me anymore when you cry like that, Jean! Try something else!”

She left the room. She just couldn’t stand his shouting anymore. She ran into one of the empty classrooms, shutting and locking the door tightly. When all of this was done, she fell into the center of the room on her knees and she wept openly, letting down all of her shields and guards that she always kept up to make everyone see her as a teacher and a doctor in the school.

The warm arms of her lover wrapped around her as a purple cloud slowly dissipated into the air, leaving behind the smell of sulfur.

Jean still wept a bit, leaning her head back as Kurt kissed down her neck gently, his fur tickling her lightly. His arms slowly slid around her waist, hugging her gently against his chest, molding his frame with hers to calm her down gently.

“Tell me what happened.” He whispered into her ear, rocking side to side with her gently, wiping her tears away with the tip of his tail lightly. She started to tell him, the words flowing freely from her mouth as if it was water. He listened to her, rocking her gently as he did so.

When she was finished, he sighed and rested his lips on her shoulder, thinking quietly.

“Do you want to stop?” he asked gently, looking up at her, his eyes smoldering in the darkness of the room. “We can stop this if that is your wish. I would not want to continue if it causes you such pain like this.”

“You are the only one that makes my being here with it anymore, Kurt.” She said softly, looking over her shoulder at him. “I don’t want to stop this.”

“But Scott…”

“Has his Emma.” Jean finished for him. “Why can’t I have my own furry Elf?”

“Is that all I am though? Am I just your revenge?” Kurt asked.

“No, you’re more than that.” Jean said, resting a hand on his cheek and rubbing the fur there lightly with her thumb. “I love you, Kurt.” Kurt smiled, resting his forehead against hers and closing his eyes.

“I love you too.” He whispered. “But what shall we do about Scott?” he asked. “We cannot let this go on as a simple love affair any longer. Morals and good judgment practically scream against it.” Pulling her head away from his, she looked into his eyes and she smiled slowly, unbuttoning his shirt.

“Tomorrow we’ll catch him and Emma in bed together. Then I’ll divorce him and things will be all right.” She said. Kurt smiled, his fangs glittering slightly.

“You know for a fact that he is with Emma now?” he asked.

“Absolutely.” She nodded, sliding his shirt off and guiding him more gently to the floor.

SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

I like the writing, but I hate to think of Scott with anyone but Jean...Emma scares me.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Good job with the Fic Challeng Lauren. YOU ARE QUEEN!!!*kisses feet.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Sorte Springer »

SheCat I really like your piece! That was an innovative parring, and I like to see Sabretooth playing another part than "Here -comes -a-fate-worse-than-dead" for a change. You portray him as a pathetic social loser, and that, I think, is in line with comic book canon. But he does not murder or rape anyone "on sceen" in this story. That is so refreshing.
Good work, I give you all my support.
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

I don't like it either but I saw a preview for UXM 444 and they show them making out...it was horrible...*is blinded for life*

Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Love and Coffee

Post by Wolvertique »

Author's Note: Responding to the same challenge as Lauren did, above.

6)Logan and some unusual pick.

Some mornings I wish I'd never woken up.

Thump, thump, thump. Into the kitchen. Bobby and Kitty left the coffee out but didn't put it into the coffee maker.

Figures.

Scrape, thump.

How'd I get myself into this kinda mess?

Swish, drip.

No, ya don't have to answer that.

Thud, yelp. Great. Someone sat on the dog's tail again.

Sizzle, plop. Coffee's comin', bacon's cookin'. Thank goodness.

She came in and sat down with a sigh. I raised an eyebrow. "Sure ya want everyone to see everything you got, darlin'?"

She smiled. "Like our costumes don't do it for us, sweetie." The small patches of white spandex barely covered her lovely body and I growled.

"Then put on your costume."

Drip drip drip drip drip.

"Don't be so sour, honey." She toyed with a spoon. Clink. "With Kitty around, Bobby doesn't even know I'm alive."

I snorted. "Doubt that." Pour, clink, bump. "Have some coffee."

"Thanks, dear." She took the cup. Sip. "I never knew you were so handy. I think I might keep you."

I finally relaxed a little. So I wasn't just another of her one night stands. "I might just let you."

Her green hair tossing, she gave me a beautiful smile. "You'd better, honey, or my cousin'll rip through this place."

Scrape, thump. I sat across from her, coffee in my hand. "I can take him. I have before."

She took my hand in her green one, laughing. "I know. I hope you don't, though, sugar. Poor Bruce has enough problems without little old me adding to them."

"Huh." Jenny made a good point, but it was so damned FUN to tease the Hulk.
Mystique: "How would you like to come see some really awful black velvet paintings of bullfighters?"

"Scott, everybody knows J-P would slap us all silly and make us little French speaking clones of him if he could." -- Bobby Drake
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Well, very nice. I originally thought it was Emma, then Polaris. Now I get it. :D
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Another Odd Couple -- WARNING.

Post by Wolvertique »

Author's Note: I've been going nuts for a few weeks now, looking for an explanation as to how Sage and Sabertooth could possibly have gotten together in any universe, since I wrote a story where they were an established couple elsewhere. This story is not quite related to that one, but it's one answer, and I kinda like it. Hope you do too. Contains a little violence and disturbing imagery, edited for content. /end Author's Note

What the hell am I doing here? It doesn’t seem right, lying here with a woman in my arms, gazing up at the stars. I don’t belong in romantic movies. I’m the shoot ‘em up, take ‘em down type.

“There’s Cassiopeia,” she said, pointing upward, her soft hair on my chest.

I don’t bother looking up this time. I’m too amazed that she’s here. Hell, that I’m here. But I couldn’t stay away when she called. I never can. I’m addicted.

It all started in a bar about eight months ago, when I was trying to get away from it all. Funny, right? Everyone needs a vacation sometimes, buddy, and it was my turn. It was a classier dive than I was used to, but the martinis were perfect and the dart board was free, so I was sipping and throwing when she came in.

She was a pretty thing, long black hair flowing down her back, tight black top outlining her generous front, miniskirt revealing plenty of leg. Her smoky eyes looked over the room and flinched a little when they landed on me.

I have this effect on women, you see.

She turned away to the bar. I watched. The back was just as impressive as the front, sure enough. Perfect curves. She could be an underwear model. Maybe she was.

I took aim at the dart board, sure she’d hook up with someone else there.

I didn’t expect her to come over to me, a chilled glass of zinfandel in her hand. “What are you doing here, Victor?”

I threw my dart. It struck the bull’s-eye but bounced off. “Don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure, Miss … ?” I let my voice fade. She smelled of fear, sex, and determination, intoxicating scents, and her warmth made me itch. I quickly put my martini to my lips and inhaled the strong scent of alcohol. I was taking a vacation tonight.

“Tessa. I work with the X-men.”

Well. Wasn’t this night shaping up to be a real pisser. This was all I needed. “Victor Creed. Not working right now.”

She rested her arm on the rail I was leaning on. “Really. I had heard you were always working.”

I shrugged. “Constant murder and mayhem, despite what the runt might say, can get boring.”

She gave a little surprised laugh. Kinda cute. “They never told me you had a sense of humor.”

I lined up another shot. “Bet ‘they’ never told you a lot of things, babe.” I hit the center of the target again. No bounce, straight into the red. The damned thing lit up and started beeping and everyone else in the bar started clapping loudly, some of them standing. I took a bow and my drink, heading over to an empty table behind the jukebox. The woman followed me.

I didn’t expect it, but I let her. She sat down, running a narrow finger around the rim of her glass. “So what are you doing here?”

“Drinking. Shooting darts. You?”

She shot me a dark glance and flicked back a strand of hair that brushed across her pale cheek. “I just wanted some time away.”

I nodded. “Me, too.” The martini was nice, sharpening the edge on my thoughts. “So, why do it with me?”

“Do what?” Tessa took a healthy snort of her wine, coughing a little as it hit home.

“Anything. I’m the psycho killer mutant freak that probably everyone’s warned you about, especially that damned Logan. So why are you here talking to me? Shouldn’t you be out saving the world instead?”

She giggled. “Teacher, may we be excused to save the world?”

I didn’t get it, so I ignored it. “Yeah. Something like that.” I downed my martini. Why not? No woman was going to drink me under the table.

She rested her chin in her hand, making a pretty picture through the haze of smoke in the bar. “I don’t know if I should tell you. I haven’t told anyone yet.”

“What?” She was playing games with me, but I wasn’t worried. I could end it all with one quick slice if I had to.

She got up from the table and looked down at me. “Do you really want to know?”

I rolled my eyes and stood. “No. I always ask people questions I don’t want the answers to, little X-freak.”

She didn’t change her stance or her expression, but her scent did. I took a deep breath of her growing lust and growled a little. “Come with me, big freak.”

She walked out the back to the alley. I couldn’t believe it. “You know you’re asking a murderer to be alone with you, in a place where you can’t count on Charlie’s boys to come in and save you.” I stood in the doorway.

She turned, mist wreathing her form, and put a delicate fist on her hip. “Are you going to promise to behave?”

I walked up to her, bent down, and laughed in her face. “Never.”

Tessa shrugged. “Okay.” She walked further into the alley. “Are you coming?”

She was nuts. But so was I, according to most people. I followed her swaying rear to the end of the street. She took my hand and pulled when I would have kept on walking. “I have a small apartment here. Please come up.”

She led me up unstable, fragile stairs to an overwhelmingly smelly hallway. I covered my nose with my hand. “You know that second stair from the bottom’s gonna break some time this week.”

“Yes.” She gingerly walked over to #301 and pulled a key from the small black bag she clutched under her left arm. “Come in.”

The place was barely furnished. There was a basic small kitchen, never used, a table and two chairs in the next room, and a futon-couch in the third. I sat down on it and waited. She dropped her bag on the table, picked up one of the chairs, and joined me in the third room. Its walls were plain and white, bare of anything but a few nail holes. It smelled of her, dust, and emptiness.

She stared at me. I let loose a little of my tension, stabbing into her futon with my left hand. “So what’s wrong? Xavier not paying you enough?”

“No.” She considered me, her eyes flickering from my tense hand to my face. “You don’t know who I am and what I’ve done, do you?”

“You haven’t exactly made the papers, have you?” She gave a wry grin as I spoke.

“No, I haven’t.” She relaxed and her whole stance changed from elegant but standoffish to dangerous and sultry. Her face held a look I hadn’t seen on a woman’s face forever, temptation and excitement. She spoke with a smoky undertone that made my body ache. “You see, Charles recruited me for a long-term underground mission at the Hellfire Club. I spent over ten years with them. Know anything about them?”

I leaned forward. “I might.”

Her eyes glistened. “They’re rich, powerful, and dedicated to sensuality. They’re also evil and want to take over the world, but who doesn’t?” She uncrossed her legs, sliding her right thigh onto the seat slowly. It was heady. “The thing is, I don’t think anyone yet has asked me why Charles chose me.” She leaned forward and whispered in my ear, each word stinging my brain. “I like the excitement. I like being stared at, wanted, dreamed of. I like knowing any second I could fall off the edge and get caught.”

“So what’s the problem?” I purred into her ear. She drew back a little, teasing, and I pulled her back to me. I liked the way she warmed my body.

“I can’t exactly dress in nearly nothing around the X-men, now, can I? I can’t go on every mission and, of course, many of them are deathly dull.” She stroked my cheek. “But you wouldn’t know about that, would you?”

I gently bit her nose, relishing in the electricity it created between us. “Maybe. I did work for the CIA once. And I had to work with the runt.” I paused, releasing her. She sat back and stretched. “Why didn’t you just go with the runt? He’s pretty much everything I am.” I didn’t try to keep the bitter anger from my voice, punching my claws into the futon again. Damned Logan got everything I ever wanted without even trying, friends, lovers … everything.

She set her head on her hand again. “No. He’s too restrained. He doesn’t believe in letting his more … primitive emotions out to dance. Besides, I wanted to try to fit in there. So I repressed everything I was. If I let it all hang out now, no one would ever accept me.”

“They accept you now?” I waited.

“Some of them.” She coughed. “Of course, Charles knows a little. He knew it would be hard for me to join when it was time to end my assignment. I’m not sure he’d understand everything, though, and he’s so repressed himself I don’t doubt he might even ask me to leave if I revealed the extent of my discontent.” She frowned, resentment throbbing through the air.

“He’d better not. He’s got a good operative in you.”

“How would you know?” She turned her anger at the X-men on me. I sat back and took it, feeling it inside my head.

“So you’re one of his pet telepaths, huh?”

She blinked and some of her energy faded away, along with her presence in my mind. “Sorry. I normally don’t project.”

“’Sall right.” I rubbed my temples. “I’ve had worse from Weapon X.”

She sat motionless for a second, then sat straight up again. “Why did you say I was a good operative?”

I laughed. “Hey, I may be a heartless trained killer. Matter of fact, I am. But I know the spy game, Tess. If you made it for over ten years in hostile territory without discovery, that’s damned good.”

More of the edge bled away. Funny. I didn’t mind too much. “Thank you,” she said slowly. “No one seems to appreciate what I did.”

“They probably don’t get it or don’t know.” I paused. I hated being fair to that damned goody-good, Logan, but it felt right. “Logan probably would if he knew.”

“Why do you keep obsessing over Logan?” She leaped up from her chair and stalked back and forth.

Time to laugh again, so I let it all out. “You want the short version or the long version?”

“Are you a matchmaker or something? I don’t want him here. If I did, I’d invite him.” She sat down hard, crossing her ankles. “Short will do.” She took my hand and bit it, then licked the mark. I growled.

“What was that for?”

Her eyes gleamed in challenge. “I felt like it.”

“Did you.” I pulled her up by her shoulders to my eye level, her feet dangling above the floor. “What if I did what I feel like doing?”

“What do you want to do, Vic?” She flicked her tongue at me and waited.

“Can’t you tell?” My eyes glowed. I gave her my usual creepy smile, the one that makes everyone back off. She gave me a confident grin back and swept her mind through my head.

“Yes, I can.”

“Bitch.” I let her down. “You’re no fun.”

“Really?” She stayed where I’d put her, just inches from my body. “You’d better go, then, if I’m so boring.”

“Tess?” I sat and pulled her down to my level on her knees. She let me, not fighting this time.

“Yes?”

“Why me?” I searched her face. I couldn’t figure it out.

She looked deep into my eyes. “Maybe because I’m a danger freak. Maybe because you understand. Maybe because you’re the first person who’s ever offered me a compliment for what I did without being asked.” She leaned in. “Maybe because I’m really horny.” She stayed there, so close, smelling so damned good. “Those good enough reasons?”

“Oh, yeah.” I pulled her in and savaged her mouth. She gave as good as she got, biting my tongue with enough force that I howled a little from the pain. As I concentrated on her neck, she yelped. “Why are you doing this … ow!”

I grinned, my teeth tinged with a little of her blood. “I’m Sabertooth. That’s always a good enough reason.”

“You certainly are,” she whispered, drawing me back down to her neck. “I didn’t say stop, Victor.”

Well, now. This must be my lucky day. I kept going until we both shuddered in release.

Afterward, she rested on my chest, my arm wrapped around her. I felt oddly content, at peace. “So why?”

“Why what?” I tipped her chin up and looked into her amused eyes.

“Why the obsession with Logan?”

“I …” Damn it, the woman had to ask the most awkward questions. “It’s just something we do, I guess.”

She wouldn’t let it go. “Why?”

I thought about it for once. “He just … All right. You ever seen a dog go into a room and just raise his hackles at someone?” She nodded. “I guess we’re like that. Too much alike in some ways, not enough in others.” I paused. “Plus, you know, there’s the whole ‘me, bad psycho killer; him, guardian angel samurai’ thing.”

She stroked my beard. “That explains his obsession with you, not yours with him.”

I let it go. “Yeah. I guess.”

She sighed and snuggled into me. I wasn’t sure how to deal with it. Part of me wanted to beg her to stay and part wanted to run.

Eight months later, I still don’t know how to deal with it. We meet on occasional weekends, we steal away at times and go places, but at the end of the night, she goes her way and I go mine. Sometimes I think about breaking it off. She’s a liability. She makes me weak.

She also makes me whole. Her scent makes me quiver. She makes me sing. You got a problem with that?

Not half the one I do. I guarantee it.

There’s the whole problem of what to do if we’re discovered. She says she takes precautions. Sure. So did I. But there’s always someone out there better than you.

I sigh and lie back with her. She’s here now. So am I. That’s going to have to be enough.

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Veeeery interesting. I especially like the Challeng that my freind gave in Laurens stories thread, great jobs guys.
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

AWARDS!!!!!!

Post by Wolvertique »

My father was the music teacher at my high school for twenty years. Every year, he did a musical and every year at the cast party, he handed out "awards" to everyone who took part. The Awards were usually based on something funny or nice that happened during the musical.

So, in memory of him and in honor of all the fun we had in this thread, I present the Odd Couple Challenge Awards!

To Mistress D, BamfChyck, and Murdock, spectators, I give the Thread Derailment award, for suggesting that people do slash when it was expressly forbidden by the challenge terms!

To Lauren, I give two awards. One is the "Huh? Which challenge am I in?" award, for being derailed by the slash talkers! The other is the Overachievement Award, for writing three stories in this thread, the most of anyone!

To the lovely and talented SheCat, I give the Sick n Twisted prize, for coming up with some very ... unusual pairs in "Cold" and "Lion's Apology."

To the ever prolific Rowena - is she still around? - I give the So Close award, for coming up with such a good story that I didn't mind she bent the rules and didn't have Arcade with another living human being in "A Perfect Love." :)

To Kladyelf, Sorte Springer, and Curlyyhairgirl, I give the Inspiration award, as none of us would write without our appreciative audience!

Thanks so much, everyone! Let's give them all a hand for their wonderful creativity!

shakspear
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by shakspear »

Hopefully this thread is not over with quite yet. Plot Bunnies are hopping around in my head:p

At first I thought it was the phyical likeness and almost duplicate personality to Kurt that made me like him. Then, I got to know him for who he is. You see, whereas Kurt is sometimes self-conscious about his appearance, he is just easy going and enjoys life as it comes.
We met when the team went on a field trip to the city. Gotham is in some ways alot like New York. There are the horizon was a T-shaped building which our tour guide informed us was the Teen Titans Tower. Of course, we had heard all about the teen superheroes who were appreciated in their city; we felt a little jealous for such acceptance when we had to hide who we were just to live our everyday lives.
After the tour, we were eating lunch at a cafe when he walked in and ordered a frappiccino and proceeded to add extra sugar. He must have felt he was being stared at because he turned our way and met the eyes of both Kurt and myself. "Hey," he said as he made his way over to our table and proceeded to sit down.
"Hey," we all said, not knowing what else to say or do.
"I'm Beastboy! You know, from the Teen Titans? Need any help or anything? Cause I noticed you all staring..."
I blushed and smiled. Kurt grinned and said, "You're green."
Beastboy grinned and looked down. "You know, I do believe you are right about that! How about that!"
Kurt's holograph blushed and I could feel his tail start to twitch. I kicked his foot underneathe the table and said, "I'm Kitty Pryde; this is Kurt Wagner, Jean Grey, Rogue, Scott Summers, and Spike. We're visiting from New York."
Beastboy grinned again; his fangs adding a roguish air to his smile. "I have always wanted to visit New York. So, how do you like the city?"
"It's cool. Especially, the Tower against the skyline. We lost our skyline on 9/11," Scott said.
There was a moment of silence as we all remembered that terrible morning. "Would you like to see the Tower?" Beastboy asked with a smile while making eye contact only with me.
There were nods in agreement all around. And, after all the coffee and sandwiches were downed, we followed Beastboy back to the Tower.

(A.N. Don't know what his "civilian name is. If anyone knows, please let me know and I will edit this story. Calling him Adam until then).

We arrived at the Tower, which proved to be basically like our mansion except for the shape. It had training facilities and quarters for each of the members, who happened to be playing Nintendo Game Cube. Beastboy introduced us to them, and after Jean cleared it with the Professor, we gave them our background and information about the institute.
"Cool," was all Robin had to say before grabbing Scott to start comparing strategies and tactics. Raven and Rogue paired off and began discussing goth poetry. Spike and Cyborg played on the game while Beastboy, Kurt, and myself to get to know each other. Kurt deactivated the hologram and Beastboy, or rather Adam, was pleased and astounded by Kurt's appearance. They teased and joked for what seemed the longest time until the game caught Kurt's attention. "Go play. Beat Cyborg butt. No one but Robin has been able to beat him more than once. New blood is always appreciated."

Adam and I moved to the kitchen and started another pot of coffee. We talked like we had known each other for years. I told him about our lives in Salem Center and how the local high school. We ended up exchangng addresses (both email and physical) and phone numbers.

This was about six months ago. We are always talking, either IMming or on the phone. We had our first kiss when he visited for spring break. Professor Xavier was impressed by his abilities and offered him a place on the team if he ever wanted to join. When we were alone after the dinner, he had his arm around my shoulders. "You know," he began as he started to nuzzle my neck, "you can always come to Gotham and join us."
"Hmmm," I purred. Forgive the pun, but I was definitely turned on by his animal magnetism. "That is an option after I graduate, I guess."
His lips touched mine and I knew that what he said was definitely an option.

I know....It sucks:p I feel hung over:p
As much or more we should ourselves complain.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.
Be great in act, as you have been in thought.

William Shakespeare

"Stealing from one person is called plagiarism; stealing from a bunch of people is called research." -Alfred E. Newman.
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wolvertique »

I'd never say you couldn't keep posting here. Just don't expect more awards. :D I've given all I'm planning to. Unless you want the Elvis Presley Look-Alike Award. :lick My father always gave that one out in memory of one of his students who did an awesome job as the Pharaoh in his production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

shakspear
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by shakspear »

Nope...Not looking for any awards. Wouldn't get any for that :p anyway. I have written better, especially after a few :beer s:p
As much or more we should ourselves complain.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.
Be great in act, as you have been in thought.

William Shakespeare

"Stealing from one person is called plagiarism; stealing from a bunch of people is called research." -Alfred E. Newman.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I believe that Wolvertique deserves an award for thinking of us all:) Thankyou Wolvertique for your tremendous heart and being an awesome fellow 'scrawler!

Great job shakspear! I don't know beastboy's name either, I've only seen a few episodes.
Wolvertique
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wolvertique »

:D Now, if you give me awards, you know I'll just stick around here and keep writing for you all!

Wait a minute...is that a good thing or a bad thing? ;)

SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by SheCat »

Award for Wolvertique for slapping two loners together! Tess and Vic rock!

I loved that, by the way. Really a great Sabes. Why can't we have more loving Sabes? I like Sabes...