The misc. thread.

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The misc. thread.

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

I didn't want to clog this section with my art by posting a new thread for each picture I came up with, so I though one thread would serve my purposes just fine, and make it easier for others.

So...As you all know, and have heard (seen) me type it before, I can't do jack with colors. I've tried photosuite...it's ok, but time consuming, and I have Photoshop 2.0(I've tried using tutorials here...but the are completely worthless if I don't know where anything is on the program so I ditched it.)
So basically, I deal with pencil and every so often Ink. Black and white is my specialty;D

So here are my two new pieces.

http://www.freewebs.com/curlyy/swamp.jpg
I don't know what I want to change yet. It needs smoothing, and I think it needs alot more work.

http://www.freewebs.com/curlyy/forest.jpg
Ok this one, I like how the trees came out...and that's about it. I think I need to deepen the shadows underneath Frank(that's what I'm calling him for no reason at all) and fix the fabic thing he's sitting on.. Any thing else would be deeply appreciated.
Like it? Love it? Hate it ? Loath it> Comments? Questions or parmesian cheese? Shoot 'em at me, I don't bite...gnaw maybe, but not bite.

If the links just bring you back here, which seems to be a common problem with my stuff..just type the address in the search bar.:wave
one name: Bruce Campbell
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

The misc. thread.

Post by fallacy »

wow, wicked :-D

i like it...
grüsse alex
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The misc. thread.

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Thank you...

Criticism anybody? Need feed back yo!
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Alien

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Well i'm hoping an attatchment will work on this...otherwise I'll have to come edit this later and put the image in.

I did a sculpture of a alien made from aluminum wire, donated from Okanite Cables, and aluminum wire mesh (the kind you use on screen doors. I've worked on this on and off since Christmas eve, and finnished it last month. It was entered at the Santa Maria Art show, and one 2nd place in the drawing/design/painting catagory (they lumped thenm all together, andthere were alot of other pieces people brought in that definately should have gotten some recognition and didn't -___- my town blows).

Anyway...I lost alot of blood to this sucker...*_*..lots of finger cramping as well.

hope it shows...

and here is the linkage!!! http://www.freewebs.com/curlyy/DSCF0044.JPG

[Edited on 4/30/06 by CurlyyHairGirl]

[Edited on 4/30/06 by CurlyyHairGirl]
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

The misc. thread.

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Congrats on getting second place!!:D:D I think the swamp pic is great, don't change a thing;) and I can't view the second pic for some reason, but I liked your other work.. good job:bamf
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

The misc. thread.

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Oh he's cool. Its kind of a neat contrast to have a ugly icky alien done in shiny pretty gold stuff.

Very creative!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The misc. thread.

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Wow it's been a while since I've really taken a look around in this site (for shame!) I'm gonna try getting more stuff up in here, some of my other shtuff that I've done.
I guess I have just been too busy with school; finals, homework, friends. But now that I have FINALLY graduated, i'm now in the clear to do more art!!! XD!! *does a dance*. hopefully I can start working with some plaster. Woot! Community college up next!!!

Update on the alien.:
-my mom named him Julio--don't know/on't care why. I never give names for things that cause me pain -___- stupid wire.
-I entered it in my highschool art show
-won 1st place in other/sculpture (peoples choice)
-won 1st place in other/sculpture (critics choice)
- i have not yet decided if I will make the rest of the body though...it may take years...of pain.
-and the lighting made it look gold in the picture, it is actually silver in coloration....if it were gold, I would most definately go at it with a aluminum 32oz bat, then procede with running it over with my car five or six time, because I hate gold for some reason...SILVER IS BOMB!!!!

until next time...

EMO
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The misc. thread.

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Gwah! It's been so long. Finals are over, the holidays are here. and I got my third Sheltie a couple days ago. But that's not why I am here...no, no, no. I finally got a DA account, and posted some art, not much, but I'm working on it.

Anyway, here is the link to my favorite of the foue pieces I drew...check out the puppy too....that's mom mom's hand...NOT MINE! :*D

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44912109/

Anyway, enjoy! Tell me what you think. It's a rough drawing, I still need to work on some things and ink it.

untill next time!
EMO
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

The misc. thread.

Post by Saint Kurt »

Nice. I've said this before, but I'll say it again...

You're one of the few artists your age I've ever seen with a solid understanding of both light and dark values AND human expression and form. It's great. You have no idea how lightyears ahead of other artists at your level you are. (That is if I'm doing the math right... you'll be a freshman in college next year.)

I think about the crappy portfolio I took to RISD and I look at you're stuff and I'm like... It's a good thing I'm in vet school. I don't know if art school is your future but definitely keep taking classes because I just want to see what your work looks like after some hard core college level figure drawing and composition classes.

Sorry. That was a more general critique of your art as a whole, but that's always the first thing that pops into my mind when I see it (even like 4 years ago...). I never quit taking classes and it's always been great to just chill out and draw sometimes.

-e
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The misc. thread.

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Saint Kurt
Nice. I've said this before, but I'll say it again...

You're one of the few artists your age I've ever seen with a solid understanding of both light and dark values AND human expression and form. It's great. You have no idea how lightyears ahead of other artists at your level you are. (That is if I'm doing the math right... you'll be a freshman in college next year.)

I think about the crappy portfolio I took to RISD and I look at you're stuff and I'm like... It's a good thing I'm in vet school. I don't know if art school is your future but definitely keep taking classes because I just want to see what your work looks like after some hard core college level figure drawing and composition classes.

Sorry. That was a more general critique of your art as a whole, but that's always the first thing that pops into my mind when I see it (even like 4 years ago...). I never quit taking classes and it's always been great to just chill out and draw sometimes.

-e
I'm actually in my second semester of college now. LOL But that's ok.

Thanks!
I actually talked to the art instructors about the drawing classes they had, and they said I was too advanced for their Drawing 1 class and could easily move on to Drawing 2, but I still have to take it because it is a requirement. :shrugs but that's ok with me because I can challenge myself to go beyond what is asked of me. So eiter way I get what I want...though the class is 3 hours long. *sigh* But I will love it.

Thanks, Zam, for the critique!

TTY'allsL
EMO
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

The misc. thread.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

These... Make my comics looks like shit. O.O
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The misc. thread.

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46307012/

New one of the same guy. It's unfinished. Lots to do so little time....blah :die
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The misc. thread.

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Crocodile Hunter
These... Make my comics looks like shit. O.O
:shakeno

You need to give yourself more credit. I'm sure your stuff is great. I will have to see it some time.

So busy, I hate college. LOL>