Archive: Not Less Than Everything [NC-17] (m/m, m/f)

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Many thanks to Rex Luscus for allowing me to archive his masterpiece. Last time I checked, NC-17s had to be on an external site, so I happily provide a link to the archive on my personal site.

Not Less Than Everything
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
bluefooted
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by bluefooted »

Thanks for archiving this for us! Good story: it's always nice to read some very literary well-written super hot slash ;pant
And it has snippets of T.S. Eliot's The Wasteland, which is one of my favorite poems.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

No kidding; I haven't seen such a well-written story, slash or not, in quite a while. And the poem snippets make it good (I like it when something included refers to the title of the fic). Thanks.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

I click on the link and get no fic, just this message...

"Yes. It is dead again. And this time I was the one who killed it. Leave me alone."

So...now I'll follow the request....
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

I am so sorry; when I was working on databases (to set up chat) I accidentally deleted my site database... which contained all my pages, as I use my own content management system. Trust me, it will very shortly be back up.

Update: Fixed. I'm recreating my CMS so it's not dynamic yet but it's at least up. Bump.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Hooray...and thanks for one more wonderful contribution to the Nightcrawler lovers of the world. That's one of the best relationship-centric fics I've ever read.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

On behalf of Mr. Luscus, I thank you. It's his majestic writing; I am merely the courier.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Still wish I'd ever been able to con Rex into writing the mirror piece from Kurt's POV, though. I always wanted to know what the hell was going through his head during all of that. S/he (think Rex is a woman, actually) toyed with the idea briefly but ended up not really having a muse for it, sadly.

I love how literary it is. The imagery is beautiful and so much thought was obviously put into how everything was worded. The language is very powerful. Yes, I re-read the whole thing last night. >< /fangirling
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

That would be great, wouldn't it? I don't know that it'll happen, though. It seems a good idea and normally I'd think of rewriting a fic into a different POV, but I certainly won't even try on this one as I can't match its style at all. Also, I don't do anything more sketchy than PG any more, really. I would say I wish someone else would take a whack at it but really I think Rex Luscus is the only one who could do it.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by taekwondodo »

Definitely only Rex could do it, at least and make it fit with the extant stuff. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at Kurt's motivations/thoughts/state of mind throughout. I have to say, I was actually VERY pissed off at him for chunks of it, since he's the one who started things and then he's the one who turned around and walked away without warning or explanation. Much as I love the story, it did leave me very frustrated and unsatisfied at the end, which was why I hit Rex up about doing a mirror piece. Sadly s/he kind of lost interest in the fandom, or at least being active, and it never came about. Though as complex as that fic is, even staying active in fandom wouldn't necessarily guarantee being able to find a muse to write the alternate POV. Still makes me kind of sad, but a wonderful fic none the less.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by taekwondodo
Much as I love the story, it did leave me very frustrated and unsatisfied at the end, which was why I hit Rex up about doing a mirror piece.
Really? I thought the ending was rather good as there was no end; I don't want to spoil it for anyone else, but the issue you mentioned seemed to have been resolved.

He was quite pleased that it was going to be archived and someone enjoyed it; I think he's still interested in positive feedback, if not in writing anymore.

His site is down, and I'm not sure why; I haven't asked him about it. The only other place this fic is archives is on an annoying Yahoo! Groups thing where you have to register and be approved. Bleah to that. :D