Cartoons about Kurt as a kid

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

ROFL. Yes, it's still Monday, and you're forgiven! It's adorable as always! Mean Stefan. ;)
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Thanks Northstar. :)
And I agree with you about the lack of expression in webcomics. I do like manga and it's shortcuts but some days it seems that everybody is using nothing but that (frustration: big sweat drop, embarrassement:rubbing the back of one's own neck...did you ever see anybody actually do that?) That being said some expressions are always easier than others (sadness, happiness) and body position is always a big part of it.. Actually that's where most of the work is. It ties together expression and composition.
Hey I sound like a teacher...school must be starting!
"You've got it allright. Now keep it to yourself"

http://shadowscrawl.tripod.com/
Home of Lil' Kurt
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

I think the "rubbing the back of the neck thingy" is more cultural than anything else. In many of the live action Japanese films I've seen, someone does that at some point (though often for comedic effect). Sort of like how they'll wave at you (arm upright, wrist wagging) to say "come here", and we wave in the same manner to say "goodbye". But, yes, it's all "visual shorthand" of one kind or another, and it's truly refershing to see composition again.

What I love the most about this is the fact that I could just SEE all of this happening in real life! (It's the same reason I like For Better or for Worse.) Big siblings constantly tease little ones. Kids try the patience of any parent. The funniest things are the ones we have seen everyday.

Mold! MOLD! :*D
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Yes, a fellow "For Better or for Worse" fan! :D

Home of Lil' Kurt
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

I think Northstar nailed it for me. Your faces are so expressive. They tell as much of a story as the captions do. That's hard to draw well in comic form, but I think it's why I like these so much.

And this is one of the funniest ones you've done so far. I think Stephan was just jealous of the attention Kurt was getting :lol.

You really helped lighten a very hard day. Thanks
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

I hope tha the rest of your week went better Shadow_Dancer. Heaps of love and good vibrations toward you if it wasn't.

Also
I'M TAKING MONDAY OFF
See you Tuesday!:bamf

Home of Lil' Kurt
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Shadowscrawl
Yes, a fellow "For Better or for Worse" fan! :D
Um...blonde moment...what is For Better or For Worse?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Maelstrom »

For Better or For Worse is a popular American comic strip that's been running since the 80s, maybe even the late 70s. What makes it so unique, as opposed to other "kid comics" like Peanuts and Family Circus, is that everyone on it ages. When things began, Pattersons had just moved into their new home and they had 2 kids; a 5 year old and newborn. Now the eldest is in his early 20s, married, and with a child of his own, the "newborn" is beginning college, there's an "accidental" 7 year old to add to the bunch, the family dog died of old age, a new one took his place, and the original parents are retired.

Here's one of many websites:

http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

MOULD!!! LOL! Poor guy. That must have been quite a slap to his little ego. "Kurtee-koo" *snicker* :D

Fantastic, as usual! I really love these. Now I have a reason to look forward to Tuesday: work, classes and all! :D
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
For Better or For Worse is a popular American comic strip that's been running since the 80s, maybe even the late 70s.
On seeing it I do know it...I haven't seen it in ages though...we only get the Sunday paper and it's not in it...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
For Better or For Worse is a popular American comic strip that's been running since the 80s
Actually it's Canadian. ;) The author's name is Lynn Johnson. When speaking of using expressions, she's a master. She just shows real life. Because of that her strip has covered death, ageing, homosexuality, harassement, vandalism...oh my, all the things you get to face during your life. The sad thing is that the strip is about to end. Johnson has some health problem that's making it hard to draw so she will retire the strip in a year or so.

Home of Lil' Kurt
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Ohhh! Yes, I know that script and it's terrible that it's ending! I, too, am a fan and have enjoyed it for a long time. That's a shame. :(
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

:doh! no strip this week. Sorry guys. I did put up a sketch...late. : Things should get back to normal next week.

Home of Lil' Kurt
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

No problem! Seeing your new strips is a privilege, not a right. You take as much time as you need; I just enjoy them when they come! :)
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Wonderful sketch! Almost as good as a whole strip anyway, there's so much expression in it. And take your time with the strip, RL always comes first.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Yeah, Nazi rubbish of all kinds is illegal in Germany. Still, this character might not be the sort known for regard for the law. As for the rest, maybe it's because I'm a mother, but I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Still, it's kind of sad to see Nighty's a fish out of water even in his own family. (My kids never, ever think playing superheroes is a stupid idea. In fact, at any given moment, I'm roped into playing Jean, or Starfire, or Rahne.)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Northstar and Taekwondodo:
Thank you for understanding. It's funny how I started this strip because I had time to kill and the moment I did so things got busier and busier. So I had to go from ink and tones to ink to pencil...soon I'll be down to scanning post-its...
No-o-o!:smirk

Home of Lil' Kurt
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Angelique:
Nein, jemand bitten ihn, lauter zu sprechen.

Wow, you really read everything! This is so cool. I'm glad you liked it!
Originally posted by Angelique
Still, it's kind of sad to see Nighty's a fish out of water even in his own family. (My kids never, ever think playing superheroes is a stupid idea. In fact, at any given moment, I'm roped into playing Jean, or Starfire, or Rahne.)
I don't think that Kurt felt left out. But with the regular give-and-take that kids go through as they interact things can get intense...generally to be completely forgotten the next day. Thank God for that!

Home of Lil' Kurt
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Lil_Kurt 16 is up!
Suitable for coloring...

Home of Lil' Kurt
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

That's adorable! You do such a fantastic job of portraying how a normal kid would react to having Kurt's appearance and abilities. The strip is a great demonstration that realism does not necessarily have to equal angst. I love this lighter side of Kurt! :LOL
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Thanks Lysistrata. I should have said so sooner...I was hoping to combine my thank-you with another announcement but...ah, well.
:bamf
Lil'Kurt 17 is up!

Home of Lil' Kurt
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Hahaha! I love them, as always! Glad to see you're back at the drawing board! :)
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

:LOL:LOL That was great.. great job:LOL
ArticBeauty
Lubber
Lubber

Post by ArticBeauty »

Uh... Not intending to push or anything... But where did Lil' Kurt 16 disappear from the page? :shame

My first post... Yay! *cough*

Edit: Why doesn't my avatar show?
*sweatdrop*
Sorry, bad pun...
Damn. I'm annoying you aren't I?
And babbling...
Shuttinguprightnow.
Carpe diem. :bamf
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Your avatar is not showing up because you have hotlinked to avatarity.com. In case you were wondering, yes this is a bad thing. Here's more information on hotlinking. You need to save the avatar to your own webspace somewhere and give us the URL to that one.

As for Lil' Kurt 16, I assume it's on the Archives page (link at the bottom of the main page).