Nacht's super cool FV&TTT Fic challenge #4!!

Feeling creative? Post your fan stories and fan art here!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Hey hey! Back for more!!!!!!

You know, how much did it suck when the Nightcrawler series ended? An amazing run by Darick and Roberto, cut far too short for the liking of any Nightcrawler fan. Am I right?

What's a Nightcrawler fan to do???

Continue it, that's what!

Almost a month past the final issue of Nightcrawler, and your challenge is:

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?!

Each entry in this challenge MUST begin with the events on this page, or reference to them. Let's see where this could have gone, had Marvel not put the kebosh on the whole thing....or at least, where we would have liked it to go ;)

Deadline is February 28th, 2006. Hop to it people!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I'm going to write a whole saga about where the stem on Kurt's wine glass goes on the last panel...

-e
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Saint Kurt
I'm going to write a whole saga about where the stem on Kurt's wine glass goes on the last panel...
You mean Wanda didn't do it?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

:shifty No. Turns out it was Pietro all along. Shhh.

-e
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
Each entry in this challenge MUST begin with the events on this page, or reference to them. Let's see where this could have gone, had Marvel not put the kebosh on the whole thing....or at least, where we would have liked it to go ;)
Hmmmm

"It turned awfully cold awfully fast didn't it"?

Does it seem rather windy in that scene?

Now THAT gives me some interesting ideas.

Yes I know I'm incurable, so sue me.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
Does it seem rather windy in that scene?
You mean Storm blew the stem off the wine glass? And Wanda and Pietro aren't involved at all?

That is interesting. :)

-e
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Not Storm either...

Kitty phased it into Kurt's tail as a joke. :?

Now it's stuck there.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
Not Storm either...

Kitty phased it into Kurt's tail as a joke. :?

Now it's stuck there.
Um...wouldn't Kurt be in constant agony if she did that?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Well, it seems as if this is stirring up some rather....interesting ideas...

I'm getting excited!! I can't wait to see what everyones doing! I feel like Tim Gunn!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

The wine glass has had a retractable stem all along.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Three words: plastic wine glass
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Seriously now....

The trip to the airport was a silent one, self-conscious and awkward for both Kurt and Christine. He wore a hat and a lined trenchcoat with the collar raised up to shield most of his face from the outside world, one hand on the steering wheel of a borrowed car from the institute, and the other holding Christine's. A mixture of snow and rain was falling outside and the windshield wipers were swishing mournfully, echoing their mood.

Christine Palmer looked out the passenger window as they slowly made their way on the congested freeway to Kennedy International Airport. Anything other than look at Kurt! She had been aware of the constant pressure of his hand and the occasional glances she had been receiving for the last hour, but she couldn't find the words to say.

Kurt checked the rearview mirror before changing lanes, feeling the car slide a little,"Ach! Love winter driving! At least Tucson will not have snow! That must be one thing you will be grateful for, Liebchen." Break the silence, he thought, get her to talk, or we'll both regret it later.

She snorted in derision, pushing the soft rabbit fur collar to her cheek, and huddling up in her winter coat's recesses,"Yeah, no winter! No Christmases with snow, no snowmen, or snowball fights, sleighrides...! The list could go on ad infinitum!"

He sighed; that was not the reaction he had been expecting! Obviously, this was bothering her much more than she was letting on. "Then why go, Christine? If you are going to miss this stuff then why leave?"

Maybe it was her turn to admit that she didn't know exactly what to do with her feelings about him? After all they had been through, all the things she had seen and experienced, almost dying...it was all a little overpowering at times. She had been having nightmares for the last week now reliving the things she had seen! It was painfully coming home to her again just how much it would cost to have a superhero for a boyfriend!

She chose to say something else instead,"It'll get all dirty and grey in a couple of days anyhow! You have to go up north for things to stay pristine."

Kurt pulled the sedan onto the onramp for Kennedy's parking structure, feeling rather tunnel-visioned as he found his own conflict of emotions and impulses rising up in him. Another car pulled in behind him, then another, thereby committing him to his course in the slow procession of travellers. Pre-Christmas rush. The lines inside were going to be brutal. More time to stumble over good-byes, more time to think about things.

"Are you sure you're making the right choice, Christine?"

A few tears came then with that question, evidence that she quickly erased with the sleeve of her coat, but could not remove from her suddenly quavering voice,"Oh, sure! Go ahead! Throw in the doubt!" Her laugh was short, bittersweet,"Make it worse!"

He chanced a quick and concerned glance in her direction, and saw the quivering chin and bright eyes, and he frowned. "I am sorry, Liebchen. I...I..."

She shook her head stubbornly, suddenly seeing her salvation dead ahead and to the left,"There's the ticket dispenser, Kurt. You'd better roll down your window."

He felt the dismissal in her voice and attitude and silently complied, taking the stamped piece of paper in his three-fingered hand with a sinking heart. He drove them into the structure without another word and found a parking spot in a secluded area. He turned off the engine, feeling a certain sense of finality, and was surprised at the rapidity with which Christine exited the car, slamming the door behind her. Kurt fairly leapt out of the driver's side door as she yanked her pullman from the backseat.

"Here! Let me help you with that!" he offered, reaching to assist her with the bag.

She yanked it back from him, tears falling freely now as she was lost in a whirlwind of emotions;"What are you going to do? Stand with me at the baggage check? Go through airport security with me? I can just see it now.'Mutant in Kennedy Causes Panic' all over the front page of the paper!"

Kurt took a step back at the barrage, feeling its rebuff, and was suddenly confused. There would always be factions that feared mutants, but there were others that accepted their existence. Yes, he was one of the more different in the mutant population, but he never thought that was an issue with Christine. Where was this coming from?

"There are ways I can go in...the image inducer..." he began.

She shook her head violently,"Don't you see? It would always be that way! Hiding in your element: the shadows. Never being able to go out in public without assistance from some gizmo! Supervillains knocking on the front door of our home! Friends who would have to understand! Oh, Kurt...!"

He caught her as she dove into his arms, a mass of tears, and felt at once confused and empathetic. He held her tightly, and kissed the top of her head with ultimate tenderness. "I am sorry, Christine, but every relationship comes with a price. I cannot help who and what I am. Let me come with you. The inducer will hide my true form from the public. Let me see you off."

She pushed herself away, one hand lingering on his chest as she struggled to regain control of herself. " My plane is leaving in an hour. I...I have to go." She launched herself at him for one last kiss, then grabbed her bag and hurried for the access door.

He stood there silently, awkwardly for a moment, the warmth of the kiss growing rapidly cold in the winter air and stared at the door. She had to be willing to pay the price, that much he knew. It was a choice every woman had to make, indeed every man, but moreso with those in high-risk professions. He met his reflection in the car's window, the yellow eyes bright and suddenly alien. Now the self-doubt came back. Where would he eventually fit in other than the X-Men?

He sighed, wiping at his own tears with both hands, and got back into the car, activating the projector, knowing he would have to deal with the parking lot attendant on the way out. Starting the car, he pulled out of the stall and headed for the exit ramp, the scent of Christine's perfume still lingering in the air.

He had not seen the crack in the access door, nor the bright blue eyes that watched him go. " I love you, Kurt,"she whispered, and turned away. The door closed with a thud behind her, punctuating the finality of her decision as she strode rapidly down the hall, bag in tow.

As he approached the booth where the attendant was stationed, Kurt made a decision of his own. Setting the car in neutral as he waited in line, he removed the bothersome hat, and lowered his collar, then ripped off the image inducer. He looked at his own features in the rearview mirror, and gave himself a sinister smile as he reached into his pocket for the money. At least this was going to cost him a little less parking-wise than he had anticipated. Shifting the sedan into drive, he made his way to the booth.

The attendant was enthralled with the latest from 50 Cent, his head bobbing to the beat, and his hands stuffing the last of the cash into his till from the earlier vehicle. "Yo," he turned to face Kurt,"...d-dude???" and his dark features actually turned pale!

Kurt smiled the same smile he had given himself in the mirror, and relished the moment, "BOO!" He handed the youth the money into an almost non-responsive hand, and laughed as he pulled away, coins slipping through the attendant's fingers to the slick pavement.

The next car drove up, and the driver looked at the sheet white kid who was staring down at him with a rather zombie like quality. Rolling his eyes, the man stuffed the bills and his ticket into the attendant's hand, "C'mon, pally! I ain't got all day! Yeesh! Stupid rap crap! look what it does to yer' mind,Stevie!" He looked at his 14-year old in the passenger seat," ya' don't wanna' be like him do ya'?"

Stevie just stared in amazement at the transfixed garage attendant, popping his headphones from his ears."uh, Dad...?"

Kurt headed back onto the freeway, letting his tears fall as he drove. This was actually costing him a lot more, he knew. A heart he was starting to let open, a dream he was starting to let himself believe, trust he was beginning to give. Why did he try, he thought, morosely. Listen to yourself, Kurt! To thine ownself be true!

A couple of letters came within the month that followed, then a postcard. He read them faithfully but could not find the heart to respond, or even the words. He kept busy practicing fencing, dealing with the misadventures caused by the intrusion of Mystique into the X-Men's lives, amongst other things, and wondered when Mephisto would live up to his threats.

Eight months went by, and Christine sent no more letters, no postcards. August was warm and sweet, and he was remembering her as he sat near the phone, debating whether or not to try calling her. Maybe that was what she wanted? Him to initiate things? To reach out to her?

Logan exited from the kitchen, and looked at Kurt sitting forlornly by the phone. In one hand was a bowl of popcorn, and in the other a can of Molson,"C'mon, elf. Quit starin' at that thing! The Stampeders are playing the Argos! Let's go watch the game!"

The mansion was achingly lonely with just the two of them, and Kurt wanted to be alone with his thoughts, not watching Logan get rowdy with a football game. "Nein, mein freund, but thank you for the invitation. I think I will go to the gym and practice some. Change into my sweatsuit, and just get physical, you know?" He offered Logan a tiny smile.

Wolverine sighed, "Just let it go, elf. That's what she wants. She hasn't called you, right? Much less written! Who knows? Someone new could just drop out of the blue any second!" He nudged his friend with a sly wink, and headed for the den.

Kurt swiveled about in the kitchen chair to watch him go with an affectionate smile. Who knew? Logan could just be right!

[Edited on 30/1/06 by StarChild]

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Aww, that was very sweet, Starchild! Fantastic entry!!

The bars been set, people! Beat that!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by idsunki
The wine glass has had a retractable stem all along.
Ah. I see! Like alternate universe daughter, like wine glass. That makes a lot of sense. (especially if it's Wanda's fault.)

I can't believe StarChild already wrote something tangible while I'm still sitting here making fun of the wine glass... Though, I'd be willing to bet money that Darick drew the base of the glass and it got lost during the inking and coloring stages.

-e
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I didn't make the last challenge, but I think I might try this one.

It's just that, getting started, I'm afraid that what I'd write would overlap what other people have already written and I don't know how to avoid that. :shame

Anyway, I like your entry Starchild and I'm impressed that you were able to write it out so fast. Just a thought though, I like in the comics how Nightcrawler is going out in public as himself more and more. So, I thought it was a bit of a step backwards for him to have to deal with that kind of shock and horror with the airport employee. (I suppose now that mutants are an extreme minority again things will be different for him though :( )
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Added that for emotional emphasis....besides, how would you feel(well maybe not you since you love NC as much as we do!) or the masses explaining to your kids or your harumphing grandpa about a blue, fuzzy, tailed, pointy-eared gentleman walkling through a public area...a tad disruptive maybe? and the kid at the hospital...Kurt utilized the gizmo to make him more comfortable with his apppearance initially. Kitty Pryde couldn't get used to him in the beginning either. (early X-issues!) And there would be super-baddies looking for him, so he and Chris would have had a less than normal existence. And, besides, Tucson isn't New York...Kurt would definitely be using the projector/inducer there! That is my line of reasoning.

GO FOR IT, CHICORY! :poke get writing!

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
Haver
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Haver »

Airport? Travel to Houston? I swear, I haven't read anyone else's ideas ...

Well, if we're all going to the same place, how about sharing the cab so we can split the fare?
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Originally posted by Haver
Airport? Travel to Houston? I swear, I haven't read anyone else's ideas ...

Well, if we're all going to the same place, how about sharing the cab so we can split the fare?
Heh, it's funny you both chose to go in the same direction with this (guess I'll have to go the opposite way then). And I think it's impossible to avoid crossing over what other people have written.

Thanks for the encouragement Starchild!

And I didn't at all mean to critisize what you wrote - I just was trying to say that one of my absolute *favorite* character evolutions for Nightcrawler is that after being afraid to for so long, he's lately been going out in public as himself. ((Yay X-men Unlimited #49!)) Of course, you're completely right that his appearance would still be a problem for him! (And with the decimation he, sadly, probably won't have that kind of freedom anymore :cry)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wow, you guys...January is almost over! And we've already got some great entries. I just wanna remind everyone that we still have a few weeks left, and this will be ending on that last day of February. After that, new challenge!
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I'll need till February, I write slow.

(Why is your flame-haired Kurt wearing lipstick?)
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Originally posted by chicory
I'll need till February, I write slow.

(Why is your flame-haired Kurt wearing lipstick?)
He's not flame haired, he's FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMING..

;)
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

more like this...

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

ROFL. How'd you get that picture of me? I MEAN... :shifty
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ok, we've got less than two weeks left, so I wanted a little reminder to everyone! The new challenge starts March 1st, and ohhhh boy and I excited! Wanna hint? Psst it involves Kurt ;).

Anywho, so far I have seen entries from Rowena, Haver, Chicory, and Starchild.....am I right? If you have an entry and I've forgotten your name, please let me know!! It's been so long!