Two Tales and a Gun (M.K.A.: First Fic Posted Here)

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

This is my first fic posted here, it was the plotbunnys, I swear. They just attacked me out of nowhere. I couldnt stop them. Kind of like that time I ran the golf cart into a tree... A little off the subject, there..
Well, anyway, just a short crossover~ish thing, with Hellboy, and Nightcrawler. I hope you enjoy it, or the plotbunnys might come after me.. :D

Disclaimer: I dont own the X-Men, and I dont own Hellboy. I am doing this solely because the plotbunnys control my every move. Beware.
I am also just going on assumed dates, saying that Kurts 25 or so today, and hed be about 10 at the time. (And 1989 is when I was born. Yay for birthdays!)

/*

Germany, 1989

He sat back, and watched the kid running around in the dark. This was not exactly the usual spot to find children at play, and yet, here this one was, just as happy as ever, running, jumping, and practically flying back and forth across this place. This cemetery. Of all the things he’d seen in his life so far (which was quite a lot, considering his unusual line of work) this certainly ranked in weird-factor. What the hell was this kid doing out here in the middle of the night? He couldn’t have been any older than ten, and there wasn’t a single adult in sight.
There was a sudden, and very odd, sound and the kid was gone. Maybe he, or it, wasn’t a kid after all.. Demons were known for rather strange behavior more often than not. Then, just as suddenly, the kid was back, with another weird noise to accompany his ‘re-entry’. This was definitely worth figuring out. Especially if it made his stakeout even the slightest bit more exciting. So, after lifting himself off the ground, carefully tucking his gun out of sight, and sliding his left hand into his coat pocket to grip a thick, iron horseshoe, he got up and walked toward the suspected demon. This might just be fun after all.
“Hey, you there! What’re you doing out so late?” He asked, approaching the small figure crouched on an old headstone.
“Nichts. Nur Spielen.” The small thing replied, turning to face him with glowing golden eyes. Well, it sounded like a child.
“You speak English, kid?”
“A small bit. Mein mutti is teaching me better to speak it.” It replied with a smile. Kid had fangs, too.
“Mind if I uh.. ‘Test’ you, kid?”
“What for?”
“Are you a demon?”
He didn’t get a response right away from the small creature, who’s glowing eyes were now downcast and shameful.
“I am thinking so.” He muttered.
“Well… Here, lemme test you, and we’ll see if you’re really a demon or not, okay?”
“Ja! Do, bitte!” He mixed up the languages out of apparent excitement, as the kid stood up on the headstone, staring at him at eye-level. His eyes said two things: he really didn’t know if he was a demon or not, and he really wanted to know. Only one way to find out, then. He pulled the heavy, iron horseshoe from his pocket, and tapped the boy on the head several times. The kid kept his face all scrunched up and looked seriously scared while he did this, and the boy didn’t relax until he spoke again.
“Nope. No demons here.” He stuffed the horseshoe back into his pocket. “You’re free to go.”
“I…. Am? Bin ich kein Dämon? Vielen Dank!” The kid jumped up and hugged him around the neck, which is when he realized the extent of this child’s… Weirdness. He was.. Furry? And blue, and even had a tail that the kid wrapped halfway around his right arm while he hugged him.
“Jeez, kid. I was just checking you.”
The boy jumped down, and stood on his large headstone again, grinning.
“Thanks to you very much! I am always being called for being a demon! But I am not! Bin ich kein Dämon!”
“Sure, no problem. What’s your name, anyway?”
“Kurt Wagner. Who are you?”
“Hellboy. I’ll see you around, kid.” He smiled, and turned back toward his stakeout point, hopefully his cover wasn’t blown, yet. “You really shouldn’t be out so late alone, you know. There are bad things out here, sometimes.”
“I can take good care of myself, Herr Hellboy.” And the kid was gone, with another of those weird noises.
Whatever Kurt Wagner was, he wasn’t a demon, but he certainly couldn’t be human.

/*

Nichts. Nur Spielen- Nothing. Just games.

Bin ich kein Dämon?- I am not a demon?

~

So? Bad? Good? Should I chop off my hands and sell them?

Thanks much for reading.
~L.i.s.a. (Lunatic In Service Area)
Purple is the color of fear!!!

"responstibiklity"

"Tell him 'Fine, and I'm not gonna die before you do, you morally bankrupt Colonel with a God complex.'" ~Hagane
Archangel
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Archangel »

AWSOME!!! is there going to be more chapters? If there is WE WANT MORE WE WANT MORE :p
"There are things that go bump in the night. We are the ones who bump back." ~Professor Broom~

"When you see red: Stop. When you see blue: Bamf. And when you see the ground.. Well, I told you to stop."
~Ryo and Hushy~
StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by StarLightCrawler »

oh cool. I was woundering if any one would mix NightCrawler with Hellboy. You didi a great job. I do hope you write more of this or at lest simalar typ storys.:D
Sorry for any miss typing or miss spelling.
If (sp) is by the word that means i don't know how to spell it.
Image :respectnc
My Kurt Site. Life
De kant spel fore beenz klub member# 3
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Yay! Hellboy and Nightcrawler! But I thought Hellboy looked different too? Wouldn't Kurt have noticed?:?
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

It's dark out, he's ten years old, and he lives in a circus, I don't think he'd really mind how Hellboy looked. :D It might actually be commonplace for him to meet 'strange' looking people like that.
Thanks! Now there has to be more.
The plotbunnys command me...

~L.i.s.a. (Lunatic in Service Area)

"responstibiklity"

"Tell him 'Fine, and I'm not gonna die before you do, you morally bankrupt Colonel with a God complex.'" ~Hagane
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

Im just takin this wherever it goes, at the moment, so, if anyone has a suggestion, please! Tell me! I can always use help! (Not that Im running low on plotbunnys.. ;) )

Disclaimer: (Once again) I dont own Hellboy, and I dont X-Men. I dont want to go to jail, so dont tell Ive borrowed them. Im not making anything. Im just kind of insane.

/*

Later that night… Or, morning.

“Well, so much for that.” Hellboy muttered as he lifted himself up off the ground where he’d been sitting all night. The sun was just beginning to rise over the eastern horizon, coloring the sky a bright red to match his skin, just before fading back to the deep purple-blue-black of the night so swiftly leaving. He turned to walk out of the cemetery. Turns out, there wasn’t a single demon there. Not a one. The cemetery was deserted, and had remained that way. For a very long time, no doubt.
Hellboy hadn’t even seen a single sign of life in the bone yard. Other than that kid. But he was long gone earlier. Still, he couldn’t help but think he might’ve enjoyed some company, no matter how strange. At least he had the problem of that kid to figure out. That kept his mind off of the exceedingly boring situation before. Sure, some demons could withstand iron. Some even wore iron. But those were few and far between. Very few. And most were also commonly heard of, it could not be that one just happened to pop up unnoticed. They usually loved the attention they got for being able to wear iron, especially from helpless villagers who had no other protection. So, what could he be?
That’s when Hellboy heard it. Crying. Somewhere very close. He peered over a few stones, some graves and some just listless rocks shoved deep into the earth. There! It was the little kid, from before, Kurt. Hellboy walked over, and carefully sat down next to him. From the start he knew what was going on: The kid was running away from home. All the signs were there, the bags full of clothes, the crying, the way his clothes looked slept-in, and slept-in outside, as well.
“Hey, kid, what’re you running from?”
The odd little boy who’d seemed so upbeat and happy last night, looked up at him with a tear-stained face. After another moment of sniffling, he answered.
“I am leaving….. Because nobody… They did not….. Believe me…” Kurt paused, and scrunched up his face while he thought of the harder English words, for Hellboy’s sake.
“What didn’t they believe?”
“They do not….. Believe me when I tell them….. I am not a demon! And… Nobody.. They do not think you are real! They… Told me that I was just….”
“Making it all up?” Hellboy put in for him.
“Ja… That is what they.. Say to me. So I am… Running to find a.. Home where nobody is thinking I am… Lying all the time.. Or a demon.” He smiled a bit at the end, but there was no happiness in that smile. Kurt almost seemed to be a shadow of who he’d become in that moment. No ten -year old Hellboy had ever met had ever shown so much expression, most kids just wanted a toy, and they’d be happy for the next two days, and that’d be all that mattered to them.
“Do you have any place to go, kid?”
“Nein.. I am just.. Going to look… I hope I… Find some nice people.”
“Jeez, kid, why don’tcha come with me? I’m about to report back to H.Q. anyway.”
“I can really?” Kurt jumped up, excitement glowing in small golden eyes.
“Yeah, sure, what the hell? Barred against what you got now, the B.P.R.D. ain’t a half bad place to grow up.” _And I’m sure those guys’d be thrilled to meet you._
“Vielen Dank!”
“Who knows, kid? Maybe you’ll grow up to be an agent, just like me?”
“Will I change.. Red, too?”
“Nah. That one doesn’t come with the job.”

/*

Thanks much for reading!

*L.i.s.a. (Lunatic in Service Area)

"responstibiklity"

Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

aww! me want give little Kurt a hug and a kissy poo! poor Kurt..
"I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don't hesitate to call." -Vash the Stampede

"No, you see I'm blind in my right eye now... So boring. You know what really makes me pissy? Grunge, Heroine chic, and dying are over. I so hate being behind the curve. Tourism's up." Brett(Alan Cumming) from Urbania
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

Yay! Hugs for Little Kurt! :D
I think he could use a hug, but not the skull-crushing kind that Hellboy would give..

"responstibiklity"

StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Yea more story. That was kinda sad but looks like it will become intreseting story. Can't wait to read more.
My Kurt Site. Life
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

This story is really interesting so far, but I'm afraid I feel a bit lost. Who is this red demon-hunter person and what is the B.P.R.D.? I hope they're nice to Kurt there! Poor little guy...
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

The red demon-hunter is Hellboy, and the B.P.R.D., like I have had to tell my Mom SO many times, is the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense. :D
There's a thread floating around in here somewhere that has a link to a few Hellboy comics online, and I can probably come up with a better explanation if that doesn't cover it.

BTW, there'll be more story soon, just as soon as I get more good ideas.

"responstibiklity"

Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

*gasp of utter delight!* Hellboy! And-and-and Nightcrawler! :die

It would only be better with Abe Sapien in the picture. :love

Your posts are so odd...I love you already!

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

You think I'm odd?
My life's work is complete! :D
Don't worry. Abe is definitely going to be in the picture.

"responstibiklity"

^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

Yay! More story for anyone who wants to read it! But, first, two things I have deemed important, and theyre mostly on subject.
1( I bought a messenger bag thats black and red, and has the B.P.R.D. logo on the front and back! Hooray! Now I feel all cool! (Dont know why Im telling you this, I have no life..)
2( This story has officially been deemed movieverse, because movieverse comes up to present-day, and so will this storys continuance.
There. Im done talking. NOW READ! I COMMAND YOU! (Even though, if youve gone this far, youre probably already going to..)

/*

Three hours later, outside of a small village on the western border of the country…

“So what’s your arm made from?”
“Rock.”
“Really?”
“Yeah.”
“Why is only one of them made from rock?”
“I don’t know.”
“Does somebody else know?”
“I don’t know. Probably.”
“Is that a gun?”
“Yeah.”
“Why is it so big?”
“So I can blow holes in bigger things.”
“Really?”
“Yeah.”
“Oh. How big of a hole?”
“Depends on the thing.”
“How big of a thing?”
“Usually pretty big.”
“Where do you buy bullets for it?”
“I get them made special.”
“Where?”
“B.P.R.D., where I work.”
“What do you do?”
“I blow holes in big things.”
“Oh. Is it fun?’
“Yeah, sometimes. Listen, kid, would you give it a rest for five minutes?”
“How long is that? I don’t have a clock.”
“I’ll tell you when it’s up.”
For the past three hours, the kid had been getting much more articulate. The more he talked (which was a whole lot) the better he formed sentences, or recalled words. He seemed very well taught, but he’d said himself that he’d never even been in a school before.
“Has it been five minutes?”
“It’s been two, kid.”
“Stop calling me kid.”
“Why?”
“I have a name.”
“I know.”
“Then why are you calling me kid? I’m not a kid.”
“Yes you are.”
“No I’m not.”
“Yes you are.”
“No I’m not.”
“Yes you are, and I’m an adult, so I say you are, and that’s final.”
“No I’m not…” Kurt muttered as he walked at Hellboy’s side.
“Yes. You are.” Hellboy corrected him.
“You sure do fight like a kid for an adult.”
“Huh?”
“You are not acting like a grown-up is supposed to act. You act like a kid.”
“No I don’t.”
“Yes you do.”
“No I don’t.”
“Yes you do.”
“No I don’t, and I’m an adult, so I say I don’t, and that’s final.”
“Fine.”
“I thought you were supposed to be staying quiet?”

Thirty minutes later, a mile outside of the village…

“It’s been at least five minutes.”
Hellboy ignored Kurt as he walked, the boy practically jogging at his heel. The kid had become very interested in his tail, even though Hellboy had pointed out to him (several times), that he had one of his own. Of course, Kurt paid no attention. At least for the moment, Kurt seemed to have forgotten that he was running away from home, and if that kept him from crying his eyes out again, well, he could grab at Hellboy’s tail all day if he wanted to. It was actually sort of a fun game, Kurt would chase after his tail, trying to keep up with Hellboy’s much longer strides, and leap after it, trying to grab hold of the end. Once in awhile, Kurt even managed to get such a good hold on it that he just dragged through the tall grass of the fields they were so frequently walking through.
After another thirty minutes of this chasing, though, Kurt began to complain about how tired he was. So, Hellboy, being the caring person he was, offered him a ride. How much could somebody so small weigh? In fact, carrying Kurt on his shoulders was remarkably easy, not to mention that he had a freakishly reptilian way of climbing, and even holding onto Hellboy’s back.
An hour went by, Kurt eventually falling asleep where he clung to Hellboy’s trench coat. Finally, a familiar house came into view. Kurt slept pleasantly through the entire phone call, not aware of the strange looks he was getting, the small, blue elf riding on the huge, red giant’s shoulders. It wasn’t like the call was anything out of the ordinary, though. Hellboy was just getting the location of the train to the coast, then the plane to the States they would be taking back to H.Q.

/*

~L.i.s.a. (Lunatic in Service Area) :evil

"responstibiklity"

Nova
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nova »

good, me likey. can't wait for more.
poor liddle Kurti, he needs a hug.
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

that argument was just hilarious! I cried I laughed so hard!:D:LOL

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

OMG ^Sulfurous^ this is such an adorable fic. Kurt id such a cutie! Me just want to give him a big huggy and pinch his cheeks *facial cheecks, that is.* I ORDER YOU TO WRITE MORE!!!!
one name: Bruce Campbell
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

You'd better hope it's facial, he's only ten! :LOL
There'll be MUCH more. This is turning into an entire thing with me, when it was only supposed to be a one-shot. Now I have to write Kurt's whole experience, living with the B.P.R.D., and maybe meeting up with others like him later on. Can anyone say X-Men? :evil

"responstibiklity"

StarLightCrawler
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

That was a realy sweet.
Never thought of it before but the Way Kurt climes is like a replite.
My Kurt Site. Life
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I agree with SLC, never thought of that, good choice of wording. 10 year old kurt is so sweet!!! Normally I hate little kids, but he is soooooo cute, I wouldn't mind having a kid like him, esp if the kid were blue, I would so love to have a kid who was unique and just wanted to be himself, and not want to be part of all the fads, know what I'm saying.

GOSH I love this fic.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Siona »

Huzzah for more Hellboy and Kurt! Keep it up, L.I.S.A.!

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Faster Faster I MUST READ MOOOOOOORE!
this is such an adorable fic, I made all my friends read it i the computer lab at school and usally they are annoyed by NC because I bug the heck outof them about him but they LOVED this fic.
^Sulfurous^
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by ^Sulfurous^ »

Thank you all so much! I feel so special! :D
Ive never gotten such good reviews.. Of course, most everything I right is REALLY, I mean REALLY, depressing and sad, so this is a real change for me! Its only the second thing Ive ever written thats happy at all.
Another small update on my story-thing. More conversation, more time-lapse, and soon to be more trouble! Muahahahaa... Things have been going way too smooth, something bad needs to happen.. :evil

/*

Later….

The odd procession was now reaching another small village, though this one was notably larger, because of the train depot at its center. Kurt had been sleeping until they approached the village, which he now seemed to be concentrating on completely. The darkness had begun to set in about an hour ago, and the only things that could be seen of either of them were their two sets of golden eyes. Kurt was still riding on his shoulders, because Hellboy hadn’t been able to make himself force Kurt to walk in the oncoming dark.
“What are we going to do in the town place over there?” Kurt whispered from somewhere just above Hellboy’s right ear.
“We’re gonna meet up with a man who’ll put us both on a train to the coast.”
“What after that?”
“We’re gonna get on a plane, which will take us to the States, and then another ride, which will take us to H.Q.”
“Oh. Why do we leave at nighttime?”
“It might cause a few unwanted problems if we’re seen during the day. And I hadn’t planned on coming back with anyone, which makes this all the more convenient for us.”
Kurt stayed silent as Hellboy made their way, quick and quiet, through the houses. Thankfully, only a few of the house lights were actually on, and few people were awake. It took all of twenty minutes to reach the depot in the town’s center. The lights were out inside the train station, as well.
“Hey? You there?” Hellboy asked the darkness around the train’s tracks.
“Yes. Over here, sir.” The Conductor answered from just down the track. He was standing next to an open boxcar, waving an arm to attract his attention.
“Oh, there you are.” Hellboy muttered as he made his way down to the opened car.
“You’re just in time, sir. The train’s leaving in fifteen minutes.”
“Thanks.” Hellboy stepped up into the car, and heard the door close and lock behind him. He reached up over his shoulder, grabbing Kurt by the back of his shirt, and placed him on the floor. “Stay.”
Kurt glared up at him, but stood still in the dark while Hellboy searched blindly. There was a click and a flash, and a large lantern flickered on near the back of the car.
“There, that’s better.” Hellboy said as he sat down against the wall. It was really about time he got to sit down for more than five minutes. “Oh, you can move now, kid.”
Kurt glared at Hellboy again, and he walked to the side of the car, and calmly scaled the wall. After a minute of arranging himself, he was sitting upside-down on the roof of the car, looking down at a completely stunned Hellboy.
“How did you..? What are you, kid?”
Kurt stuck out his tongue. “I’m not a kid.”
“And you’re not a demon, so what does that leave?”
“Maybe I’m an alien!”
“Might be possible…”

/*

~Hellgirl (As I have now been deemed by Mike, my moms boyfriend.)

"responstibiklity"

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

AWESOME HELLGIRL!!!! You and Lauren are the best at fanfic. MOREMOREMOREMOREMOREMOREMOREMOREMOREMOREMOREMORE!
Lauren
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Lauren »

Kurt surprised Hellboy by going on the roof:LOL That was funny! Gimme me more!