Cartoons about Kurt as a kid

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Thank you and welcome!
My first suggestions...:*)
These are great, thanks!
I think the second one has possibilities...maybe with an edit?
"Where the blue kid went"
"This kid runs into a church"
'It's only skin deep" works too.
Anybody else?
"You've got it allright. Now keep it to yourself"

http://shadowscrawl.tripod.com/
Home of Lil' Kurt
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Perhaps "The Dawn of the 'Devil'" or "The Dawn of the Light-Bearer".

The first one, of course, refers to Kurt's ironic appearance. The second one is even more ironic; the Light-Bearer is a literal translation of 'Lucifer' but yet Kurt is a light-bearer in other ways, bringing the light of humour and joy to his family and friends and the light of his faith shines through him.

Just a start.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Ok, I see where you're going with this. Lucifer can also mean Morning Star, doesn't it. Maybe there's a pun there, "morning start" or some such, if I can show that the adventure happens all in one day.
That's great, keep it up guys! :azazel

Home of Lil' Kurt
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Yes, Lucifer can also mean morning star. Those were about the limits of my creative capability; I'll think up some more, though! :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Still love the strips. Can't wait for more!
And here's what I mean it makes me think of care bears.
It just has that cute undertone. But that's just the first few strips, after you started shading it went all another direction.
[img width=277px height=124px]http://www.furnation.com/kallikos_corner/careB.jpg[/img]

I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Silent Crawler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Silent Crawler »

This storyline title popped into my head at work.

"The Ballad of the Demon's Religion"
(Or perhaps "Legend" instead of Ballad and "Devil" or even "Elf" instead of Demon?)

I dunno. Feel free to play with that as you see fit. Hehe.

Looking forward to more of your work. :D
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

"Kompendium des Dämons" this name's a bit "Hardcore" I would say.
"Tails of Life" or "Tails of Age" or "Tails of Religion"
"God's Circus" (kinda stole that one from "Family Circus", yet it fits a little)

Think I added enough names.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

The religious theme seems to be a strong thread for people. To that end "Faith, Hope, and Love" springs to mind.

When Catholics pray the rosary the first three Hail Marys on the drop (the part that hangs down with the crucifix on it) are prayed for an increase in the virtues of faith, hope, and love respectively.

It kind of struck me as a title with cool layers because the religious implication is there, but faith, hope and love do not necessarily have to be Christian virtues. They are characteristics that Kurt's personality demonstrates regardless of his religious affiliation. :)

-e
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

My favorite was the one with the holy water, and the "real boy" line. That really got me going, cause boy's are definately like that!
Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Lil' Kurt 11 is up!
After my complete failure to post on Saturday, I now officially declare that posting day shall now be Mondays.
Also, my son wondered what kind of sandwich Kurt was eating. I let him choose. So (this is important) Kurt is eating a peanut butter sandwich!
Finally, it's really exciting to come back on the board and see all those nice title suggestions. I have to go now but I look forward to going over them with you.

Home of Lil' Kurt
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Originally posted by steynedvelvet
And here's what I mean it makes me think of care bears.
It just has that cute undertone. But that's just the first few strips, after you started shading it went all another direction.
[img width=277px height=124px]http://www.furnation.com/kallikos_corner/careB.jpg[/img]

I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Now I really LOL when I saw that! Point taken. It's funny really, when I was an animation student I couldn't do cute to save my life, and now I have a hard time getting away from it. I showed your post to a friend who actually worked on the Care Bear show and she agreed. Sigh...
;)

Home of Lil' Kurt
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Haha, I love it! Taxidermists. You have a wit that comes up with the most amazing things; you can never see it coming! :LOL

And for some reason, I just saw the video camera one; was that the one that was postponed? I loved it! :D
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

Oh, it's peanut butter! Tell your son thank you from me! I was just about to ask what kind of sandwich that was! :D Taxidermists--good grief!

What do you think of "Pranks and Prejudice" for a story arc title? I thought of a few others, but I think this is the best one on my list.

I love these comics! My one and only problem is that they take so darn long to load on my slow-as-mud-charging-uphill computer! I get so excited when I see a new one's up, then I have to wait half-an-hour before I can see it! *sigh* But believe me, your work is well worth the wait!!! :D

:bamf
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

Rowena try what I do,
open up Shadowscrawl's page, stop the browser after it loaded the page, but before it loads the images.
Then just scroll down and right-click where you guess the last comic would be displaying, then press show picture (or whatever option your browser should have for displaying an image).
It saves a lot of time to get to the good stuff.

But that's just me.
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

:computer ...or I could finally make an archive page! Sorry guys, I knew the page was getting heavy. I just kept putting it off. Now that posting day is Mondays I should be able to do it.
Originally posted by Rowena
What do you think of "Pranks and Prejudice" for a story arc title? I thought of a few others, but I think this is the best one on my list.
:bamf
Well, me, I love it. So if there are no objections this will be the title for this story arc. Only two more pages to go!

I really liked all the others. It was a pleasant surprise to see people take the religious undertones so much to heart . There's lots of strong possibilities in them. Actually I would like to file them for possible future use. There's a story idea in there or two. Once again, if there are no objections.

So to everybody who sent title suggestions

Please U2U me your sketch request.
Please be gentle! Don't ask for something crippling like "the 'Coronation of Napoleon' replacing all characters by X-men"
Or your girlfriend as such-and-such...or such-and-such naked.
Anything NC related, including previously rendered artwork is fine. :blend

Home of Lil' Kurt
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Lil' Kurt 12 is up! Still no archive page, sorry. This week for sure. Really. For sure. Honest.:puzzle
I didn't have full access to my computer over the weekend because it was covered by flying monkeys playing the 'Crazy Frog' song...So it's Fourpawsonthefloor's fault. Yeah, that's it.

Home of Lil' Kurt
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Aww, it's cute! I love the Margali-Kurt interaction this entire strip. :)
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

*squees happily*

That last comic made me feel warm all over. You had to know that Margali must have been a loving mother when Kurt was young, as a couple of flashbacks in Excalibur confirm. He wouldn't be so at peace with himself now.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Thanks Northstar! (always the first with encouragement :tail).
I LIKE your new banner a LOT.

Also Shadow Dancer. I know some stories showed a darker side to Margali but, like you, I always thought that there was more evidence pointing to a positive relationship between her and Kurt.

Home of Lil' Kurt
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I'm not sure why, but Kurt reminds me of the fat kid in The Goonies... I'm really not sure why..:peek
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

The banner is Emily's; please direct all praise (which is well-deserved) to her. It's a masterpiece. I only helped to cook up the petition mailer.
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rowena »

I sent a petition!

Yay!!! You like my title idea!!! :D :D So I get a sketch now? Awesome! I actually have an idea for a sketch I've been planning to draw but haven't managed to find time for. I'll do some thinking and let you know. THANKS!!! :D

Oh, wow, this comic was really sweet! Margali was so perfect! She actually reminded me A LOT of my own mom. She'd always get so mad when I climbed too high in a tree or tried to balance my way across the top of the monkey bars above my neighbor's swing set (I only ever made it by latching on with legs and arms and scooting very carefully). But I knew even then she was only mad because I'd given her a scare. Great job! :D
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Thanks Rowena! And I knew you'd find something great.
As for Margali's reaction...been there, done that.

Home of Lil' Kurt
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Shadowscrawl »

As for you, young man...
Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
I'm not sure why, but Kurt reminds me of the fat kid in The Goonies... I'm really not sure why..:peek
I don't know either. It's been on my mind for two days!
Here are a few of the possibilities:

Because you think Lil' Kurt is fat.
Or because he's the odd man out in a group
Or because he's very emotional
Or because he made a strange (but kind) friend
Or because you were told that "fat kid in the Goonies" is code for "I will give you a lot of money" (I take Paypal)

BTW I saw "The Goonies" again last year. There was something really familiar about the main kid...He's the actor who played Samwise in "The Lord of the Rings"!

Home of Lil' Kurt
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Lysistrata »

This strip is absolutely adorable! Your artwork is very, very well done and the scripts are just lovely. I really like seeing a young Kurt who acts like a kid (instead of Foreshadowing Future Angst all the time) and *really* like seeing a nice side of Margali. She did raise him, and one presumes she loved him as much as any other adoptive parent loves their child. You really show that side.

If you ask me, the Marvel writers have serious issues with their mothers. All Marvel Moms are evil, dead, or both.