My Nighty doll

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

My Nighty doll

Post by bluefooted »

I don't believe I've posted this here before, maybe somewhere, but not here:

Anyway, my mom made me this uber-cute doll a couple of years ago (or was it only a year ago - I forget). I just looked up and saw him sitting on my shelf above the computer and realized I never shared his cuteness with all of you.

He's about 9 in tall or so and made out of wool felt. He's got curly woolly hair and embroidered yellow eyes - no mouth, though. He's really soft and floppy, so I had some trouble getting him to sit up for the pictures, but here he is:

you can see his tail in this one:

Anyway, I think he's the cutest nighty doll I've seen. Not sure what's up with the rave outfit he's got on, but it's cute as well :D
BamfChyck
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

My Nighty doll

Post by BamfChyck »

That is an adorable doll! How kind of your mother to make it for you. She must love you a lot, and be supportive of your Nightcrawler interest.

I love his little sticking out ears. They give him a bit of a lovelorn expression, like he's waiting for a hug. Hi hair has a neat texture, too. It looks fluffy and touchable.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

My Nighty doll

Post by Saint Kurt »

He's way cute. I love it!

I love his expression as well. I think you can find the source of his raver outfit on on the last pages of the last issue of the Draco - when he's eating pizza with his brothers. It's very cool that your mother made it for you. I love the construction. What kind of sewing does your mom do besides?

The most Nightcrawler-centric thing my mother has ever done is take this picture:

I figure she's going to use it to embarrass me when I become a vet. It's totally staged of course, but it's more of a re-enactment. After I got home from the Thanksgiving parade my Dad asked me to listen to his lungs because he thought he couldn't breathe. (He's kind of a hypochondriac. I mean, wouldn't you know if you couldn't breathe whether Nightcrawler listened to your lungs or not?)

Anyway... My mom thought it was hilarious and wanted to take a picture, but I posed with the dog because it seemed more appropriate since I'm in vet school.

-e
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

My Nighty doll

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Hah - and your dog has that "here we go again" look to him. Poor little suckers - I could never help going home and practicing taking pulses or grabbing bladders on my guys at home - eventually they got to recognise that gleam in my eye and would get that "fine, get on with it" look.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Rowena
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My Nighty doll

Post by Rowena »

Oh, Bluefooted, he's so cute! I love his nose. :D He reminds me of those pretty, hand-crafted dolls I see in the old wooden, potpourri-scented gift-shops in the historic parts of East Greenwich, Newport, and Wickford. Those dolls are usually really expensive.

That's such an awesome picture, Zam! I really love that costume. Your dog must be really understanding. :D

Now I want to show off a picture of the Bamf doll my little sister made for me! Unfortunately, my scanner's as dead as Curlyy's. *sigh*
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do."
~The Doctor, Survival

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
~The Doctor, Robot

"If this isn't civilization, why am I standing in a bomb crater?"
~Hawkeye Pierce, M.A.S.H.

Rowena Zahnrei's Stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/526713/Rowena_Zahnrei
Shadowscrawl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

My Nighty doll

Post by Shadowscrawl »

Want more doll pics.
Want a thread dedicated to nothing but hand-cafted fuzzy love.
Anybody else wants that?
"You've got it allright. Now keep it to yourself"

http://shadowscrawl.tripod.com/
Home of Lil' Kurt
Shashuella
Lubber
Lubber

My Nighty doll

Post by Shashuella »

zamweasel that pics too cute. ''Hah - and your dog has that "here we go again" look to him'' so true, I would be suprised if s/he walked away shaking her/his head
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes. [click] You're under!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

My Nighty doll

Post by Saint Kurt »

Actually, knowing that dog (may he rest in peace - he died a month after that photo was taken) he was probably wondering where the food was. I once figured out that he had one thought going through his head at all times which was "how can I change this situation so that there's more food for me". It could be applied to any situation - even eating.

-e
Arcane-angel
Lubber
Lubber

My Nighty doll

Post by Arcane-angel »

awww its so cute! And wow nice outfit zam. Where do you find paint for it? I was gonna make my friend Kurt for halloween but couldnt find any paint. (he agreed to it cause i told him i'd be lora croft :rolleyes )
"I've got a dungeon masters guide
I've gotta twelve sided dice
I've got kitty pryde
and nightcrawler too
waiting there for me
yes I do"
~"In the garage" Weezer
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

My Nighty doll

Post by Saint Kurt »

Because I don't want to completely derail the thread (anymore than I have) you can read all about the saga of my X2 nightcrawler costume here. Because this should really be about Bluefooted's kickass floppy Nightcrawler doll.

:)

-e